ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

El Jefe 12-29-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249970)
Ok. To be clear: Geno had a bad game in large part due to the weather. Understandable.

But then to be mad at the coaching staff for adjusting to Geno's struggles in the weather?

That doesn't make sense.

It's an excuse.

Im not here to rip Geno, even though reaper is over there trying to pick a fight with me. Just calling it what it is.

This is a game where Geno was expected to come out and show everyone why people believe in him. Instead, he took two safties, fumbled in the end zone and lost a snap. To make it worse, those things happened at critical times.

And im the asshole for pointing that out?

Im not saying Geno isn't worth the #1 pick....but i am saying that he will need more help than some believe, and that today's game is indicative as to why there is such a variance of opinion on who should be #1 overall.

I'm just tired of fans making excuses for under performing favorites.

You worthless turd sandwhich!!!!!!!!!!How dare you doubt Jesus Smith!!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni 12-29-2012 07:40 PM

No, but his body of work in his entire college career did.

El Jefe 12-29-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9249946)
Outplayed by Nassib?

Smith: 16/24 187 2 TDs

Nassib: 12/24 127 2 TDs 1 INT

Apparently you didn't watch the game? Nassib outplayed him all game IMO. Apparently the safeties and sacks don't account for anything. Geno did not have a great game, he got the majority of his yards on WR screens or bubble passes.

El Jefe 12-29-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9249985)
No, but his body of work in his entire college career did.

See, I can respect that. Like I have stated, I want the Chiefs to pick Smith, but trying to dispute his sucky game is hilarious. He had a bad game, no excuses, he didn't dominate like many people wanted to see.

RealSNR 12-29-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249970)
Ok. To be clear: Geno had a bad game in large part due to the weather. Understandable.

But then to be mad at the coaching staff for adjusting to Geno's struggles in the weather?

That doesn't make sense.

It's an excuse.

Im not here to rip Geno, even though reaper is over there trying to pick a fight with me. Just calling it what it is.

This is a game where Geno was expected to come out and show everyone why people believe in him. Instead, he took two safties, fumbled in the end zone and lost a snap. To make it worse, those things happened at critical times.

And im the asshole for pointing that out?

Im not saying Geno isn't worth the #1 pick....but i am saying that he will need more help than some believe, and that today's game is indicative as to why there is such a variance of opinion on who should be #1 overall.

I'm just tired of fans making excuses for under performing favorites.

That's fair. But you're still underselling the shitty coaching job.

If anybody wants to say that Holgerson and company did a good job of preparing for Syracuse, I would love to hear the rationale behind it. Look at any of Geno's big mistakes and you can see Holgerson's fingerprints all over them.

Example: The first safety where Geno fumbled the ball in the end zone. At the one yard line when the Syracuse defense has been showing at least a 4 man rush all day, you put Geno Smith in the goddamn pistol with two backs split out NOT involved in protection? Those rushers had a CLEAR line to Geno Smith that should have been seen by both Geno AND his coach. Geno could have audibled out of it. He's a college kid, so he didn't. It's up to the coach to make sure bullshit like that doesn't happen.

I can go on. I guess if you wanted to see what Geno Smith would look like with the worst coach in the NFL, you got a nice taste of it today.

That's very likely not going to happen. A competent coach would have prevented 60% of those mistakes and ****ups by West Virginia's entire team (not just the ones Geno made) by being good at his job.

BigMeatballDave 12-29-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9249991)
Apparently you didn't watch the game? Nassib outplayed him all game IMO. Apparently the safeties and sacks don't account for anything. Geno did not have a great game, he got the majority of his yards on WR screens or bubble passes.

AND IT WASN'T CLOSE!1!

Ebolapox 12-29-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_AM_Chief (Post 9249666)
Anyone who still thinks Geno is the answer is just stubborn and too invested in him now to be objective about him. There is no way in hell he is a top pick. 2 safeties, and only putting up 14 points against a bad Syracuse team? Get real, he isn't the answer. Once he got to a real conference he got exposed, and Big 12 defenses aren't even good lol.

you know who uses 'lol' in their typing? 12 year old girls. sadly enough, they offer better football takes too, in between screaming about justin bieber.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-29-2012 07:46 PM

I'm just tired of people overreacting to a game or 2. Like was brought up earlier, people did not want Ryan because of the same BS.

El Jefe 12-29-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9249976)
Wow. And he hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL.

You should be a scout.

What did I say about the NFL? I said he hasn't been a dominating elite QB this year. I didn't say he would suck in the NFL.

El Jefe 12-29-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9249999)
I'm just tired of people overreacting to a game or 2. Like was brought up earlier, people did not want Ryan because of the same BS.

I hear that, but lets be cereal here, he had numerous bad games. FTR I wanted Ryan too.

El Jefe 12-29-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9249997)
AND IT WASN'T CLOSE!1!

I'm sorry that I had to give you some real news about your boy friend, I can tell you're taking it hard! Hang in there kiddo!

RealSNR 12-29-2012 07:49 PM

And you can look at those same errors and terrible coaching mistakes in the TT and KSU games as well. ZERO adjustments were made. Zero. It's like Holgerson either knows nothing but his Air Raid scheme or he's just stubborn. In either case he's a ****ing moron who put the "blow" in those blowout losses.

Coogs 12-29-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9249999)
Like was brought up earlier, people did not want Ryan because of the same BS.

I did. Not sure exactly why I was quoted in that post.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-29-2012 07:51 PM

So I missed the game.

How did Geno do...? How did Nassib do?

RunKC 12-29-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9250007)
And you can look at those same errors and terrible coaching mistakes in the TT and KSU games as well. ZERO adjustments were made. Zero. It's like Holgerson either knows nothing but his Air Raid scheme or he's just stubborn. In either case he's a ****ing moron who put the "blow" in those blowout losses.

Quit blaming all of Geno's mistakes on his coach. Holgerson was a big part of the problem, but it's not Holgerson's fault that Geno can't go through his progressions. It's also not Holgerson's fault that Geno isn't a good leader.