ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2014 Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279729)

ChiefsCountry 07-22-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 10760846)
so if and when yost is yosted, we all know that jason kendall is the next manager and all. but as i was listening to uncle hud, he mentioned ozzie guillen.
what's that dirty bastard up to nowadays?
i didn't like him when he was the chi sux manager, but i'll admit, that crazy sumbitch would light a fire under his players, that's for sure.

oh, and moar power moooooooooosetacos!

Ozzie got the boot for liking Fidel Castro.

BigCatDaddy 07-22-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10761294)

Well Fidel developed talent better than Dayton Moore .

cabletech94 07-22-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10761335)

ZING!!!!!!!

TomBarndtsTwin 07-22-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10761335)

Lol. Nice!

Well played, sir. You win comment of the day . . .

penbrook 07-22-2014 11:13 PM

Since telling his teammates to look in the mirror, Alex Gordon has reached base six times in his nine plate appearances.

TomBarndtsTwin 07-22-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 10761669)
Since telling his teammates to look in the mirror, Alex Gordon has reached base six times in his nine plate appearances.

Reminds me of the line from 'Rudy' where the coach tells him "I wish I could put your heart in my players bodies . . . . "

C3HIEF3S 07-22-2014 11:40 PM

Ozzie and Ned are probably two of the most opposite people ever.

Ned worries about players' domes.

Ozzie gives no ****s about a players dome.

Why Not? 07-22-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10761294)

I'd take Ozzie. He can bring Fidel with him for all I care, if he can light some fire under these wusses.

duncan_idaho 07-23-2014 10:20 AM

I couldn't resist posting this:
This gameday preview has a great (terrible) quote from Ned Yost.

Royals manager Ned Yost questioned himself for pulling Shields in the sixth inning, with his club holding a 4-3 lead and a runner on second with two outs. Jonny Gomes, pinch-hitting for Jackie Bradley Jr., hit a go-ahead two-run homer off lefty reliever Scott Downs.

"I should have stuck with Shields to get us through that inning. He was at 111 pitches [actually, 112], Bradley was 0-for-2 off him, and I just outsmarted myself," Yost said.

No, Ned, you insufferable moron. YOu should not have stuck with Shields. You stuck with Shields too long. You should have had a reliever up as soon as he started getting crushed in that inning (At least at the Bogaerts HR. instead, you waited until Stephen Drew crushed a 2B to start warming a guy up).

Pulling Shields there was absolutely fine.

Your cluster-eff up was not in pulling Shields. It was in allowing Downs to pitch to Gomes. You should have either burned Downs and replaced him with Herrera (which the rules allow you to do because of the pinch hitter) or WALKED Gomes to set up a force AND pitch lefty on lefty.

Just doesn't get it...

ChiTown 07-23-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10762077)

Royals manager Ned Yost questioned himself for pulling Shields in the sixth inning, with his club holding a 4-3 lead and a runner on second with two outs. Jonny Gomes, pinch-hitting for Jackie Bradley Jr., hit a go-ahead two-run homer off lefty reliever Scott Downs.

"I should have stuck with Shields to get us through that inning. He was at 111 pitches [actually, 112], Bradley was 0-for-2 off him, and I just outsmarted myself," Yost said.

No, Ned, you insufferable moron. YOu should not have stuck with Shields. You stuck with Shields too long. You should have had a reliever up as soon as he started getting crushed in that inning (At least at the Bogaerts HR. instead, you waited until Stephen Drew crushed a 2B to start warming a guy up).

Your cluster-eff up was not in pulling Shields. It was in allowing Downs to pitch to Gomes. You should have either burned Downs and replaced him with Herrera (which the rules allow you to do because of the pinch hitter) or WALKED Gomes to set up a force AND pitch lefty on lefty.

Just doesn't get it...

Truth

petegz28 07-23-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10762077)

Just doesn't get it...

He's too stupid to outsmart himself.

WhawhaWhat 07-23-2014 02:30 PM

Results of MLB competitive balance draft lottery announced

Quote:

On Wednesday, MLB announced the results of its competitive balance draft pick lottery.

First: What the heck is the competitive balance lottery? Long story short, the smallest-market and or lowest-revenue teams get a chance to win an extra draft pick each year. A team's odds of winning the lottery is based on its record in the previous year.

Those who wound up in Round A of the lottery will pick after the first round in the June 2015 draft. Those who fell into Round B will pick after the second round. And for the results.

First, Round A ...

Competitive Balance lottery results for 2015 @MLBDraft: Round A: 1. @marlins 2. @Rockies 3. @Cardinals 4. @Brewers 5. @Padres 6. @Indians

— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) July 23, 2014
And now Round B ...

Competitive Balance lottery results for 2015 @MLBDraft: Round B: 1. @Reds 2. @Athletics 3. @Mariners 4. @Twins 5. @Orioles 6. @Dbacks

— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) July 23, 2014
Worth noting is that, unlike other MLB draft picks, competitive balance selections are eligible to be traded among teams.
Don't quite get it.

duncan_idaho 07-23-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10762546)

Bad luck for the Royals. Basically, they take the 10 smallest markets and 10 smallest payrolls and put them in a lottery pot. 6 teams get a comp. pick between rounds 1 and 2. 6 more teams get a comp pick between round 2 and 3. The rest are left out.

KC got left out this time after being granted a pick between rounds 1 and 2 the past two years. This pick is what they used to nab Sean Manaea.

TLO 07-23-2014 04:48 PM

A sweep of the Indians this weekend would be pretty sweet.

Reaper16 07-23-2014 08:26 PM

Detroit traded for Joakim Soria. :(