ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

siberian khatru 07-25-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9834592)
NW Arkansas Naturals ‏@nwanaturals
Kyle Zimmer with 9 Ks through 4 innings has retired 7 in a row, thrown only 54 pitches (43 strikes) and not had a ball hit out of infield

11 K, 1 BB, 0 R through 5 on 77 pitches for Zimmer

WhawhaWhat 07-25-2013 08:06 PM

NW Arkansas Naturals ‏@nwanaturals
Zimmer strands two more getting his 12th strikeout to end the 6th...Naturals up 2-0

DeezNutz 07-25-2013 08:17 PM

Kind of have to wonder if he's a candidate to jump AAA, especially as a college arm.

58kcfan89 07-25-2013 08:33 PM

Random thought I had today, hope someone with more knowledge than me can answer:

Isn't Dayton's contract supposed to run out after the 2014 season? So is baseball like football in the sense that most managers/GMs don't hit their "lame duck year" without getting either extended or fired? If so, should we expect any action on Dayton after this season or does Glasshole care enough to do anything?

Just trying to find a way that we can get out of this no man's land we're currently in. Not good enough to contend, not bad enough to blow it up...

alnorth 07-25-2013 09:08 PM

... and KC wins while Detroit loses. The Royals are now 7 games back, far enough so their chances are not great, but not so far in July to where you should give up. The purgatory continues...

CaliforniaChief 07-25-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9834837)
... and KC wins while Detroit loses. The Royals are now 7 games back, far enough so their chances are not great, but not so far in July to where you should give up. The purgatory continues...

We'll see where we are after these next 6 games. I would think that if we aren't within 5 after the Twins series, it would be a disappointment.

tk13 07-25-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9834837)

It's a brutal position. The odds really aren't in their favor, but I'd guess a large portion of the ticket-buying fan base will think same old cheap Glass if they sell sitting near .500 at the beginning of August, and still having a ton of games against the teams ahead of us.

alnorth 07-25-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9834880)
It's a brutal position. The odds really aren't in their favor, but I'd guess a large portion of the ticket-buying fan base will think same old cheap Glass if they sell sitting near .500 at the beginning of August, and still having a ton of games against the teams ahead of us.

yep, it truly is a brutal position. You don't even have to dig up miracle Disney stories, we are JUST CLOSE enough to where you can find several examples just in the last decade where the fans would go "But but but, the 20XX (teamnames) came back from that much!"

The Royals probably should give up, but they can't. We have done JUST BARELY ENOUGH so that giving up right now would be a disaster. Even as a logical baseball fan who would probably be fine with it, even I can feel it. I honestly, truly do not want to trade Santana. I just do not want to do it, even though I know we should...

KevB 07-25-2013 10:27 PM

Rany Jazayerli ‏@jazayerli 37s
Tell me more. MT @Steven_Davis3 Pretty sure I just witnessed the best stuff/pitching in my 9 years of minor league baseball. #Zimmer

Sure-Oz 07-25-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9835087)
Rany Jazayerli ‏@jazayerli 37s
Tell me more. MT @Steven_Davis3 Pretty sure I just witnessed the best stuff/pitching in my 9 years of minor league baseball. #Zimmer

Dude is coming on now...Keith Law seems to love him

Pitt Gorilla 07-25-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9834912)
yep, it truly is a brutal position. You don't even have to dig up miracle Disney stories, we are JUST CLOSE enough to where you can find several examples just in the last decade where the fans would go "But but but, the 20XX (teamnames) came back from that much!"

The Royals probably should give up, but they can't. We have done JUST BARELY ENOUGH so that giving up right now would be a disaster. Even as a logical baseball fan who would probably be fine with it, even I can feel it. I honestly, truly do not want to trade Santana. I just do not want to do it, even though I know we should...

Given the pick we'd likely get for him after the season, I'm not sure I'd deal him either. Of course, if they get blown away with an offer...

mr. tegu 07-25-2013 11:08 PM

They will make a feel good, underdogs, comeback miracle movie about this season after the things we do these next three months.

It's got it all. The star player finally figuring it out. The magic sauce. The legend returning. The rookie nobody really wanted at first because the rookie we really wanted got traded. The absolute low point in the season where no one was good for a month. Parting ways with the "nice" guy with a "nice" smile. The constant struggle of one run games. The script is writing itself. This move will have a better ending than Moneyball.

SPchief 07-25-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9834912)

1 week ago I would have agreed to trade off Santana and bring up Duffy. Now you can't bail out. Keep him, get the comp pick and hope the team goes on a run. Davies on the mound against Sale on Saturday could hopefully be his last straw. Bring up Duffy, put Daivies in the pen, hope and pray they can swindle someone to trade for Hoch. Give Zimmerman a few more weeks in AA and put him in Omaha. If he continues, he would be a great addition in September.

ChiefsCountry 07-25-2013 11:37 PM

Royals need to be buyers and sellers. Look for a blockbuster deal for any of our current players while trying to field a team that win the rest of the year, while building next year's squad. I know a bunch of you will piss and moan about it, but **** off we need some wins.

Mama Hip Rockets 07-25-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9835197)
They will make a feel good, underdogs, comeback miracle movie about this season after the things we do these next three months.

It's got it all. The star player finally figuring it out. The magic sauce. The legend returning. The rookie nobody really wanted at first because the rookie we really wanted got traded. The absolute low point in the season where no one was good for a month. Parting ways with the "nice" guy with a "nice" smile. The constant struggle of one run games. The script is writing itself. This move will have a better ending than Moneyball.

Haha.

That sounds really awesome, actually.