ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

SAUTO 11-25-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151914)
Just don't kick my ass man! PLEASE don't do it!

I would be scared you would try to feel me up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9151912)
Link?

How about a link to where we take him #1? Stupid ****ing question dumbass. Give me that link to Walter football or CBS sports. LOL

Tribal Warfare 11-25-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151902)
Even if Pioli is gone, we won't take Smith #1. No GM will.

Never go full reerun

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9151925)
I would be scared you would try to feel me up.
Posted via Mobile Device

You should be. LMAO

Tribal Warfare 11-25-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151927)
How about a link to where we take him #1? Stupid ****ing question dumbass. Give me that link to Walter football or CBS sports. LOL

Dude, you're setting yourself up for a full scale beat down

WildTurkey 11-25-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151927)
How about a link to where we take him #1? Stupid ****ing question dumbass.

I never said we'd take him.. I'm just wondering how you're so sure we won't .. You seem awfully confident for such a stupid sob

RunKC 11-25-2012 06:56 PM

We would have won today if Geno was our QB :(

Pasta Little Brioni 11-25-2012 06:57 PM

One step closer to running roughshed over this division for a decade.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9151950)
I never said we'd take him.. I'm just wondering how you're so sure we won't .. You seem awfully confident for such a stupid sob

I've said the reasons why several times in this thread dumbass.

Sorter 11-25-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151940)
You should be. LMAO

http://s5.tinypic.com/r8zh1k.jpg

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9151947)
Dude, you're setting yourself up for a full scale beat down

So what? I am saying what I think. Beat me down. I am going to bed.

WildTurkey 11-25-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151963)
I've said the reasons why several times in this thread dumbass.

I meant actual legitimate reasons. Not opinions from a dumbass wannabe scout

ChiefsCountry 11-25-2012 06:59 PM

BlackDouche really want a link to Walter's and CBS, where both have Geno Smith as our pick. Can he even be more ****ing stupid than we thought he already was.

RealSNR 11-25-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151902)
Even if Pioli is gone, we won't take Smith #1. No GM will. It might be Barkley or Wilson but it will not be Geno. There is just no way in hell. It is so easy to see it's not even funny.

Is that why most mock draft sites have the Chiefs taking Geno Smith at #1? LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 11-25-2012 07:00 PM

He's like an Idiocracy charactar come to life.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9151968)
I meant actually legitimate reasons. Not opinions from a dumbass wannabe scout

Well, when you find the place where the real scouts come out and open up about their findings, I would love to see it.

You are never going to see that DUMBASS!

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9151950)

He is actually Scotty Pioli. He is in denial and thinks he will be making the pick.

Look at his mock draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 11-25-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151967)
So what? I am saying what I think. Beat me down. I am going to bed.

Okay, it won't end well and most likely result in a permaban on your IP because of a heated exchange with a poster or Mod.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151981)
Well, when you find the place where the real scouts come out and open up about their findings, I would love to see it.

How do you see that then?

The scouts you hired obviously suck. Scotty
Posted via Mobile Device

WildTurkey 11-25-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9151986)
He is actually Scotty Pioli. He is in denial and thinks he will be making the pick.

Look at his mock draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

I suspected as much

Pasta Little Brioni 11-25-2012 07:03 PM

Let me guess it was Bowe's fault that Chump interfered with him, still got torched, and Quinn rocketeered the ball 20 yards over his head out of bounds. This team has to have the worst downfield passing attack of All-Time.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9151973)
Is that why most mock draft sites have the Chiefs taking Geno Smith at #1? LMAO

I have invested in two writers this year - Brooks and Chavous. Both are/were real scouts. Neither is in love with Smith.

Take CBS sports for example. How much do you think Glennon's stock has gone up there since Bucky Brooks wrote about him at NFL.com?

I have already told you guys where to look for this shit and read between the lines.

I give up. You guys don't listen and you are closed minded. You will only see the glass as half full with geno. even if he drops to the third round.

DeezNutz 11-25-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151998)
even if he drops to the third round.

lol.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:07 PM

Lol at Geno dropping to the third...

News flash...he isn't dropping to the third overall
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9151994)
Let me guess it was Bowe's fault that Chump interfered with him, still got torched, and Quinn rocketeered the ball 20 yards over his head out of bounds. This team has to have the worst downfield passing attack of All-Time.

Watch that play again and you will see Bowe's left arm holding him off for a brief moment. If anything it was offensive pass interference. Even if Champ did interfere Bowe would never EVER get that call. If he was good he could over come that shit.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-25-2012 07:08 PM

Looks like a consensus number one caliber pick to me.

Titty Meat 11-25-2012 07:08 PM

Can we ban this douche rocket already? He hijacks literally every thread.

OnTheWarpath15 11-25-2012 07:08 PM

Bucky Brooks.

LMAO

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9152008)
Lol at Geno dropping to the third...

News flash...he isn't dropping to the third overall
Posted via Mobile Device

I know dumbass and I never thought he would. Like I said earlier, you should have worn your helmet back in the day.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9152011)

Quit crying you ****ing bitch. What are you doing right there **** face?

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:10 PM

There is a reason those guys aren't scouts anymore, I would guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9151981)

Those "real scouts" you are blowing so hard are frightened of the Greatness that shall ensue when the Chiefs are under the sway and magic of Chocolate Penii.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9152017)
Posted via Mobile Device

Does Scott Pioli have an autistic son, who might be old enough to navigate a message board?

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9152013)
I know dumbass and I never thought he would. Like I said earlier, you should have worn your helmet back in the day.

Huh? You typed the words not me.

Read your ****ing post.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9152023)
Does Scott Pioli have an autistic son, who might be old enough to navigate a message board?

Dude I'm almost sure this is Scotty. That's why phobia let him back after miserable user.

PHOBIA HAS A SICK SENSE OF HUMOR.
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9152017)
Posted via Mobile Device

Because they make alot more money writing about it?

Sorter 11-25-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck;9151998[B
]I have invested in two writers this year - Brooks and Chavous. Both are/were real scouts. Neither is in love with Smith. [/B]

Take CBS sports for example. How much do you think Glennon's stock has gone up there since Bucky Brooks wrote about him at NFL.com?

I have already told you guys where to look for this shit and read between the lines.

I give up. You guys don't listen and you are closed minded. You will only see the glass as half full with geno. even if he drops to the third round.

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT CHIEFSPLANET NOW YOU ****ING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, ****ING BASTARD!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...fl-quarterback

AUSTIN, Texas -- Geno Smith is the real deal.

That opinion should certainly not surprise anyone who read the piece I penned last week comparing Smith to USC's Matt Barkley, but it was validated by the way the Heisman Trophy hopeful worked his magic against the Texas Longhorns on Saturday night.

Brooks: Matt Barkley vs. Geno Smith
Which college QB would go first if the 2013 NFL Draft were held now: Matt Barkley or Geno Smith? Bucky Brooks examines. More ...
Smith completed 25 of 35 passes for 268 yards and four touchdowns in leading West Virginia to a 48-45 victory. Those numbers fell short of the ridiculous output he posted in the Mountaineers' win over a Baylor a week ago, but they were indicative of Smith's workmanlike performance against a top-15 team.
Every Monday, NFL.com college football expert Bucky Brooks looks back on the weekend action and evaluates which prospects are rising and which are sliding.

Watching Smith from field level, I was impressed by his diverse all-around game and his ability to make plays from the pocket against a fierce pass rush. He never flinched under duress, and his willingness to stand and deliver with defenders in close proximity spoke volumes about his toughness. In addition, he showed tremendous grit and determination by leading the Mountaineers to victory in a hostile environment.

Now that I've had a day or so to reflect on Smith and his performance Saturday, I've identified three aspects of his game that really stood out to me:

1) Leadership: I have no concerns about Smith's leadership skills after what I saw Saturday. From the time the Mountaineers entered the field for pregame warmups until the conclusion of the game, Smith showed outstanding leadership qualities. He encouraged his teammates at every turn, refusing to hang his head when he turned the ball over on a pair of strip-sacks. Smith was obviously annoyed by the mistakes, but he didn't appear to wallow in self-pity, responding instead with improved play on the subsequent series.

2) Poise: Great quarterbacks are unflappable in moments of stress, and Smith clearly handled himself well. He took a beating at the hands of the Longhorns' defensive line, but his game in the pocket never changed. Smith consistently delivered accurate throws to his intended receivers, despite having rushers in close proximity. He refused to wilt under the pressure of constant harassment, and his courage under fire helped West Virginia make several critical conversions with the game on the line. Smith tossed three lasers to Stedman Bailey on slants for scores, despite having defenders in his face each time he released the ball; on each toss, he stood in and took the shot while making an accurate throw. Most quarterbacks alter their release point or delivery with contact on the horizon, but Smith's ability to fire an accurate strike under duress was a testament to his courage and poise.

3) Accuracy and anticipation: Many assume that a quarterback with a gaudy completion percentage is the product of a system predicated on making easy throws like bubble screens and swings. The Mountaineers certainly incorporate such concepts in their playbook, but I was impressed with Smith's ability to excel on intermediate throws from the pocket. He consistently delivered pinpoint passes to his receivers on short posts, square-outs and seams. I loved his rhythm as a passer and his ability to quickly transition from play-fake to delivery without skipping a beat. This skill will help him acclimate quickly to the pro game; he already understands how to reposition his feet in the pocket to make throws, so adjusting to three-, five- and seven-step drops will not be a problem.

Smith also displayed fine awareness and anticipation while throwing his receivers into open areas. He repeatedly led wideouts away from defenders, and pinpoint placement prevented tips or deflections at the second level. Smith consequently avoided throwing any interceptions against a defense that maintained tight coverage for most of the night. On the season, Smith has thrown 24 touchdown passes to zero interceptions.

Conclusion: Smith just might be the best quarterback in college football after his impressive showing against the Longhorns. He has all of the physical tools you look for at the position, in addition to the intangibles one needs to be great at the next level. The season is far from over, but it's hard to find a hotter prospect in the 2013 draft class than Smith at this point.

**** off you stupid ****ing bastard.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:13 PM

Actually I see a full glass with Geno
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk 11-25-2012 07:13 PM

People say Geno puts too much air under the ball with his deep outs. Does anyone have a clips of him throwing deep with zip on the ball? Also...can he throw across his body on the run a-la Aaron Rodgers?

Sell me...make me a genobator.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9152031)
Because they make alot more money writing about it?

Or because they got FIRED for sucking
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 11-25-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9152032)
TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT CHIEFSPLANET NOW YOU ****ING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, ****ING BASTARD!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...fl-quarterback

AUSTIN, Texas -- Geno Smith is the real deal.

That opinion should certainly not surprise anyone who read the piece I penned last week comparing Smith to USC's Matt Barkley, but it was validated by the way the Heisman Trophy hopeful worked his magic against the Texas Longhorns on Saturday night.

Brooks: Matt Barkley vs. Geno Smith
Which college QB would go first if the 2013 NFL Draft were held now: Matt Barkley or Geno Smith? Bucky Brooks examines. More ...
Smith completed 25 of 35 passes for 268 yards and four touchdowns in leading West Virginia to a 48-45 victory. Those numbers fell short of the ridiculous output he posted in the Mountaineers' win over a Baylor a week ago, but they were indicative of Smith's workmanlike performance against a top-15 team.
Every Monday, NFL.com college football expert Bucky Brooks looks back on the weekend action and evaluates which prospects are rising and which are sliding.

Watching Smith from field level, I was impressed by his diverse all-around game and his ability to make plays from the pocket against a fierce pass rush. He never flinched under duress, and his willingness to stand and deliver with defenders in close proximity spoke volumes about his toughness. In addition, he showed tremendous grit and determination by leading the Mountaineers to victory in a hostile environment.

Now that I've had a day or so to reflect on Smith and his performance Saturday, I've identified three aspects of his game that really stood out to me:

1) Leadership: I have no concerns about Smith's leadership skills after what I saw Saturday. From the time the Mountaineers entered the field for pregame warmups until the conclusion of the game, Smith showed outstanding leadership qualities. He encouraged his teammates at every turn, refusing to hang his head when he turned the ball over on a pair of strip-sacks. Smith was obviously annoyed by the mistakes, but he didn't appear to wallow in self-pity, responding instead with improved play on the subsequent series.

2) Poise: Great quarterbacks are unflappable in moments of stress, and Smith clearly handled himself well. He took a beating at the hands of the Longhorns' defensive line, but his game in the pocket never changed. Smith consistently delivered accurate throws to his intended receivers, despite having rushers in close proximity. He refused to wilt under the pressure of constant harassment, and his courage under fire helped West Virginia make several critical conversions with the game on the line. Smith tossed three lasers to Stedman Bailey on slants for scores, despite having defenders in his face each time he released the ball; on each toss, he stood in and took the shot while making an accurate throw. Most quarterbacks alter their release point or delivery with contact on the horizon, but Smith's ability to fire an accurate strike under duress was a testament to his courage and poise.

3) Accuracy and anticipation: Many assume that a quarterback with a gaudy completion percentage is the product of a system predicated on making easy throws like bubble screens and swings. The Mountaineers certainly incorporate such concepts in their playbook, but I was impressed with Smith's ability to excel on intermediate throws from the pocket. He consistently delivered pinpoint passes to his receivers on short posts, square-outs and seams. I loved his rhythm as a passer and his ability to quickly transition from play-fake to delivery without skipping a beat. This skill will help him acclimate quickly to the pro game; he already understands how to reposition his feet in the pocket to make throws, so adjusting to three-, five- and seven-step drops will not be a problem.

Smith also displayed fine awareness and anticipation while throwing his receivers into open areas. He repeatedly led wideouts away from defenders, and pinpoint placement prevented tips or deflections at the second level. Smith consequently avoided throwing any interceptions against a defense that maintained tight coverage for most of the night. On the season, Smith has thrown 24 touchdown passes to zero interceptions.

Conclusion: Smith just might be the best quarterback in college football after his impressive showing against the Longhorns. He has all of the physical tools you look for at the position, in addition to the intangibles one needs to be great at the next level. The season is far from over, but it's hard to find a hotter prospect in the 2013 draft class than Smith at this point.

LMAO

Someone must not be fully "invested".

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9152024)
Huh? You typed the words not me.

Read your ****ing post.
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL you go back and read it. "EVEN IF...." Did you miss that? That was the worse case scenario I could think of. Even if he broke his leg he would at least go in the third. Do you understand helmet boy? Don't you have a monkey wrench calling your name?

ChiefsCountry 11-25-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9152011)

He is in DraftPlanet, or as much as my mod powers there allow.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:16 PM

Lol at the BUCKY ****ING BROOKS ARTICLE mentioning how good a leader Smith is, how he's the best qb out there. How black ****ing bob is wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9152039)
LMAO

Someone must not be fully "invested".

That was written on October 8th. Just like all the others like that.

Sorter 11-25-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9152048)
Lol at the BUCKY ****ING BROOKS ARTICLE mentioning how good a leader Smith is, how he's the best qb out there. How black ****ing bob is wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

We should put that shit in the OP somewhere.

ROFL I just ended BlackBob.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9152045)
LOL you go back and read it. "EVEN IF...." Did you miss that? That was the worse case scenario I could think of. Even if he broke his leg he would at least go in the third. Do you understand helmet boy? Don't you have a monkey wrench calling your name?

Even if he broke his leg he would go top ten, most likely one overall.

Sam Bradford broke his collarbone TWICE iirc and still went one overall.

New please tell me a leg is more important to a qb than a collarbone
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9152046)

Why the **** am I banned there? You ****ing suck.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-25-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9152035)
People say Geno puts too much air under the ball with his deep outs. Does anyone have a clips of him throwing deep with zip on the ball? Also...can he throw across his body on the run a-la Aaron Rodgers?

Sell me...make me a genobator.

SNR?

Hammock Parties 11-25-2012 07:19 PM

HOW MANY ****AS BROUGHT THEY IRONS TONIGHT

HOW MANY ****AS WANNA RIDE TONIGHT

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nvyo0w.jpg

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9152053)
We should put that shit in the OP somewhere.

ROFL I just ended BlackBob.

LMAO Whatever dumbass. you see what you want and you aren't reading the whole story. We won't take Geno. You heard it here first.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9152051)
That was written on October 8th. Just like all the others like that.

What did he do since then to show he's not a good leader?

How many games has Bucky Brooks been to since then?
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9152046)

**** you man. I am protesting this shit. You should just leave the site if you can't take it you ****ing pussy. You are in so much Chiefs pain that you are in denial.

Sorter 11-25-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9152064)
LMAO Whatever dumbass. you see what you want and you aren't reading the whole story. We won't take Geno. You heard it here first.

Why don't you read the article your precious Bucky Brooks wrote about Geno? Then, kindly **** right on off to the Anti-Freeze alley and have yourself a jolly time. Bitch.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9152068)
**** you man. I am protesting this shit. You should just leave the site if you can't take it you ****ing pussy. You are in so much Chiefs pain that you are in denial.

Send your cia buddies to take care of it
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 11-25-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9152061)
HOW MANY ****AS BROUGHT THEY IRONS TONIGHT

HOW MANY ****AS WANNA RIDE TONIGHT

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nvyo0w.jpg

LMAO. ****s to the yes.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-25-2012 07:24 PM

4 more L's till party time.

OnTheWarpath15 11-25-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9152048)
Posted via Mobile Device

But he's COMPLETELY changed his mind on Smith in the last six weeks.

LMAO

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9152080)

LMAO

Exactly.

I think it's on black knob bobber to link or post Brooks' follow up retraction of that article
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9152070)
Why don't you read the article your precious Bucky Brooks wrote about Geno? Then, kindly **** right on off to the Anti-Freeze alley and have yourself a jolly time. Bitch.

LMAO

Three7s 11-25-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9152084)
Exactly.

I think it's on black knob bobber to link or post Brooks' follow up retraction of that article
Posted via Mobile Device

The only article of Brooks' that I've found with anything SLIGHTLY negative about Smith was the one where he compares college QBs to current NFL QBs. He compared Smith to Campbell. And he didn't actually say anything negative in it. Everything else has been all positive on Smith.

the Talking Can 11-25-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9152032)

so, the only 'scout' that matters - according to the black reerun - wrote an evaluation of Smith that shoves a buick-sized "YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING" up black reerun's ass....

wonderful...i wonder if maybe brooks doesn't have access to black reerun's tape?....

remember everyone, black reerun watches 'tape' and talks to 'scouts'....

the Talking Can 11-25-2012 07:33 PM

we should add a link to that article in the header under the title of:

"Black reerun's favorite scout recommends Geno Smith"

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9152080)

LMAO

No, i never said that. This article from October 29th was the most telling imo. You guys are ****ing idiots. Seriously, I really believe that. Also, times like this really inspire me to stay. It really cements me.

Quote:

N.C. State quarterback Mike Glennon set to climb draft boards

By Bucky Brooks
Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network
Published: Oct. 29, 2012 at 03:05 p.m. Updated: Nov. 1, 2012 at 12:19 p.m

Mike Glennon might be the best quarterback available in the 2013 NFL Draft.

I know that statement will take many by surprise, considering the endless hype and speculation surrounding West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley, but there is a growing sentiment in the NFL scouting community that the N.C. State star could be the crown jewel of this year's quarterback class.

I had heard about Glennon's ascension up draft boards across the league over the past few weeks, but it wasn't until I made a trip to North Carolina to study him in person on Saturday that I could see what all the commotion was about. Glennon's masterful performance in a 43-35 loss to North Carolina made the visit well worth the trouble.

(Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah discuss the top quarterback prospects in the latest NFL Draft Tracker podcast.)

Glennon completed 29 of his 52 passes for 467 yards, throwing five touchdowns and two interceptions. Those numbers might not be impressive at first glance, but when one considers the 10 passes dropped by Wolfpack receivers, it becomes clear that the stat sheet wasn't indicative of Glennon's efficient play from the pocket. Glennon connected on 20 of his first 29 passes and finished the night with five completions of 30-plus yards. Most impressively, he hit 10 different receivers and showed his capacity to make every throw in the book from the pocket.

Charting Glennon's throws, I noticed that while he worked every area of the field, he was particularly effective in the 10- to 15-yard void between the hashes, repeatedly hitting receivers on the move on an assortment of crossing routes and square-ins over the middle. Although the over/under read is a fairly simple one, the fact that Glennon wasn't afraid to throw between linebackers speaks volumes about his anticipation and awareness.

I noticed three additional aspects of Glennon's game that will stand out when NFL scouts pop in the tape:

1. Arm talent. Glennon is one of the most impressive throwers in college football. He has rare arm strength, and his ability to make all of the throws to every area of the field with zip and velocity makes him an ideal fit for most traditional pro-style systems. While watching him work against the Tar Heels, I was blown away by the pace of his balls. Glennon unleashes laser-like tosses on out-breaking routes; he will not have any issues throwing the deep comeback to the far side of the field from the pocket. When given the opportunity to attack down the field on vertical routes, Glennon displayed excellent accuracy and touch. He routinely dropped the ball in over the receiver's proper shoulder, and he rarely forced his receivers to alter their stride. This will certainly catch the attention of scouts and coaches who favor offensive systems built on the vertical passing game; it could be what separates Glennon from the other prospects leading up to the draft.

Mike Glennon makes up for a lack of athleticism with accuracy in the pocket. (David Butler II/US Presswire)

2. Pocket presence. Glennon is not an athletic playmaker, and he can't defeat defenses with his feet. He can, however, punish opponents with his precise passing skills. When given ample time to throw from a clean pocket, Glennon looked like a potential Pro Bowl-caliber player, delivering pinpoint throws to his intended targets and displaying the kind of consistent placement one would expect from an elite signal-caller. His accuracy and ball placement, in fact, ranked as definite bright spots in his overall performance. Though he showed outstanding poise against pressure, he simply lacked the elusiveness to avoid multiple rushers in the pocket, taking five sacks that a better athlete might have avoided. To succeed against blitz-heavy tactics as a pro, he'll need to develop a top-notch feel for deciphering coverage, particularly blitz pressure, and utilize hot reads/sight adjustments to exploit the defense's vulnerabilities. Glennon certainly appears to have the football IQ necessary for grasping and executing that concept after spending four years playing within a pro-style system at N.C. State, but he'll need additional coaching and repetitions to master the nuances of the tactic.

3. Leadership. One of the traits most coveted by scouts and coaches searching for a franchise quarterback is leadership ability. Elite quarterbacks must be able to inspire confidence in their teammates with their poise and performance under pressure. They must also outwork everyone in the building, putting in the time to master the nuances of the offense. Glennon exhibited all of those qualities with his strong performance against the Tar Heels. He rallied the Wolfpack back from an 18-point deficit, making a host of big plays to energize his sideline. Most importantly, he didn't give up on his teammates despite the countless miscues and blunders they made in the passing game. He kept his body language positive and his interactions in the huddle encouraging. Though N.C. State lost, Glennon showed all of the intangible qualities one looks for in a quarterback, likely boosting his value in the minds of evaluators.

Glennon is currently a borderline first-round pick on draft boards across the NFL, but the buzz circulating in the scouting community leads me to believe he'll make a dramatic jump up the charts as the evaluation process continues. At this stage of his development, Glennon reminds me of Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco. I can see a team falling in love with his talent when he works out in front of scouts at all-star games and other pre-draft workouts. With at least four more games to showcase his immense talent and potential, Glennon is definitely a prospect to watch over the next few months.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...b-draft-boards

Titty Meat 11-25-2012 07:35 PM

Glennon sucks

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2012 07:37 PM

Scott wants "Beaker" from the Muppets.

Three7s 11-25-2012 07:38 PM

Glennon?

That's the best you got?

How about you find an article stating that Geno Smith is a piece of shit, then we might actually read it and think otherwise.

We don't give a shit about Glennon.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9152135)
Glennon sucks

Only a complete ****ing reerun would pick Glennon over Smith.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:43 PM

That article was a glimpse into the real deal. That's why every board has changed based on it. I invested in that article. I have specifically been watching the outcome of that article and things have changed. After that article, CBS slowly started moving him up and Kiper and King talked about how shitty this QB class is going to be.

Rain Man 11-25-2012 07:45 PM

I'm starting to get excited about the prospect of having an actual quarterback.

If you check out Mr. Smith's stats, he's been getting better every year, and he was really good to start with. Let's draft this guy.

Code:

Passing
Year        School                Conf            Class        Pos        Cmp        Att        Pct        Yds        Y/A        AY/A        TD        Int        Rate
2009        West Virginia        Big East        FR        QB        32        49        65.3        309        6.3        5.8        1        1        120.9
2010        West Virginia        Big East        SO        QB        241        372        64.8        2763        7.4        7.9        24        7        144.7
2011        West Virginia        Big East        JR        QB        346        526        65.8        4385        8.3        8.9        31        7        152.6
2012        West Virginia        Big 12        SR        QB        305        435        70.1        3361        7.7        8.8        35        5        159.3
Career        West Virginia                                924        1382        66.9 10818 7.8        8.5        91        20        151.4

the Talking Can 11-25-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9152172)
That article was a glimpse into the real deal. That's why every board has changed based on it. I invested in that article. I have specifically been watching the outcome of that article and things have changed.

we're waiting for brooks article that supports these embarrassingly dumb criticisms of smith you claim 'scouts' (plural) made....

we can wait....

and what the **** does "outcome of the article" mean? LMAO

LMAO

what a psychopath

DeezNutz 11-25-2012 07:47 PM

Invested in the article?

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9152148)
Only a complete ****ing reerun would pick Glennon over Smith.

I don't know if I would but, Glennon has definately proven himself to be better when the chips are down. He is definately more clutch and is a better leader. He also has a stronger arm.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9152185)
we're waiting for brooks article that supports these embarrassingly dumb criticisms of smith you claim 'scouts' (plural) made....

we can wait....

LMAO

what a psychopath

What? You will be waiting forever and I never claimed that you dumb ****er.LMAO I give up. You can't fix stupid. Go post a gif of some little girl asshole.

Three7s 11-25-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9152185)

we can wait....

LMAO

what a psychopath

Obviously the outcome of this article will spell the END for Smith! Death by the hands of Pioli!

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9152193)
Obviously the outcome of this article will spell the END for Smith! Death by the hands of Pioli!

Who said that dumbass?

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:50 PM

Smith was never mentioned in that article.
Posted via Mobile Device

Edit. He was mentioned once, not negatively though.

OnTheWarpath15 11-25-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9152172)
That article was a glimpse into the real deal. That's why every board has changed based on it. I invested in that article. I have specifically been watching the outcome of that article and things have changed.

I'd love to see these changed boards.

Smith is universally thought of as the #1 QB and #1 overall pick, while your BFF Bucky Brooks says, and I quote:

Quote:

Glennon is currently a borderline first round pick on draft boards across the NFL...
I'm not an English major, but I fail to see where he says a borderline first round pick is better than Geno Smith.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9152199)
Smith was never mentioned in that article.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, read between the lines and wait for the outcome.

Three7s 11-25-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9152197)
Who said that dumbass?

Ever heard of sarcasm, dumbass?

Then again, with you, I wouldn't be surprised.

I know what you're hinting towards. Oh noes, Brooks saiz Glennon#1, bai bai Smith.

Try harder, idiot. Find an article bashing Smith or GTFO.