ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***** OFFICIAL 2014 KANSAS FOOTBALL THREAD ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279499)

Chiefs Pantalones 09-28-2014 08:08 AM

Kansas head coach was relieved of his duties as the head coach on Sunday morning. The University announced it in an early morning release.

Below is the official release sent out.

Lawrence, Kan. - Charlie Weis has been relieved of his duties as Head Football Coach at the University of Kansas, KU Athletics Director Sheahon Zenger announced Sunday. Weis was in the third year of a five-year contract.

Zenger named KU defensive coordinator Clint Bowen interim head coach.

"I normally do not favor changing coaches mid-season," Zenger said. "But I believe we have talented coaches and players in this program, and I think this decision gives our players the best chance to begin making progress right away.

"I appreciate what Coach Weis did with several facets of our football program," Zenger continued. "But we have not made the on-the-field progress we believe we should. I believe new leadership gives our coaches and players the best chance to make a fresh start."

Zenger informed Weis of his decision Sunday morning, and then spoke to the rest of the coaching staff. "I am grateful for the KU fans, alumni and donors who continue to support our coaches and players."

"As we continue to elevate the national stature of the University of Kansas, our pursuit of excellence extends beyond our research and instructional missions," said KU Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little. "KU alumni, students, fans and supporters expect that Kansas Football will match the other areas in which we excel as a university. After consulting with Dr. Zenger, I am in agreement that it is time for new leadership of our football program."

https://kansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1686441

WilliamTheIrish 09-28-2014 08:09 AM

My brother just texted me. Weiss is fired.

WilliamTheIrish 09-28-2014 08:10 AM

Should have refreshed the thread.

WilliamTheIrish 09-28-2014 08:11 AM

Good call by prison bitch.

Braincase 09-28-2014 08:13 AM

Link

Chiefs Pantalones 09-28-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10954345)

Braincase weeps.

Saulbadguy 09-28-2014 08:16 AM

Decided schematic advantage, Dream Team, super bowl rings - I don't think it will get much better than that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they trot out there next.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-28-2014 08:16 AM

WHAT A GREAT ****ING DAY!

TambaBerry 09-28-2014 08:16 AM

When you're an offensive coach and you can't score you should be fired good job ku.

Saulbadguy 09-28-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10954352)
WHAT A GREAT ****ING DAY!

:deevee:

Chiefs Pantalones 09-28-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 10954351)
Decided schematic advantage, Dream Team, super bowl rings - I don't think it will get much better than that.

There will probably be an ad on Craigslist soon just to give anyone interested a heads up.

WilliamTheIrish 09-28-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 10954351)

"Sirhan Sleeper Cell" Zinger strikes!

kstater 09-28-2014 08:20 AM

This is a terrible move. What message does it send to recruits and potential coaches that giving up so soon in their last two coaches tenures is what the university does.

WilliamTheIrish 09-28-2014 08:21 AM

They relieved him of a job.
He relieved them of about $7million

Saulbadguy 09-28-2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 10954358)
This is a terrible move. What message does it send to recruits and potential coaches that giving up so soon in their last two coaches tenures is what the university does.

Agreed, just needed more time to get the 'ole ship turned around. There was clear improvement!