ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285622)

listopencil 11-21-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 12569737)
Could they have multiple host that look the exact same?

I doubt it. There are much more intriguing questions/issues revolving around this particular host in the three roles we've seen her fill.

1st iteration, fake town with parasol: This establishes her as one of the oldest hosts so she's going to have the same potential as Dolores or Maeve.

2nd iteration, William's liaison into the park: Does she know that she's a host in this situation? She very obviously must have a working knowledge of the park and she gives William a vague answer when he asks her. Bernard had a romantic relationship with Theresa. Dolores is having a romantic relationship with William even though he knows she's a host and she does not. They can maintain complex alternative realities. There would be no reason for this iteration to think she's not a human being. In this iteration she is similar to Arnold, or any other hosts that may be working in the park (if there are any).

3rd iteration, in the park encountered by the MiB: Why is she there? Was she pulled in because she's one of the hosts with a sufficiently advanced enough personality matrix to pull off a major role in a narrative created by Ford? If she 'breaks' and recovers her knowledge of the park she can very possibly be a tremendous help to the MiB.

listopencil 11-21-2016 08:12 PM

The little girl is stuck in my head. She has been interacting with Dolores (and the MiB) in a way that isn't like a normal host. Towards the MiB she did speak in more of an 'in story' way though. With all of this insinuation of Ford playing god, Arnold seems to be the one who is really doing it. Acting as the voice of a god in a bicameral mind. If anything Arnold is God and Ford is Satan.

mr. tegu 11-21-2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12570204)
I doubt it. There are much more intriguing questions/issues revolving around this particular host in the three roles we've seen her fill.

1st iteration, fake town with parasol: This establishes her as one of the oldest hosts so she's going to have the same potential as Dolores or Maeve.

2nd iteration, William's liaison into the park: Does she know that she's a host in this situation? She very obviously must have a working knowledge of the park and she gives William a vague answer when he asks her. Bernard had a romantic relationship with Theresa. Dolores is having a romantic relationship with William even though he knows she's a host and she does not. They can maintain complex alternative realities. There would be no reason for this iteration to think she's not a human being. In this iteration she is similar to Arnold, or any other hosts that may be working in the park (if there are any).

3rd iteration, in the park encountered by the MiB: Why is she there? Was she pulled in because she's one of the hosts with a sufficiently advanced enough personality matrix to pull off a major role in a narrative created by Ford? If she 'breaks' and recovers her knowledge of the park she can very possibly be a tremendous help to the MiB.

I think this blonde host could easily be sent by Ford to encounter the MiB. For whatever reason he chose her but that seems very plausible and doesn't require the alternate timeline. Perhaps it's because Ford is altering host narratives as the MiB advances so it requires him inserting new obstacles in the form of reassigned hosts.

mr. tegu 11-21-2016 10:20 PM

Maev referenced Arnold so she accessed his information from somewhere. Is that hidden in her code and she just now accessed it? Or did she just happen to come across the name in archives or something?

listopencil 11-21-2016 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12570691)
I think this blonde host could easily be sent by Ford to encounter the MiB. For whatever reason he chose her but that seems very plausible and doesn't require the alternate timeline. Perhaps it's because Ford is altering host narratives as the MiB advances so it requires him inserting new obstacles in the form of reassigned hosts.

Darn it, I keep typing 'Arnold' when I mean 'Bernard.' I meant that she filled a role similar to the one that Bernard has been filling. A host impersonating an employee. But, yes, I agree with you. I would say that I don't think there is anything in the show that requires multiple timelines to explain and I'll be disappointed if it gets thrown in as a plot device.

BleedingRed 11-22-2016 10:21 AM

My idea is the Arnold and Benard are one in the same, follow my logic here.

Arnold seems to be an amazing coder as compared to ford. Ford for year programmed the Hosts with "Gates" in their CPU's (brains) to keep Arnold code at bay. Yet the more he programmed them to be life like the more Arnold code has broken out. (at least this is what I think ford thinks)

Benard is Arnold in the sense that his conciseness was downloaded into Benard. And Benard has been subconsciously programming/sending information to his older units 47 (possibly)

This explains why Benard either killed or captured his girl asst. when she found out someone was sending information out of the park. Benard AKA Arnold, knew he could use Thersa as a cover for his real goal of updating these hosts and continuing his work to develop AI.

Ford does not know that Benard has been doing this subconsciously because Benard doesn't know. Ford was telling the truth to Benard when he said hes never made him do something like this before. Because it wasn't him, it was Arnold.

Ford knows something is going on with these older units, yet they are older models made by Arnold so they cannot be tracked. He knows they exist, and are causing problems. So he is developing a narritive to find "Wyatte", and the other "Hosts" that have evolved. (hints why they don't die when shot by other hosts)

Little does he know but Mavee = Wyatte, and her "Army" is the other Host's that Arnold made with updated Code provided by Benard/Arnold so that Ford can not track or control them.

Crazy I know, what do you think?

Beef Supreme 11-22-2016 11:31 AM

My co-worker is convinced Bernard is Arnold. Could be.

bowener 11-22-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 12571384)
My idea is the Arnold and Benard are one in the same, follow my logic here.

Arnold seems to be an amazing coder as compared to ford. Ford for year programmed the Hosts with "Gates" in their CPU's (brains) to keep Arnold code at bay. Yet the more he programmed them to be life like the more Arnold code has broken out. (at least this is what I think ford thinks)

Benard is Arnold in the sense that his conciseness was downloaded into Benard. And Benard has been subconsciously programming/sending information to his older units 47 (possibly)

This explains why Benard either killed or captured his girl asst. when she found out someone was sending information out of the park. Benard AKA Arnold, knew he could use Thersa as a cover for his real goal of updating these hosts and continuing his work to develop AI.

Ford does not know that Benard has been doing this subconsciously because Benard doesn't know. Ford was telling the truth to Benard when he said hes never made him do something like this before. Because it wasn't him, it was Arnold.

Ford knows something is going on with these older units, yet they are older models made by Arnold so they cannot be tracked. He knows they exist, and are causing problems. So he is developing a narritive to find "Wyatte", and the other "Hosts" that have evolved. (hints why they don't die when shot by other hosts)

Little does he know but Mavee = Wyatte, and her "Army" is the other Host's that Arnold made with updated Code provided by Benard/Arnold so that Ford can not track or control them.

Crazy I know, what do you think?

I think Maeve is in the present time, and is one of Arnold's originals possessing unique coding that aids the emergence of sentient thought. I think she is going to wreck the park. I think Dolores is Wyatt in the present (and has been part of a story loop all along... just 30 years ago). The Wyatt story is based on a real event (according to Ford when programming present day Teddy).

Rest of thoughts in spoiler.
Spoiler!

bowener 11-22-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12571555)
My co-worker is convinced Bernard is Arnold. Could be.

I think he may be a mechanical representation of Arnold. However, I have been growing increasingly curious if Arnold is an actual human being. Could Arnold be a computer program or Ford's first creation that became sentient. Maybe Ford put his program into a body to help him with the park. Then Arnold killed himself burning the church down around himself.

Maybe he reprogrammed Arnold into current BernardV2.0, and we just have to wait until Arnold pops back up inside Bernard's mind.

Bowser 11-22-2016 12:59 PM

So another question -

Who were the people stalking up on MiB, Teddy, and Once Hot now Crazy Lady in the desert? Were those escaped hosts from Roman World and (Whatever Else) World? Hosts that have achieved sentience there come to free the hosts still trapped in Westworld? The big guy Teddy and MiB took down, there was a schematic for him on the wall of one of the working cubes earlier in the show....

(I ask because it looks like a Centurion pulling a sword as they close in on the three of them. A little out of place there, no?)

listopencil 11-22-2016 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 12571677)
I think Maeve is in the present time, and is one of Arnold's originals possessing unique coding that aids the emergence of sentient thought. I think she is going to wreck the park. I think Dolores is Wyatt in the present (and has been part of a story loop all along... just 30 years ago). The Wyatt story is based on a real event (according to Ford when programming present day Teddy).

Rest of thoughts in spoiler.
Spoiler!

I like your ideas but I don't think the show has to do multiple time periods to make it make sense. To me the only compelling reason to do multiple time periods is to make someone from the 'present' be the same character as someone from the 'past', like William-> the MiB. I'd rather they develop William into an interesting character on his own. I want to see them integrate everything and I don't think it would be all that hard. Dolores is obviously having flashbacks at the little town. It's the town Ford described in his own 'flashback' narrative. But the scene ended with them standing in front of the same steeple that older Ford looks at.

The fun thing is that there a bunch of scenes that can be interpreted in different ways. So far (and maybe I missed some) the Dolores flashbacks happen after they zoom in on her face and then spin around revealing a changed environment. I think those are events that happened well before she met William, and led up to her interacting with the MiB when he was a young man. I can see the fun though in the idea of William->MiB->Teddy is created to replace white hat William. I like the idea of some of the hosts' loops being built around events that happened in the past when they interacted with previous guests.

listopencil 11-22-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12571703)
So another question -

Who were the people stalking up on MiB, Teddy, and Once Hot now Crazy Lady in the desert? Were those escaped hosts from Roman World and (Whatever Else) World? Hosts that have achieved sentience there come to free the hosts still trapped in Westworld? The big guy Teddy and MiB took down, there was a schematic for him on the wall of one of the working cubes earlier in the show....

(I ask because it looks like a Centurion pulling a sword as they close in on the three of them. A little out of place there, no?)

I thought they were set up to be Wyatt's fighters? I don't remember where I got that idea from though.

Bowser 11-22-2016 01:12 PM

Ford is the original host that has achieved sentience. Maeve is the second one to get there with Dolores and Teddy not far behind.

None of it makes sense. All of it makes sense. Part of what makes this show so great.

KC_Lee 11-22-2016 01:15 PM

What if Arnold and Ford are the same person? Is there anyone around now that was there at the beginning of the park?

Yeah I know there's a picture of Ford and Arnold but what if that's just a fake? What if we have an Ankin Skywalker / Darth Vader thing going on here?

A stretch I know.

Bowser 11-22-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12571726)
What if Arnold and Ford are the same person? Is there anyone around now that was there at the beginning of the park?

Yeah I know there's a picture of Ford and Arnold but what if that's just a fake? What if we have an Ankin Skywalker / Darth Vader thing going on here?

A stretch I know.

Arnold is the creator, Ford is his original, Arnold dies, Ford downloads Arnold's consciousness

This shit is bananas

KC_Lee 11-22-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12571729)
Arnold is the creator, Ford is his original, Arnold dies, Ford downloads Arnold's consciousness

This shit is bananas

Yeah, my wife and I were tossing that idea around last night.

And yes, bananas it is.

listopencil 11-22-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12571724)
Ford is the original host that has achieved sentience. Maeve is the second one to get there with Dolores and Teddy not far behind.

None of it makes sense. All of it makes sense. Part of what makes this show so great.

To throw another wild one out there WestWorld is just a higher tech version of The Island and the hosts are for 'rich assholes' to take over by telepresence. The 'god' part of the bicameral mind is intended to be a paying customer. They tried it in the past and it was too chaotic so they have been working on these loops to limit what tele-customers can do but still keep it fun.

KChiefs1 11-22-2016 05:23 PM

https://youtu.be/LlRplpicbi8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby Lee 11-22-2016 09:45 PM

Is it me, or is the Dominos commercial guy the toady of the two techs working with Maeve?

Sure-Oz 11-23-2016 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12572624)
Is it me, or is the Dominos commercial guy the toady of the two techs working with Maeve?

I think that's him too lol

Baby Lee 11-23-2016 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12572803)
I think that's him too lol

Ask and the internet provides

https://i.redd.it/2vnw0i05f2zx.png

KC_Lee 11-23-2016 08:27 AM

So I noticed something over the past few episodes. It seems that Maeve is always shot / stabbed in the same location every time she "dies". Lower left side of her abdomen is always where she gets fatally injured.

Anyone else notice that or am I off base here? Are her "deaths" part of some loop like her go to neck slash attacks?

Sure-Oz 11-23-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12572815)
Ask and the internet provides

https://i.redd.it/2vnw0i05f2zx.png

Lol yes

listopencil 11-23-2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12572862)
So I noticed something over the past few episodes. It seems that Maeve is always shot / stabbed in the same location every time she "dies". Lower left side of her abdomen is always where she gets fatally injured.

Anyone else notice that or am I off base here? Are her "deaths" part of some loop like her go to neck slash attacks?

I never really thought about it, but doesn't she get choked to death at one point by the safe stealing guy?

Buck 11-23-2016 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12573738)
I never really thought about it, but doesn't she get choked to death at one point by the safe stealing guy?

She does get choked to death, but by a guest. The guy who steals the safe I think stabs her when she asks.

listopencil 11-23-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12573754)
She does get choked to death, but by a guest. The guy who steals the safe I think stabs her when she asks.

Right. I think the scene (where she gets stabbed and the bullet is discovered) ends in a way that implies that they both died in a hail of gunfire.

KC_Lee 11-23-2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12573754)

Yeah, at that seems to be the same location that she always gets shot. Even the MIB shot her there in his flashback.

Just seems odd to me. Of course I could just be reading waaaaaay to much into this.

bowener 11-23-2016 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12571703)
So another question -

Yes! This would be fun.

KChiefs1 11-24-2016 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeLV (Post 12569066)
In episode 7, William says, that Westworld "reveals your deepest self".

Episode 8, MiB says, that Westworld "reveals your true self".

William is MiB.
They have the same knife.

KChiefs1 11-24-2016 07:20 PM

https://youtu.be/U1fJ63DdBsc

Buck 11-24-2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12574461)
William is MiB.
They have the same knife.

I still think it's a red herring

listopencil 11-25-2016 01:29 AM

Go look at the episode 9 preview. Watch for the part where it looks like a naked Bernard has just gotten up off a gurney. To his right that appears to be the host-making machine and it looks empty. I was watching a YouTube video recap/prediction video and they had it as a still, or I wouldn't have noticed.

KChiefs1 11-25-2016 02:40 PM

https://youtu.be/UU8ty6ITKJQ

KChiefs1 11-25-2016 03:01 PM

https://youtu.be/oFMnEMgsP9k

listopencil 11-25-2016 04:09 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zSscp-s3dz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1 11-26-2016 03:39 PM

https://youtube.com/embed/YjIBphZ4MBM

Sorter 11-26-2016 07:14 PM

http://upandcomers.net/wp-content/up...na-679x350.jpg

=

http://oohlo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Felix.jpg

KChiefs1 11-27-2016 03:33 PM

https://youtu.be/OpRS7uUVC-4

hometeam 11-27-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12577048)
https://youtu.be/OpRS7uUVC-4

You know you can embed all this shit

BWillie 11-27-2016 10:33 PM

Bernard is who we expected but I didn't expect who actually killed him

Third Eye 11-27-2016 11:35 PM

Here's what blows my mind:

Spoiler!

BWillie 11-28-2016 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 12582221)
Here's what blows my mind:

Spoiler!

I started watching at 9pm after Westworld got over. Recorded Donk vs Cheefs and got to live by the end of 3rd qtr

Third Eye 11-28-2016 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12582628)
I started watching at 9pm after Westworld got over. Recorded Donk vs Cheefs and got to live by the end of 3rd qtr

Mostly joking anyway. Just too ****ing excited.

KChiefs1 11-28-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12577160)
You know you can embed all this shit

From my phone? How?

https://youtu.be/Nf7YQ66M11M

listopencil 11-28-2016 02:45 PM

Ugh. Well the multiple time periods (they aren't timelines) is confirmed, which I didn't want to happen. But I'm rolling with it and the episode was fantastic. I'm now leaning towards: Arnold instigated the massacre by creating the original 'reverie' code in hosts with artificial bicameral minds. When they would start going nuts they'd go to the church and enter the confessional, transport down to therapy rooms, and be counseled by Arnold. He knew that there was a problem with this situation but kept it going because he came to believe that the hosts were sentient. Ford warned him against this and pointed out how dangerous it would be.

At some point this backfired on Arnold and Dolores killed him. My guess is that she snaps and starts killing people, that she is 'Wyatt.' Perhaps she went through the same arc that Maeve has gone through and started viewing humans as the enemy. I'm thinking that she found out the real nature of the park from Arnold and killed him, or that Arnold did something to provoke her into it, or that Ford did something to provoke her into it by setting up a storyline where Dolores would kill Arnold unless he rolled her back to a more controllable state. In that last scenario Arnold refuses and Ford considers it a suicide.

listopencil 11-28-2016 02:48 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gWJ24IqXWWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BWillie 11-28-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12584398)
Ugh. Well the multiple time periods (they aren't timelines) is confirmed, which I didn't want to happen. But I'm rolling with it and the episode was fantastic. I'm now leaning towards: Arnold instigated the massacre by creating the original 'reverie' code in hosts with artificial bicameral minds. When they would start going nuts they'd go to the church and enter the confessional, transport down to therapy rooms, and be counseled by Arnold. He knew that there was a problem with this situation but kept it going because he came to believe that the hosts were sentient. Ford warned him against this and pointed out how dangerous it would be.

At some point this backfired on Arnold and Dolores killed him. My guess is that she snaps and starts killing people, that she is 'Wyatt.' Perhaps she went through the same arc that Maeve has gone through and started viewing humans as the enemy. I'm thinking that she found out the real nature of the park from Arnold and killed him, or that Arnold did something to provoke her into it, or that Ford did something to provoke her into it by setting up a storyline where Dolores would kill Arnold unless he rolled her back to a more controllable state. In that last scenario Arnold refuses and Ford considers it a suicide.

Most likely scenario IMO. Ford programmed/had Delores kill Arnold.

Beef Supreme 11-28-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12584398)

I got the impression that Teddy is Wyatt from this episode. He remembers killing the town. He is wearing a sheriff's badge, and wouldn't that be just like a theme park named Westworld to have a sheriff named Wyatt.

Discuss Thrower 11-28-2016 10:31 PM

The whole introduction to Wyatt was so Keyser Sozesque it almost *has* to be Teddy.

Beef Supreme 11-28-2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12584409)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gWJ24IqXWWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This dude is making assumptions all over the place that I don't agree with at all.

listopencil 11-29-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12585128)
I got the impression that Teddy is Wyatt from this episode. He remembers killing the town. He is wearing a sheriff's badge, and wouldn't that be just like a theme park named Westworld to have a sheriff named Wyatt.

I mean that I think Dolores snapping and going on a killing spree is the inspiration for the Wyatt myth that Ford implanted in Teddy. I'm not even sure if Teddy was actually there when it happened. It would be fun either way though. Only one more episode left and then nothing for a year or so? Kinda sucks.

listopencil 11-29-2016 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12585183)
This dude is making assumptions all over the place that I don't agree with at all.

Yeah, he jumped in late. I've seen him review other shows and I think he only did videos on the last few episodes because it became popular. But his videos are usually decent quality and he'll throw weird stuff out that I didn't think of.

TinyEvel 11-29-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12572624)

Yeah his name is Ptolme Slocum. I've cast him in an Emerald Nuts Breakfast on The Go commercial and a Trulia commercial. He's great. He was also the pedo school bus driver in Preacher on AMC

Beef Supreme 11-29-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12585254)
I mean that I think Dolores snapping and going on a killing spree is the inspiration for the Wyatt myth that Ford implanted in Teddy. I'm not even sure if Teddy was actually there when it happened. It would be fun either way though. Only one more episode left and then nothing for a year or so? Kinda sucks.

I'm not sure if Delores goes on a killing spree. We know she killed Arnold, and I think is probably the one Teddy is talking about when he says something to the effect of "he went away for a while, and came back with some strange ideas." Which refers to her meetings with Arnold. So in that sense, she is kind of Wyatt. But I think the bulk of the story Teddy remembers about Wyatt is stuff he actually has done himself.

But did Delores really, physically kill Arnold, or is her becoming sentient just the reason he was killed? Did Ford find out about Delores and Arnold's meetings, and then take over Teddy like "the devil" and have him go on a killing spree that took out Arnold in the process? Maybe something to that effect.

KChiefs1 11-29-2016 10:04 AM

https://youtu.be/IQwhuMGxOKk

listopencil 11-29-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12585377)
I'm not sure if Delores goes on a killing spree. We know she killed Arnold, and I think is probably the one Teddy is talking about when he says something to the effect of "he went away for a while, and came back with some strange ideas." Which refers to her meetings with Arnold. So in that sense, she is kind of Wyatt. But I think the bulk of the story Teddy remembers about Wyatt is stuff he actually has done himself.

But did Delores really, physically kill Arnold, or is her becoming sentient just the reason he was killed? Did Ford find out about Delores and Arnold's meetings, and then take over Teddy like "the devil" and have him go on a killing spree that took out Arnold in the process? Maybe something to that effect.

I'm thinking that Ford knew about Arnold's meetings with Dolores, that they were working together towards making Westworld seems as real as possible; Ford using storylines and Arnold concentrating on the hosts themselves. I'm completely suspicious of Teddy's involvement since Ford installed the Wyatt story in him.

Beef Supreme 11-29-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12585559)
I'm thinking that Ford knew about Arnold's meetings with Dolores, that they were working together towards making Westworld seems as real as possible; Ford using storylines and Arnold concentrating on the hosts themselves. I'm completely suspicious of Teddy's involvement since Ford installed the Wyatt story in him.

Ford installed a Wyatt story, not the Wyatt story. When the whore that used to be the door greeter talks to Teddy, he starts to remember what really happened, and he is no longer wearing a military outfit, but a sheriff's outfit and he isn't killing soldiers, he is killing townspeople.

BWillie 11-29-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 12585361)
Yeah his name is Ptolme Slocum. I've cast him in an Emerald Nuts Breakfast on The Go commercial and a Trulia commercial. He's great. He was also the pedo school bus driver in Preacher on AMC

Says he's from Kenya on IMDB?

listopencil 11-29-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12585601)
Ford installed a Wyatt story, not the Wyatt story. When the whore that used to be the door greeter talks to Teddy, he starts to remember what really happened, and he is no longer wearing a military outfit, but a sheriff's outfit and he isn't killing soldiers, he is killing townspeople.

Yep, you're right, I'd forgotten about the switch from soldier to sheriff. But I thought they were killing townspeople as well in his flashbacks before then? I might be confusing Dolores flashbacks with Teddy flashbacks.

listopencil 11-29-2016 02:40 PM

I have a feeling that I'll be binge watching the entire series after the finale.

Beef Supreme 11-29-2016 02:42 PM

Yeah, my co-worker has already been doing a re-watch. I'm waiting until after next week to re-watch.

listopencil 11-29-2016 02:50 PM

And I still think the multiple time periods was a cheap storytelling idea but I have to admit that they are handling it well. It does blend well with how the hosts' memories work, and the effects of loops on their characters. It has also opened up an interesting way to tell the story without tons of exposition. I tend to dislike shows that explain everything, and I tend to like shows that force you to come to your own conclusions.

Beef Supreme 11-29-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12585981)
Yep, you're right, I'd forgotten about the switch from soldier to sheriff. But I thought they were killing townspeople as well in his flashbacks before then? I might be confusing Dolores flashbacks with Teddy flashbacks.

I'm pretty sure in the earlier flashbacks, Teddy was wearing a blue soldier outfit and killing guys in blue soldier outfits — so killing his own people. Later he is a sheriff killing the townspeople. Killing his own people.

The memories Ford implanted for his new story arc have all seemed to parallel actual events, but obviously he changed some stuff. And my guess is he invented Wyatt as a separate entity that has some parallel to things both Delores and Teddy actually did. Delores with her "strange ideas" and Teddy with his killing spree.

Now what actually caused Teddy to go on the killing spree is an even bigger leap at this point, but saying he felt "possessed by the devil" sure sounds like Ford made him do it, just like he had Bernard kill a couple of people.

Discuss Thrower 11-29-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12586062)
And I still think the multiple time periods was a cheap storytelling idea but I have to admit that they are handling it well. It does blend well with how the hosts' memories work, and the effects of loops on their characters. It has also opened up an interesting way to tell the story without tons of exposition. I tend to dislike shows that explain everything, and I tend to like shows that force you to come to your own conclusions.

Also they apparently want us to see the show as Hosts see Westworld. Notice we didn't see the door Ford popped out of when Arnold came to the cottage the first time.

Seeing two timelines play before us without knowing exactly the order in which they truly occurred is a feature, not a bug.

KC_Lee 11-29-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12586120)
I'm pretty sure in the earlier flashbacks, Teddy was wearing a blue soldier outfit and killing guys in blue soldier outfits — so killing his own people. Later he is a sheriff killing the townspeople. Killing his own people.

The memories Ford implanted for his new story arc have all seemed to parallel actual events, but obviously he changed some stuff. And my guess is he invented Wyatt as a separate entity that has some parallel to things both Delores and Teddy actually did. Delores with her "strange ideas" and Teddy with his killing spree.

Now what actually caused Teddy to go on the killing spree is an even bigger leap at this point, but saying he felt "possessed by the devil" sure sounds like Ford made him do it, just like he had Bernard kill a couple of people.

What if we have a "God vs. Satan" thing going on; Ford being the Devil and Arnold being God. One seeks to control / destroy the other to free and bring life.

The hosts hearing voices has been mentioned a few times, with Arnold being the voice. What if Ford is also a voice countering Arnold?

Beef Supreme 11-29-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12586172)
What if we have a "God vs. Satan" thing going on; Ford being the Devil and Arnold being God. One seeks to control / destroy the other to free and bring life.

The hosts hearing voices has been mentioned a few times, with Arnold being the voice. What if Ford is also a voice countering Arnold?

I'm totally on board with that. I'm sure at some level this is part of the story, whether or not they are ever going to be overt about it.

The crazy part is, in the context of the story, we're all pretty much rooting for the robots because most of the humans are horrible people. If this were happening in real life, I would still think they were horrible people, but my suggestion would be to burn the place to the ground.

BWillie 11-29-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

I think that's exactly whats happening.

listopencil 11-29-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah. That's the impression that I get as well:

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12570255)
With all of this insinuation of Ford playing god, Arnold seems to be the one who is really doing it. Acting as the voice of a god in a bicameral mind. If anything Arnold is God and Ford is Satan.

listopencil 11-29-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12586120)

Hmmm. How about a shoot out between Dolores (controlled by Arnold) and Teddy (controlled by Ford)? With the townspeople being a combination of innocent bystander hosts, and hosts who have gone insane from the voices.

KChiefs1 11-30-2016 11:29 AM

Is Ford a host?

https://youtu.be/Q_gbgKTnFXc

Bowser 11-30-2016 11:54 AM

And just a random observation -

The maze is a cutaway view of a human brain.

http://i.imgur.com/0rgC6.gif?noredirect

Beef Supreme 11-30-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12587555)

I think that has been part of several theories.

http://i.imgur.com/KZ5DjUy.jpg

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpre...=780&strip=all

Still not sure where they are going with it. Is the maze just the path to becoming a self aware living being, or is there more to it? Is there still a physical maze somewhere that leads to some knowledge, or some location?

I dunno.

Beef Supreme 11-30-2016 12:12 PM

Also, easiest maze ever. If this was on the placemat at Denny's, even the kids would be disappointed at how simple it was to get from the outside to the guy in the middle.

Bowser 11-30-2016 12:21 PM

I had never put the two together before. I guess my post was kind of like Leslie Nielsen coming into the cockpit of the plane after they had landed and saying "Just wanted to tell you both good luck, we're counting on you".

Beef Supreme 11-30-2016 12:22 PM

It's ok, I speak jive.

KC_Lee 11-30-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12587641)
It's ok, I speak jive.

Just be cool blood, nurse lady gonna catch you on the med side.

TinyEvel 11-30-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 12585361)

Damn, we even had him in a glass box. I've been plagairized!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyP...&v=XRpw-PpNK8w

KChiefs1 11-30-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12587613)
Also, easiest maze ever. If this was on the placemat at Denny's, even the kids would be disappointed at how simple it was to get from the outside to the guy in the middle.

https://youtu.be/m_qxwvOMzCc

BWillie 11-30-2016 05:12 PM

The maze is a symbol, it's not a tangible thing or a real map to anywhere specific. It's a way the hosts can seek enlightenment and true consciousness, I think.

listopencil 11-30-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12587555)

This is kind of long and the visuals are goofy. But here's a brain guy talking about why the maze looks so much like a brain:

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12574883)
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zSscp-s3dz4" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>