ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Anyone here doing the E-Cig / Vape thing? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278665)

SLAG 03-31-2014 10:36 PM

FTR - I have never had to steep any of the Juices I order from BombVapor.

http://www.bombvapor.com

you can use the coupon code: Vaper20 for 20% off

The Mountain Myst is my all day vape

gosampel 03-31-2014 10:42 PM

weed though a pipe no more need, enjoy

eDave 03-31-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10521971)
The key I found is not looking for a flavor that tastes like your cigarette. It doesn't exist. I went with fruit and sweet flavors and found that it is best to hit your e cig BEFORE cravings come. Keep your cravings at bay and you won't find yourself in a situation where you feel the ecig isn't providing you what you need. Plus it takes longer for the nicotine to take effect from an ecig; with all the toxins and carcinogens in cigarettes the nicotine gets worked into your blood stream quicker. Keep your nic levels high with the ecig to ween you off the cigs until you are more dependent on it.

Nothing beats the day you wake up looking for your ecig instead of your pack. Best of luck.

Thanks dude. That was very informative for me.

NWTF 03-31-2014 11:12 PM

Listo, hows your SVD working for you and what clearomizer are you using with it?

I give you an update on the aspire.

After a week of using the nautilus tank I have to confirm its the best tank Ive used. Its not without any hiccups though. Ive had a few instances where the flavor seemed muted/dull for a few hits but it returned to normal. An occasional weak hit is common with every atomizer ive have. Nothing major, I guess your just not going to get a perfect vape 100% of the time. Im still on the original 1.6 ohm coil that came installed with it. It comes with an extra 1.8 coil.

I dunno, when I rotated my other tanks in with the nautilus this past week I found I really didnt care for them any more and they pretty much are spares/testers, or maybe I will just clean them up and give them to my girlfriend to use. I went and bought another nautilus yesterday so I can have another juice ready to go without having to empty and clean my primary tank. I just dont have any issues (leaking/gurgling/burnt taste) with the tank only the few instances of weak flavor. The adjustable airflow control works to give you as much control over your vaping experience as you can get.

I haven't tried the Kanger aerotank, it might be a less expensive alternative but my experience with Kanger tanks is just ok, nothing special which I why I skipped over their version of the adjustable airflow.
I still haven't tried the iclear 30b or the X.I

listopencil 03-31-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10522544)
Only one I have tried out of that group is watermelon. It's one of my girlfriends favorites. It's like a jolly rancher.

I am curious about the cherry lemonade. Let me know what you think.

I tried it. Man...it's really good. Tastes like pink lemonade. That's right out of the package delivered earlier today, made on 03/27/14.

listopencil 04-01-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10531691)
Listo, hows your SVD working for you and what clearomizer are you using with it?

I give you an update on the aspire.

After a week of using the nautilus tank I have to confirm its the best tank Ive used. Its not without any hiccups though. Ive had a few instances where the flavor seemed muted/dull for a few hits but it returned to normal. An occasional weak hit is common with every atomizer ive have. Nothing major, I guess your just not going to get a perfect vape 100% of the time. Im still on the original 1.6 ohm coil that came installed with it. It comes with an extra 1.8 coil.

I dunno, when I rotated my other tanks in with the nautilus this past week I found I really didnt care for them any more and they pretty much are spares/testers, or maybe I will just clean them up and give them to my girlfriend to use. I went and bought another nautilus yesterday so I can have another juice ready to go without having to empty and clean my primary tank. I just dont have any issues (leaking/gurgling/burnt taste) with the tank only the few instances of weak flavor. The adjustable airflow control works to give you as much control over your vaping experience as you can get.

I haven't tried the Kanger aerotank, it might be a less expensive alternative but my experience with Kanger tanks is just ok, nothing special which I why I skipped over their version of the adjustable airflow.
I still haven't tried the iclear 30b or the X.I

My SVD is functioning perfectly. The controls are simple and intuitive. I stay in wattage mode and I can get whatever vape I want, milder for the delicate flavors all the way to blowing out the heavy stuff. I use it mostly at home relaxing. I also carry it around town. Very nice life on the battery, and the batteries charge in about 2.5 hours. It doesn't feel like smoking a cigarette. It feels like a pipe because of the size. It also has some nice heft to it. You really notice that you are carrying something around with you. That can be annoying for someone who is used to cigs but I don't drop it or worry about crunching it in my pocket.

I am still using the old iClear 30. It's not a great clearomizer. The beauty ring on the SVD has two small holes holes drilled into it on opposite ends but I am not getting the airflow I like with it. I feel better draw on my iTaste VV 3.0 with an iClear 16. In fact I put the 16 on my SVD and got better draw then the 30 so I am pretty sure when I upgrade my clearomoizer I will be set. I am leaning heavily in favor of the Nautilus for my SVD. I am thinking that the right clearomizer is going to do me up right with this thing.

I am still alternating the SVD and the VV. I tend to take a VV with me when I go out of town because the size is so convenient and it really feels like a cig. The bad thing is that the batteries are built in, when they go your VV is dead. It's not like they are outrageously priced but with the SVD you just get more batteries. That's the big deal for me. There is a great battery store in the next town over from me and I see deals online all of the time. I want a cheap and convenient smoking replacement and the SVD is going to do it for me.

listopencil 04-01-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10531716)
I tried it. Man...it's really good. Tastes like pink lemonade. That's right out of the package delivered earlier today, made on 03/27/14.

Oh, because I forgot, I bought all of these flavors in zero nic. I also got a bottle of their flavorless 32mg nic fluid ("Clear") for when I want to add a couple of drops to a tank. Cherry lemonade tastes great both ways.

listopencil 04-01-2014 01:45 AM

Ok. I couldn't resist. I tried the Jamocha Haze. I just gotta say...oh my ****ing god this shit is good.

mdchiefsfan 04-01-2014 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 10531654)
Thanks dude. That was very informative for me.

Glad I could help :thumb:

mdchiefsfan 04-01-2014 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10531716)

Sold.

mdchiefsfan 04-01-2014 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10531731)
My SVD is functioning perfectly. The controls are simple and intuitive. I stay in wattage mode and I can get whatever vape I want, milder for the delicate flavors all the way to blowing out the heavy stuff. I use it mostly at home relaxing. I also carry it around town. Very nice life on the battery, and the batteries charge in about 2.5 hours. It doesn't feel like smoking a cigarette. It feels like a pipe because of the size. It also has some nice heft to it. You really notice that you are carrying something around with you. That can be annoying for someone who is used to cigs but I don't drop it or worry about crunching it in my pocket.

I am still using the old iClear 30. It's not a great clearomizer. The beauty ring on the SVD has two small holes holes drilled into it on opposite ends but I am not getting the airflow I like with it. I feel better draw on my iTaste VV 3.0 with an iClear 16. In fact I put the 16 on my SVD and got better draw then the 30 so I am pretty sure when I upgrade my clearomoizer I will be set. I am leaning heavily in favor of the Nautilus for my SVD. I am thinking that the right clearomizer is going to do me up right with this thing.

I am still alternating the SVD and the VV. I tend to take a VV with me when I go out of town because the size is so convenient and it really feels like a cig. The bad thing is that the batteries are built in, when they go your VV is dead. It's not like they are outrageously priced but with the SVD you just get more batteries. That's the big deal for me. There is a great battery store in the next town over from me and I see deals online all of the time. I want a cheap and convenient smoking replacement and the SVD is going to do it for me.

I would highly recommend a protank II over the iclear. It's bottom fed and I never have issues with it. Replacement coils can be found cheap for it as well. I'm on mobile so I can't provide the link, but google protank vs iclear and look what they are saying about the comparison on ecig forums.

Buck 04-01-2014 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10531756)
Ok. I couldn't resist. I tried the Jamocha Haze. I just gotta say...oh my ****ing god this shit is good.

Welcome to the dark side. You'll have 20+ flavors before you know it.

Whoarethechefs 04-01-2014 09:41 AM

New Tank

1 Attachment(s)
I just upgraded from a Kanger Pro Tank II to an Aspire Nautilus with a custom stainless steel replacement tank.
So far I'm very happy, it's a cloud maker, and its indestructible =)

listopencil 04-01-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10531769)
I would highly recommend a protank II over the iclear. It's bottom fed and I never have issues with it. Replacement coils can be found cheap for it as well. I'm on mobile so I can't provide the link, but google protank vs iclear and look what they are saying about the comparison on ecig forums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoarethechefs (Post 10532048)
I just upgraded from a Kanger Pro Tank II to an Aspire Nautilus with a custom stainless steel replacement tank.

I think I am going with the Nautilus.

listopencil 04-01-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10531802)
Welcome to the dark side. You'll have 20+ flavors before you know it.

Oh shit. Cups O' Peanut Butter. It moved.

LTL 04-01-2014 12:57 PM

Has anybody tried the suicide bunny line? I tried some at the shop I go to, that stuff was the smoothest juice I've ever come across. It's a high end juice and for 22 bucks a bottle it better be. The ecig forums had alot of good things to say about it and from what I read most thought the price tag was worth it.

Buck 04-01-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Do you rebuild the coils in that thing or do they come prebuilt?

listopencil 04-01-2014 01:34 PM

No, but I just mixed the peanut butter with the mocha and threw in a touch of nic. I am wracked with power like an insane god.

Whoarethechefs 04-01-2014 01:51 PM

I have not jumped into the rebuilding coils thing yet,....yet =)
The replacement heads for the Aspire only cost $15.00 for a five pack and each one lasts at least a week.

listopencil 04-01-2014 03:16 PM

I just tried Honey Flue Cured. Wow. Tastes just like a fresh smoke on every vape. I ended up not being very brand loyal when smoking, I'd just grab whatever was on sale and mostly go with Marlboro or Camel, so your mileage may very. But this is a decent cig emulating flavor.

mdchiefsfan 04-01-2014 05:08 PM

Glad to hear your order went well. :thumb:

listopencil 04-01-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10532929)
Glad to hear your order went well. :thumb:

Thanks again for linking Mister E Liquid. The flavors are great and the prices are reasonable.

NWTF 04-01-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10532508)
Do you rebuild the coils in that thing or do they come prebuilt?

Prebuilt is good for me so far, but it can be done

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VAmIJIUeEUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NWTF 04-01-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10531731)

nice review. I think the SVD is what im looking for. Once you get a better clearomizer I think you wont have any problems with the draw.

NWTF 04-01-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

:thumb: nice

listopencil 04-01-2014 10:22 PM

That looks like an e-cig in his hand:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jzf1dJyLesI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NWTF 04-01-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10532183)
I think I am going with the Nautilus.

This is the cheapest Ive seen it. Unfortunately for me this was after i already paid $35 for it. Never bought from these guys but they're based out of Littleton Co and have good prices on a lot of stuff so Ill probably give them a try on something down the road.

http://www.worldofvape.com/aspire-nautilus/

listopencil 04-01-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10533513)
This is the cheapest Ive seen it. Unfortunately for me this was after i already paid $35 for it. Never bought from these guys but they're based out of Littleton Co and have good prices on a lot of stuff so Ill probably give them a try on something down the road.

http://www.worldofvape.com/aspire-nautilus/

Sweet, thank you, that's the best price that I have seen as well. I ordered a Nautilus and a pack of five coils.

listopencil 04-01-2014 11:26 PM

Why do I have the feeling that I'll end up with a stainless steel tank replacement because they look cool and durable...

NWTF 04-01-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10533529)
Sweet, thank you, that's the best price that I have seen as well. I ordered a Nautilus and a pack of five coils.

No problem. I hope yours works as good as mine does. Youll love it. I think when my original stock coil dies Im going to try to rebuild it like the guy in the youtube video did. Ive never rebuilt one before but I think I can duplicate what he did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10533532)
Why do I have the feeling that I'll end up with a stainless steel tank replacement because they look cool and durable...

They are cool. I like the one Whoarethechefs posted today, it matches his mod perfectly. I actually really like the original glass tank and am just going to stick with that on the second one I bought. If I didnt work outside always on the go I probably would have never checked into the stainless steel tank, but now I have no worries taking it to work.

mdchiefsfan 04-02-2014 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10533529)

So did I, you sons of bitches! :D

listopencil 04-03-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10533632)
So did I, you sons of bitches! :D

They must be busy. I ordered mine on the 1st and it just now shipped on the 3rd. Ah well. Looks like Monday (7th) is the quickest it could possibly get here.

mdchiefsfan 04-03-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10537445)
They must be busy. I ordered mine on the 1st and it just now shipped on the 3rd. Ah well. Looks like Monday (7th) is the quickest it could possibly get here.

Mine just shipped today too. I have not one clue what flavor I am putting in it though.

sd4chiefs 04-03-2014 02:04 PM

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but...

E-Cigarette Poisoning on the Rise, CDC Says

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...rise-cdc-says/

listopencil 04-03-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10537447)
Mine just shipped today too. I have not one clue what flavor I am putting in it though.

I have a bunch from Mister E Liquid. They are all good. I'll probably continue buying theirs. I am trying not to go nuts and buy one of everything they have.

mdchiefsfan 04-03-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10537458)
I have a bunch from Mister E Liquid. They are all good. I'll probably continue buying theirs. I am trying not to go nuts and buy one of everything they have.

Banana dream is another great one if you like bananas. I am contemplating buying a bottle for this tank, but I don't know. It's a tough decision.

listopencil 04-03-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 10537454)

That isn't really E-Cigarette poisoning. That's nicotine poisoning. The liquid makes it available in a very concentrated form. Looks like some people aren't keeping their liquids safe and their children are getting access to it. So, when that happens, they are calling poison control to find out what to do.

mdchiefsfan 04-03-2014 02:11 PM

I currently have blue voodoo, absolute apple, straight grape, and dime piece. Then I have some flavors from a local shop.

listopencil 04-03-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10537467)
Banana dream is another great one if you like bananas. I am contemplating buying a bottle for this tank, but I don't know. It's a tough decision.

I was looking at that. I guess banana and cinnamon are notorious for breaking plastic tanks. I did use a banana flavor before in my plastic tank, that might be why I had an iClear 16 deform on me. That banana was incredible flavor though.

listopencil 04-03-2014 02:15 PM

Argh. The giant bottle of banana would be about $45. If it's as good as Myztic it would be worth it though.

listopencil 04-03-2014 02:16 PM

I do have a bottle of Berry-a-peelin'. It's strawberry/banana and it's very good.

mdchiefsfan 04-03-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10537481)
I was looking at that. I guess banana and cinnamon are notorious for breaking plastic tanks. I did use a banana flavor before in my plastic tank, that might be why I had an iClear 16 deform on me. That banana was incredible flavor though.

That's why I use the protanks they're made of Pyrex, but so is the nautilus. :D

mdchiefsfan 04-03-2014 02:22 PM

Btw banana dream is more like banana pudding than banana. They add a bit of a cream flavor to it, and it is amazing.

listopencil 04-03-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10537499)
That's why I use the protanks they're made of Pyrex, but so is the nautilus. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10537505)
Btw banana dream is more like banana pudding than banana. They add a bit of a cream flavor to it, and it is amazing.

Crap. I'm trying not to throw another $50 at Mister E's so soon, lol.

mdchiefsfan 04-03-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10537510)
Crap. I'm trying not to throw another $50 at Mister E's so soon, lol.

I just placed my order. Couldn't resist. I want a great flavor to go with what seems to be a great tank.

Buck 04-03-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 10537454)

From the Article

"If the liquid is released from the cylinder that holds it, the result can be acute nicotine toxicity from direct skin or eye exposure, ingestion, or inhalation."

I dont think it's possible to inhale in-heated nicotine unless you got it down your mouth and then inhaled. Anyways. As long as you're paying attention and not using bad equipment this won't be an issue.

This is akin to someone not being safe with a sharp blade and ending up in the hospital.

dmahurin 04-03-2014 03:18 PM

http://mnvapers.com/2014/04/epa-fda-...less-children/

listopencil 04-03-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 10537635)

Wow. I would say I don't know if vaporizing it with heat (via the atomizers used for vaping) produces the same results, that's really the only negative I can think of. Great read though. Thanks for the link.

listopencil 04-05-2014 09:46 AM

For anyone who is a smoker right now and wants to try out vaping, here is a nice little starter kit for $56.81:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin_.../ink-vv3-k.htm

You get an iTaste VV 3.0, five of the iClear 16 clearomizers, a USB charging cable and a wall outlet plug in adapter for your charging cable. You can start carrying it with you and use it in situations where smoking is impractical, inappropriate or illegal. This is the hardware. You will still need to buy the e-liquid.

mdchiefsfan 04-05-2014 10:50 AM

I should be getting my nautilus today. :rockon:

listopencil 04-05-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10540860)

I'm doubtful about my delivery. My local Post Office is notoriously slow. I tracked mine as leaving a sorting center at 01:43 AM this morning. I live within 150 miles of that center so I'm hoping for the best.

listopencil 04-05-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10540860)

Did you get yours? Nothing here yet.

Buck 04-05-2014 05:48 PM

Went to a medical dispensary today and they have tanks that fit on my ecig.

Prefilled and refillable.

http://tokesignals.com/dank-tanks-co...your-vape-pen/

mdchiefsfan 04-05-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10541984)
Did you get yours? Nothing here yet.

Yup, but now I'm waiting for my banana dream to get here :cuss:

listopencil 04-05-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10541988)
Yup, but now I'm waiting for my banana dream to get here :cuss:

Hah. I'm working on a tank of banana/strawberry right now. No Nautilus for me 'til Monday though.

mdchiefsfan 04-05-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10542001)
Hah. I'm working on a tank of banana/strawberry right now. No Nautilus for me 'til Monday though.

I'm so tempted to put something else in it to try it. I guess I could clean it out when my next flavor gets here....

mdchiefsfan 04-05-2014 06:33 PM

So I said **** it, and let me tell you, this tank is amazing compared to a protank. I am getting so much more flavor with this thing. I'm also able to crank the wattage to 11 without getting a burnt flavor what so ever. I am impressed so far.

listopencil 04-05-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10542108)
So I said **** it, and let me tell you, this tank is amazing compared to a protank. I am getting so much more flavor with this thing. I'm also able to crank the wattage to 11 without getting a burnt flavor what so ever. I am impressed so far.

Nice. I'm jealous.

listopencil 04-05-2014 07:24 PM

Hmmm. I can go to 15 watts on my SVD.

mdchiefsfan 04-05-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10542230)
Hmmm. I can go to 15 watts on my SVD.

I went to 11, which is my max, and had no issues. Let me know how it goes.

I will say the one thing that sucks about me buying this tank is I now have to buy more.

listopencil 04-05-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10542327)
I went to 11, which is my max, and had no issues. Let me know how it goes.

I will say the one thing that sucks about me buying this tank is I now have to buy more.

For different flavors?

mdchiefsfan 04-05-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10542371)
For different flavors?

Yup

mdchiefsfan 04-05-2014 09:01 PM

Just bought 2 more. My girlfriend insisted she get one too.

NWTF 04-06-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10542371)
For different flavors?

yeah. 'sigh' I now own 3 total. . . . well, what are you supposed to do when you just feel like vaping on one of your other flavors, but your nautilus is tied up with another juice in it ? Using one of my other clearos really isnt an option anymore, certainly not a good option. I didnt try to over hype this tank, but its good, very good, for a non RBA.

Last night I mixed two of my older juices, cuban cigar, traditional tobacco just to finish them off. I was curious as everything tastes better out of these nautilus's vs whatever else I have. As stand alone juices they were both so so, probably would never buy again.... but they had never seen the inside of a nautilus tank before. Well the flavor meshed great and thats all Ive been vaping on. I dont know if it was just a great combination or chalk up another win for this tank.

I hope yours comes soon.

NWTF 04-06-2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10542108)

:thumb:

mdchiefsfan 04-06-2014 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10542808)
yeah. 'sigh' I now own 3 total. . . . well, what are you supposed to do when you just feel like vaping on one of your other flavors, but your nautilus is tied up with another juice in it ? Using one of my other clearos really isnt an option anymore, certainly not a good option. I didnt try to over hype this tank, but its good, very good, for a non RBA.

Last night I mixed two of my older juices, cuban cigar, traditional tobacco just to finish them off. I was curious as everything tastes better out of these nautilus's vs whatever else I have. As stand alone juices they were both so so, probably would never buy again.... but they had never seen the inside of a nautilus tank before. Well the flavor meshed great and thats all Ive been vaping on. I dont know if it was just a great combination or chalk up another win for this tank.

I hope yours comes soon.

I can't deny it. Equipment in vaping is everything. This tank is legit.

NWTF 04-06-2014 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10542813)
I can't deny it. Equipment in vaping is everything. This tank is legit.

Yes it is. Glad its working great for you. Be sure to revisit old flavors laying around. You may be surprised to see how good they are out of this tank.

Buck 04-06-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10542808)
yeah. 'sigh' I now own 3 total. . . . well, what are you supposed to do when you just feel like vaping on one of your other flavors, but your nautilus is tied up with another juice in it ?

Since I've bought an RBA I haven't used one of my tanks at all. Can change flavors constantly.

mdchiefsfan 04-06-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10542822)
Yes it is. Glad its working great for you. Be sure to revisit old flavors laying around. You may be surprised to see how good they are out of this tank.

That's exactly what I am doing. The tank is real easy to clean. I just switched flavors and one of them I was really burned out on is amazing to me again. I highly recommend this flavor to anyone.

www.Vaporsknoll.com check out dumber juice. It was the first liquid I tried and always have a bottle nearby. It is a great flavor.

NWTF 04-06-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10542917)
Since I've bought an RBA I haven't used one of my tanks at all. Can change flavors constantly.

I think thats the direction im heading. Ive ordered some kanthal that should be here monday. Ive got everything else ill need. Im going to try to rebuild the nautilus ato. Ill see how it goes and go from there.

I cant move on 100% to RBAs due to my working environment, but I think one would be just perfect when Im at home. Reading thru reviews on the nautilus before buying, I noticed a few reviews comparing the vaping experience of the nautilus as being almost as good as their RBAs.

NWTF 04-06-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10542988)
That's exactly what I am doing. The tank is real easy to clean. I just switched flavors and one of them I was really burned out on is amazing to me again. I highly recommend this flavor to anyone.

www.Vaporsknoll.com check out dumber juice. It was the first liquid I tried and always have a bottle nearby. It is a great flavor.

Thanks. Im checking it out now.

Buck 04-06-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10543572)
I think thats the direction im heading. Ive ordered some kanthal that should be here monday. Ive got everything else ill need. Im going to try to rebuild the nautilus ato. Ill see how it goes and go from there.

I cant move on 100% to RBAs due to my working environment, but I think one would be just perfect when Im at home. Reading thru reviews on the nautilus before buying, I noticed a few reviews comparing the vaping experience of the nautilus as being almost as good as their RBAs.

It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

My last coil lasted about 2 weeks, just had to change the cotton every few days. Super easy, super cheap.

mdchiefsfan 04-06-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10543572)

I'm in the same boat. My girlfriends brother is into mechanical mods and RBAs the flavors he gets at 30 watts is unbelievable. The nautilus is the first tank that can keep up with his equipment. I think it would be beneficial to at least learn how to.

I think I'm getting a VAMO mod first, then I'll start tinkering.

mdchiefsfan 04-06-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10543597)
Thanks. Im checking it out now.

They are a local vape shop. Another fan favorite there is pon pon.

listopencil 04-07-2014 12:39 PM

Got my Nautilus in. Wow, what a nice tank this is. I have no complaints at all. I had to turn down my airflow from max because the ease of the draw freaked me out a little. At max you are practically doing lung hits on 8 watts. I can crank my SVD to 15 watts and create ridiculous clouds by the way. It even sits on my SVD very nicely.

mdchiefsfan 04-07-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10545724)
Got my Nautilus in. Wow, what a nice tank this is. I have no complaints at all. I had to turn down my airflow from max because the ease of the draw freaked me out a little. At max you are practically doing lung hits on 8 watts. I can crank my SVD to 15 watts and create ridiculous clouds by the way. It even sits on my SVD very nicely.

It is a damn impressive tank. So glad I bought it.

NWTF 04-07-2014 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10545724)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10546112)
It is a damn impressive tank. So glad I bought it.

Guys, this tank is awesome. I just rebuilt the 1.6 ohm coil following riptrippers video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAmI...yer_detailpage . Im vaping at 14w the coil measured at 1.5 ohms. Ok first, Im going to have to cut back on the nicotine level. 15mg is too intense with this build. The vapor and flavor is insane.

Listopencil, I followed your lead and got the SVD. Thanks for the review I love it. I still think the vaping quality from the stock nautilus coil is great, but if you ever want to take it to that next level give that rebuild a try. Buck is right, its not that hard to do. Just dont do it with high nicotine juice. lol.

listopencil 04-07-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10546224)
Guys, this tank is awesome. I just rebuilt the 1.6 ohm coil following riptrippers video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAmI...yer_detailpage . Im vaping at 14w the coil measured at 1.5 ohms. Ok first, Im going to have to cut back on the nicotine level. 15mg is too intense with this build. The vapor and flavor is insane.

Listopencil, I followed your lead and got the SVD. Thanks for the review I love it. I still think the vaping quality from the stock nautilus coil is great, but if you ever want to take it to that next level give that rebuild a try. Buck is right, its not that hard to do. Just dont do it with high nicotine juice. lol.

Nice. The stainless steel tank looks really good. I have a bottle of 32mgs nic flavorless fluid left over. I dribble a bit into the tank every now and then. Holy crap this thing made me a bit dizzy. I had to dump a tank and start over with a weaker mix, lol. I'm using the 1.6 ohm coil that it came with and I have a box of five more, plus the 1.8 spare that came with the tank.

NWTF 04-07-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10546447)
Nice. The stainless steel tank looks really good. I have a bottle of 32mgs nic flavorless fluid left over. I dribble a bit into the tank every now and then. Holy crap this thing made me a bit dizzy. I had to dump a tank and start over with a weaker mix, lol. I'm using the 1.6 ohm coil that it came with and I have a box of five more, plus the 1.8 spare that came with the tank.

lol. Yeah, when i first got the tank I was using 10 and 12 mg juices. Ive just recently started going back to some of the first juices I bought that were 15 and 18 mg. I didnt really notice the nic that much in my other tanks, but like you said, you can get yourself dizzy if your not careful with this tank. And youv'e got 32mg. lol. But the flavor tastes so good its easy to get carried away.

glad you got yourself a nice tank to go with that SVD. The SVD is underrated. I dont know why more vapers aren't repping it. I guess its not the flavor of the month, but its a well built device powerful enough to meet most peoples needs. And it looks better then most of the mods on the market too IMO.

listopencil 04-08-2014 09:29 AM

I stumbled across this while I was looking at various batteries.

There is a long explanation of Ohm's Law and how it applies to your vape: http://invape.com/understanding-e-ci...battery-usage/

And a handy calculator if you want to skip the math: http://invape.com/ohms-law-calculator/

With that calculator you can punch in the resistance of your atomizer and the wattage/voltage you want to vape on to see what kind of demand you are putting on your battery. With the kind of set up I use it is never going to be a problem but people who want to get into RBA's might find it interesting.