ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you rather be 8-0 with Alex Smith or 3-5 with Geno? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278032)

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 10137533)
So you never played serious sports, I assume??

Yes, but it's is obvious you don't know shit about pro sports.

Sometimes you have to let the young guys go out there and learn on the job. It might be detrimental to the team in the short term, but you're hoping it pays off in the long term. This is pretty common and Chiefs are doing it now with Fisher.

philfree 10-29-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137473)
I'm rooting for a Superbowl. You root for BBQ and sunshine.

No I root for the win every Sunday with hope that it leads to a Super Bowl. I did cook up some bad ass burnt ends last week though and it was sunny out too. This week I made chilly and it was good too and to go along with that we are at 8-0. Yeah that sucks. Oh wait no it doesn't it's awesome!

lcarus 10-29-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10137542)
No I root for the win every Sunday with hope that it leads to a Super Bowl. I did cook up some bad ass burnt ends last week though and it was sunny out too. This week I made chilly and it was good too and to go along with that we are at 8-0. Yeah that sucks. Oh wait no it doesn't it's awesome!

You either root for BBQ and sunshine or a Super Bowl. WHICH IS IT MOTHER ****ER?! TAKE A SIDE!

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-29-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10137532)
Well of course I mean you have been right so far. Pfttt.

The losers response, just you wait! Just you wait!

You have even back tracked 3 or 4 times on your opinion and have previously claimed we could win a playoff game with Smith. Your opinions lose value when you continually change them.

You are basically Clay's left nut. BCD is his right.

I can't wait for playoff time. You and I are going to have so much fun together. Truly.

HemiEd 10-29-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137435)
For the record Smith isn't bad at throwing the ball downfield. He's pretty good actually.

He just refuses to do it. It's like trying to give a cat a bath...

I am going to have to trust you on this Rausch, as I didn't pay a lot of attention to him before this year. What I have seen this season though, is when he does try and throw it over 10 yards, he often errors to the long side. Usually, way long and un-catchable.

I was in awe of the catch McCluster made for the TD Sunday, it was perfect, almost a miracle.

It would be nice to see him develop the tendency to hit runners in stride on the long balls, much like he does on the short passes, so the receivers don't have to "lay out" to catch the ball.

BIG_DADDY 10-29-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 10137522)
We should take up a collection to pay for therapy for the 15 Geno fans.

It may take multiply sessions, but perhaps, just once, we can find a cure for their delusions.

:)

I wonder if any of these 15 ever played HS or college sports. You never accept losing for any reason.

So now you are going to take the assumption that we would be 3-5 to heart and run with it and call other people delusional? Nice

HemiEd 10-29-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137541)
Yes, but it's is obvious you don't know shit about pro sports.

Sometimes you have to let the young guys go out there and learn on the job. It might be detrimental to the team in the short term, but you're hoping it pays off in the long term. This is pretty common and Chiefs are doing it now with Fisher.

But that is ok, it was a safe pick.

philfree 10-29-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10137548)
You either root for BBQ and sunshine or a Super Bowl. WHICH IS IT MOTHER ****ER?! TAKE A SIDE!

LOL

Rausch 10-29-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10137554)

It would be nice to see him develop the tendency to hit runners in stride on the long balls, much like he does on the short passes, so the receivers don't have to "lay out" to catch the ball.

That requires time and a comfort zone only attained with repeated throws.

We don't throw deep enough for him to develop that with anyone...

HemiEd 10-29-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN (Post 10137540)

That's why he fell to the second round, the knock on him was that he melts down against better defenses. He looked awesome against lesser competition in college but couldn't compete against the better schools. Same situation is playing out in the pros. He'll put up descent numbers most of the time but come playoff time against better defenses he'll falter.

Ok, I will give you that.

But couldn't we also say that the worst defense he has faced so far as an NFL QB, is better than the best one he faced in College? That may be a stretch for some people, but I think it has to be fairly accurate.

So, given that, wouldn't that indicate a lot of growth and maturity in a short period of time, much like other franchise QBs. In fact, at a faster pace than some of the greats.

Marcellus 10-29-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10137549)
I can't wait for playoff time. You and I are going to have so much fun together. Truly.

Playoffs? Really? I know you predicted that at the start of the season.

FTR I did.

tredadda 10-29-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137265)
Yep. This team maybe wins 1 playoff game, MAYBE and it's topped out at that point with Alice. I'd do exactly what the Steelers did with Big Ben.

:spock: Wow. Just Wow. Sacrifice everything in the hopes of something better. We have three playoff wins since SB IV and this is our best shot is quite some time to make noise and you would throw it away hoping that Bray pans out.

HemiEd 10-29-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137580)
That requires time and a comfort zone only attained with repeated throws.

We don't throw deep enough for him to develop that with anyone...

Agreed, and I don't want to pretend part of this isn't to blame on the young OL that is struggling.

Just dreaming here, but can you imagine him being able to throw one of those passes like Brady does, where he intentionally under-throws the receiver that stops his route before defender can react?
I bet Alex Smith would have nightmares about that scenario.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10137626)
:spock: Wow. Just Wow. Sacrifice everything in the hopes of something better. We have three playoff wins since SB IV and this is our best shot is quite some time to make noise and you would throw it away hoping that Bray pans out.

What is "making noise"?

lcarus 10-29-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137648)
What is "making noise"?

This is making noise mother effer.

http://media.kansas.com/smedia/2013/...t.SlMa.81.jpeg

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10137656)

Peyton has relatives that work for Guiness?

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 10-29-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10137591)
Ok, I will give you that.

But couldn't we also say that the worst defense he has faced so far as an NFL QB, is better than the best one he faced in College? That may be a stretch for some people, but I think it has to be fairly accurate.

So, given that, wouldn't that indicate a lot of growth and maturity in a short period of time, much like other franchise QBs. In fact, at a faster pace than some of the greats.

It's hard to compare defenses from college and pro teams but I have to say that when Geno has excelled he's had all day to throw with no pressure. His offensive line is giving him a nice passing lane and lots of time to find an open receiver. I'm not saying that he's another Cassel or Quinn, I'm just saying that I wouldn't trust him against playoff defenses. You can't teach a person how to read defenses, you either have the ability or you don't.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN (Post 10137678)
It's hard to compare defenses from college and pro teams but I have to say that when Geno has excelled he's had all day to throw with no pressure. His offensive line is giving him a nice passing lane and lots of time to find an open receiver. I'm not saying that he's another Cassel or Quinn, I'm just saying that I wouldn't trust him against playoff defenses. <b>You can't teach a person how to read defenses, you either have the ability or you don't.</b>

:facepalm:

Sandy Vagina 10-29-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137472)
He almost never does it.

Hell, the only one I can remember is that pass to Avery when we were on like the 2 yard line and that one he had to make an adjustment on...

There are also some that no one remembers... because Bowe's CB gets a DPI thrown on him on what look to be promising deep connections. Moves the chains, but doesn't show up on the stat sheets.. so they become forgettable.

We can assume that Alex just hates throwing deep down the field... but can we be sure? Seems Reid is utilizing him (for now and for the most part) like Harbaugh did. They KNOW the OL pass pro sucks... so they tell him "you like your first look high % pass option? Take it."

Reid is the type to demand Alex throw more deep passes, if he wanted him to. So by now, Alex would be trying more deep ones, if asked to. He isn't... so I'd think it a safe bet that Reid IS telling Smith to keep doing what he's doing... for the time being.

Molitoth 10-29-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

You can't teach a person how to read defenses, you either have the ability or you don't.

o'rly?

A lot of Chiefs Homers forget how awful Alex Smith's first few seasons were.

Year 1? 1 TD, 11 INT's.

I'd say Harbaugh taught him how to read defenses.

Mav 10-29-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10137094)
Actually, if the 2nd round pick hadn't been traded for recyled reject #17, Geno would have been there. They still could have used the 1.1 on the SAFE PICK, Eric Fisher.

But don't let the facts get in your WAY Halfcan.

Im sure if they Chiefs front office had known that Geno would be there in round two, considering that almost everyone expert had him as the first qb taken, and not in the second round mind you, that they probably don't make that trade for Alex Smith.

Just saying. And lets not forget, the jets not only passed of super geno once, they passed on him TWICE, and didn't have to trade up to get him the third time around either.

Sandy Vagina 10-29-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10137549)

Those are the words of a douche hoping KC struggles and fails once in the playoffs... all so that you can feel proud that you guessed right... rochambeau

Shogun 10-29-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

It's hard to compare defenses from college and pro teams but I have to say that when Geno has excelled he's had all day to throw with no pressure. His offensive line is giving him a nice passing lane and lots of time to find an open receiver. I'm not saying that he's another Cassel or Quinn, I'm just saying that I wouldn't trust him against playoff defenses. You can't teach a person how to read defenses, you either have the ability or you don't.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/fuk%...nd/14o910m.gif

Mav 10-29-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Wow.

Someone better go tell the people who brought in Steve Young, drafted Peyton Manning, drafted Troy Aikman that they are reerunS.

All of them had HORRIBLE starts to their careers.

matter of fact, all things considered, Troy Aikman had the worst rookie season of any qb in nfl history.

Peyton Manning certainly could read defenses on his way to throwing an NFL RECORD 28 picks his rookie season.

This is asinine.

Rausch 10-29-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10137707)
There are also some that no one remembers... because Bowe's CB gets a DPI thrown on him on what look to be promising deep connections. Moves the chains, but doesn't show up on the stat sheets.. so they become forgettable.

We can assume that Alex just hates throwing deep down the field... but can we be sure? Seems Reid is utilizing him (for now and for the most part) like Harbaugh did. They KNOW the OL pass pro sucks... so they tell him "you like your first look high % pass option? Take it."

Reid is the type to demand Alex throw more deep passes, if he wanted him to. So by now, Alex would be trying more deep ones, if asked to. He isn't... so I'd think it a safe bet that Reid IS telling Smith to keep doing what he's doing... for the time being.

2 things: 1) Reid didn't know how much help our line needed until we started playing the games.
2) Reid didn't know Fish would be the dumpster fire he's become.

The idea was to turn Alex loose and let him sling the ball. He's too hesitant when he does have the time and more often than not he just doesn't have the time...

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10137717)

LMAO

Marcellus 10-29-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10137716)
Those are the words of a douche

All you needed to type.

Halfcan 10-29-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137473)
I'm rooting for a Superbowl. You root for BBQ and sunshine.

:doh!: You have picked them to lose every week pretty much. And didn't you pick their record at 4-12 for the season? You do nothing but bad mouth the chiefs and Alex every single day and root for them to fail. You are probably the Worst Chiefs fan in the history of the Chiefs and by far the biggest troll on this board.

Don't even say you want Alex to win a Superbowl-lol total bullshit.

Sandy Vagina 10-29-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137722)
2 things: 1) Reid didn't know how much help our line needed until we started playing the games.
2) Reid didn't know Fish would be the dumpster fire he's become.

The idea was to turn Alex loose and let him sling the ball. He's too hesitant when he does have the time and more often than not he just doesn't have the time...

I don't disagree with this. I bet Reid wanted a more explosive pass game, but quickly realized that this wouldn't be in the team's best interest behind this porous OL.

... and yes, what is pissing me off about Alex lately? is he is not going through his progressions as well as he had been when there is time. He needs to get that shit under control.. because he IS missing opportunities out there.

Rausch 10-29-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10137736)
I don't disagree with this. I bet Reid wanted a more explosive pass game, but quickly realized that this wouldn't be in the team's best interest behind this porous OL.

... and yes, what is pissing me off about Alex lately? is he is not going through his progressions as well as he had been when there is time. He needs to get that shit under control.. because he IS missing opportunities out there.

What's pissing me off is what Green did here in year 1 and 2: he's holding the ball too long trying to make a play, not throwing it away when he can, and taking unnecessary sacks...

Sandy Vagina 10-29-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137738)
What's pissing me off is what Green did here in year 1 and 2: he's holding the ball too long trying to make a play, not throwing it away when he can, and taking unnecessary sacks...

some... yeah some...

Marcellus 10-29-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137738)

He has taken some sacks but I don't recall it happening when we have been behind, mainly because we have rarely been behind this season.

If he is doing that shit when we need a drive it will be costly, but that hasn't happened yet.

One of his best drives this season was before half against the Texans. 98 yards for a TD when we needed it and gave us the lead going into half.

okcchief 10-29-2013 11:09 AM

8-0 with Bray on deck > Geno

Rausch 10-29-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10137747)
He has taken some sacks but I don't recall it happening when we have been behind, mainly because we have rarely been behind this season.

If he is doing that shit when we need a drive it will be costly, but that hasn't happened yet.

One of his best drives this season was before half against the Texans. 98 yards for a TD when we needed it and gave us the lead going into half.

We haven't been behind all that often.

He did do it in the 3rd and 4th quarter though. I know he's got legs and he's good at buying time but after 4 or 5 seconds you have to make the decision to scramble or just ****ing throw it away...

Sandy Vagina 10-29-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137756)
We haven't been behind all that often.

He did do it in the 3rd and 4th quarter though. I know he's got legs and he's good at buying time but after 4 or 5 seconds you have to make the decision to scramble or just ****ing throw it away...

4 or 5 seconds? I can't imagine him having that much time... like eva!

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10137753)
8-0 with Bray on deck > Geno

Bray is sort of the silver lining in this.

tredadda 10-29-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137648)
What is "making noise"?

Doing something we have only done three times since SB IV. Mainly win a playoff game.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10137878)
Doing something we have only done three times since SB IV. Mainly win a playoff game.

That's nice, but not the goal.

Rausch 10-29-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137881)

It should.

Goals: 1) Return to winning.
2) Win division.
3) Win playoff game.
4) Win super bowl.

You set goals, put forth the effort, check them off as you go...

tredadda 10-29-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137881)

Baby steps. Can't win it all till at least you win a playoff game. Need to get there first. Having a 3-5 record with Bray or Geno won't even get us there.

lcarus 10-29-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137773)
Bray is sort of the silver lining in this.

Glad we agree on this. :)

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137882)
It should.

2) Win division.
3) Win playoff game.
4) Win super bowl.

The problem is building a team for goal 1-2 don't mean you are building a team for 4.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10137902)
Glad we agree on this. :)

Yeah, I'm 100% behind you there. People want to paint some of us as "Geno" guys when in reality we are "find a ****ing franchise QB" guys :D

NinerDoug 10-29-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137882)
It should.

2) Win division.
3) Win playoff game.
4) Win super bowl.

Not to mention, only one team out of thirty-two gets to number 4. So if that is the standard, reach number 4 or the season was utter failure, seems to me that the vast majority of fans of every nfl team are going to be unhappy about their team the vast majority of the time. I don't see it that way.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 10137911)
Not to mention, only one team out of thirty-two gets to number 4. So if that is the standard, reach number 4 or the season was utter failure, seems to me that the vast majority of fans of every nfl team are going to be unhappy about their team the vast majority of the time. I don't see it that way.

Someone check this guy as a Blackbob Mult :D

ChiefsCountry 10-29-2013 12:14 PM

http://img.beckett.com/images/items_...5908/front.jpg

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/2...y_clausen3.jpg

NinerDoug 10-29-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137920)

Kind of like "Highlander," "There can be only one."

But at least the other immortals had fun along the way (before losing their heads, of course.)

KCUnited 10-29-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137920)

He's around with a much better strategy. He sticks and moves now, but isn't a threat. I'm sure he'll meltdown and out himself before too long.

Rausch 10-29-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137907)
The problem is building a team for goal 1-2 don't mean you are building a team for 4.

Do you really think that's what's happening here?

I don't.

I think we got an easy schedule, better coaching, better QB, and didn't suffer a lot of injuries.

You didn't see this team go full reerun and sign Smiff to a 5 year deal as soon as he landed in KC. You don't see us sticking with craptastic players just because Dorsey drafted them.

I think our rebuild is ahead of schedule. Oddly enough people will bitch and complain because of our early success instead of a 2-14 team being BETTER than we should be at this point.

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137957)
I think our rebuild is ahead of schedule. Oddly enough people will bitch and complain because of our early success instead of a 2-14 team being BETTER than we should be at this point.

Never in the history of the NFL has a team won their first 8 games of the season with a brand new head coach.

Never in the history of the NFL has a team gone 8-0 when they were previously 2-14.

NinerDoug 10-29-2013 12:29 PM

Hey BCD, have you noted that only 135 yards separate Alex and the No. 10 spot?

What do you think? Top 10 at the end of the season?

Rausch 10-29-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10137968)
Never in the history of the NFL has a team won their first 8 games of the season with a brand new head coach.

Never in the history of the NFL has a team gone 8-0 when they were previously 2-14.

Right.

That's a good thing...

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-29-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10137716)
Those are the words of a douche hoping KC struggles and fails once in the playoffs... all so that you can feel proud that you guessed right... rochambeau

There's no guessing involved. With Axl at the helm, FAIL is insured at the Federal Level.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 10137970)
Hey BCD, have you noted that only 135 yards separate Alex and the No. 10 spot?

What do you think? Top 10 at the end of the season?

Right, but note there are a ton of guys ahead and right behind him with one less game played. In reality he need to make up about 50 yards/game to make it there. Unless there are mass injuries/pulled for backups at the QB position the next two months I don't see him getting there.

stevieray 10-29-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10137990)
There's no guessing involved. With Axl at the helm, FAIL is insured at the Federal Level.

top five rushing qb..his mobility to pick up FD's is underrated.

NinerDoug 10-29-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10138010)
Right, but note there are a ton of guys ahead and right behind him with one less game played. In reality he need to make up about 50 yards/game to make it there. Unless there are mass injuries/pulled for backups at the QB position the next two months I don't see him getting there.

I see your point. On the other hand, new QB, new team, new system, you would expect better stats in the second half of the season. But still, there is a pretty big gap in yards per game between him and Big Ben, the current holder of the No. 10 spot.

trndobrd 10-29-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137957)
Do you really think that's what's happening here?

I don't.

I think we got an easy schedule, better coaching, better QB, and didn't suffer a lot of injuries.

You didn't see this team go full reerun and sign Smiff to a 5 year deal as soon as he landed in KC. You don't see us sticking with craptastic players just because Dorsey drafted them.

I agree. Despite Reid's statements that he really, really wanted Smith, I'm sure Reid and Dorsey have no illusions about what they have at QB. They got the best FA available and have a competent QB to serve as a bridge to the 2014 and 2015 QB draft classes.

Rausch 10-29-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 10138060)
I agree. Despite Reid's statements that he really, really wanted Smith, I'm sure Reid and Dorsey have no illusions about what they have at QB. They got the best FA available and have a competent QB to serve as a bridge to the 2014 and 2015 QB draft classes.

There you go...

Mosbonian 10-29-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137910)
Yeah, I'm 100% behind you there. People want to paint some of us as "Geno" guys when in reality we are "find a ****ing franchise QB" guys :D

See I can live with that premise.....I want us to get our own QBOTF worse than anyone else, I just don't see Geno as that guy.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10138183)
See I can live with that premise.....I want us to get our own QBOTF worse than anyone else, I just don't see Geno as that guy.

I don't think most people opinions are that different, people have just distorted the other sides arguement. This year Geno was the preferred choice, but most would have been happy with whoever Reid/Dorsey felt was the best QB in the draft and last year there was a push to trade up for Tannehill by the QBOTF bunch. Hopefully Bray quiets our cries and pleas for a top shelf QB.

tredadda 10-29-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10138209)
I don't think most people opinions are that different, people have just distorted the other sides arguement. This year Geno was the preferred choice, but most would have been happy with whoever Reid/Dorsey felt was the best QB in the draft and last year there was a push to trade up for Tannehill by the QBOTF bunch. Hopefully Bray quiets our cries pleas for a top shelf QB.

Finally something you said that I can agree with you on

Mr. Laz 10-29-2013 01:39 PM

vote total is rather shocking considering how much people pimp Geno and slam Alex

warrior 10-29-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10138183)

My thoughts as well didn't like Geno wanted better than Alex Smith and we paid way to much for him. I've watched Bray a lot @ Tenn he needs lots of coaching great arm but not to accurate.
I believe Ried will look for our QBOTF in the next draft or two 2014 has lots of good prospects who knows.

Nightfyre 10-29-2013 01:55 PM

Why do Chiefs fans want to pin their hopes on Bray, an undrafted college free agent with huge mechanical, mental and maturity deficiencies? I mean, it's like because he was free they want him to be a franchise QB. :rolleyes:

Rausch 10-29-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10138392)
Why do Chiefs fans want to pin their hopes on Bray, an undrafted college free agent with huge mechanical, mental and maturity deficiencies? I mean, it's like because he was free they want him to be a franchise QB. :rolleyes:

Because Daniels is hot garbage and he's (for now) our only shot at a QBOTF...

Nightfyre 10-29-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10138395)
Because Daniels is hot garbage and he's (for now) our only shot at a QBOTF...

So.... desperation? And people who want him to step in for Alex this year are off their goddamned rockers.

Mosbonian 10-29-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10138209)
I don't think most people opinions are that different, people have just distorted the other sides arguement. This year Geno was the preferred choice, but most would have been happy with whoever Reid/Dorsey felt was the best QB in the draft and last year there was a push to trade up for Tannehill by the QBOTF bunch. Hopefully Bray quiets our cries and pleas for a top shelf QB.

It would be interesting to see how many people actually do believe in Geno Smith vs how many would just like to see us draft our QBOTF. If you could separate those 2 factions from each other it would be a better gauge.

Rausch 10-29-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10138401)
So.... desperation?

I'd say that's fair.

Keep in mind I wanted us to draft a QB - any QB OTHER THAN BRAY...

Nightfyre 10-29-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10138409)
I'd say that's fair.

Keep in mind I wanted us to draft a QB - any QB OTHER THAN BRAY...

I was aboard the same boat, mr. Rausch. And I will be by the offseason again, I am sure.

Chief Roundup 10-29-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10138392)

Who do Chiefs fans pine for a QB that this not a KC Chief? This FO and coaching staff did not want that QB. The entire league did not view him as a simple few here did. Even the coaches that fans wanted to come here before we signed Andy Reid that are considered QB gurus didn't want Geno in the first or 2cd round after those same fans swore those coaches could make something happen with a QB like Geno.

Nightfyre 10-29-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10138425)
Who do Chiefs fans pine for a QB that this not a KC Chief? This FO and coaching staff did not want that QB. The entire league did not view him as a simple few here did. Even the coaches that fans wanted to come here before we signed Andy Reid that are considered QB gurus didn't want Geno in the first or 2cd round after those same fans swore those coaches could make something happen with a QB like Geno.

Can you edit this post to make sense?

Chief Roundup 10-29-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10138432)
Can you edit this post to make sense?

Nah. You might try wiping the Geno cum off your face. Or you might just go ahead a realize that no body wanted Geno. He would have more than likely fell to the 3rd round, definitely the bottom half of the 2cd if the Jets had not drafted him.

Rausch 10-29-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10138439)
Nah. You might try wiping the Geno cum off your face. Or you might just go ahead a realize that no body wanted Geno. He would have more than likely fell to the 3rd round, definitely the bottom half of the 2cd if the Jets had not drafted him.

So your argument is that if he hadn't been drafted where he was he would have been drafted later?...

Nightfyre 10-29-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10138439)

I'm not sure how this relates to what I posted. In fact, my post was pretty devoid of any Geno reference whatsoever. And if no one wanted Geno, what does that say about Bray - who went undrafted completely?

Rausch 10-29-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10138450)
And if no one wanted Geno, what does that say about Bray - who went undrafted completely?

He is what we thought he was...

Imon Yourside 10-29-2013 02:17 PM

Where is the choice to be 0-8 with Peyton Manning?

Chief Roundup 10-29-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10138447)
So your argument is that if he hadn't been drafted where he was he would have been drafted later?...

Point is a QB that is passed on that many times was never in any way worthy of being drafted at 1.1. He has continued to show that he was not worthy of being drafted there. A mid to late 2cd or 3rd round quality of a QB can be had in any given year. It was the correct move not to have taken Geno at 1.1, but some don't care about that. They just want what they want, they don't have to pay the premium or the consequences that are involved yet everyone else is stupid, homer, etc.

Chief Roundup 10-29-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10138450)
I'm not sure how this relates to what I posted. In fact, my post was pretty devoid of any Geno reference whatsoever. And if no one wanted Geno, what does that say about Bray - who went undrafted completely?

I have bagged on Bray for his immaturity. I didn't want to spend a pick on him either. We didn't spend a pick on him so I doesn't bother me that he is on the squad. If he can "grow up" then great if not, oh well next man up.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10138464)
Point is a QB that is passed on that many times was never in any way worthy of being drafted at 1.1. He has continued to show that he was not worthy of being drafted there. A mid to late 2cd or 3rd round quality of a QB can be had in any given year. It was the correct move not to have taken Geno at 1.1, but some don't care about that. They just want what they want, they don't have to pay the premium or the consequences that are involved yet everyone else is stupid, homer, etc.

To the mother ****ing ship with a shitty Right Tackle ya'll!

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

Rausch 10-29-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

It was the correct move not to have taken Geno at 1.1, but some don't care about that.

Agreed.

Quote:

They just want what they want, they don't have to pay the premium or the consequences that are involved yet everyone else is stupid, homer, etc.

Now hold up there.

Any wrong move made by the team costs the fan more than the team.

A person like me uses my vacation days to watch games. Usually once or twice a year I'll spend what disposable income I have at the time to attend one.

If my day sucks I'm out money and entertainment. And that's my whad shot.

Clark still goes on vacation. So do Andy and Dorsey. They still make money.

I decide if I go to a game or not. If I don't go some other person will...