ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272119)

penbrook 04-15-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9590584)
Same reason why I go to the zoo.

10 more days until I am right about who we are drafting in Geno.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590573)
So pretty much any player statement made on CP can be met with "Bullshit"?

I didn't realize that Geno Smith had been coached by Jeff Tedford.

My bad.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9590588)
10 more days until I disappear off the face of the earth and B14ckmon has to get an Amber Alert started.

Probably.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:40 PM

No one has answered so I'm asking again. Those who say this is such a shitty QB class, will a QB pick be met with angst at any point in this draft?

If this class is that shitty, seems we shouldn't be looking for one at all.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590591)
I didn't realize that Geno Smith had been coached by Jeff Tedford.

My bad.

Tedford was the only reason he wasn't picked in the first 23 picks?

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590549)
If Geno Smith went to Stanford

Everyone in the country is eligible for Stanford.

:spock:

It's a damn shame that Smith chose West Virginia instead.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590599)
Tedford was the only reason he wasn't picked in the first 23 picks?

Yeah, pretty much. After Boller and Dilfer and all of his other failures, no one trusted a Tedford QB to do much in the NFL

What the **** is wrong with you? Are you new?

patteeu 04-15-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590520)
Guess I don't. Obviously you don't hold me in very high esteem so I guess it doesn't really matter.

It's not that. I don't have anything against you personally. My problem with you in this thread is that you jumped into the middle of a simple issue and after apparently jumping to the conclusion that I was vouching for Jake Long you proceeded to try to prove me wrong.

My post was a simple correction of something someone else said based on "words from the horse's mouth" (Jeff Ireland's own statement). I didn't claim to be a mind reader. I didn't say that every (or even any) reasonable person would be glad to draft Jake Long first overall ahead of Matt Ryan.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590605)
Yeah, pretty much. After Boller and Dilfer and all of his other failures, no one trusted a Tedford QB to do much in the NFL

What the **** is wrong with you? Are you new?

Jesus dude. Calm down. I was just asking. I was a junior in high school, didn't really follow the draft at the time.

BossChief 04-15-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590569)
Sure. He was great in that game.

When the pressure was on and he was the Heisman shoe in, things went downhill. It is what it is.

He was doing extremely well until he faced the team/coach that basically invented their offense and TT provided the plan on how to defeat the offense and a few teams followed suit.

If we are gonna talk about performance in big games, we can talk about almost any quarterback in the history of quarterbacks.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590612)
Jesus dude. Calm down. I was just asking. I was a junior in high school, didn't really follow the draft at the time.

Yeah, right.

That was a nice way of asking, "future" doc.

JFC, I hope your "bedside manner" improves.

DTLB58 04-15-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590580)
He said nobody distanced themselves from the pack during the season.

That has obviously changed after the combine and workouts/visits because 95% of mocks have Geno as the first qb taken.

Yea, I guess a lot has changed since he said that.

Kansas City Chiefs fans have to wonder when their fortunes will turn around.

After enduring a disastrous 2-14 campaign last season, the Chiefs -- in desperate need of a quarterback -- have the top pick in a draft absent of sure-fire, first-round passing talent. The Chiefs' new general manager, John Dorsey, admits this year's prospects under center are a puzzle.

"There is no quarterback where personnel guys can definitely say, 'He's a first-round pick,' " Dorsey told The Kansas City Star on Saturday. "There were so many inconsistencies in the collective group. There was not one guy that stood up and said, 'I'm the guy in the position this year.' There really wasn't one clear-cut guy.

"There are too many technical flaws, scheme flaws. There are so many different variables, that there are a lot of people all over the place on naming the top four or five guys and who those guys would be."

The 16 quarterbacks invited to this month's NFL Scouting Combine mark the lowest total in 11 years, according to NFL research. Beyond Geno Smith -- who NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believes could ultimately go to the Chiefs at No. 1 -- it's anyone's guess where the rest of this group lands in the draft.

NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock released his pre-combine quarterback rankings this week -- charting Smith at No. 1 and followed by USC's Matt Barkley, N.C. State's Mike Glennon, Ryan Nassib of Syracuse and Landry Jones of Oklahoma. Mayock also acknowledged to "The Rich Eisen Podcast" this week, "This is going to be, by far, the most confusing quarterback draft we've had in years."

Almost everyone seems to agree.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...op-qb-in-draft

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 09:48 PM

All of this time wasted on a guy who will end up an Eagle or a Jet.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590616)
Yeah, right.

Shit, sorry then. Didn't mean for it to come off that way. I really didn't know that.

WTF is with the "future"? Thanks for the insult. :D

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590634)
Shit, sorry then. Didn't mean for it to come off that way. I really didn't know that.

WTF is with the "future"? Thanks for the insult. :D

Did you graduate? If so, congrats!

I'll be sure to send all of my elderly relatives to your practice because if you **** up, they won't notice.

:D

patteeu 04-15-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590594)
No one has answered so I'm asking again. Those who say this is such a shitty QB class, will a QB pick be met with angst at any point in this draft?

If this class is that shitty, seems we shouldn't be looking for one at all.

A shitty QB (meaning one that's a long shot to succeed) may still be better than an even shittier non-QB. If you get down to the 7th round and all you have are super long shots, Geno Smith looks like a stud, and so do several other QBs from this shitty class.

So no, if the Chiefs pick a QB later in the draft, the pick probably won't be met with universal angst. There will probably be people who hate the pick and people who love the pick and the ratio will depend on who it is, when he was taken, and who was left that could have been taken instead.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9590562)
Dorsey has said he hasnt ruled out Geno. The only person they met with for a TWO DAY visit was Geno.

He compared Geno to the Rodgers situation. The way I see it is that Clark and Dorsey have a hard on for Geno while Reid has a hard on for Alex Smith and a bag of Cheetos.

This is deep and thoughtful analysis that I can get on-board with.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 04-15-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590640)
Did you graduate? If so, congrats!

I'll be sure to send all of my elderly relatives to your practice because if you **** up, they won't notice.

:D

No, no graduate. Not yet.

Am trying to get into a Prosth residency, so looking like I'll be in school a while longer.

BossChief 04-15-2013 09:53 PM

Aaron Rodgers had the same knock...that he wouldn't be ready to play right away because of scheme flaws due to coaching...but the upside was certainly there and the Packers took him.

I doubt we do that in KC, but it's absolutely possible...even Alex Smith said that he would probably be replaced if he didn't win this year.

John Dorsey said at Alexs press conference that he wouldn't rule out drafting a quarterback because "he wants to keep his options open"

I know it's not gonna happen, but with all TBG has posted and what Reid snd Dorsey have said...it's fun to have hope for another few days till they kick us in the nuts again.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9590643)
A shitty QB (meaning one that's a long shot to succeed) may still be better than an even shittier non-QB. If you get down to the 7th round and all you have are super long shots, Geno Smith looks like a stud, and so do several other QBs from this shitty class.

So no, if the Chiefs pick a QB later in the draft, the pick probably won't be met with universal angst. There will probably be people who hate the pick and people who love the pick and the ratio will depend on who it is, when he was taken, and who was left that could have been taken instead.

I just don't really think banking on a diamond in the rough kind of guy at this point is worth it, when there are potentially depth type guys available who can contribute, when the QB class is indeed this shitty.

DTLB58 04-15-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9590647)
This is deep and thoughtful analysis that I can get on-board with.
Posted via Mobile Device

Me to, I like Cheetos. :D

AussieChiefsFan 04-15-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9588272)
I mean, if Reid/Dorsey would have listened to Chiefs Planet, they wouldn't have this problem.

We warned them about this and they made the Smith trade anyway. And NOW they're like, "But the 1st overall pick is a terrible thing to waste on Luke Joeckel."

I sometimes think NFL GMs get so blinded by their "process" that the simple things in a draft/offseason can blindside them. It seems like the Chiefs said, "Who the **** cares, just get Alex. There's gotta be a 1st overall calibre player for us." And when there wasn't, they got caught with their pants down like a bunch of bitches.

Pretty much this.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9590669)
Pretty much this.

Yeah, people that dedicate their lives to their professions should always obey internet advice over decades of real experiences.

AussieChiefsFan 04-15-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590679)
Yeah, people that dedicate their lives to their professions should always obey internet advice over decades of real experiences.

I didn't mean the part about listening to an internet discussion board.

patteeu 04-15-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590656)
I just don't really think banking on a diamond in the rough kind of guy at this point is worth it, when there are potentially depth type guys available who can contribute, when the QB class is indeed this shitty.

That seems fair. For me, it depends on how the draft falls, but ideally, I'd like to take a QB somewhere for development, even if his likely ceiling is taking Chase Daniel's spot as #2 in a year or two.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590554)
Or if he just would have played well in big games maybe things would be different.

Like?:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/G...PvmgPYyXal.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GB5OW9i7KHs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qvrXu9Fsvpk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm pretty sure that a BCS bowl game against a heavily favored opponent was a "big" game.

BossChief 04-15-2013 10:02 PM

"There are too many technical flaws, scheme flaws. There are so many different variables, that there are a lot of people all over the place on naming the top four or five guys and who those guys would be."

That's the part I think Dorsey was referencing Geno Smith...Being he comes from a gimmick scheme.

BossChief 04-15-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590679)

Do you think John Dorsey and the GB Packers were scouting quarterbacks like Geno Smith and other guys from this class?

I bet they didn't send a single scout all year to WV games to watch Geno...

Now, I have little doubts that's why they are high on Dion Jordan...Dorsey probably scouted him for GB during the season and knows a lot about him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 10:09 PM

They'll take it in the ass on Albert just so they can save some face: "well, we were unable to get a deal going with Brandon, and Luke/Eric certainly possesses the upside you want in a prototype Left Tackle, and herp-a-derp pass me a another slab of ribs/Dorseid
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook 04-15-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9590707)
They'll take it in the ass on Albert just so they can save some face: "well, we were unable to get a deal going with Brandon, and Luke/Eric certainly possesses the upside you want in a prototype Left Tackle, and herp-a-derp pass me a another slab of ribs/Dorseid
Posted via Mobile Device

I think the B Albert situation is normal.

The fans and media are making it bigger than what it is. Ryan Clady is doing the same thing but you dont see the media get onto him about it.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 10:16 PM

Denver also isnt a position or being linked to drafting a LT with their first round pick

so theres that

Sorter 04-15-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590694)

That's the part I think Dorsey was referencing Geno Smith...Being he comes from a gimmick scheme.

If I see this again, I'm just going to lose it.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590705)
Do you think John Dorsey and the GB Packers were scouting quarterbacks like Geno Smith and other guys from this class?

So, the Packers, which many have said are the best team at drafting, at least in the NFC, wouldn't send a single scout to watch the supposed "best" QB in college football?

No offense, but what is your background with NFL teams? Scouting departments? Even college scouting?

In short, your assertion is ludicrous.

Quote:

Now, I have little doubts that's why they are high on Dion Jordan...Dorsey probably scouted him for GB during the season and knows a lot about him.

Right...

The Director of College Scouting for the Green Bay Packers only scouted one guy. He ignored QB's, even though the Packers took Brian Brohm a few years ago and took Aaron Rodgers when Favre was still a Franchise QB.

But we're to believe that John Dorsey pushed all that intel aside and focused on "one" guy.

penbrook 04-15-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9590718)
Denver also isnt a position or being linked to drafting a LT with their first round pick

so theres that

The only reason why we are linked to a Tackle is because of the Albert situation.

keg in kc 04-15-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590616)
Yeah, right.

Dane giving advice on bedside manner...

It's the small things that amuse me.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9590714)
I think the B Albert situation is normal.

The fans and media are making it bigger than what it is. Ryan Clady is doing the same thing but you dont see the media get onto him about it.

Yeah, every year, an NFL team franchises their starting left tackle in hopes of trading him, replacing him or moving him inside to guard.

chiefzilla1501 04-15-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

I think you're reaching here.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 10:20 PM

we are linked to a LT because we are picking first overall, and you can only justify best LT or best QB at #1 really. Nothing to do with Albert.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 10:20 PM

FTR, Cockmon's mom is "begging" to swallow my unborn children. Right now!
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 04-15-2013 10:20 PM

It's highly debatable that you can justify best LT at #1 anymore.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9590727)
Dane giving advice on bedside manner...

It's the small things that amuse me.

Wow, Keg. You've been one butthurt mother****er this offseason.

From my point of view, this all has to do with the WV QB. You've gotten "uppity" about Michigan players in the past but nothing like what I've seen this offseason.

Good on you.

RunKC 04-15-2013 10:21 PM

Geno didn't go to Stanford because he had a 2.8 GPA. Not exactly Stanford material.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9590734)
FTR, Cockmon's mom is "begging" to swallow my unborn children. Right now!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm pretty sure that's a two-way street

keg in kc 04-15-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590737)

From my point of view, this all has to do with the WV QB. You've gotten "uppity" about Michigan players in the past but nothing like what I've seen this offseason.

Good on you.

Uhm, okay. I was making a joke. You remember what those are, right?

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590741)
Geno didn't go to Stanford because he had a 2.8 GPA. Not exactly Stanford material.

He could have went to Baylor though, as he and Griffin had the exact same Wonderlic score.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9590745)

Apparently not.

The air has been so thick with bullshit this offseason that it's difficult to determine who's joking and who is not.

My apologies.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590749)
My apologies.

That's a joke, right?

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590753)
That's a joke, right?

Okung

mcaj22 04-15-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590748)
He could have went to Baylor though, as he and Griffin had the exact same Wonderlic score.

its a shame Colleges dont admit students on Wonderlic scores than instead of grades and SATs

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9590745)

Nah. The new Dane and the intrawebz is the seriuzz bidness!
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 04-15-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590749)
Apparently not.

The air has been so thick with bullshit this offseason that it's difficult to determine who's joking and who is not.

My apologies.

I'm working tonight, I haven't even been in on this discussion, I just saw you'd said that as I was scrolling through all the bullshit, and just made one of my patented drive-by cracks. :p

As I said earlier, I'm sick of talking/thinking/caring about the draft at this point. I just want it to be over.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9590763)
Nah. The new Dane and the intrawebz is the seriuzz bidness!
Posted via Mobile Device

Alert me if you ever post anything that's even remotely humorous.

Thanks in advance.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590754)
Okung

That's not a joke.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590770)
That's not a joke.

LMAO

RunKC 04-15-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590748)

RG3 was his high school's student president while finishing 7th in his entire class and going to Baylor a semester early when he was 17 years old.

RG3 then graduated with his undergrad from Baylor in only 3 years with a 3.67 GPA while appearing on the Dean's list twice and then went on to a masters degree all before entering the NFL Draft.

Your dumbass sig claiming that 2.8 art boy Geno is as smart or smarter than RG3 makes me laugh every time I read it.

Otter 04-15-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590737)

Good on you.

Dane, You calling Keg anything....You disillusioned ****. Shut your fat ass pie hole already you windbag. Go jerk off to the time Brad Pitt took the time to shake your hand and find meaning in life.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9590765)
As I said earlier, I'm sick of talking/thinking/caring about the draft at this point. I just want it to be over.

I've never wanted an NFL draft to be "over" as much as I've wanted this draft to be over.

For me, there is no excitement, no anticipation, no nothing.

I blame Chiefsplanet.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9590777)
Dane, You calling Keg anything....You disillusioned ****. Shut your fat ass pie hole already you windbag. Go jerk off to the time Brad Pitt took the time to shake your hand.

Thanks

mcaj22 04-15-2013 10:36 PM

its going to be so funny if they cant trade out and they buck the trend at the first overall pick and take some bozo like Dion Jordan so I can come on here and watch this place explode

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590779)
I've never wanted an NFL draft to be "over" as much as I've wanted this draft to be over.

I blame Chiefsplanet.

Sorry about that, Sally.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 04-15-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

I blame Chiefsplanet.

I'm both excited and ready for it to be over.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9590788)
Sorry about that, Sally.
Posted via Mobile Device

No need to apologize there, Hooch.

You'll be the crying bitch come draft weekend, not me.

BossChief 04-15-2013 10:41 PM

There is a parallel universe somewhere that we signed Orton to a three year contract last offseason, won enough games to pick 13th and CP is live with talk about how we hope we trade up for Geno.

BossChief 04-15-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590600)
Everyone in the country is eligible for Stanford.

It's a damn shame that Smith chose West Virginia instead.

You know good and well what I mean.

If he was able to stay in the pro style offense he ran as a sophomore for his whole college career, he would be looked at differently because teams would look at him as more "pro ready"

Using Stanford was just an example.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9590782)
its going to be so funny if they cant trade out and they buck the trend at the first overall pick and take some bozo like Dion Jordan so I can come on here and watch this place explode

if we aren't gonna take a qb (and we aren't) and can't trade down, I want a pass rusher with elite upside.

Dion Jordan is that.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590808)

If he was able to stay in the pro style offense he ran as a sophomore for his whole college career, he would be looked at differently because teams would look at him as more "pro ready"

My apologies.

I did not know that you were referring to Stanford in that manner.

keg in kc 04-15-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

I blame Chiefsplanet.

It's a combination of Alex Smith and the draft class. Absolutely nothing exciting can happen.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9590852)
It's a combination of Alex Smith and the draft class. Absolutely nothing exciting can happen.

And truth be told, I think that's true for almost every NFL team in the Top Ten this season.

The most electrifying and exciting prospects aren't projected to go until after #10 overall, if not much later, so it's boring for just about anyone that's expecting their team to make an immediate, tangible upgrade next week.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590793)
No need to apologize there, Hooch.

You'll be the crying bitch come draft weekend, not me.

Nah. I've already come to terms with this team never getting it right. It's what they do.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 04-15-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590808)

if we aren't gonna take a qb (and we aren't) and can't trade down, I want a pass rusher with elite upside.

Dion Jordan is that.

Dion Jordan is the Ryan Tannehill of LBers

BossChief 04-15-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590848)
My apologies.

I did not know that you were referring to Stanford in that manner.

No worries.

BossChief 04-15-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9590859)
Dion Jordan is the Ryan Tannehill of LBers

I'd take that. Ryan Tanehill had a nice rookie season, IMO. It was overshadowed by Wilson, Luck and RG3, but he had a solid rookie year in his own right.

I wanted us to trade up in front of Miami to take him, too.

Micjones 04-15-2013 11:25 PM

Trading back would be the best-case scenario, but it seems highly unlikely at this point.
They need to stand pat and take Geno Smith. Then at least no one can say you haven't thoroughly answered the quarterback question.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9590884)
Trading back would be the best-case scenario, but it seems highly unlikely at this point.
They need to stand pat and take Geno Smith. Then at least no one can say you haven't thoroughly answered the quarterback question.

That's another reason to take him. Closure.

We haven't had psychological closure at the most important position in football in... well, ever.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Winning solves all.

Oh, oops, taking a QB in the first round solves all.

BossChief 04-15-2013 11:40 PM

When was the last time a quarterback that we drafted won a game for us?

Rasputin 04-15-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9590903)
That's another reason to take him. Closure.

We haven't had psychological closure at the most important position in football in... well, ever.

This and we never ever have an open competition & this would be good for that. They can say Alex Smith is the starter all they want but it is a competition and Alex Smiths job to lose. That would save face & make the rookie work for his spot & how hard he is willing to work to win it.

Sorter 04-15-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

That would be one of the dumbest reasons ever to draft a player.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9590917)

Questo

Sorter 04-15-2013 11:59 PM

I understand the fan sentiment. However, nobody that is sane is going to use that as a reason to draft a player.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9590917)

Yea, I had to laugh when I read that. Like Dorsey or Reid give a shit about the psychological well being of some whiny ****ers on a message board.