ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9500330)
Eh, if you say so. I can't trust Dame's word for shit anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

Says the guy that's never even muttered a coherent sentence

O.city 03-14-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500316)
Hali is slowing down and he's at a point where a replacement/depth player would be more than helpful. If you can rotate a similar player to Hali & Houston, your pass rushing will be far more efficient, especially in the 4th quarter.

See Osi Umenyora, Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck and JPP for proof over the years. It works.

At this point, I don't think it would be smart to take a guy in the first round who isn't an every down player.

Speaking of a rusher, any idea why Jordan didn't participate at his pro day today?

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500323)
LMAO

So you think donny avery and alex smith are just gonna ****ing light it up?

you drugged out hippie, been spending too much time in randy quaid's trailer

sober up and tell me tomorrow how much donnie avery and alex smith are gonna shred the nfl, queer

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9500328)
Trading down would be ideal. Takes a willing suitor though.

Buffalo is the only team in the NFL without a starting QB. Their GM was forced to release Fitzpatrick after being punked on air earlier this week.

If they don't move up to nab a QB, the GM is likely fired after this season.

DaFace 03-14-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9499741)
34=560
Mid second rounder (16th overall) is worth 420 points

The 16th pick is worth 1000.

You discount a pick a round when it's for the next year, so using your logic, the appropriate calculation would be 560 + 190 (mid third rounder) 750 (about pick #23 or 24).

Even then, you're assuming that Alex Smith meets all of the conditions to turn the pick into a #2 next year. If that happens, we traded the equivalent of a late first rounder for a QB that exceeded expectations.

If he doesn't (which is what a lot of people apparently expect), then it's worth 560 + 70 (mid fourth rounder) = 630 (about pick #29 or 30).

splatbass 03-14-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9498853)
Moving on sounds great to me.

As in you can stop clicking on the threads that aren't all rainbows and unicorns so you can try to "educate" all us that aren't happy with the shit trade for Alex Smith.

If you're getting tired of hearing us bitch, it's nobody's fault but yours.

Kind of hard to avoid since every ****ing thread is full of crying about it.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500316)
Hali is slowing down and he's at a point where a replacement/depth player would be more than helpful. If you can rotate a similar player to Hali & Houston, your pass rushing will be far more efficient, especially in the 4th quarter.

See Osi Umenyora, Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck and JPP for proof over the years. It works.

We don't play a 4-3, we likely don't even play a 1-gap 3-4, and we're talking about the first pick in the draft. For a situational pass rusher. Or, for the sake of argument, we're talking about something maybe as low as 8. And to justify that you're using JPP, who went 15, or Kiawanuka at 32, or Umenyiora at 56, or 74 for Tuck.

(Not to mention Houston at 70)

So maybe they can afford to wait on that one.

DTLB58 03-14-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9499654)
I understand that point but if Dorsey follows his old teams ways he won't be a big player in FA. Even if he is I think it will be like we are seeing right now, and he seems to be getting the guys he wants, even if over-paying a little. Once he gets a draft or two in I don't seem him being a FA guy.

Agree completely. Ive been sitting here thinking the past three days, we are not going to be seeing this kind of spending in FA once they get past year 1 or 2 and have this team more firmly in place of where they want it.

DaFace 03-14-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500309)
I don't know if it's worse than Cassel, but it's certainly as bad as. So much to give up for a guy nobody else wanted.

Look, I wish it'd been lower too, but I'm getting really tired of hearing this assumption presented as fact. All you need to drive a price up is one other bidder. It's entirely possible (and even likely) that there was at least one other team up against us.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:58 PM

I'd still take a pass rusher over a Right Tackle any day of the week. Even with Hali/Houston.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9500358)
Kind of hard to avoid since every ****ing thread is full of crying about it.

It's not all that hard to not go into a thread.

Also note how I'm in this thread, discussing something interesting (namely drafting a pass rusher earlier) instead of hopping on my soap box and trying to convince everyone everything sucks.

Or complaining about how happy everybody is in here.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500353)
So you think donny avery and alex smith are just gonna ****ing light it up?

Donnie Avery had nearly 800 yards and three TD's last season in Indy. He's most definitely an upgrade over Breaston, Baldwin and McCluster. Or would you care to argue otherwise?

As for Smith, I don't expect him to become Eli Manning but I expect him to protect the ball much better than Matt Cassel ever did and I expect him to actually deliver a catchable ball which will enable the receiver run up field.

Unlike Cassel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500353)
you drugged out hippie, been spending too much time in randy quaid's trailer

sober up and tell me tomorrow how much donnie avery and alex smith are gonna shred the nfl, queer

You're just ****ing weird.

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9500373)
Look, I wish it'd been lower too, but I'm getting really tired of hearing this assumption presented as fact. All you need to drive a price up is one other bidder. It's entirely possible (and even likely) that there was at least one other team up against us.

I thought I read Raiders and possibly Jets, but no idea where I saw it

keg in kc 03-14-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9500373)

I thought it pretty much was an accepted fact that nobody wanted him in 2012, hence he remained a 9er. That's what I'm referring to.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500363)
We don't play a 4-3, we likely don't even play a 1-gap 3-4, and we're talking about the first pick in the draft. For a situational pass rusher. Or, for the sake of argument, we're talking about something maybe as low as 8. And to justify that you're using JPP, who went 15, or Kiawanuka at 32, or Umenyiora at 56, or 74 for Tuck.

(Not to mention Houston at 70)

So maybe they can afford to wait on that one.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that the Chiefs pick at 1.1.

And as teams like the Houston Texans found out last year when they lost Brian Cushing, it's nice to have more than two pass rushing OLB's on hand.

BossChief 03-14-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500247)
How is it speculation? Because Alex Smith had the best QBR in the league before his concussion. He was kicking ****ing ass up and down the field.

You can't say that "he needed to be replaced to get to the Super Bowl" because there was absolutely nothing to indicate that the 49ers were anything other than a Super Bowl team before his injury.

They were in the NFC Championship game, scored as many points as the Patriots did against the very same defense, but took them to overtime.

Jesus ****ing Christ, my mind is a spinning from all of the pure ****ing outright bullshit that's been spewed about Alex Smith, whether it's from dumb****s or GoChiefs.

Not true.

If Alex Smith is a superbowl quarterback, how come Colin Kaepernick averaged over 100 more yards per game than him with the same exact team?

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500381)
I thought it pretty much was an accepted fact that nobody wanted him in 2012, hence he remained a 9er. That's what I'm referring to.

That's actually not true.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...ct-sources-say

O.city 03-14-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500384)
I don't think there's a chance in hell that the Chiefs pick at 1.1.

And as teams like the Houston Texans found out last year when they lost Brian Cushing, it's nice to have more than two pass rushing OLB's on hand.

IIRC, Cushing isn't really a pass rusher, but this is a logical statement.

I just don't think taking a situational player that high is quite what we should be looking at.

I would rather them just bite the bullet and take the tackle.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9500387)
Not true.

If Alex Smith is a superbowl quarterback, how come Colin Kaepernick averaged over 100 more yards per game than him with the same exact team?

Dude, I'm not going to engage in some ****ing speculative argument.

You've been pulling this shit all offseason and can ****ing stick it up your ass.

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500378)
Donnie Avery had nearly 800 yards and three TD's last season in Indy. He's most definitely an upgrade over Breaston, Baldwin and McCluster. Or would you care to argue otherwise?

I dont know much about avery, but Luck threw the ball a ton.....
4300 yards...

about 1.69 Donnie Averies more than smith ever has

take away those yards and almost 2 donnie averies disintegrate

DTLB58 03-14-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499790)
This amazes me, because you're way smarter than this.

Why trade for a guy who is about to be cut?

Had they signed Smith as a FA and drafted a guy for competition/development, I don't think anyone here would be upset.

But to commit to the guy for the foreseeable future based on the compensation you give to get him?

Spinning wheels.

What if someone else traded for him first? Do we know we were they only team interested?
If what they said at the Presser is true and Reid has had a woody for Smith for years and has inquired about him in the past even to try and get him to Philly he wasn't going to let him get away. If someone else was out there or the Niners were putting out fake feelers I guess they won because of how much Reid was smitten with Smith.

ArrowheadMagic 03-14-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500381)

Every FA that resigns does so because no one wants them?

O.city 03-14-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Not true.

Because Kaepernick is better?

Not sure how that hurts Smith.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9500337)
Alright, who do you think they should take outside of QB?

I think they should keep moving back repeatedly and stock up on as many middle-round picks as possible. I believe this would be a great draft to have 3 or 4 (or more) selections in the 2nd and 3rd.

If that's not an option, I go with the best player on the board, regardless of position. If that's Dion Jordan (to fit your scenario) then great. Sharrif Floyd or Sheldon Richardson? Okay. Joeckel or Fisher? I'll pretend it didn't happen.

If I absotively, posilutely have to give you a name, I think might actually go for the wild card and take a flyer on cordarrelle patterson.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500400)
I dont know much about avery, but Luck threw the ball a ton.....
4300 yards...

about 1.69 Donnie Averies more than smith ever has

And Alex Smith never had Donnie Avery or Reggie Wayne, even for a single season.

And before 2011, he'd never been coached by a competent coach, let alone COY like Luck.

BossChief 03-14-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500378)

As for Smith, I don't expect him to become Eli Manning but I expect him to protect the ball much better than Matt Cassel ever did and I expect him to actually deliver a catchable ball which will enable the receiver run up field.

Unlike Cassel.

You're just ****ing weird.

I didn't know Avery had that many yards.

DTLB58 03-14-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9500295)
Aside from Sean Smith, who ARE these ****s, anyway???
Posted via Mobile Device

If you truly don't know who they are, you have no business being here and voicing your opinion cause you don't know shit about football. Seriously.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500411)
I think they should keep moving back repeatedly and stock up on as many middle-round picks as possible. I believe this would be a great draft to have 3 or 4 (or more) selections in the 2nd and 3rd.

If that's not an option, I go with the best player on the board, regardless of position. If that's Dion Jordan (to fit your scenario) then great. Sharrif Floyd or Sheldon Richardson? Okay. Joeckel or Fisher? I'll pretend it didn't happen.

If I absotively, posilutely have to give you a name, I think might actually go for the wild card and take a flyer on cordarrelle patterson.

Floyd, Richardson and Jordan would have more of an immediate impact than any second or third round pick.

And if the Chiefs drafted Patterson, they'd have a logjam at WR, especially since they just resigned Bowe and signed Avery to a three year deal.

If they take a WR, it should be Tavon Austin.

O.city 03-14-2013 10:08 PM

If they are gonna take Jordan or Ansah, they absolutely have to trade down and get picks.

Nicks has pretty much cornholed himself into taking a QB. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get a whole hell of alot more out of him than people think right now.

ArrowheadMagic 03-14-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9500424)
If you truly don't know who they are, you have no business being here and voicing your opinion cause you don't know shit about football. Seriously.

He jumps on the first dick that moves... disregard any football post he has.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9500419)

http://www.nfl.com/player/donnieavery/184/profile

60 receptions, 781 yards, 3TD's. 13 yard average.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500411)

That's cool. I'd take the interior pass rusher in Floyd/Richardson (hoping we are 1 gap) since I can't have Geno. Yeah we've spent alot of resources on the spot, but Joke or Fisher wouldn't even be in discussion.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9500391)
The appropriate way of describing it fairly would be "nobody wanted him for the amount the 9ers were willing to take." That very well may have been higher than 2+(2 or 3).

Whatever the case was, what we're giving up for him is silly. We could literally get as much from a street free agent as he's going to give the team behind center.

That's my opinion, of course. Hopefully he far, far exceeds my low expectations.

And for the upteen-millionth time, because somebody will go there like they have 8 trillion times before this week, it really has nothing to do with Geno Smith.

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500430)

good luck without Andrew, and with 1500 less yards to go around & 200 less pass attempts

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9500427)
If they are gonna take Jordan or Ansah, they absolutely have to trade down and get picks.

Nicks has pretty much cornholed himself into taking a QB. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get a whole hell of alot more out of him than people think right now.

Buddy Nix has absolutely no business running an NFL franchise. Fortunately for the Chiefs in 2013, he does.

O.city 03-14-2013 10:10 PM

Alex Smith is alot better than he's getting credit for. Put him with Reid and he actually might end up being a top 12ish QB or higher.

Obviously Reid sees something in him.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500438)
good luck without Andrew, and with 1500 less yards to go around

Thanks for the well wishes

DaFace 03-14-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500433)
Whatever the case was, what we're giving up for him is silly. We could literally get as much from a street free agent as he's going to give the team behind center.

That's my opinion, of course. Hopefully he far, far exceeds my low expectations.

And for the upteen-millionth time, because somebody will go there like they have 8 trillion times before this week, it really has nothing to do with Geno Smith.

Out of curiosity, what other FA QB were you hoping for?

ArrowheadMagic 03-14-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9500419)

lol

BossChief 03-14-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500396)
Dude, I'm not going to engage in some ****ing speculative argument.

You've been pulling this shit all offseason and can ****ing stick it up your ass.

I never thought I'd see the day when Dane shoots down a fact based argument by calling it speculative after trying to prop up Alex Smith with untrue statements.

I was wrong.

O.city 03-14-2013 10:12 PM

We aren't going to be a running team anymore. No more ball control trust your defense football.

I just think they end up taking one of the tackles.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500433)

Really? Who? Which street free agent?

Because last I checked, anyone worth a ****ing shit wasn't available and those that were, signed as backups.

ArrowheadMagic 03-14-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9500445)

The team needs 2 maybe 3, cant draft them all.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500425)
Floyd, Richardson and Jordan would have more of an immediate impact than any second or third round pick.

Imagine that. Could be why I mentioned their names.
Quote:

And if the Chiefs drafted Patterson, they'd have a logjam at WR, especially since they just resigned Bowe and signed Avery to a three year deal.

I would love Tavon Austin, but not as early as we're talking about.

Isn't that kind of what we want Donnie Avery to be though, the speed threat?

In any case, I think the way they're filling the roster with 'guys,' there's going to be a logjam basically wherever they pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9500424)

Thank you fantasy football coach. Go **** yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9500440)
Alex Smith is alot better than he's getting credit for. Put him with Reid and he actually might end up being a top 12ish QB or higher.

PFF has him about a Top 10 QB the last 2 years, so his level of play may be in that range already.

splatbass 03-14-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9499072)
Bottom line is you aren't winning a Super Bowl with Alex Smith. Period.

Speculation.

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

you mean QBR? ROFL

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9500451)
We aren't going to be a running team anymore. No more ball control trust your defense football.

I would prefer they sign a guy to play right tackle or choose someone fro the current roster (Allen or Stephenson).

But if they DO choose a tackle, the only way I can personally justify it is that they'd be spending about $4.5 million per year on a good right tackle in free agency, which is approximately what they'd be spending if they choose a right tackle at 1.1.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

We aren't going to be a running team anymore. No more ball control trust your defense football. .

Which is exactly what makes Alex Smith so head scratching.

BossChief 03-14-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500430)

Good shit. I didn't think he was that productive.

Sure would be nice if Baldwin can give us something after facing Sean Smith in practice every day and we can use Avery in the slot.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500461)
Imagine that. Could be why I mentioned their names.I would love Tavon Austin, but not as early as we're talking about.

Isn't that kind of what we want Donnie Avery to be though, the speed threat?

In any case, I think the way they're filling the roster with 'guys,' there's going to be a logjam basically wherever they pick.

Austin's a pure slot guy, Avery isn't.

A little testy tonight? :D

Hammock Parties 03-14-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9500463)
PFF has him about a Top 10 QB the last 2 years, so his level of play may be in that range already.

18th last year.

If Alex Smith can get us to 13-3 by checking the ball down constantly and avoiding tough throws, by all means, go Alex.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

FA moves/releases/rumors certainly point to that. Don't like it, but looks likely at this point they go tackle. Got to get that trade down.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9500476)
18th last year.

If Alex Smith can get us to 13-3 by checking the ball down constantly and avoiding tough throws, by all means, go Alex.

Oh, you know he'd have been around 12th with a full season :evil: Hey, they exposed Cassel as a fraud, but are much kinder to Alex.

DTLB58 03-14-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9500329)
Someone said this on twitter today. Made alot of sense.

"Game is all about the QB. Get one, protect one, get to one."

We'll like it or not, we've got one who our FO thinks is pretty good. We need to either get someone to protect him, or get someone who can get to the other ones.

It's the old Bill Walsh way of winning.

3 things. QB, LT and a Pass rusher that can get to the opposing teams QB in the 4th Quarter!

Question: What happen to Allen Bailey? I remember this guy coming on real strong the second half of 2011 and then last season, nothing. With all the talk of another pass rusher I would think this guy could be a candidate.

O.city 03-14-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500468)
I would prefer they sign a guy to play right tackle or choose someone fro the current roster (Allen or Stephenson).

But if they DO choose a tackle, the only way I can personally justify it is that they'd be spending about $4.5 million per year on a good right tackle in free agency, which is approximately what they'd be spending if they choose a right tackle at 1.1.

Reid has stated how badly he wants bookends. Maybe they do view Stephenson or Allen as that, dunno.

But if they think Fisher could be an all pro at RT and Albert an all pro at LT, I see the point there.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9500429)
He jumps on the first dick that moves... disregard any football post he has.

Not true, I jumped on your wife's pussy last night; does that count?
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 03-14-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9500445)

Honestly? I didn't even think about it. It was obvious for weeks Alex Smith was their guy, so why bother...

As far as available names, I'd rather have Fitzpatrick for free than Smith for the price we paid. Jason Campbell, too, maybe.

O.city 03-14-2013 10:19 PM

Look at the 9ers offense once Kaep took over. Yeah, it was alot more dynamic, but **** me, Kaep is a stud. It's not like it was a slap dick took over there.

Even with that, they weren't a total air it out team. They basically were a 90's Marty team with a stud at QB, but they are a physical run the football defensive team.

BossChief 03-14-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9500356)
You discount a pick a round when it's for the next year, so using your logic, the appropriate calculation would be 560 + 190 (mid third rounder) 750 (about pick #23 or 24).

Even then, you're assuming that Alex Smith meets all of the conditions to turn the pick into a #2 next year. If that happens, we traded the equivalent of a late first rounder for a QB that exceeded expectations.

If he doesn't (which is what a lot of people apparently expect), then it's worth 560 + 70 (mid fourth rounder) = 630 (about pick #29 or 30).

Any way we slice it, we traded the equivalent of a mid to late first for Alex Smith and it sure would be nice if it works out.

It's been a long time since Chiefs football was actually fun to watch.

O.city 03-14-2013 10:20 PM

Thing wiht the price we paid, if he turns out to be a top 10 QB in the NFL, it doesn't matter. Especially if we are able to trade down, which we will be for something, and recoup some picks.

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9500507)
Any way we slice it, we traded the equivalent of a mid to late first for Alex Smith and it sure would be nice if it works out.

It's been a long time since Chiefs football was actually fun to watch.

:grouphug:

aMEN..

keg in kc 03-14-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500475)
Austin's a pure slot guy, Avery isn't.

A little testy tonight?

Actually yes, a little testy, but not about anything here. Work stuff.

Avery could end up being a good signing if he can continue to be healthy. Potentially the best #2 we've had here in a very long time.

'course we don't have anybody who can get him the ball down the field, so maybe he should be in the slot.

DTLB58 03-14-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500425)

I'd love him for ST but I'm not to thrilled with a 5'8" guy being one of my star WR's in the NFL. It can happen. I think Welker and Amendola are both within a few inches of that. But it will take a special player and a coaching staff to really commit to get the player in the right positions to make him successful.

I just am leery after Dante Hall and McCluster experiments at WR.

Discuss Thrower 03-14-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Obviously Clark sees something in him.

FYP

O.city 03-14-2013 10:24 PM

For better or worse, Reid is gonna have Smith throwing the ball down the field.

philfree 03-14-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9500506)
Look at the 9ers offense once Kaep took over. Yeah, it was alot more dynamic, but **** me, Kaep is a stud. It's not like it was a slap dick took over there.

Even with that, they weren't a total air it out team. They basically were a 90's Marty team with a stud at QB, but they are a physical run the football defensive team.

They also hit the Ds with a new wrinkle that really played to his strength of running with the ball.

DTLB58 03-14-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9500462)
Thank you fantasy football coach. Go **** yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't play, but thanks anyways. :p

keg in kc 03-14-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9500521)
I'd love him for ST but I'm not to thrilled with a 5'8" guy being one of my star WR's in the NFL. It can happen. I think Welker and Amendola are both within a few inches of that. But it will take a special player and a coaching staff to really commit to get the player in the right positions to make him successful.

I just am leery after Dante Hall and McCluster experiments at WR.

He's not Hall or McCluster. They were shifty guys with no real top-end speed (although Hall had much more than McCluster) and no vision at all. Austin has the pure speed to run away from corners. He's also very good at finding seams in defenses. I think he's going to be a good one.

I think Steadman Bailey's going to be a star, too.

BossChief 03-14-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9500509)
Thing wiht the price we paid, if he turns out to be a top 10 QB in the NFL, it doesn't matter. Especially if we are able to trade down, which we will be for something, and recoup some picks.

Here is what they should do if they are gonna take a tackle that high...I don't like it, but it's whatever.

Trade Albert to a team in the teens that needs a left tackle...hopefully for a mid to late first.
Trade down, adding a first next year.
Draft Fisher, Joeckel or Johnson.

O.city 03-14-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9500539)
Here is what they should do if they are gonna take a tackle that high...I don't like it, but it's whatever.

Trade Albert to a team in the teens that needs a left tackle...hopefully for a mid to late first.

Why? Just put the guy at RT, sign Albert and don't worry about it.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9500528)
They also hit the Ds with a new wrinkle that really played to his strength of running with the ball.

They were running the freaking pistol. The gimmick was getting them yards as much as anything Kaepernick himself did. Similar to the Thigpen gimick a few years back, albeit on a much higher level. Teams will figure that out. Kaepernick, I think, has a lot of growing left to do. I'm admittedly one of the few people not sold on him, however.

splatbass 03-14-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500377)
It's not all that hard to not go into a thread.

Also note how I'm in this thread, discussing something interesting (namely drafting a pass rusher earlier) instead of hopping on my soap box and trying to convince everyone everything sucks.

Or complaining about how happy everybody is in here.

You've been bitching about Alex Smith as much as anyone - in this thread and in a lot of others too.

I'm actually pretty surprised at the way you've been acting lately. I thought all these years that you were pretty level headed, but you have really gone off the deep end lately.

O.city 03-14-2013 10:30 PM

IMO, the reason alot of these rookies are doing what they are doing is the same reason Kaep was so good. It's a really simplified offense or atleast they start simple and work their way up.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9500547)
You've been bitching about Alex Smith as much as anyone - in this thread and in a lot of others too.

I'm actually pretty surprised at the way you've been acting lately. I thought all these years that you were pretty level headed, but you have really gone off the deep end lately.

I didn't realize I had to have your permission to have an opinion. I must've missed that memo.

noa 03-14-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9500539)

Good stuff in theory, but they are in win-now mode. They can't trade Albert and be stuck with a rookie T on one side and an unproven T on the other side and still be in win-now mode.

splatbass 03-14-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Not true.

Because he can run and thus adds another dimension to the offense. His running ability opens up the passing game.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500520)
Actually yes, a little testy, but not about anything here. Work stuff.

Just teasin' you, K. You know I love, Brother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500520)
Avery could end up being a good signing if he can continue to be healthy. Potentially the best #2 we've had here in a very long time.

'course we don't have anybody who can get him the ball down the field, so maybe he should be in the slot.

If Smith continues to be accurate on the short and intermediate routes, YAC is definitely a factor and Avery has the speed to make things happen.

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9500547)

I think some people are just genuinely stunned and disappointed in the move.....bitching is a way to process it......

Me - I'm nearly done bitching.....and I really hope the worry was/is unfounded......I would enjoy an 8-8 season, if it looked like we could keep improving....

CHIEFS!!