ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs better get a New DB fast. Denver and Wes ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271094)

Exoter175 03-13-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9494518)
Draft the best possible pass rusher and put that mother****er in on 2nd and 3rd down with Tamba and Houston.

That's really the only option now.

I think you meant, draft the best bump and run man coverage DB and stick him on Welker.

Sorter 03-13-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494402)
Wes Welker is and has been the most dangerous and productive receiver in this league. He is not a possession receiver like Johnson, or Green, he is a slot receiver. He is small, and he gets wide open better than anyone in this league, and Tom Brady and the Patriots utilized that to the fullesct extent while Welker was there.

Because of this, they were able to eliminate the pass rush, created more first downs as an offense by comparison to your other receiver's teams did against common opponents, won more often, and put up more points.

It is because of Welker's skill of getting open, that Brady and that offense could do what it did against the pass rush, neutralizing pro bowlers and future hall of famers, so they could win games.

Calvin Johnson doesn't eliminate the pass rush, neither does AJ Green, Julio Jones, Roddy White, or Brandon Marshall.

You are closed minded, and thinking inside the box.

You think my claim is based on pure talent, it isn't. AJ Green is the best receiver in this league in terms of talent, period. Calvin is #2, Fitz is #3.

Those three can't touch Welker's skills at getting open in the slot to eliminate the pass rush.

Of course, you didn't think of it that way, because you don't think about the big picture.

People here are saying, "Oh, we just need to hit manning and hurt his neck to neutralize him and Welker", you won't get a chance to hit manning because he'll have already thrown the ball to Welker because he was wide open because you blitzed him and didn't cover Welker.

ROFL, Calvin, Johnson, Green and Roddy have all lined up in the slot.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494517)
You don't get it, you really don't. I can't explain a philosophy to you if you lack the ability to see the WHOLE picture.

Wes Welker is the best slot receiver to ever play. One of the best receivers to ever play, period.

Lets just leave it at that, or you'll have serious trouble trying to keep up.

So then you do realize that a play designed to go 7 yards, with a release of seconds after the ball is snapped, which eliminates the rush, is a strength of someone who can get open in that time?

I'm glad you agree that Wes Welker is ****ing awesome and just because a huge boost for the Broncos who do not have a slot receiver with the same skillset, and have now eliminated our pass rush by the mere stroke of a pen.

Now get out.

Sweetheart - nothing you will ever say will be lost on me.

I'm not the one that wrote a check my ass can't cash. Yeah "Brilliant hands" from a guy that drops 10% of the passes that get go him.

C'mon, champ - explain to me how a goddamn slot WR keeps pass-rushers off the field. More critically, how a good one does so any more effectively than an average one would. What in Welker's skill set makes him so good at getting open? Nothing - that's what. He's just the benefactor of a spread out offense that creates intermediate zones and a QB that has the timing of his offense down to an art. Tom Brady throws Wes Welker open far more often than not.

Educate me on how a guy with a slightly above average first step is able to just open himself up within the first 2 steps of his route when the CB is giving him 4 steps of cushion. I'm here to suckle at the knowledge of a guy that thinks Wes Welker should be mentioned in the same breath as Jerry !@#$ing Rice.

And really, you should put this down as some sort of position paper because the entire NFL fails to see your brilliance here. Surely such a deadly weapon would garner more than $6 million on the open market.

notorious 03-13-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9494513)
Nah ... Danny Amendola or whatever his name is out there. If they can keep their 2 TEs healthy and if they can get someone like Danny on board, lock up Edleman... they're crusing dude.

For that price and production, it's a hard sell.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9494537)

Nope, Wes Welker has magical mystery sauce that makes him better at shaking a CB in 2 steps than Calvin !@#$ing Johnson is.

CJ can't play the slot. Because Exoter said so.

Exoter175 03-13-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9494537)

Funny how you say "have" but don't say "do".

Because they aren't slot receivers, they don't predominantly line up in the slot, only a fraction of their plays are they remotely even near the slot lol.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9494546)
Sweetheart - nothing you will ever say will be lost on me.

I'm not the one that wrote a check my ass can't cash. Yeah "Brilliant hands" from a guy that drops 10% of the passes that get go him.

C'mon, champ - explain to me how a goddamn slot WR keeps pass-rushers off the field. More critically, how a good one does so any more effectively than an average one would. What in Welker's skill set makes him so good at getting open? Nothing - that's what. He's just the benefactor of a spread out offense that creates intermediate zones and a QB that has the timing of his offense down to an art. Tom Brady throws Wes Welker open far more often than not.

Educate me on how a guy with a slightly above average first step is able to just open himself up within the first 2 steps of his route when the CB is giving him 4 steps of cushion. I'm here to suckle at the knowledge of a guy that thinks Wes Welker should be mentioned in the same breath as Jerry !@#$ing Rice.

And really, you should put this down as some sort of position paper because the entire NFL fails to see your brilliance here. Surely such a deadly weapon would garner more than $6 million on the open market.

Why would I waste time explaining something I've already explained?

Just go re-read if you want the explanation.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-13-2013 04:47 PM

Won't mean shit when father time catches up to Papa Peyton. Hell, that or more cold, postseason weather shriveling the nutsack.

Denver Mike 03-13-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9493446)
I love the fact that Denver is breaking the bank on a bunch of old players. We play our cards right we could own this division for a decade if we build our team right.

This is the most hopefully-pathetic post i've read in a while.

Denver is still a ways under the cap, and most of our players are on short term, cap friendly deals. Look @ the Welker deal.. 2 years for 12 million? For Wes Welker that is not breaking the bank by any means.

KC won a total of 2 games last year.. you aren't owning shit.

listopencil 03-13-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9494029)
The Broncos will suffer the same fate if they worry too much about putting toys around an aging Peyton and not enough about getting the defense top-notch.

Good thing they aren't doing that.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-13-2013 04:51 PM

You don't go out and force a move because of this shit. If you can get a guy for the right price fine, but don't panic and break the bank for a Sean Smith cause the Donx signed Welker.

Taco John 03-13-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9494555)
Nope, Wes Welker has magical mystery sauce that makes him better at shaking a CB in 2 steps than Calvin !@#$ing Johnson is.

CJ can't play the slot. Because Exoter said so.

Holy shit. Are you for real?

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494563)

Because they aren't slot receivers, they don't predominantly line up in the slot, only a fraction of their plays are they remotely even near the slot lol.

Ah. So now slot WRs are actually the most dangerous WRs in the NFL - not the guys that line up wide. The true baromoter for dangerous is not the ability to catch passes...but rather the ability to catch passes from the slot. And once again - Calvin Johnson can't do that, eh? New math, I s'pose.

Quote:

That's right - Wes Welker just 'gets open'. Doesn't have a premier first step. Doesn't have great hands. Just has that nebulous 'route-running' ability that you can't identify but you're just dead certain it exists. He's so unbelievably good at route running that on a simple quick out, he's able to leave poor hapless corners staring at dust clouds like Wile E. Coyote.

It has nothing to do with the system or the fact that Brady could run that offense in his sleep.

The Patriots will be just fine without Wes Welker.

Exoter175 03-13-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9494564)
Won't mean shit when father time catches up to Papa Peyton. Hell, that or more cold, postseason weather shriveling the nutsack.

We said that last year. Didn't go as planned.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9494596)
That's right - Wes Welker just 'gets open'. Doesn't have a premier first step. Doesn't have great hands. Just has that nebulous 'route-running' ability that you can't identify but you're just dead certain it exists. He's so unbelievably good at route running that on a simple quick out, he's able to leave poor hapless corners staring at dust clouds like Wile E. Coyote.

It has nothing to do with the system or the fact that Brady could run that offense in his sleep.

The Patriots will be just fine without Wes Welker.

You act like he has stone hands, he doesn't.

You don't catch 100+ balls in a season with bad hands, you certainly don't even get 100 looks with bad hands, and you certainly don't get an entire game planned around getting you the ball if you have bad hands.

Get out of here detractor.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494623)

You don't catch 100+ balls in a season with bad hands, you certainly don't even get 100 looks with bad hands, and you certainly don't get an entire game planned around getting you the ball if you have bad hands.

He has average hands.

Very very average hands. In fact, the most dangerous WR in the game dropped a ball that cost the Patriots the Super Bowl mere months ago then dropped another one that cost them the AFC championship game just a few months after that one.

Can't live without that guy around.

Sorter 03-13-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494563)

Sorry.

All of them "do" line up in the slot and are productive there.

If pure slot WRs were so valuable, then why the **** is Amendola not going to get much money along with Welker, Davon Bess, and others?

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 05:14 PM

Because Amendola doesn't have Welker's superior hands.

Rams Fan 03-13-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9494654)
Sorry.

If pure slot WRs were so valuable, then why the **** is Amendola not going to get much money along with Welker, Davon Bess, and others?

Because Amendola is an injury prone mother ****er.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-13-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494623)

Well, yeah. He's old as ****. Happens to us all and hits you harder in every calender year.

Rams Fan 03-13-2013 05:26 PM

And Amendola has reportedly signed with the Pats.

FML

Mile High Mania 03-13-2013 05:30 PM

Yep - Danny Amendola signs with NE... another Texas Tech receiver, 5-9 and started in 17 of 42 games with STL over the last 4 seasons. Not a bad player ... nobody thought much of Welker when they pulled him out of Miami either, so we'll see.

5 year deal I think... $35M with $10M guaranteed?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-13-2013 05:32 PM

If he stays healthy it really won't be much of a drop off at all if any. Danny can play. Problem is he won't.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 05:32 PM

I'm looking forward to Danny Amendola becoming the most dangerous WR in the league.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-13-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9494771)
I'm looking forward to Danny Amendola becoming the most dangerous WR in the league.

LMAO Not reading this whole abortion, but did someone lay that claim to Lil Wes?

RunKC 03-13-2013 05:36 PM

Welcome to KC Shariff Floyd.

Plan B. Ziggy Ansah.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9494775)
LMAO Not reading this whole abortion, but did someone lay that claim to Lil Wes?

Yup.

One of the most dangerous of all time, no less.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-13-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9494784)
Yup.

One of the most dangerous of all time, no less.

Ohhhhh boy. Knowmo just JIHP lurking that.

Setsuna 03-13-2013 05:39 PM

ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO
Y'all are such punk ass bitches. Y'all are in denial that your team is about to get shit on by EVERY team in the AFC West. It's hilarious really. "Wes Welker doesn't scare me." Then you must love being butt raped. GTFO. The Chiefs are ****ed.

Mile High Mania 03-13-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9494769)
If he stays healthy it really won't be much of a drop off at all if any. Danny can play. Problem is he won't.

Durability is his problem, only played 1 full season and missed 20 games the last 2 seasons. Good luck with all that.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-13-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9494797)
ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO
Y'all are such punk ass bitches. Y'all are in denial that your team is about to get shit on by EVERY team in the AFC West. It's hilarious really. "Wes Welker doesn't scare me." Then you must love being butt raped. GTFO. The Chiefs are ****ed.

Yeah and the Colts/Texans own your bitch ass team for the very near future.

Exoter175 03-13-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9494627)
He has average hands.

Very very average hands. In fact, the most dangerous WR in the game dropped a ball that cost the Patriots the Super Bowl mere months ago then dropped another one that cost them the AFC championship game just a few months after that one.

Can't live without that guy around.

When you catch 20 balls a game.............

**** it, you're right. He's so bad he'll never make the history books.

Except, he has, like 7 times now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9494654)
Sorry.

They do not line up in the slot, typically, or predominantly. AJ Green lines up on the outside at least 85% of his snaps, as do the rest of them.

Amendola just got 30 million for 5 years, that's not bad at all.

Pure slot receivers are valuable, but they aren't numerous. You don't need more than 1 slot receiver on a team, but you do need 2 outside receivers. There is a smaller market for slot receivers because of this, and they don't pay well for it.

Wes Welker cannot be nearly as productive as he is, on the outside. His size won't allow it. However, if you stick him in the slot, suddenly he's one of the most productive receivers to ever play the game.

How do you put a value on that?

As for Davone Bess, he lines up outside quite a bit. It largely depends on the talent they have there in Miami, he's a very versatile guy who doesn't specifically fit into either mold, but plays either position decently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9494720)
Well, yeah. He's old as ****. Happens to us all and hits you harder in every calender year.

No, last year we said, "Oh, peyton is coming off surgery, he's over the hill, lost his arm, he won't be a threat".

Then he smoked us. And I say "we" and "us" as a fan base, because I didn't say those words, Instead, I drafted Peyton as my #2 QB in Fantasy Football because I knew better.

hometeam 03-13-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO

Who is in denial? CP as a whole is pretty football savvy and generally speaking, we know we are going to suck again.

Also. Eat a dick.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494860)

If I wasn't giving him credit for the volume of passes he did catch, I'd say he has the worst hands in the league; seeing as how he's led the league in drops over the last 4 seasons.

However, when giving him credit for said volume, his drop rate is merely average.

His hands don't even rate as 'good'. They're just average.

Amendola is as good or better than Wes Welker; durability is the only concern.

Setsuna 03-13-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9494832)
Yeah and the Colts/Texans own your bitch ass team for the very near future.

You act like I ever had hope or high expectations for the Jags. You MUST be high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9494865)
Who is in denial? CP as a whole is pretty football savvy and generally speaking, we know we are going to suck again.

Also. Eat a dick.

No you didn't read what I said. I didn't say you'd suck, I said you're ****ed. Meaning Welker makes it 10 times easier for Manning to preserve what remains of his waning arm strength during games because he's so good at the slot. Stokely doesn't have shit on Wes. They actually still have a chance at the playoffs due to this fact. To think he won't make a large impact on that team is exactly what I said it was. Denial and stupidity.

silver5liter 03-13-2013 06:22 PM

Are all these cb's waiting for someone to sign to set the mark?

Sorter 03-13-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9494771)

This.

I'll LMAO if his # in NE is 83.

Mother****erJones 03-13-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO

Better than being a bundle of sticksuar fan! Enjoy another shitty year Aids contractor

RyFo18 03-13-2013 06:33 PM

Denver got better today. It sucks, but it is what it is. The good news is that in 2015 none of their top 3 WRs will be under contract, unless they extend Decker next year.

The Bad Guy 03-13-2013 06:35 PM

I'm glad that loser KnowMo is leaving rep for people on this board.

What a ****ing loser you are. I was hoping you offed yourself when Rahim Moore whiffed almost as bad as your parents did when you were born

Easy 6 03-13-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494860)

They do not line up in the slot, typically, or predominantly. AJ Green lines up on the outside at least 85% of his snaps, as do the rest of them.

Amendola just got 30 million for 5 years, that's not bad at all.

Pure slot receivers are valuable, but they aren't numerous. You don't need more than 1 slot receiver on a team, but you do need 2 outside receivers. There is a smaller market for slot receivers because of this, and they don't pay well for it.

Wes Welker cannot be nearly as productive as he is, on the outside. His size won't allow it. However, if you stick him in the slot, suddenly he's one of the most productive receivers to ever play the game.

How do you put a value on that?

As for Davone Bess, he lines up outside quite a bit. It largely depends on the talent they have there in Miami, he's a very versatile guy who doesn't specifically fit into either mold, but plays either position decently.

No, last year we said, "Oh, peyton is coming off surgery, he's over the hill, lost his arm, he won't be a threat".

Then he smoked us. And I say "we" and "us" as a fan base, because I didn't say those words, Instead, I drafted Peyton as my #2 QB in Fantasy Football because I knew better.

How about a BIG HAND for blackbobs even MORE stubborn older brother, everybody! :clap:

RyFo18 03-13-2013 06:41 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Yes. RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/pff">pff</a>: In 2012 RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/erikfrenz">erikfrenz</a>: According to @<a href="https://twitter.com/pff">pff</a>: Welker's drop rate in the slot: 12.9 %. Amendola's drop rate in the slot: 1.9 %.</p>&mdash; Erik Frenz (@ErikFrenz) <a href="https://twitter.com/ErikFrenz/status/312000171477184514">March 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9495015)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Yes. RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/pff">pff</a>: In 2012 RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/erikfrenz">erikfrenz</a>: According to @<a href="https://twitter.com/pff">pff</a>: Welker's drop rate in the slot: 12.9 %. Amendola's drop rate in the slot: 1.9 %.</p>&mdash; Erik Frenz (@ErikFrenz) <a href="https://twitter.com/ErikFrenz/status/312000171477184514">March 14, 2013</a></blockquote>

BUT LOTS OF CATCHES!!!!!!!!

It has nothing to do with the system or force-feeding the guy 13 targets/gm or anything.

Routes. It's all routes. Wes Welker has figured out a way to create the most confusing crossing route in the history of crossing routes.

Mile High Mania 03-13-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9495015)

What is the actual games played and targets for the 2 the last 2 seasons?

Mile High Mania 03-13-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9494986)
Denver got better today. It sucks, but it is what it is. The good news is that in 2015 none of their top 3 WRs will be under contract, unless they extend Decker next year.

Lots of time to focus on ... 2015, no?

RyFo18 03-13-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9495023)
Lots of time to focus on ... 2015, no?

Sure. The Welker contract gives them flexibility. I thought it would be more.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-13-2013 06:55 PM

Now ,if Manning would just go down with a herniated disc we'd all be like LMAO :p :D :thumb:

Jobomb 03-13-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9494986)

They'll have cap room along with bigger problems in a couple of years if Manning retires. It will be interesting. Von will get big, big money.

Mother****erJones 03-13-2013 07:41 PM

Id still take Welker at 2 yrs over 5 yrs of Amendola who cant stay healthy. Come on now.

listopencil 03-13-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9493949)

Edit: as for Dumervil, it is still in talks but the financing for the most part is done.

From Mike Klis:

Dumervil decision likely to wait til Friday

Another day with no progress in contract talks between the Broncos and defensive end Elvis Dumervil.

The two sides do not appear close on how to re-do the $12 million salary Dumervil is scheduled to make in 2013. That salary would become guaranteed if he’s on the team’s roster Saturday.

The Broncos are hoping Dumervil will accept a pay cut. Dumervil’s agent, Marty Magid, sent in a proposal where his client would take less money in 2013, but that reduction would then be added on to the final two years of the existing contract. Dumervil is on the books for a non-guaranteed $10 million in 2014 and $8 million in 2015.

If the two sides don’t agree on a new deal by Friday, the Broncos may release Dumervil and sign veteran pass-rushing end Dwight Freeney.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-friday/18880/

ClevelandBronco 03-13-2013 08:47 PM

Wes Welker has always reminded me of a white Wes Welker.

Amnorix 03-13-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9494496)
Patriot fans should be pissed.

Why? If Amendola stays healthy this isn't really a problem. They went younger and Amendola has comparable skills. All else being equal, that's fine. I will say that Welker's stock has been hurt by some key drops the last two years. Before that, I hardly remember any drops, but the last two years, OUCH.

We love him. He's been a fan favorite, but we've seen this play before. Older players get churned over RELENTLESSLY under Belichick. Richard Seymour was only the most glaring example.

Bottom line, if Amendola and the TEs stay healthy and we get a solid Z, then our offense should be perfectly fine.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9495525)
Why? If Amendola stays healthy this isn't really a problem. They went younger and Amendola has comparable skills. All else being equal, that's fine. I will say that Welker's stock has been hurt by some key drops the last two years. Before that, I hardly remember any drops, but the last two years, OUCH.

We love him. He's been a fan favorite, but we've seen this play before. Older players get churned over RELENTLESSLY under Belichick. Richard Seymour was only the most glaring example.

Bottom line, if Amendola and the TEs stay healthy and we get a solid Z, then our offense should be perfectly fine.

You're nuts.

You guys just lost the most dangerous receiver in football and a guy that is clearly one of the greatest WRs of all time...

Jesus...the more I read it, the dumber it looks.

Exoter - you're an idiot.

Amnorix 03-13-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9494830)
Durability is his problem, only played 1 full season and missed 20 games the last 2 seasons. Good luck with all that.

Wes has been very, very durable, but at some point he's going to start breaking down pretty fast, I think. He's taken an absolutely hellacious beating the last five years. With the sheer volume of catches he's made, it's almost RB-esque. That might be part of why the Pats want to move on. :shrug:

Not saying he WILL break down in the next two years, mind you. If there's one thing I've learned, it's NOT to underestimate Welker. Guy is a stud.

Sorter 03-13-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9495525)

And he wasn't even that old.

Bottom line, Pats will not over pay for old players unless they are HOF talents (Randy Moss says "**** yeah bitches") but even Randy didn't get overpaid.

Amnorix 03-13-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9495548)
You're nuts.

You guys just lost the most dangerous receiver in football and a guy that is clearly one of the greatest WRs of all time...

Jesus...the more I read it, the dumber it looks.

Exoter - you're an idiot.

ROFL. He is an idito, but if Welker doesn't have 8+ catches, at least three of which are converting first down, against you guys in his first game against the Chiefs, I'll eat my hat.

But yeah, he's not what Exoter seems to think.

Amnorix 03-13-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9495557)

Bottom line, Pats will not over pay for old players unless they are HOF talents (Randy Moss says "**** yeah bitches") but even Randy didn't get overpaid.

Yep.

Seymour was 29 when we traded him away. It was him or Wilfork, and Pats decided to keep Wilfork. Brutal to lose him, but the right call. According to reports he wasn't the best locker room guy for the Pats either, so between that and the mega-contract he wanted and his age, his time was up in NE.

tk13 03-13-2013 08:57 PM

Can Welker put a side mirror on a car faster than Hootie? I'm confused.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9495560)
ROFL. He is an idito, but if Welker doesn't have 8+ catches, at least three of which are converting first down, against you guys in his first game against the Chiefs, I'll eat my hat.

But yeah, he's not what Exoter seems to think.

Like I said, he's smart to have latched on with Manning. That's the only guy in the NFL that uses his slot receivers as well as Brady.

Your numbers for Welker are fair but it'll be because of Manning, not Welker. 8 is maybe a wee high though; we've shut him down before - 6 seems like a good figure. In the end, if Welker's catching 8, I'm happy. Those are 2 balls that could've gone to Thomas and Thomas may do some real damage with them.

SAUTO 03-13-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9493949)
I don't know the specifics of the offer yet, but I don't think he'll walk away from New England unless the offer was right around 7.5-8 per year or higher, and he's too good to get an offer shorter than 3 years.

I've heard a ton of rumors today, probably ones you haven't, but it'll all be the same.

I think overall Amendola was pegged to fill in for Wes Welker if he moved out, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats tossed a tiny contract at Julian Edelman to keep him, Danny doesn't go to the Pats, and signs a new contract with the Rams.

Edit: as for dumervil, it is still in talks but the financing for the most part is done.

lol.

Spot on post.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9495637)
lol.

Spot on post.
Posted via Mobile Device

Batting 1.000, isn't he?

He's the most accurate poster on Chiefs Planet today

SAUTO 03-13-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9495659)
Batting 1.000, isn't he?

He's the most accurate poster on Chiefs Planet today

At least Welker can sleep good knowing he has three super bowl rings.

he bought the strength trainers rings that pawn stars owned. he sure didn't win them
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-13-2013 09:22 PM

But if extorter says it it's true. He knows more about football than the next 35 posters combined. His words
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus 03-13-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9495560)
if Welker doesn't have 8+ catches, at least three of which are converting first down, against you guys in his first game against the Chiefs, I'll eat my hat.

Ill hold you to that.

Amnorix 03-13-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9495734)
Ill hold you to that.

No problem. I have an iron-clad all predictions right or your money back guarantee in effect.

Sorter 03-13-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9495795)
No problem. I have an iron-clad all predictions right or your money back guarantee in effect.

Is it like a baseball hat or one of those western big hats?

#1 Bronco's Fan 03-13-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9494258)
No, he's not... if he was such a gamebreaker, the pats offense wouldnt have put up a measly 13 points against baltimore, even without gronk.

He's an excellent slot guy who's quick out of his breaks and has great hands... but without other players helping keep the heat off of him, he's easily accounted for and contained.

He's a great complementary player, but not a true difference maker who can line up anywhere and consistently win that battle.

So you are putting the whole NE performance on Wes Welker? Really? Well, I guess if you can say that than I can say Wes Welker is responsible for NE begin the top offense in the NFL the last 5 years. It was all Wes!!!

The truth is any team can stop Welker whenever they want. Put a CB on him and then do not blitz the Lbers and keep them in the middle and shallow. When Welker comes on his crossing route you knock the dog shit out of him. Now you can do this but if your LBers are playing Welker then there will be a big hole in the medium middle of the field for TE seem routes and Thomas and Decker crossing routes. Any team will be able to stop Welker this year, but it is not a good game plan that is for sure.

#1 Bronco's Fan 03-13-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9495684)

he bought the strength trainers rings that pawn stars owned. he sure didn't win them
Posted via Mobile Device

As opposed to all the rings Chief's players have?? Your post is idiotic.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-13-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9495684)

Posted via Mobile Device

LMAOLMAO

Hammock Parties 03-13-2013 11:59 PM

It's cool that the Patriots refuse to sign real WRs to play with Brady.

It would be a shame if they challenged the Ravens again, or got someone that let Brady throw 50 TDs again.

That would be sickening.

Keep that dink and dunk offense and see how well it does in the playoffs again!

Imon Yourside 03-14-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9496319)

It would be a shame if they challenged the Ravens again, or got someone that let Brady throw 50 TDs again.

That would be sickening.

Thickening...jus'....Thickening.

DJ's left nut 03-14-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9496319)

That would be sickening.

Impossible.

You mean the Patriots might actually be better with someone other than Wes Welker as their primary option?

Who would this person be? The deadliester WR in the NFL? We already know that CJ, AJ, Julio Jones and Brandon Marshall aren't that guy - because Exorter told us so. Who is this adonis of a pass-catcher?

Mile High Mania 03-14-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9495557)

I get all that and they've played the game well to avoid cap issues... but, they're rolling dice with Danny. Dude has missed 20 games in the last 2 seasons thanks to injury. There are 'similarities' between him and Welker, but that's about it right now.

Seems like a gamble they could have avoided to me considering how many years Brady likely has left and the price paid for Danny, compared to Wes.

SAUTO 03-14-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobet selur (Post 9496309)
As opposed to all the rings Chief's players have?? Your post is idiotic.

Follow along dumbass
Posted via Mobile Device

Amnorix 03-14-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9495805)
Is it like a baseball hat or one of those western big hats?

Well, it's kinda girly to be honest...

http://prettycoolcakes.com/images/Hat-Cake.jpg

Amnorix 03-14-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9496509)
Seems like a gamble they could have avoided to me considering how many years Brady likely has left and the price paid for Danny, compared to Wes.

Boston sports talk radio is basically taking this position, which certainly does make alot of sense.

Seems like the right answer here is resign Wes for 2-3 years and try to find a bigger outside WR threat to better complement the rest of our talent, not to roll the dice by getting younger but more injury prone...

I'll be glad to be proven wrong, but I don't think I favor this move. I'm not sure that the drops don't have something to do with it. They have to have started wearing on BB.

Mile High Mania 03-14-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9496534)
Boston sports talk radio is basically taking this position, which certainly does make alot of sense.

Seems like the right answer here is resign Wes for 2-3 years and try to find a bigger outside WR threat to better complement the rest of our talent, not to roll the dice by getting younger but more injury prone...

I'll be glad to be proven wrong, but I don't think I favor this move. I'm not sure that the drops don't have something to do with it. They have to have started wearing on BB.

I looked briefly yesterday and couldn't find it, but what were the drop #s the last 3 seasons? Is there a link that compares WRs on targets, catches and drops?

Mile High Mania 03-14-2013 06:30 AM

I did find this ... rejoice all you haters of Denver. The Broncos now have 3 of the guys that were in the top 7 of this vaunted category in 2012. Call me crazy, but I'll take the risk with this trio and Manning.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ide-receivers/

They also have this 3-year data that was posted in 2012, so I believe this is 2009-2011 data.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ide-receivers/

So, if I read this right ... from 2009-2011, Welker was #2 in drops (32) behind Marshall (35) and just ahead of White (30).

2009-2012 Welker had:

Targets: 605
Catchable: 496 (not sure how they create that stat)
Receptions: 449
Drops: 47
Yards: 5,119
TDs: 26

Drops 7.7% of the Targets
Drops 9.4% of the Catchable Targets

Through 4 seasons ... that's not incredibly too concerning for me. Some always remember the clutch drops, but quickly forget the amazing catches that he did make. So, when I look at the drops - yes, they're high, but so is everything else in the stats category. Throw 10 nice passes to him, he'll catch 9 of them... sign me up for all that.

The other thing is this - they really relied on Welker more than they should have due to injuries to other players or lack of options in the ground game. So, there was more pressure on him to produce and be the man than there should have been at times, in my opinion.

And, he is certainly worth the 2 Year $12M investment in my opinion.

Mile High Mania 03-14-2013 06:57 AM

And, the Titans owner probably really hates Elway right now... they made the bigger offer to Peyton last year and Welker this year. Oh well.

notorious 03-14-2013 07:30 AM

:hmmm:

Brady just signed a contract for less money. Did he do it to open up money for Welker, only to be stabbed in the back?

This smells bad. LMAO

Rasputin 03-14-2013 07:33 AM

It would be worth the money to pay Wes Welker what ever money he wants just to cock block Peyton Manning and Horseface from getting him.

Mile High Mania 03-14-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9496609)
It would be worth the money to pay Wes Welker what ever money he wants just to cock block Peyton Manning and Horseface from getting him.

Yeah, but they now have 3 guys (Danny, Gronk and Hernandez) that combined for 45 missed starts in the last 2 regular seasons... it's all good though.

Is Lloyd a FA this year? You'd think they would bring him back, but he kinda got lost in the mix last year... but 74 rec / 994 yds wasn't bad.