ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:30 PM

And rest assured...nothing i say here can POSSIBLY be as stupid as this far-fetched thread is...
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 02-09-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9390887)
No I just don't think Geno is the greatest QB prospect ever.

Greatest prospect "ever"? Hey, me neither! But guess what? He's the best this draft class has to offer! And guess what the Chiefs need to draft this year before they draft anything else?

SUPRISE!!! It's Quarterback!

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9390886)
Makes multiple reads almost every play, pro style experience with a fantastic coach who has developed him very well, makes the best decisions of any QB in this class, is very accurate in the short passes and he has the best deep ball of any QB in this class.

WTF?

You are ****ing nuts dude.

I like Nassib as well, but he does struggle with his accuracy, goes to shit a lot when he's got to force a throw and his deep ball isn't anywhere close to guys like Smith, Bray, Manuel or Sorensen.

You bitched at Geno like crazy after the Pinstripe Bowl...did you happen to watch Nassib in that as well? Same weather conditions and he was going against the worst pass defense in college football. He stunk.

Here he is against a decent defense:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhgDOOq3hDY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC 02-09-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9390907)
WTF?

You are ****ing nuts dude.

I like Nassib as well, but he does struggle with his accuracy, goes to shit a lot when he's got to force a throw and his deep ball isn't anywhere close to guys like Smith, Bray, Manuel or Sorensen.

You bitched at Geno like crazy after the Pinstripe Bowl...did you happen to watch Nassib in that as well? Same weather conditions and he was going against the worst pass defense in college football. He stunk.

Here he is against a decent defense:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhgDOOq3hDY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From secondroundstats.com

Accuracy on balls thrown 20+ yards

Nassib-62.50% best of ANY QB in the draft
Geno-44.44%
Average QB-47.57%

Geno also threw into double coverage almost 3x as much as any of the QB's this year.

Hell he threw it into double coverage 4.55% to Nassib's 1.93%. That may have worked in college, but it won't in the NFL consistently. That's a guarantee.

Nassib only threw 2 INT's in his last 7 games. Pretty good endorsement.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9390889)
I'd take Geno over anyone whose come out in this century with the notable exception of Andrew Luck.

I think he's that good with that much of a ceiling. His ability to hit guys in stride deep while being covered is insane. I've never seen a guy do it with the regularity that Geno has done in his college career. As well, he's got an uncanny pocket presence and his release is damn near perfect. Add to that, he's a noted film room junkie.

Yeah, I think he's that good. I think he's got all the tools to be elite at the next level and with the hiring of Reid and having a running back like Charles and a young, talented offensive line, he's going to be put into a position to be successful sooner rather than later. It's the perfect storm so to speak and the Cheifs finally have the chance at a guy who has the ceiling and potential.

And everyone around here knows I'm a trenches type of guy. I don't get overly excited about QB's because most really aren't that good. I don't want them taking a QB just to take a QB. But Geno is different.

Remember that one mother****er who was not necessarily RgIII-mobile...but was slinky enough to evade a collapsing pocket and create positive yardage 8 times ot of 10 against one of the best Chiefs defenses ever fielded? What was that horsefaced mother****ers name again? And more to the point...does that particular attribute seem familiar in a current prospet? If these peple think im off of my ****ing rocker...theyre not watching Smith play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 02-09-2013 11:58 PM

Ryan Nassib Career Stats:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...84/ryan-nassib

Geno Smith Career Stats:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...025/geno-smith

Smith has 21 career interceptions to 98 career TD passes, Nassib has 28 career interceptions to 70 career TD passes.

RunKC 02-10-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9390925)

Geno Smith Career Stats:

Smith has 21 career interceptions to 98 career TD passes, Nassib has 28 career interceptions to 70 career TD passes.

The spread helps QB's put up huge numbers, plus he has some guys named Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey to throw to. I bet that has nothing to do with it though.

bigjosh 02-10-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9390925)

Geno Smith Career Stats:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ps154d7699.gif

Saccopoo 02-10-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9390935)
The spread helps QB's put up huge numbers, plus he has some guys named Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey to throw to. I bet that has nothing to do with it though.

So, who's making this play, the QB or the receiver?:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...513/genoo8.gif

bigjosh 02-10-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9390941)

a pass cant get much prettier than that.

I was sold on geno last season actually. i thought maybe he would come out and with all the hype between the other qbs that geno may have slipped to the second. Im glad that we control our own destiny with it this time around.

HotCarl 02-10-2013 12:22 AM

Every D1 quarterback should be able to hit a receiver who is behind the defender, when there is no pressure whatsever.

SPchief 02-10-2013 12:28 AM

Uh Oh, Frankie is really serious this time about me calling his mom a whore. As apposed to the last 5 times he's said that. QUIT ALL THIS GENO TALK, he might get serious

Bowser 02-10-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9390935)

I think I've come to conclude that you are just a Ryan Nassib fan and aren't interested in changing your mind about it. That's fine. Nassib will likely have a chance to be a stud in the NFL as well, but I'm just of the opinion that Geno's ceiling is higher.

bigjosh 02-10-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9390953)
Every D1 quarterback should be able to hit a receiver who is behind the defender, when there is no pressure whatsever.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ps89a2501c.jpg

Ebolapox 02-10-2013 12:33 AM

yeah... I really think we need to draft geno smith. it's really the only choice.

Bowser 02-10-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9390973)
yeah... I really think we need to draft geno smith. it's really the only choice.

For THIS team at THIS time, there really is no other hypothetical that can be logically implemented.

Quarterback is the call, and Smith is the quarterback, in spite of what other highly touted players that we could use with that first pick.

bigjosh 02-10-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9390973)

If we drop the first pick on anyone other than geno this draft is an instant bust. at least we will know nice and early.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9390865)
Nassib for starters.

And I would like to see who you'd take Geno over since you said he's one of the best prospects in the last 10 years.

ROFL

O.city 02-10-2013 10:19 AM

RunKc is an anyone but Geno fan. He was all about Wilson, then he had a bad senior bowl week or game depending on who you listen too, then he was on Glennon, now it's to Nassib.

Nassib, the Qb for Syracuse, the team that had to take the ball out of his hands more in the second half and make him a game manager to be successful later in the year.

Frankie 02-10-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9390890)
And rest assured...nothing i say here can POSSIBLY be as stupid as this far-fetched thread is...
Posted via Mobile Device

Really? Farfetched?!

If the Chiefs actually do pick up someone other than a QB with that 1st pick would you be man enough to come back and quote yourself and call yourself stupid?

Ebolapox 02-10-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9391298)
Really? Farfetched?!

If the Chiefs actually do pick up someone other than a QB with that 1st pick would you be man enough to come back and quote yourself and call yourself stupid?

you certainly won't do it yourself, will you? a thread will break apart in midair (ignoring the laws of physics) before you do that.

SAUTO 02-10-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389739)
Spot on...let the raiders draft smith... He's a project..never took a snap in the NFL much less participated in the combine. I seriously don't get the Geno/love from everyone here...it's actually kinda sad...it's like theirs going to be a mass suicide if he's not taken...kinda weird..

What are you talking about? The ****ing combine hasn't even happened yet
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:02 AM

dumb premise. Dumb thread. Made readable ONLY by further discussion of awesome chocolate penii. Thx!
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie 02-10-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9391315)
you certainly won't do it yourself, will you?

No I won't.

Because I did not claim anything with stupid rigid certainty here. My thread has a big IF attached to it. SDW(aka many mults)'s statement was rigid and unbending and in the process he managed to call me stupid. I think rigid "black or white" statement are the ones that are stupid. Not the ones that consider all possible alternatives.

O.city 02-10-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9391375)
No I won't.

Because I did not claim anything with stupid rigid certainty here. My thread has a big IF attached to it. SDW's statement was rigid and unbending and in the process he managed to call me stupid. I think rigid "black or white" statement are the ones that are stupid. Not the ones that consider all possible alternatives.

So the statements that don't put you on one side of the fence or the other, so when said event occurs you can't be wrong or right, right?

Sorter 02-10-2013 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Nassib and/or Glennon should be available at the top of the 2nd. At least one of them.

I haven't gone back through the thread Frankie to see if you accepted. Sig bet for the until the season starts on this?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9391361)
dumb premise. Dumb thread. Made readable ONLY by further discussion of awesome chocolate penii. Thx!
Posted via Mobile Device

...and let us continue that discussion till every Chief fan wants him in Red and Gold

O.city 02-10-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9391426)
Nassib and/or Glennon should be available at the top of the 2nd. At least one of them.

I haven't gone back through the thread Frankie to see if you accepted. Sig bet for the until the season starts on this?

Yeah, one of them will LIKELY be available there, but say teams start to trade back up into the first round to get them and we are forced too. Then we are giving up multiple picks for a guy who we could have had for a single pick.

And if you buy into this being a weak QB class, i'm not really excited about taking the 4 or 5 best prospect at said position.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 12:03 PM

I will laugh at someone pissing a 1st away on Nassib

O, you either take a guy at 1-1 or you don't take one at all. It's that simple. Trading back into the 1st for the 4th or 5th option makes absolutely ZERO sense when we could go ahead and draft the best guy AND get a starting caliber player with our 2nd rounder.

O.city 02-10-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9391443)
I will laugh at someone pissing a 1st away on Nassib

O, you either take a guy at 1-1 or you don't take one at all. It's that simple. Trading back into the 1st for the 4th or 5th option makes absolutely ZERO sense when we could go ahead and draft the best guy AND get a starting caliber player with our 2nd rounder.

Yeah, pretty much.

If we do in fact re sign Albert, no one other than a QB makes sense at 1.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9390889)
I'd take Geno over anyone whose come out in this century with the notable exception of Andrew Luck.

What?

You'd take Smith over Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton and RGIII?

I'm sorry but you're ****ing insane.

A guy that's rated somewhere around the 15-30th best football player in the 2013 draft?

The hyperbole surrounding Smith in this forum has reached an all-time high.

:facepalm:

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391449)
Yeah, pretty much.

If we do in fact re sign Albert, no one other than a QB makes sense at 1.

Even if they DON'T sign Albert, LT makes no sense. Like was said earlier, Allen was a damn good LT in college and it would be worth giving him a crack at the spot rather than pissing away a first on Jekyll. QB or bust.

Saccopoo 02-10-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391450)
What?

You'd take Smith over Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton and RGIII?

Yep. All day long.

At the same stage, Smith is a more accurate and accomplished passer than any of these guys.

Quote:

Not really. I think he's that good or, at least, has that much in terms of potential. I've watched him a ton. He's got all the tools, experience, size, arm strength, work ethic, etc.

As well, you are living in a revisionist, hindsight world a bit.

Eli wasn't the end all be all and really benefitted from the family name more than anything. As well, up until that first Super Bowl/Playoff run, there were the rumors of him being a bust. Rivers hasn't done jack shit. Very accurate college passer (that KU/NCST bowl game was one of the finest college QB performances I've ever seen), but he's a horrible red zone QB and is most likely on the downward slide. SD fans want him gone. Newton was a freak, but a horribly inaccurate passer. Rogers had questions about his accuracy and decision making. Rothlisberger was a smaller school guy who lacked athleticism. Plus he's a stupid raper. Griffin was a third rounder up until the last quarter of his final season where he won the Heisman and hit the combine. And I still don't like his game, especially considering his size. He's not thickly muscled like Vick or huge like Steve Young. When he's sitting on the bench due to injury, all those draft picks given up don't look so good.

Quote:

A guy that's rated somewhere around the 15-30th best football player in the 2013 draft?
NFL has him as the fifth rated player. Chiefs have him as the seventh. And, IMO, there isn't a guy in this draft that has the potential/ceiling Geno does for their respective positions.

Quote:

Wait until the end of this month after the combine. This is nothing.

Shogun 02-10-2013 12:38 PM

@TambaHali91

Matt Cassell haven't had a good quarterback coach since Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels. we know what he did when that chemistry was there.

Frankie 02-10-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391378)
So the statements that don't put you on one side of the fence or the other, so when said event occurs you can't be wrong or right, right?

Where I stand is not for covering my ass. It's the fact. I can't believe how much Black/White absolute thinking is going on among the posters here. Frankly with all due respect, I have always found that method of inflexible thinking useless and thus stupid. Here, as well as in real life.

Frankie 02-10-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9391426)

No I haven't. I don't play stupid games.

Coogs 02-10-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9391472)
@TambaHali91

Matt Cassell haven't had a good quarterback coach since Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels. we know what he did when that chemistry was there.

Tell him we averaged 193 yards rushing that 2010 season in the 10 games we won.

Shogun 02-10-2013 12:44 PM

Tamba defending Cassel relentlessly on twitter right now. :mad:

RealSNR 02-10-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

@TambaHali91

If that's real, I'm gonna poop on a midget

B14ckmon 02-10-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 9390950)
a pass cant get much prettier than that.

I was sold on geno last season actually. i thought maybe he would come out and with all the hype between the other qbs that geno may have slipped to the second. Im glad that we control our own destiny with it this time around.

Every professional QB should be able to make that throw. The WR has to be able to get enough distance to make the catch though.

Coogs 02-10-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9391465)
Yep. All day long.

At the same stage, Smith is a more accurate and accomplished passer than any of these guys.

Not really. I think he's that good or, at least, has that much in terms of potential. I've watched him a ton. He's got all the tools, experience, size, arm strength, work ethic, etc.

As well, you are living in a revisionist, hindsight world a bit.

Eli wasn't the end all be all and really benefitted from the family name more than anything. As well, up until that first Super Bowl/Playoff run, there were the rumors of him being a bust. Rivers hasn't done jack shit. Very accurate college passer (that KU/NCST bowl game was one of the finest college QB performances I've ever seen), but he's a horrible red zone QB and is most likely on the downward slide. SD fans want him gone. Newton was a freak, but a horribly inaccurate passer. Rogers had questions about his accuracy and decision making. Rothlisberger was a smaller school guy who lacked athleticism. Plus he's a stupid raper. Griffin was a third rounder up until the last quarter of his final season where he won the Heisman and hit the combine. And I still don't like his game, especially considering his size. He's not thickly muscled like Vick or huge like Steve Young. When he's sitting on the bench due to injury, all those draft picks given up don't look so good.

NFL has him as the fifth rated player. Chiefs have him as the seventh. And, IMO, there isn't a guy in this draft that has the potential/ceiling Geno does for their respective positions.

Wait until the end of this month after the combine. This is nothing.

Personally, I think Geno being the 1st pick or not is going to come down to the interviews and meetings with coaches and front office people. The mini meltdowns on the sidelines are the only drawback to Geno I can see. He ace's that part of the draft process, and he is the pick.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9391484)
Every professional QB should be able to make that throw. The WR has to be able to get enough distance to make the catch though.

Key word there is "should"

Probably half the QBs in the NFL can't throw that with any kind of consistency, especially Cassel and Quinn

Shogun 02-10-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9391481)
If that's real, I'm gonna poop on a midget

ill post the whole thing.

@TambaHali91

@TambaHali91

Guyssss and Gallllsss we can't write everybody off like a piece of paper.

@TambaHali91

I believe in my boy. Model citizen, loves the game of football. Gives back to the community Just like everybody he wants a fair chance.

@TambaHali91

A line that will block for him relentlessly. When we had Will Shield, Willie Roaf, Brian waters, KC Weigman, TRENT GREEN WAS THE MAN.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 12:48 PM

Cassel got 4 years of chances, Tamba. What do you not understand about this?

RunKC 02-10-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9390941)

Same as the guy who made this impressive play.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iHS-esJsE3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC 02-10-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391290)
RunKc is an anyone but Geno fan. He was all about Wilson, then he had a bad senior bowl week or game depending on who you listen too, then he was on Glennon, now it's to Nassib.

Nassib, the Qb for Syracuse, the team that had to take the ball out of his hands more in the second half and make him a game manager to be successful later in the year.

I love Wilson and Nassib. And your second paragraph is a fluke. I've seen absolutely no evidence of it.

Bowser 02-10-2013 01:06 PM

So it takes a trick play for Nassib to hit a long touchdown pass? WE ARE NOT IMPRESSED.

RunKC 02-10-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391450)
What?

:facepalm:

THIS

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 01:08 PM

We have the number one pick, so not a **** is given about that slapdick Nassib.

O.city 02-10-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9391537)
I love Wilson and Nassib. And your second paragraph is a fluke. I've seen absolutely no evidence of it.

Well thats funny because his own coach said that they did that, so I guess?

O.city 02-10-2013 01:09 PM

Also, Nassib underthrew that a bit.

BoneKrusher 02-10-2013 01:10 PM

went with Luke, a LT is next to QB as most important player on Offense.

O.city 02-10-2013 01:10 PM

Its funny, it's like anytime someone on here says something positive about Geno, RunKC's blood boils just a little bit more. He really leads the anyone but geno clan.

Bowser 02-10-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9391552)
went with Luke, a LT is next to QB as most important player on Offense.

The problem is we already have one, even if he needs a new contract.

RunKC 02-10-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391553)
Its funny, it's like anytime someone on here says something positive about Geno, RunKC's blood boils just a little bit more. He really leads the anyone but geno clan.

And anytime someone says something bad about Geno you turn into eeyore and say we should just sign Alex Smith because no QB is worth a first.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 01:14 PM

It could be legit argued that drafting Jekyll would be WORSE than the selection of T-Jack

BoneKrusher 02-10-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9391557)
The problem is we already have one, even if he needs a new contract.

maybe Reid plans to move Albert to Guard.

Bowser 02-10-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9391571)

Anything is possible, but I sincerely hope not.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Why did we draft Jeff Allen in the 2nd last year again?

BoneKrusher 02-10-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9391581)
Why did we draft Jeff Allen in the 2nd last year again?

good question.

Saccopoo 02-10-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Then we have Stephenson or Allen to play left tackle, who we just spent a third and second round pick on in the 2012 draft.

There is no way anyone can rationally justify taking a left tackle with the #1 pick in this draft.

Let alone that Joeckel wasn't even the best offensive tackle on his college team.

Ebolapox 02-10-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

@TambaHali91

wow, tamba's been getting majorly high and making tweets again. thanks, tamba.

Ebolapox 02-10-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9391473)
Where I stand is not for covering my ass. It's the fact. I can't believe how much Black/White absolute thinking is going on among the posters here. Frankly with all due respect, I have always found that method of inflexible thinking useless and thus stupid. Here, as well as in real life.

yet it's hilarious to see you using ALL black/white in regard to your interpersonal relationships and how you treat people on this message board. no nuance at ALL. you have literally no flexibility. apply some of that, learn to take a ****ing joke or two, and maybe develop a bit of a thicker skin (you know, thicker than a ****ing angstrom).

patteeu 02-10-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9391452)
Even if they DON'T sign Albert, LT makes no sense. Like was said earlier, Allen was a damn good LT in college and it would be worth giving him a crack at the spot rather than pissing away a first on Jekyll. QB or bust.

Tebow was a damn good QB in college. It's not as simple as that.

RunKC 02-10-2013 01:27 PM

Please no Joeckel. Man that would be a let down.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9391603)

What the... I don't even ROFL

And??? Allen hasn't had enough of a chance to compare him to that sack of shit that plays a TOTALLY different position.

patteeu 02-10-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391553)

Huge irony given the response this thread and any post contemplating the thought of taking someone other than Geno gets.

O.city 02-10-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9391566)
And anytime someone says something bad about Geno you turn into eeyore and say we should just sign Alex Smith because no QB is worth a first.

Sure when someone suggests we take the fifth best qb in this class which is supposedly a weak qb class an take a lt at one, doing what the franchise has always done, I tend to get aggravated.

Still haven't figured out your geno hate but I'll get there

O.city 02-10-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9391609)
Huge irony given the response this thread and any post contemplating the thought of taking someone other than Geno gets.

Why are you afraid of taking a qb early?

patteeu 02-10-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9391608)
What the... I don't even ROFL

And??? Allen hasn't had enough of a chance to compare him to that sack of shit that plays a TOTALLY different position.

The position has nothing to do with the indisputable truth that being damn good in college is not an automatic ticket to being successful in the NFL.

patteeu 02-10-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391613)
Why are you afraid of taking a qb early?

Why do you think I'm afraid of taking a QB early?

RunKC 02-10-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391611)
Sure when someone suggests we take the fifth best qb in this class which is supposedly a weak qb class an take a lt at one, doing what the franchise has always done, I tend to get aggravated.

Still haven't figured out your geno hate but I'll get there

I don't hate him. I just think the questions are justified. Locks onto first read all the time, throws into double coverage by far more than any QB in the draft, not as great of a downfield thrower as people claim and his antics bother me.

I do like him more than Barkley and Glennon though.

Wilson, Nassib, Geno. That's my preference.

milkman 02-10-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9390769)
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1bfbf75e.jpg

THIS IS NOT A GENO SMITH THREAD. THERE IS A HUNDRED OF THEM IN THIS FORUM. GO TO THEM FOR THIS SHIT!

THIS IS ABOUT THE OTHER NAMES MOST OFTEN MENTIONED AND A SCENARIO NONE OF US HAVE A SAY IN. GROW UP!!!! ALL I WANT IS TO GET AN IDEA FOR WHO THE MAJORITY OF YOU MIGHT PREFER IF THE CHIEFS (GOD FORBID) DO NOT PICK GENO SMITH AT THE TOP OF THE DRAFT AND IF SOME OF YOU SURVIVE THE CORONARY IF THEY DON'T!

I REPEAT: THIS IS NOT A GENO SMITH THREAD. JUST VOTE IN THE POLL OR SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY!

If you want to have a thread go exactly as ou want it to go, then start your own website so that you can delete every post that doesn't fit your criteria.

Until then, get the **** over yourself.

You are just a useless piece.

And, ftr, anyone that would participate in Frankie's forum, raise your hands.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9391625)
The position has nothing to do with the indisputable truth that being damn good in college is not an automatic ticket to being successful in the NFL.

Good. Then we are agreed it would be a waste to take Jekyll then.

milkman 02-10-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9391633)
I don't hate him. I just think the questions are justified. Locks onto first read all the time, throws into double coverage by far more than any QB in the draft, not as great of a downfield thrower as people claim and his antics bother me.

I do like him more than Barkley and Glennon though.

Wilson, Nassib, Geno. That's my preference.

"Locks onto to first read" is not actually true.

He usually goes to his first read because that guy is open, but he has shown, again and again, and again, the ability to go through progressions when necessary.

But of it isn't necessary, why do it?

Just to make people like you happy?

milkman 02-10-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9391603)

TeBow was a damn good football player that played the QB position.

Big difference.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 01:47 PM

Nassib over Geno is just gold

patteeu 02-10-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9391639)
Good. Then we are agreed it would be a waste to take Jekyll then.

You sound high to me. That post won't sound as brilliant when you sober up.

patteeu 02-10-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391642)
TeBow was a damn good football player that played the QB position.

Big difference.

Boring.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 01:53 PM

I was willing to give Tyler Wilson equal credence, but the fact that RunKC likes that guy now damages Wilson's reputation a LOT in my eyes.

Ryan Nassib, huh.

I didn't tank the season and Save Our Chiefs for Ryan ****ing Nassib, dipshit.