ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269732)

DaveNull 08-03-2014 06:39 PM

That was the best title frame since Cabin in the Woods.

Direckshun 08-03-2014 07:26 PM

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 08-03-2014 07:44 PM

Marvel studios is on an incredible run. Kind of like how PIXAR was a few years ago.

Pretty amazing what they have built, and now every studio is trying to replicate it.

Direckshun 08-03-2014 07:57 PM

Yeah but it has a downside, too. It's now had three movies replicate the exact same plot: bad guy wants and temporarily obtains infinty stone of ultimate destruction.

It worked in Avengers, but both Thor 2 and GOTG overworked the premise.

It's time to give the characters their own stories again. Stop subsuming them for Avengers 3.

Deberg_1990 08-03-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10792873)
Yeah but it has a downside, too. It's now had three movies replicate the exact same plot: bad guy wants and temporarily obtains infinty stone of ultimate destruction.

It worked in Avengers, but both Thor 2 and GOTG overworked the premise.

It's time to give the characters their own stories again. Stop subsuming them for Avengers 3.

It's coming. Ant Man, Dr Strange.

Iron Man 3 and Cap 2 had no infinity stone stuff.

Direckshun 08-03-2014 08:05 PM

Completely agree. And I think IM3 belongs in the top tier of Marvel.

It actually does make you wonder how the hell Avengers 3 can possibly work.

Lets face it, you're talking about a roster of approx 15 protagonists and a villain who will be dramatically overpowered.

Deberg_1990 08-03-2014 08:13 PM

i mentioned this in an earlier post but my biggest nitpick is the makeup of the badguys.

I realize they want to stay true to the comic look, but why hire solid, charismatic actors like Brolin and Lee Pace then hide them under mountains of makeup? Doesnt make much sense and takes away from their acting IMO.

Look at Loki, hes been their best villain so far, and no makeup.

Just a minor nitpick.....

Anyong Bluth 08-03-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10792911)
i mentioned this in an earlier post but my biggest nitpick is the makeup of the badguys.

I realize they want to stay true to the comic look, but why hire solid, charismatic actors like Brolin and Lee Pace then hide them under mountains of makeup? Doesnt make much sense and takes away from their acting IMO.

Look at Loki, hes been their best villain so far, and no makeup.

Just a minor nitpick.....

Somebody has got a mancrush on
Tom Hiddleston!

No judgment.

Btw, for you and anyone else who hasn't seen him in Only Lovers Left Alive , definitely check it out.

Anyong Bluth 08-03-2014 08:53 PM

Going to the 11:10. Zero expectations, just going to enjoy a flick that looks interesting to wherever the story takes me, but pleased to hear such positive things.

Mostly I am trying to not fall prey to creating overinflated expectations that can happen when word of mouth and critics all gush and glowing over the "it" movie of the moment.

Psyko Tek 08-03-2014 09:40 PM

Guardians of the Galaxy

my review

It's all about the ass

KICK ASS,BAD ASS, SMART ASS...

I went in wanting to love this movie and was not disappointed

saw it in IMAX 3D so it was on a BIG ASS screen in 3D
really made the CGI work

loved the space battles, JJ you got some work to do (no flares, non)
and Groot and Rocket really looked great on the screen

Vin Diesel as Groot, did more emoted with 3 words than he has in the entire furiously fast franchise

Chriss Pratt as Peter Quill, channels his inner Han Solo/Malcom Reynolds very well, it's good to have a rogue back on the big screen

Batista as Drax, I have read poor reviews, but you know the guy is a wrestler and has done the best acting from that background since Jesse Ventura didn't have time to bleed

Bradley Cooper as Rocket,this little Bad Ass is heart and soul of the team, I loved the crazy little ****er and yeah, most of his best lines are in the trailers but seeing them in context made my laugh

Zoe Saldana as the green chick with the NICE ASS, her ass was in so many shots it deserves billing as co star
she did a great job as most dangerous lady in the galaxy, but her ass had RANGE
yes First in Black leather, then red leather, and finaly inna mini skirt keep an eye out for this ass come oscar time. It is worth a closer look.

The villian knew his role he was there to get his ASS handed to him, and that's about all he did

Beautiful eye candy,does not touc a brain cell in your head

great time
bring a UV flashlight and enjoy

stay for the closing credits to see how true a marvel fan you are

Natahn Fillian had a cameo as monsterous inmate

think it was Groot's playmate

Psyko Tek 08-03-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10792845)
Marvel studios is on an incredible run. Kind of like how PIXAR was a few years ago.

Pretty amazing what they have built, and now every studio is trying to replicate it.

as long as disney doesn't quit counting money and start ****ing with them like they have PIXAR

Anyong Bluth 08-04-2014 01:11 AM

Honestly, having just walked out of seeing it, it's probably at the top of my list for the Marvel flicks, so far.

Anyong Bluth 08-04-2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10793024)
Guardians of the Galaxy

my review

It's all about the ass

KICK ASS,BAD ASS, SMART ASS...

I went in wanting to love this movie and was not disappointed

saw it in IMAX 3D so it was on a BIG ASS screen in 3D
really made the CGI work

loved the space battles, JJ you got some work to do (no flares, non)
and Groot and Rocket really looked great on the screen

Vin Diesel as Groot, did more emoted with 3 words than he has in the entire furiously fast franchise

Chriss Pratt as Peter Quill, channels his inner Han Solo/Malcom Reynolds very well, it's good to have a rogue back on the big screen

Batista as Drax, I have read poor reviews, but you know the guy is a wrestler and has done the best acting from that background since Jesse Ventura didn't have time to bleed

Bradley Cooper as Rocket,this little Bad Ass is heart and soul of the team, I loved the crazy little ****er and yeah, most of his best lines are in the trailers but seeing them in context made my laugh

Zoe Saldana as the green chick with the NICE ASS, her ass was in so many shots it deserves billing as co star
she did a great job as most dangerous lady in the galaxy, but her ass had RANGE
yes First in Black leather, then red leather, and finaly inna mini skirt keep an eye out for this ass come oscar time. It is worth a closer look.

The villian knew his role he was there to get his ASS handed to him, and that's about all he did

Beautiful eye candy,does not touc a brain cell in your head

great time
bring a UV flashlight and enjoy

stay for the closing credits to see how true a marvel fan you are

Natahn Fillian had a cameo as monsterous inmate

think it was Groot's playmate

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Direckshun 08-04-2014 09:49 AM

[I have yet to see Cap 2.]

1. Avengers
2. Thor

3. Iron Man 1

4. Iron Man 3

5. Guardians of the Galaxy
6. Thor 2

7. The Incredible Hulk

8. Captain America 1

9. Iron Man 2

Sure-Oz 08-04-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10793180)
Honestly, having just walked out of seeing it, it's probably at the top of my list for the Marvel flicks, so far.

Me too..

Sure-Oz 08-04-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10793514)
[I have yet to see Cap 2.]

1. Avengers
2. Thor

3. Iron Man 1

4. Iron Man 3

5. Guardians of the Galaxy
6. Thor 2

7. The Incredible Hulk

8. Captain America 1

9. Iron Man 2

Capt 2 was awesome too

The Franchise 08-04-2014 11:19 AM

The whole Mom thing in the beginning kicked up some dust in the theater.

My only question...

Spoiler!

Swanman 08-04-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10793619)

My only question...

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

DaveNull 08-04-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10793619)

My only question...

Spoiler!

Not in the MCU. In the recent run of Guardians:

Spoiler!

The Franchise 08-04-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10793631)
Spoiler!

Further spoilerfy away.

Swanman 08-04-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10793636)
Further spoilerfy away.

Spoiler!

Skyy God 08-04-2014 12:43 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gxb7b0jGZvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 08-04-2014 12:52 PM

LMAO

Sasha Grey is just so damned hot

Aries Walker 08-04-2014 01:40 PM

I get the feeling that a lot of the overwhelmingly positive reviews this movie is getting are due to the recency effect. When the dust settles, I think it will be mentioned as one of the best, but not the best. It has a few problems.

My ranking is:
A+: Avengers, Captain America 2
A: Captain America, Iron Man
A-: Thor, Guardians
B: Thor 2, Incredible Hulk
C or maybe D: Iron Man 2 and 3

It speaks well of the MCU that most of the movies are just variations on an A grade.

JD10367 08-04-2014 02:04 PM

Just saw it for the second time. Enjoyed it as much as the first.

And whoever's boning Zoe Saldana is the luckiest ****er around. She's ridiculously hot and, for kink, she can now dress as a blue Pandoran, Lt. Uhura, and Gamora.

keg in kc 08-04-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10793886)
I get the feeling that a lot of the overwhelmingly positive reviews this movie is getting are due to the recency effect. When the dust settles, I think it will be mentioned as one of the best, but not the best. It has a few problems.

Every marvel movie has a few problems. I think Guardians is on par with Avengers and Cap 2. That said, I've never held either the first Iron Man or Captain America on the level that others do. They were good for basically introducing already mainstream characters. Guardians is something a whole lot more risky and I think a whole lot more ambitious, and the fact that they managed to pull it off so well is really something.

Swanman 08-04-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10794017)
Every marvel movie has a few problems. I think Guardians is on par with Avengers and Cap 2. That said, I've never held either the first Iron Man or Captain America on the level that others do. They were good for basically introducing already mainstream characters. Guardians is something a whole lot more risky and I think a whole lot more ambitious, and the fact that they managed to pull it off so well is really something.

In looking over comic book nerd rankings, it seems that Winter Soldier is Marvel's Empire Strikes Back. Many ranked that one as #1. Then in that second tier most had Iron Man, Avengers and Guardians.

Anyong Bluth 08-04-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10794017)

Exactly, and for Gunn to get to do it his way and Marvel, who has a history of allowing their directors very little creative license or delineation. It is ironic that Guardians probably had a less rigid blueprint due to its general obscurity, and, for me, a large reason I enjoyed it was because it wasn't another remake / known quantity.

Everyone has mentioned the soundtrack, and you're all right. The selection in juxtaposition with the onscreen action / scene was just delicious especially Cherry Bomb.

ThaVirus 08-04-2014 04:53 PM

Bitchin' ass soundtrack. After reading some of you old fart's reviews I was expecting some sweet classic metal (which sucks). I was pleasantly surprised to hear the 70's R&B or whatever-genre-those-songs-are..

Oh, and Thanos looked ****ING AWESOME.

Aries Walker 08-04-2014 09:12 PM

Thanos really did look like a tremendous, throne-sitting badass.

ThaVirus 08-04-2014 09:25 PM

Dude, he looked and sounded AMAZING.

I didn't even know he'd be in this film so I was a bit thrown off. They did not disappoint.

Sure-Oz 08-04-2014 09:25 PM

I can't wait to buy this on bluray. Was it good in 3d

Silock 08-04-2014 11:20 PM

It looked like every other 3D movie to me. But I might be a bad judge considering I have a 3D projector at home.

WhiteWhale 08-05-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10794038)
In looking over comic book nerd rankings, it seems that Winter Soldier is Marvel's Empire Strikes Back. Many ranked that one as #1. Then in that second tier most had Iron Man, Avengers and Guardians.

IMO... Guardians was hands down (as in it's not really close at all) marvel's best movie yet.

Avengers was only good for the 2nd half (I found the first half of the film straight up obnoxious) and the Winter soldier totally copped out on that plot twist.

I had a huge smile on my face from start to finish watching this film, and was expecting another over-hyped Marvel film... fun but forgettable. Instead I got one of the best sci fi action movies I've ever seen.

Swanman 08-05-2014 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10795299)
IMO... Guardians was hands down (as in it's not really close at all) marvel's best movie yet.

Avengers was only good for the 2nd half (I found the first half of the film straight up obnoxious) and the Winter soldier totally copped out on that plot twist.

I had a huge smile on my face from start to finish watching this film, and was expecting another over-hyped Marvel film... fun but forgettable. Instead I got one of the best sci fi action movies I've ever seen.

It was definitely my favorite Marvel movie to date. I read the entire 2008 comic book run of Guardians, as well as some of the current issues and the Annihilation run that contains a huge amount of involvement with the Guardians (including Ronan as a good guy). The movie did a great job of getting enough of the backstory for each character right. Each character had small differences but by and large it got the overall picture really well.

Spoiler!

Valiant 08-05-2014 07:47 AM

I think this was also the most visually impressive Marvel movie, and up there with some of the top movies. All the action was clear and crisp, not like transformers or Avengers. It was fun to see the action.

NewChief 08-05-2014 08:38 AM

This is a freaking awesome Chris Pratt video. Gets called out by DJ Whoo Kid about his love of Eminem, so he goes crazy doing an acapella "Forgot about Dre".

NSFW for Language
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WdqfR0wRTbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jamie 08-05-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10792602)
Which infinity stone is this one?

The consensus seems to be that it's power. And that the Aether from Thor 2 is reality, the Tesseract is space, and Loki's scepter is mind.

okcchief 08-05-2014 06:21 PM

I saw this Saturday. This is my favorite popcorn click as an adult. I don't remember being entertained all the way through a movie like this since Star Wars or Indiana Jones as a kid. I personally thought it was by far Marvel ' s best movie to date.

Psyko Tek 08-05-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10796451)
I saw this Saturday. This is my favorite popcorn click as an adult. I don't remember being entertained all the way through a movie like this since Star Wars or Indiana Jones as a kid. I personally thought it was by far Marvel ' s best movie to date.

that was how I felt

like after star wars, raiders, army of darkness
I DON"T ****ING CARE IF IT WAS GOOD, I LOVED IT
will see with my son again next kid weekend

VIN DIESEL FOR BEST SUPPORTING SPECIAL EFFECT

Anyong Bluth 08-05-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10796551)
that was how I felt

like after star wars, raiders, army of darkness
I DON"T ****ING CARE IF IT WAS GOOD, I LOVED IT
will see with my son again next kid weekend

VIN DIESEL FOR BEST SUPPORTING SPECIAL EFFECT

Yep, as the film was ending, I thought to myself that I could totally watch it again right now.

Anyong Bluth 08-05-2014 07:17 PM

I'm familiar with the actress, but had ZERO idea or recognizing the dying mother was her!

Laura Haddock

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/u8ygu5ed.jpg

One in the same :

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/3arehegy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/zaryhy7u.jpg

You can see a little bit more of her here [NSFW]

Bowser 08-05-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10795320)
It was definitely my favorite Marvel movie to date. I read the entire 2008 comic book run of Guardians, as well as some of the current issues and the Annihilation run that contains a huge amount of involvement with the Guardians (including Ronan as a good guy). The movie did a great job of getting enough of the backstory for each character right. Each character had small differences but by and large it got the overall picture really well.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Bowser 08-05-2014 08:22 PM

Either Laura has a hell of a push up bra in that second pic, or she went and got herself some bolt ons. Bless her either way.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2014 09:11 PM

I'm taking my nerd girl to see this this weekend.

Can't wait.

Demonpenz 08-05-2014 10:26 PM

Movie is dope as hell lots of regular old awesome.

Silock 08-05-2014 11:39 PM

Thinking about going to see it a second time in the theater. Can't remember the last time I did that.

Garcia Bronco 08-06-2014 06:22 AM

Can t wait until this is on TNT

scorpio 08-06-2014 09:26 AM

Going to see it again as well. It's usually hard for me to even sit through one showing in the theater. Just a perfect blend of awesome things.

Bowser 08-06-2014 07:31 PM

Regarding Knowhere - Is that former Celestial anyone of note, or has it been dead for eons?

Fish 08-06-2014 09:54 PM

Wow. That was incredibly entertaining. I can't believe how well they blended the humor and action.

A few spoilers:

Spoiler!

Swanman 08-07-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10798489)
Regarding Knowhere - Is that former Celestial anyone of note, or has it been dead for eons?

I don't believe it's any named celestial, just a dead one. Although I am sure in some comic book somewhere there is a backstory to it. The main power (not in the movie) is that people can use the brain stem (I think) to travel through space and time.

The 2008 run of Guardians comics was insanely cosmic. Their main job during a lot of the issues was basically fixing rips in space/time. They also had Adam Warlock as part of the team, quite possibly the most powerful character in all of Marvel.

ThaVirus 08-07-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10799363)
I don't believe it's any named celestial, just a dead one. Although I am sure in some comic book somewhere there is a backstory to it. The main power (not in the movie) is that people can use the brain stem (I think) to travel through space and time.

The 2008 run of Guardians comics was insanely cosmic. Their main job during a lot of the issues was basically fixing rips in space/time. They also had Adam Warlock as part of the team, quite possibly the most powerful character in all of Marvel.

They had a cocoon in The Collector's room, possibly hinting at Adam Warlock.

beach tribe 08-07-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10792897)
15 protagonists and a villain who will be dramatically overpowered.

Overpowered?

Might wanna read up on the source material.

beach tribe 08-07-2014 11:15 AM

I wonder if the Magus is the future beyond A3.

unlurking 08-07-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10799779)
I wonder if the Magus is the future beyond A3.

Yes please!

Clyde Frog 08-07-2014 01:44 PM

This movie was ****ing awesome!

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 08-07-2014 03:53 PM

I didnt realize James Gunn grew up in Missouri. St Louis specifically....pretty cool

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainm...le1136525.html

Anyong Bluth 08-07-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10800520)
I didnt realize James Gunn grew up in Missouri. St Louis specifically....pretty cool

It's St. Louis, so by definition, it can't be cool.

Buns 08-08-2014 10:50 AM

Saw it last night. Loved it! I think it's one of the best comic book films ever.

KcMizzou 08-08-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10795386)
This is a freaking awesome Chris Pratt video. Gets called out by DJ Whoo Kid about his love of Eminem, so he goes crazy doing an acapella "Forgot about Dre".

NSFW for Language
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WdqfR0wRTbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LAoZDKlbzTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 08-08-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Yeah, formerly married to fellow St.Louisian Jenna 'Pam Beesley' Fischer and big brother of Sean 'Kirk' Gunn of Gilmore Girls who also plays Kraglin in GotG.

Chieficus 08-08-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

That explains the Missouri flag on the desk outside the hospital room...

mr. tegu 08-09-2014 07:20 AM

Awesome movie. It was nice to not have any ideas of what characters should or shouldn't be since I had no familiarity with any of them. I really liked that they took a big step forward in bringing the entire universe together with what we had previously seen by showing Thanos and the collector.

My wife wasn't really that excited to see it because she didn't even really remember the previews. But she loved it as well. She was laughing out loud, really getting into the characters, and enjoyed the whole story as well. These movies do a great job of drawing in the general audience.

Wildcat2005 08-09-2014 10:37 AM

Really good movie
Recommended for everyone, not just comic fans

You don't have to know anything about these characters to enjoy the humor and action in this movie

I don't buy movies all that often, (last movie I bought I think was Wolf of Wallstreet) but this is a must own

John Dope 08-10-2014 06:46 AM

Great movie. The whole family loved it and my wife isn't a sci-fi person at all.

keg in kc 08-10-2014 08:33 AM

Fairly big opening weekend for the Ninja Turtles (wtf people) but GotG only dropped 50-55%, which is holding pretty solid. Still clearing 40 million for its second weekend.

KcMizzou 08-10-2014 04:28 PM

Saw this yesterday, and loved it. It's kind of refreshing. Less of a dark tone, lots of humor... and the oldies soundtrack worked really well. Chris Pratt was great... he's a funny dude naturally, I think. Feels like a movie I could watch over and over.

I look forward to the sequel. (Can't wait to hear what's on Awesome Mix 2... and find out about Peter Quill's dad.)

Hammock Parties 08-10-2014 06:23 PM

It's no Star Wars, but it was probably as good as Avengers.

Groot was my favorite. Rocket was amusing, but not as funny as I was led to believe.

Actually looking forward more to the sequel I think.

cabletech94 08-10-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10809282)
It's no Star Wars, but it was probably as good as Avengers.

Groot was my favorite. Rocket was amusing, but not as funny as I was led to believe.

Actually looking forward more to the sequel I think.

as a self proclaimed comic geek, i felt the same way. was actually a little disappointed in rockets accent. was that supposed to be new jersey?
very satisfied overall. and i'm shocked i didn't know more about this version of the guardians.

and, this was the only end of credits teaser that i was kind of not satisfied with. but all in all, great popcorn flick. (and the soundtrack was balls!)

Fairplay 08-10-2014 08:33 PM

This movie was very entertaining and funny, didn't take itself real seriously.

I'm not big on Marvel movies and maybe catch them mostly when they get to the TV. This one i recommend on the big screen even the little woman liked it.

Direckshun 08-11-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10799751)
Overpowered?

Might wanna read up on the source material.

I've read the source material.

Direckshun 08-11-2014 07:13 AM

You guys gotta get over the accents thing. It's Marvel's way of denoting different parts of the universe everybody's from. People have been bitching about Yondu's southern drawl nonstop.

If you're going to get hung up on accents, keep in mind: in the Marvel cinematic universe, everybody but Groot speaks English. And even Groot's words resemble English.

beach tribe 08-11-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10809996)
I've read the source material.

Then how can you claim that there will be one over powered villain?

"You address omnipotence. Tread Carefully"
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps0cef2c59.jpg

Direckshun 08-11-2014 07:47 AM

Spoiler!

beach tribe 08-11-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10810032)
Spoiler!

That is the real story of Thanos.
They didn't just make someone so powerful they didn't know what to do with him.
The reasons he seeks such power,
and the reason he always loses it, kind of IS his story.

Direckshun 08-11-2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10810055)
That is the real story of Thanos.
They didn't just make someone so powerful they didn't know what to do with him.
The reasons he seeks such power,
and the reason he always loses it, kind of IS his story.

Spoiler!

Direckshun 08-11-2014 08:22 AM

By the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSj4vmbyh5M

The 70s soundtrack to this movie. You're ****ing welcome, everybody. Been listening to it all morning.

saphojunkie 08-11-2014 09:02 AM

Lee Pace (Ronan) was in a completely different movie from everyone else. The first 15 minutes I actually didn't think I could make it through the movie. Beyond clunky exposition, bad acting, bad production design. Over the top melodrama. Horrible.

Enter: Chris Pratt's self-referential humor.

Movie=saved.

When the movie tried in any way to take itself seriously it was just relentlessly painful. Every single time they let the actors make fun of the scene - including John C. Reilly who THANK GOD got to be funny with Glen Close - the movie just soared above expectations.

It's almost like, until you were in a scene with Chris Pratt, your character was boring, over dramatic and stiff. Then, they give you a scene with Pratt and suddenly you're hilarious. I wonder if it was intentional.

beach tribe 08-11-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10810074)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!