ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to ask for release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269401)

tk13 01-28-2013 11:04 PM

I'm all for drafting Geno right at 1. I think his accuracy is elite, and Reid will put him to good use. But it's like people have turned into Pioli... we're going to win with the guy I want and that's that. It's interesting. I'm not too worried because Dorsey and Reid have never been afraid to continue to improve the QB position.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9360422)
Not true.

People are gonna be satisfied as long as we take a QB in the 1st.

Geno is just Jesus Christ in a lot of people's eyes, but they'll settle for Tyler "Abraham" Wilson.

Yep.

For example, I'm firmly in the ABJFMWJM

(Anybody But Joeckel Fisher Moore Werner Jones Milliner)

O.city 01-28-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360435)
Here's the honest to God's truth: I don't ****ing care.

I see people talking about "Super Bowl" this and "Super Bowl" that. This team hasn't won a ****ing playoff game in 20 years and hasn't won anything of significance in more than 40 years.

I want to see the new regime take steps to improve this franchise and make it a contender each and every year for the conference championship.

If that means Smith or Flynn or whomever, while drafting and developing QB's along the way, so be it. I don't give a **** what the solution is to this 50+ year problem.

Just ****ing fix it.

Oh, absolutely.

I don' care where it comes from, but I think there stands a better chance it comes from the draft than a free agent.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9360441)
I'm all for drafting Geno right at 1. I think his accuracy is elite, and Reid will put him to good use. But it's like people have turned into *****... we're going to win with the guy I want and that's that.

That's not true at all.

the Talking Can 01-28-2013 11:07 PM

i heard that back up QBs in San Fran wear Chiefs jerseys at practice...

Hammock Parties 01-28-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9360440)
they could do a bit where the camera is a still shot on Clark's face in profile...and he turns slowly, like Herman Cain, and then says in his sexiest voice, "San Francisco....4th time's a charm, baby"

Or what if Andy Reid was Wormtail from Harry Potter and he's in a graveyard and there's a big tomb for Grbac and he takes a bone from the grave and puts it in a cauldron, and then he chops his hand off, but his hand is Steve Bono's head and then Clark is Harry Potter and Reidtail cuts Clark and drops the blood in the cauldron and OH MY GOD LORD VOLDESMITH IS BOOOOORN

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son! Flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed, you will revive your master. Blood of the enemy, forcibly taken, you will resurrect your foe!"

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ion-potion.gif

And Reid bows before him.

Sorter 01-28-2013 11:09 PM

Trade for Smith and Scott Tolzien.
Draft Joeckel, Warmack, and Barrett Jones.
Re-sign Albert.
???
Profit

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9360456)
Trade for Smith and Scott Tolzien.
Draft Joeckel, Warmack, and Barrett Jones.
Re-sign Albert.
???
Profit

You forgot: Sign Brian Hoyer.

:D

the Talking Can 01-28-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9360453)
Or what if Andy Reid was Wormtail from Harry Potter and he's in a graveyard and there's a big tomb for Grbac and he takes a bone from the grave and puts it in a cauldron, and then he chops his hand off, but his hand is Steve Bono's head and then Clark is Harry Potter and Reidtail cuts Clark and drops the blood in the cauldron and OH MY GOD LORD VOLDESMITH IS BOOOOORN

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ion-potion.gif

And Reid bows before him.

how about an X-Man thing where Mystique morphs into all the 49ers QBs turned Chiefs while Chiefs fans applaud and then boo confusedly...

Sorter 01-28-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360459)
You forgot: Sign Brian Hoyer.

:D

No way the Cards let him go. He's their QBOTF

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9360464)
No way the Cards let him go. He's their QBOTF

Silly me.

:evil:

the Talking Can 01-28-2013 11:17 PM

how about a grocery store called "49ers"

we see Clark walking down an aisle with a cart...bono is in it

Clark walks up to a counter with grbac and smith behind glass...asks a few questions then puts Smith in his cart

walks back down the asile and puts bono back on a shelf...heads for the checkout where Carl is waiting at the register, holding one of those laser upc code checker thingys...the kickoff music by that child molester plays softly in the background

stevieray 01-28-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

I see people talking about "Super Bowl" this and "Super Bowl" that. This team hasn't won a ****ing playoff game in 20 years and hasn't won anything of significance in more than 40 years.

I want to see the new regime take steps to improve this franchise and make it a contender each and every year for the conference championship.

If that means Smith or Flynn or whomever, while drafting and developing QB's along the way, so be it. I don't give a **** what the solution is to this 50+ year problem.

Just ****ing fix it.

:clap:

DeezNutz 01-28-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9360135)
And we're conveniently ignoring the fact that the last two seasons he was a significantly better QB.

The 49ers benched a guy who was completing 70 percent of his passes at 8 yards per attempt. A guy who was 6-2-1 as a starter.

While I don't want Smith to be our only option as a starting QB, I won't cry if he's brought here to be a backup, nor will I attempt to undermine him based on statistics that don't really paint a true picture of the player.

People are suggesting that he's a "late bloomer" similar to Flacco, which is a bunch of horse****, since Smith had the bust hammer looming large over his head before a QB whisperer strolled into town, and Flacco has been solidly underrated to say the least.

Now we're hoping to link him up with another whisperer and "hit the ground running." Sounds familiar.

I don't want to have to guess with what we have in a 28-year-old QB; it's an asinine plan that assures no chance at a SB. None.

Why the **** we're happy to put money on the table to draw dead I'll never quite know.

I will point out the irony that one group of posters wants nothing to do with another 49er cast-off, while another group leaks urine from their hangdowns at the thought of drafting a QB from USC.

Hammock Parties 01-28-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9360482)
I don't want to have to guess with what we have in a 28-year-old QB; it's an asinine plan that assures no chance at a SB. None.

Drew Brees and Jim Plunkett say otherwise.

Naturally I'd rather have Geno, but if Smith is our QB I'm not just gonna give up and start calling everyone morons.

O.city 01-28-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9360492)
Drew Brees and Jim Plunkett say otherwise.

Naturally I'd rather have Geno, but if Smith is our QB I'm not just gonna give up and start calling everyone morons.

Exceptions

the Talking Can 01-28-2013 11:30 PM

an anagram for smithbonogrbac is

Bag Bitch Morons

Hammock Parties 01-28-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9360497)
Exceptions

Obviously.

But the "1st round QB or die" crowd seems to want to immediately write off the entire organization in the event something else happens.

While I will be extremely disappointed if we don't take a QB in the first, I am not going to give up all hope if we go a different route.*

*Exception: Cassel retention.

tk13 01-28-2013 11:33 PM

The real answer is to sign Smith, draft a 2nd round read option QB, wait two years, profit.

PaulAllen 01-28-2013 11:34 PM

Alex Smith can gobble one of the biggest dicks on earth

O.city 01-28-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9360503)
Obviously.

But the "1st round QB or die" crowd seems to want to immediately write off the entire organization in the event something else happens.

While I will be extremely disappointed if we don't take a QB in the first, I am not going to give up all hope if we go a different route.*

*Exception: Cassel retention.

Well it's statistically shown that its the best way to win a SB, but not the only way

Like Dane said, done really care about the path just that they get there

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9360499)
an anagram for smithbonogrbac is

Bag Bitch Morons

LMAO

DeezNutz 01-28-2013 11:37 PM

Attempts: 445
Completions: 273
3144 yards with 17 TDs and 5 INTs

Attempts 450
Completions: 262
3116 yards with 27 TDs and 7 INTs

Yeah, we haven't seen this shit before. We just didn't run Smith's doppelganger out of KC. Jim Weis's fit fatass fixed the QB, and I'm willing to let this thing play out when we bring in a 29-year-old underachiever whose best season was underwhelming as ****.

It's a good plan. Might work.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9360519)
Attempts: 445
Completions: 273
3144 yards with 17 TDs and 5 INTs

Attempts 450
Completions: 262
3116 yards with 27 TDs and 7 INTs

Yeah, we haven't seen this shit before. We just didn't run Smith's doppelganger out of KC. Jim Weis's fit fatass fixed the QB, and I'm willing to let this thing play out when we bring in a 29-year-old underachiever whose best season was underwhelming as ****.

It's a good plan. Might work.

Stat's do not tell the whole story. There's no way I'd take Cassel over Smith or even compare the two in terms of talent.

the Talking Can 01-28-2013 11:40 PM

i bet there is an underground railroad from frisco to arrowhead

DeezNutz 01-28-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360524)
Stat's do not tell the whole story. There's no way I'd take Cassel over Smith or even compare the two in terms of talent.

The book might not be completely written, but 29 years are penning the final sentences.

Do you possibly believe that this can be an ascending player? I'd say there's no chance in ****.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9360529)
The book might not be completely written, but 29 years are penning the final sentences.

Do you possibly believe that this can be an ascending player? I'd say there's no chance in ****.

First off, he's 28 years old. He'll be 29 in May, so when he begins the season, he's not an "old" 29 year old.

Ascending? Possibly. The guy had terrible coaching from 2005-2010, endured a shoulder injury that caused him to miss the entire 2008 campaign and when he returned, was paired with Singletary and ****ing Jimmy Raye.

Only time will tell if he can win a Super Bowl on a different team but with his pedigree, it wouldn't be shocking.

Hammock Parties 01-28-2013 11:46 PM

Well, you kinda have to consider who Smith was throwing to. It's not like the 49ers were stacked with WR talent.

the Talking Can 01-28-2013 11:46 PM

and it begins....

DeezNutz 01-28-2013 11:52 PM

I'll probably have to take a vacation if we acquire this guy. We're really going to debate whether he's an "old" or "young" 29? Point to deficiencies in coaching and lack of supporting talent to justify consistently disappointing numbers for a team that reaches the SB because he's benched?

Can't do it.

Just like Scott ****ing Pioli pulled a vintage Carl when that NE shitstain rolled into town, Reid/Dorsey would be doing the same idiotic shit. Now, draft a QB at 1/1 AND acquire Smith? Cool.

No problem. Throw numbers at this cluster****. Acquire Smith and then use that move to justify taking a QB only in the late rounds? Dumb****ery at its finest.

I cannot believe this would be a debatable point on this forum.

tk13 01-28-2013 11:53 PM

This thread would be a lot more entertaining with BlackBob. Time to start the petition for reinstatement.

Hammock Parties 01-28-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9360556)
I'll probably have to take a vacation if we acquire this guy. We're really going to debate whether he's an "old" or "young" 29? Point to deficiencies in coaching and lack of supporting talent to justify consistently disappointing numbers for a team that reaches the SB because he's benched?

Can't do it.

Just like Scott ****ing ***** pulled a vintage Carl when that NE shitstain rolled into town, Reid/Dorsey would be doing the same idiotic shit. Now, draft a QB at 1/1 AND acquire Smith? Cool.

No problem. Throw numbers at this cluster****. Acquire Smith and then use that move to justify taking a QB only in the late rounds? Dumb****ery at its finest.

I cannot believe this would be a debatable point on this forum.

I don't think we're debating whether or not it's awesome.

We're just debating whether or not we should throw up our hands in defeat if Alex Smith is our QB next season.

I'm not going to just give up, which is what you seem to be suggesting. He DID get the 49ers to the NFC Championship with an amazing playoff performance. He is not Cassel.

the Talking Can 01-29-2013 12:02 AM

Scary Movie 4 is not like Scary Movie 1, brah...quit being such a dick

Frankie 01-29-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9360426)
Alex Smith has had 7 offensive coordinators in his first 7 years in the league. Amazing how after he had the same coordinator for two years in a row he wound up with a 70.2% completion rate, 13/5 TD/INT ratio, and a 104.1 QB rating (only to be dumped after an injury for Colin K).

I think Reid could do good things with him.

A couple of Smiths on this team would suit me just fine.

:hmmm:

Frankie 01-29-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9360507)
The real answer is to sign Smith, draft a 2nd round read option QB, wait two years, profit.

Sign Smith? If we get him it'll be through a trade. That's why I asked the question that no one dares to answer for fear of getting shat on.

RealSNR 01-29-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9360630)
Sign Smith? If we get him it'll be through a trade. That's why I asked the question that no one dares to answer for fear of getting shat on.

I answered the question

HolyHat 01-29-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9360563)
This thread would be a lot more entertaining with BlackBob. Time to start the petition for reinstatement.

Dane just stated that he wouldn't be shocked if Alex Smith won a Super Bowl. What else do you want?

Fat Elvis 01-29-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9360426)
Alex Smith has had 7 offensive coordinators in his first 7 years in the league. Amazing how after he had the same coordinator for two years in a row he wound up with a 70.2% completion rate, 13/5 TD/INT ratio, and a 104.1 QB rating (only to be dumped after an injury for Colin K).

I think Reid could do good things with him.

A couple of Smiths on this team would suit me just fine.

The flipside of this is that I was looking up Alex Smiths scouting report leading up to his draft and it looked eerily similar to another Smith in this years draft. I mean the accuracy and touchdown to int ratio (including the number of TDs and INTs) was spot on when compared to Geno. I was going to post those numbers until I realized that the numbers that Alex put up were for his entire career at Utah, and the numbers for Geno were for his senior year.

Yep. Geno put up the type of numbers in one year that Alex took three to accumulate in college.

All aboard the Geno express.

Setsuna 01-29-2013 01:23 AM

Ummm if you think Weeden is Methuselah then Smith is a relic. And whoever is considering this is just stupid as heck. If he leaves SF he'll never be as good as he was there. Ever.

B14ckmon 01-29-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9360751)
Ummm if you think Weeden is Methuselah then Smith is a relic. And whoever is considering this is just stupid as heck. If he leaves SF he'll never be as good as he was there. Ever.

Weeden is older than Alex Smith.

Exoter175 01-29-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360053)
Your post is a major contradiction.

When Smith is released, The NY Jets, Bills and Jaguars will most definitely be interested. Teams like the Chiefs and Titans will likely be interested. It wouldn't be a shock to see the Eagles and even the Vikings interested.

With Smith, Peterson, Harvin and Rudolph, the Vikings would be dangerous.

My post wasn't a contradiction, your argument contradicts your standpoint by pointing out that my statement was right.

You just named off 7/32 teams in the NFL. That isn't many, now is it?

DaneMcCloud 01-29-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9360544)
and it begins....

Discussion is always bad.

Drop us a line when you're making the decisions for the Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud 01-29-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9360755)
My post wasn't a contradiction, your argument contradicts your standpoint by pointing out that my statement was right.

You just named off 7/32 teams in the NFL. That isn't many, now is it?

:shake:

How many starting QB jobs are available each year, Genious?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9359751)
I didn't say he would sign with us. I said if we could sign him AS A BACKUP, I'm on board.

While Smith could start for 20 teams or more in this league, he's not going to get many offers to come in and start.

Dumb****ingassery at its finest.

Exoter175 01-29-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360761)

How many starting QB jobs are available each year, Genious?

Dumb****ingassery at its finest.

My god, you are so stupid. Even if there are 13 positions available for starting QB in this league this year, which never happens, he's going to get 3, maybe 4 offers. "interest" is one thing, I could make 32 teams seem as if they have "interest" on twitter. I'm talking fly in, sit down, have lunch, discuss the game, type of interest.

He's going to get very few, here's why. The Niners aren't stupid, they're going to push hard to get a draft pick out of Smith, even if its a 5th, 6th, or 7th rounder. They have a month and a half to do this, they won't just cut him until the last second possible. It works for a PR standpoint as the team "looks" like they are helping him find a home, in reality, they are being greedy with their former first round guy. Nextly, everyone and their mother is going to believe that Harbaugh had a lot more to do with Smith's success than Smith did. Teams don't want to have a guy come in who was ONLY successful under a QB guy like Harbaugh, they want to see someone who could win games regardless of who was the HC or OC, Smith couldn't do that. Because of this, teams are going to have their staff in place before they go after a QB and there's going to be a long, lengthy courtship behind the process. Some teams who are on the fence with this will knowingly pass him up because they know this is going to be quite the process unless they go in guns blazing.

So, while we might hear about 17 teams having interest, we'll only hear about 2-3 teams actually taking a shot with him.

Kind of reminiscent of Kansas City and Andy Reid this off season. Tons of vacancies and a ton of "interest" out there, but when it came down to it, there were two teams in the race and we went in guns blazing.

If smith were smart, he'd consider taking a backup role on a team that is going to take a rookie in the first round, he's chance to "come back" is going to be greater there than anywhere else (aside from the 3 or 4 starting positions he might actually get offered).

DaneMcCloud 01-29-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9360768)
My god, you are so stupid. Even if there are 13 positions available for starting QB in this league this year, which never happens, he's going to get 3, maybe 4 offers. "interest" is one thing, I could make 32 teams seem as if they have "interest" on twitter. I'm talking fly in, sit down, have lunch, discuss the game, type of interest.

He's going to get very few, here's why. The Niners aren't stupid, they're going to push hard to get a draft pick out of Smith, even if its a 5th, 6th, or 7th rounder. They have a month and a half to do this, they won't just cut him until the last second possible. It works for a PR standpoint as the team "looks" like they are helping him find a home, in reality, they are being greedy with their former first round guy. Nextly, everyone and their mother is going to believe that Harbaugh had a lot more to do with Smith's success than Smith did. Teams don't want to have a guy come in who was ONLY successful under a QB guy like Harbaugh, they want to see someone who could win games regardless of who was the HC or OC, Smith couldn't do that. Because of this, teams are going to have their staff in place before they go after a QB and there's going to be a long, lengthy courtship behind the process. Some teams who are on the fence with this will knowingly pass him up because they know this is going to be quite the process unless they go in guns blazing.

So, while we might hear about 17 teams having interest, we'll only hear about 2-3 teams actually taking a shot with him.

Kind of reminiscent of Kansas City and Andy Reid this off season. Tons of vacancies and a ton of "interest" out there, but when it came down to it, there were two teams in the race and we went in guns blazing.

If smith were smart, he'd consider taking a backup role on a team that is going to take a rookie in the first round, he's chance to "come back" is going to be greater there than anywhere else (aside from the 3 or 4 starting positions he might actually get offered).

Dumb.

Just like every other post you've made.

Actually, ****ING dumb.

BigChiefFan 01-29-2013 01:40 AM

No more Matt Cassel's. Take the first round QB and support him. Give him the pieces for success and roll on.

Setsuna 01-29-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9360753)
Weeden is older than Alex Smith.

Yes but Smith has been starting for 8 years in the NFL and has 8 years of NFL wear and tear which makes him older in terms of his body being owned all these years while Weeden just got here and is much fresher. He is an example of a "young" 29 year old. Smith is as old as they come.

Exoter175 01-29-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360769)
Dumb.

Just like every other post you've made.

Actually, ****ING dumb.

Care to explain why? Or do you not like the fact that I disagree with your "expert" statements and dice them up with real, tangible logic?

DaneMcCloud 01-29-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9360772)
Care to explain why? Or do you not like the fact that I disagree with your "expert" statements and dice them up with real, tangible logic?

It's already BEEN explained, BlackBob:

If Smith stays with the 49ers, he's paid $8.5 million dollars. They need to lock up Goldson, amongst other players, so they're not going to pay Smith 8% of their cap to be a backup.

When he hits the market, an eight year veteran with excellent leadership skills will be sought after. Whether it's Buffalo, NY Jets, Tennessee, KC, Philly, Arizona, etc., he will choose where he lands.

You mother****ing dumbass. I'm absolutely SICK of explaining shit to dummies like you.

B14ckmon 01-29-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9360771)
Yes but Smith has been starting for 8 years in the NFL and has 8 years of NFL wear and tear which makes him older in terms of his body being owned all these years while Weeden just got here and is much fresher. He is an example of a "young" 29 year old. Smith is as old as they come.

Weeden is also awful. And he doesn't exactly have time to get better.

DaneMcCloud 01-29-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9360785)

That's right.

Society has decided he'll die on his 30th birthday, anyway.

BTW, no QB ever has won a Super Bowl past age 30.

No one at all.

Exoter175 01-29-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360780)
It's already BEEN explained, BlackBob:

If Smith stays with the 49ers, he's paid $8.5 million dollars. They need to lock up Goldson, amongst other players, so they're not going to pay Smith 8% of their cap to be a backup.

When he hits the market, an eight year veteran with excellent leadership skills will be sought after. Whether it's Buffalo, NY Jets, Tennessee, KC, Philly, Arizona, etc., he will choose where he lands.

You mother****ing dumbass. I'm absolutely SICK of explaining shit to dummies like you.

You must be a closet Alex Smith fan if you think he's a solid veteran with excellent leadership without question marks to his name thanks to Harbaugh. Before Harbaugh was here, people were questioning whether Alex Smith could even be a backup in the NFL, now he's a certified starter in the league, no questions asked?

I'm actually the one getting sick of having to explain logic to you koolaid sipping morons.

If the entire league thinks Harbaugh had more to do with Smith's success in the last two seasons, teams will not jump all over Smith to have him on their roster. The niners know they have until Mid March to deal Smith and they will work towards that, or they will release him. Right now, the Niners have full control of the situation because they are the ones who are going to lose from this deal. They are just trying to minimize how little they truly lose. Smith isn't going to gain much because its basically a 90% guarantee that Smith cannot duplicate his success without Harbaugh, and teams know this. Thus, teams aren't going to jump all over him as a starter.

Trust me, there's going to be 15 teams with interest in him, but only a FEW and I mean FEW teams will consider starting him, despite the fact that he COULD start for 2/3rds of the teams in the NFL.

I'm not sure why you are having such a hard time understand that concept, but you need to do less talking and more reading. Perhaps obtain a "GM for Dummies" book and flip to chapter 7 "Knowing when not to chase Quality Backup QB's to start for your team". There's an interesting segment there referencing the Chiefs, I think you'll like it. Has great pictures.

B14ckmon 01-29-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360789)
That's right.

No one at all.

I fail to see how winning a Super Bowl, and getting better, are mutually inclusive.

Weeden is no Kurt Warner.

Exoter175 01-29-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

That's right.

No one at all.

And every Super Bowl winning QB is White, except ONE, just ONE.

Does this mean we should decide not to draft Geno?

Exoter175 01-29-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9360798)
I fail to see how winning a Super Bowl, and getting better, are mutually inclusive.

Weeden is no Kurt Warner.

Weeden is junk, Big 12 QBs since the Mid 90's have been nothing but junk in the NFL, with few exceptions really.

DaneMcCloud 01-29-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9360794)
You must be a closet Alex Smith fan

LMAO

Are you related to 'Zilla?

ROFL

I've never seen such verbose ****ing nonsense on this forum, outside of 'Zilla.

And JFC, that might be an insult to 'Zilla.

Exoter175 01-29-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360803)
LMAO

Are you related to 'Zilla?

ROFL

I've never seen such verbose ****ing nonsense on this forum, outside of 'Zilla.

And JFC, that might be an insult to 'Zilla.

Way to completely ignore the post, jackass.

No I am not 'Zilla, nor am I Blackbob.

Quit skating around the point.

Are you a closet Alex Smith fan?

Setsuna 01-29-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9360785)

True and true. I just don't see this 7 OC argument people are giving him. After 3 years this dude couldn't look inside himself and try to improve in any capacity. You can succeed despite an OC if you're worth your salt. The QB position is mostly self learning and he still couldn't do it for 6 years before Harbaugh got there and forced him to do it. No thank you.

Quote:

That's right.

No one at all.

OK then let Matt Cassel start again this year. Enough. Youth is the name of the game.

WildTurkey 01-29-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9360771)

Out of those 8 years he's had 1 and 1/4 years of actually playing worth a shit. He's not good enough. I don't have any desire for him to come here even as a backup.

the Talking Can 01-29-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360756)
Discussion is always bad.

Drop us a line when you're making the decisions for the Chiefs.

it's hilarious how butt hurt y'all are about Smith...apparently he can't be made fun of because....well...because you're not a GM!

i'm not going to be part of the rationalizing process for Smith..."why couldn't he win a superbowl? who was he throwing to? maybe he has delayed onset Superbowl disease?"

i'm just going to laugh as we whip ourselves in shape for the next 49er castoff...next verse, same as the first

we rolling like it's 1995, bitch...pump that shit, #1 song on Sept. 3

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WUTJgk0HFqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CoMoChief 01-29-2013 07:29 AM

He'll want to go somewhere where he's gonna start.

I'd take him as a backup though if the price is right. Still need to draft Geno/Wilson in the first rd.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9360794)
I'm actually the one getting sick of having to explain logic to you koolaid sipping morons.

Did you even read the rest of this thread?

Fight with Dane if you must but knock it the **** off with insulting everybody else.

Most of us actually AGREE WITH YOU on this topic.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9360509)
Well it's statistically shown that its the best way to win a SB, but not the only way

Like Dane said, done really care about the path just that they get there

I care about the path.

Alex Smith isn't winning a Super Bowl in KC.

That's silly to even discuss.

O.city 01-29-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361041)
I care about the path.

Alex Smith isn't winning a Super Bowl in KC.

That's silly to even discuss.

While I do agree, to an extent, if the destination is the same I don't care how they get there.

tooge 01-29-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Just ****ing fix it.

This! If the Dorsey/Reid combo thinks Geno is the guy to make this franchise competitive for the next 12 years, then pull the trigger. If not, then pull the trigger on Alex Smith and draft the guy you like best at QB, even if it means moving up. Then do the same thing next year when the crop may be better. It's what Dorsey did in GB, and its what Reid has done in Philly. It resulted in both being perennial contenders other than one or two years in Philly. That is what they will do. We just don't know if they like Geno enough to take him number one. Simple as that.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9361049)
While I do agree, to an extent, if the destination is the same I don't care how they get there.

Dude, you're using hindsight to justify something that hasn't happened yet.

Sure, you CAN get to Chicago by driving from Indianapolis to St. Louis.

But it sure would suck to drive all that way only to find out that there's a bridge out in Hannibal and you're stuck in Missouri.

Personally, I'd rather head straight west out of Indy, the shortest, surest path there is, and hope for the best.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9361078)
This! If the Dorsey/Reid combo thinks Geno is the guy to make this franchise competitive for the next 12 years, then pull the trigger. If not, then pull the trigger on Alex Smith and draft the guy you like best at QB, even if it means moving up. Then do the same thing next year when the crop may be better. It's what Dorsey did in GB, and its what Reid has done in Philly. It resulted in both being perennial contenders other than one or two years in Philly. That is what they will do. We just don't know if they like Geno enough to take him number one. Simple as that.

Sorry man, it's not good enough.

We've already done the "perennial contender" thing. We were the 2nd-winning-est franchise of the decade in the 1990's and have NOTHING to show for it.

I don't care about being competitive, I want to win it all. That's the ONLY reason I'm still here. If we're not shooting for that, I want to know because I'm out.

tooge 01-29-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9360529)

Rich Gannon?

htismaqe 01-29-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9361113)
Rich Gannon?

:Lin:

tooge 01-29-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361083)
Sorry man, it's not good enough.

We've already done the "perennial contender" thing. We were the 2nd-winning-est franchise of the decade in the 1990's and have NOTHING to show for it.

I don't care about being competitive, I want to win it all. That's the ONLY reason I'm still here. If we're not shooting for that, I want to know because I'm out.

So you are Geno or bust then?

htismaqe 01-29-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9361129)
So you are Geno or bust then?

No.

I like Wilson, I like Geno, I even like Barkley.

For a backup, I'd rather see a guy like Jason Campbell.

Marco Polo 01-29-2013 09:33 AM

Appearing on ESPN Radio Tuesday morning, Adam Schefter suggested the Jets trade Darrelle Revis for Alex Smith and a second-round pick

htismaqe 01-29-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9361185)
Appearing on ESPN Radio Tuesday morning, Adam Schefter suggested the Jets trade Darrelle Revis for Alex Smith and a second-round pick

Awesome, I hope they do it.

Then we can tag or re-sign Albert.

2 birds down, 1 to go.

RealSNR 01-29-2013 09:53 AM

You are in rare form, Can.

whoman69 01-29-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9359749)
I would agree, I don't think he'd come here if we were going to draft a QB at 1. But if he was interested in the idea of coming here despite that, I'd be interested. He's a 28 year old former #1 overall pick. He does have raw talent. But I wouldn't trade picks for him or not draft a QB because of him.

It's unbelievable to me that the same board that one year ago was pining for Kyle flipping Orton thinks Alex Smith is beneath them though. That's crazy.

Nobody was pining for Kyle Orton, but most realize he is head and shoulders above Cassel even though he is far from being an elite QB.

Any raw talent that Smith has was exposed in last year's championship game. Being #1 overall isn't enough. You can't claim potential for a guy who has been in the league 8 years and never got to that potential. At some point you just have to admit he is nothing more than a very good game manager.

TEX 01-29-2013 10:28 AM

smith can "ask" but the 49'ers aren't likely to just release a former # 1 pick who can play. If they wait to release him after next season, they will get a 3 round comp. pick. However, they might trade him this year.

Coogs 01-30-2013 09:47 AM

Talking trade now. 4th or 5th rounder in this draft. Chiefs one of teams listed as interested.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...-ravens-012913

the Talking Can 01-30-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9364177)
Talking trade now. 4th or 5th rounder in this draft. Chiefs one of teams listed as interested.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...-ravens-012913

get Marty on the phone and get it done

htismaqe 01-30-2013 10:02 AM

Here's the thing about trading for Smith.

He wants to be a starter, that's why he's asking for his release.

If you bring him in here, are you bringing him in and GUARANTEEING him the starting job?

If not, how can you be sure he won't be a disruptive force in the locker room?

This is just a stupid move, all the way around. Hopefully somebody else gets a deal done so we don't have to listen to it anymore.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2013 10:17 AM

Sweet Jesus, NO.
Posted via Mobile Device