ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Top DC Candidate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268579)

dirk digler 01-07-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9294089)
If the 10 players listed in front of him are Jeockel, Werner, Jones, Te'o, Milliner, Moore, Mingo, Matthiews, Lotulelei and Lewan, then yes, I'd be completely fine with taking the #11 talent. Most valuable position (by far), team's greatest need (by far), greatest potential long term benefit. It's a no-brainer to me.

The stars have aligned.

You are on a roll tonight

Micjones 01-07-2013 08:22 PM

Smith will separate himself either at the Combine or at his Pro Day.
It's still VERY early.

DeezNutz 01-07-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9294109)
Ohhhhhh there is one where he goes two.

It was up in the header on the mock data base yesterday
Posted via Mobile Device

And this is a player who should carry the "character concern" label since he fist ****ed his teammates when they needed him to become bowl eligible.

He should be a late first-rounder at best. At ****ing best.

DeezNutz 01-07-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9294119)
You are on a roll tonight

No doubt. Wonder where the "real keg" is? This dude is far more articulate. :evil:

Mecca 01-07-2013 08:24 PM

So if the pick isn't a qb we're basically talking about letting Albert go to replace or doing it with Hali,it's really about the only options that make sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 01-07-2013 08:26 PM

If Albert's back is seriously ****ed, then there can be a logical reason to entertain the possibility.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9294139)
So if the pick isn't a qb we're basically talking about letting Albert go to replace or doing it with Hali,it's really about the only options that make sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Or we could take Star Lotulelei, because you know we've done such a good job identifying defensive linemen...

Chiefs=Champions 01-07-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9293804)
This argument is completely stupid because there isn't another player that demands the selection. If Megatron were in this draft, I would understand the push to select him. That would actually be a pretty interesting predicament.

But he's not. And the new CBA mitigates any risk involved in taking anyone, regardless of position.

I'd draft a QB at 1/1 and play him immediately. If he doesn't at least flash, I would have zero reservations about drafting another QB in the very next draft.

Ultimately, if you don't have a QB, you simply cannot win a SB in this league, and I'm tired of knowing that the season is lost before it even begins.

This is the best post in this thread. If we dont pick Geno/Wilson who are we taking?!

dirk digler 01-07-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9294149)
If Albert's back is seriously ****ed, then there can be a logical reason to entertain the possibility.

You don't think Stephenson could handle LT?

htismaqe 01-07-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9294149)

You don't take a LT that isn't worth the #1 overall pick just because you need a LT. Duh.

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9294139)
Posted via Mobile Device

which is to say, there are no other options that make sense

not drafting a QB would be a catastrophe...unless for some reason you live in fear of failure, even after 30 years of failure

keg in kc 01-07-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294170)
You don't take a LT that isn't worth the #1 overall pick just because you need a LT. Duh.

Unless you want to model yourself on the dolphins.

Priest31kc 01-07-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9293805)
So what?

This franchise shouldn't draft a guy, just to draft a guy, and further waste the careers of guys like Hali, Charles, Bowe, Johnson, etc.

We've already wasted 5+ years of their career because we traded a 2nd round pick for a backup QB in Matt ****ing Cassel.

Before that we had Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle & Tyler Thigpen.

We're going to further waste their careers if we dont get a franchise QB in here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9293805)
Dumb. I don't give a **** what the Talking Can says, it's ****ing DUMB to draft a QB that's unworthy of the #1 overall selection, just because it hasn't been done in 30 years.

DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

What if a potential franchise QB was rated as the #10 overall player. Would you not take him only nine spots ahead of his projection because he's not rated as the #1 prospect?

You'd rather take an OT or DT? Really!? Weren't you just complaining about taking defensive linemen in the 1st? Yay let's do it again! Lets take a defensive lineman, one thats not a "sure thing" just like there's no "sure thing" QB, over a potential franchise QB, ya know, the most important position in sports, something we dont have.

Its about positional value. And QBs are the most valuable position by far.

And once again...we don't have a QB. And other teams dont either. I highly doubt Geno, Wilson or Barkley last until our 2nd pick. So let's take the 4th best QB instead of the 1st? Makes no sense.

And in your opinion, why isn't Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson worthy of the #1 pick?

Why was Sam Bradford & Cam Newton worthy, but not them?

Mecca 01-07-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294158)
Or we could take Star Lotulelei, because you know we've done such a good job identifying defensive linemen...

I've seen him several times just not a fan...in my opinion Moore and Mingo are the only ones they can justify and that's with Hali moving on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 01-07-2013 08:33 PM

If the LT is Willie Rofesque. I take him in this draft. Especially with Albert's back. I do want a QB no 1 though

Priest31kc 01-07-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294170)

Lol THIS.

Just incredible that Chiefs fans will say you dont take a QB that isn't worth the #1 overall pick just because you need one, BUT IF BRANDEN ALBERTS BACK IS RUINED THEN WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO TAKE THE BEST AVAILABLE LT BECAUSE WERE GUNNA NEED ONE!!11!!

If we had a franchise QB and needed a LT, which we dont, than I would have no problem taking Luke Joeckel #1 overall.

But if we had a franchise QB, we wouldn't be picking #1 overall so...

Mecca 01-07-2013 08:34 PM

Odds are a Qb will cement himself at the top odds are its Geno bacause he doesn't have the physical flaws the others do.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 08:36 PM

chiefs fans will say anything to not take a QB

they have some absolutely inexplicable fear of drafting a QB...they're more afraid of drafting a QB than they are losing for decades...

RealSNR 01-07-2013 08:39 PM

I can't wait until this point next year. The Chiefs will have drafted Geno, he will have gone a full season as the starting QB, very likely exhibiting moderate success/promise/hope for the future.

Kiper/McShay will be yammering about whoever picks #1 overall this year and their likely need for a QB.

And there won't be one there this time. No Geno Smiths or Tyler Wilsons. Just shitty fart ass Teddy Bridgewater.

All they'll be able to talk about is, "Okay, THIS year there are no real QBs available. The team drafting #1 overall should really look to defense or a LT possibly."

And I'll be ****ing laughing my ass off.

SAUTO 01-07-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9294213)
Odds are a Qb will cement himself at the top odds are its Geno bacause he doesn't have the physical flaws the others do.
Posted via Mobile Device

What do you think about Geno?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 01-07-2013 08:41 PM

Shitty fart ass. Love it.

ChiefRocka 01-07-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9294072)
And the LB who is now getting off his ass after getting run over, literally, is in the top 5.

Thus, take the position of greatest need and greatest upside to the organization.

Ultimately, I'll be very surprised if this isn't the approach, since no one else in the draft demands a different one.

Teo is playing like shit isn't he.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9294222)

they have some absolutely inexplicable fear of drafting a QB...they're more afraid of drafting a QB than they are losing for decades...

Losing on wildcard weekend is winning. /Chiefs fans

Priest31kc 01-07-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9294176)
which is to say, there are no other options that make sense

not drafting a QB would be a catastrophe...unless for some reason you live in fear of failure, even after 30 years of failure

Im not understanding what people are afraid of.

They're afraid of taking a QB, but aren't afraid of taking any other position?

This just in: Other positions bust too! We've had several!

What is there to be afraid of?

If he busts, KEEP TRYING until you find one! That's the only way to win in this league.

You'd think Chiefs fans would be "fearless" in FINALLY taking a QB, THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION and scared to death of taking another defensive lineman...But its the other way around.

Chiefs fans are scared of taking a Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, two QBs who have arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence, etc...Something this franchise hasn't had in forever. For some reason, they don't want that.

Mecca 01-07-2013 08:44 PM

Remember when Matt Ryan was a bleh prospect? Let's ask Miami and Atlanta about this.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-07-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9294290)
Remember when Matt Ryan was a bleh prospect? Let's ask Miami and Atlanta about this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sooooo?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs=Champions 01-07-2013 08:45 PM

For the Teo fans, he is directly responsible for two of bamas three touchdowns.

ChiefRocka 01-07-2013 08:45 PM

The pick is a QB. I don't know what all this background noise is.

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9294286)
Im not understanding what people are afraid of.

They're afraid of taking a QB, but aren't afraid of taking any other position?

This just in: Other positions bust too! We've had several!

What is there to be afraid of?

If he busts, KEEP TRYING until you find one! That's the only way to win in this league.

You'd think Chiefs fans would be "fearless" in FINALLY taking a QB, THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION and scared to death of taking another defensive lineman...But its the other way around.

Chiefs fans are scared of taking a Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, two QBs who have arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence, etc...Something this franchise hasn't had in forever. For some reason, they don't want that.

it's a weird disease...only drafting a QB is risky, to chiefs fans, everything else is safe

never mind that the real risk is in NOT drafting a QB...or that we wasted 3 decades playing it safe and have nothing to show for it

another decade of losing is better than 'gasp' drafting a player 5 spots above mel kiper's ranking...

has always been this way, always will

SAUTO 01-07-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9294341)
it's a weird disease...only drafting a QB is risky, to chiefs fans, everything else is safe

never mind that the real risk is in NOT drafting a QB...or that we wasted 3 decades playing it safe and have nothing to show for it

another decade of losing is better than 'gasp' drafting a player 5 spots above mel kiper's ranking...

has always been this way, always will

Glad to see you are rounding into form. Get em
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9294379)
Glad to see you are rounding into form. Get em
Posted via Mobile Device

i've waited my whole life for the #1 pick

neither the walrus, nor jesus will deny me my QB

SAUTO 01-07-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9294395)
i've waited my whole life for the #1 pick

neither the walrus, nor jesus will deny me my QB

I'm rolling with you
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 01-07-2013 08:55 PM

Geno is well worth the ****ing risk and I will not rationalize passing on him.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9294063)
A Qb with a point value of say 90 is more valuable than any other position with a 95+ score just remember that.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know. And I've never stated that the Chiefs shouldn't take a QB with the #1 overall pick. They should.

But Andy Reid today opened the door into next year.

Regardless of CPer's wants, I think it's worthy of discussion.

SAUTO 01-07-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9294415)
Geno is well worth the ****ing risk and I will not rationalize passing on him.

Seems like the perfect ****ing storm
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294068)
By the time the draft rolls around, there will likely be THREE QBs rated higher than 11. It's the nature of the modern game.

Right, which is why I stated specifically that I don't put any stock into ratings like that at this time.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9294072)
And the LB who is now getting off his ass after getting run over, literally, is in the top 5.

And I've stated on several occasions that he's nothing more than a glorified 2nd round selection. I've even gone so far as to state I'd be surprised if he even runs a 4.6 at The Combines.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294088)
That same head coach, when asked about the QB situation in KC, said "they have the first pick in the draft".

Honestly, what do you expect them to say when he HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET? Does anybody expect him to say in his introductory presser "we are gonna take a QB #1 overall"?

WAY too much is being read into it, IMO.

I'm not reading into anything. He said what he said.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9294089)
If the 10 players listed in front of him are Jeockel, Werner, Jones, Te'o, Milliner, Moore, Mingo, Matthiews, Lotulelei and Lewan, then yes, I'd be completely fine with taking the #11 talent. Most valuable position (by far), team's greatest need (by far), greatest potential long term benefit. It's a no-brainer to me.

The stars have aligned.

I know and I appreciated your analysis and insight from yesterday, so thank you.

bricks 01-07-2013 09:03 PM

Chiefs have to take a QB. It's a must imo.

They got the #1 pick in the draft. Come. on. man.

It's easily the biggest position of need on the team. I think they have to approach this draft according to both best talent available to go along with position of need and go by position that has the most value/impact on the team. So value/talent/need should all be taken into consideration when making the #1 pick. To me, that all spells QB.

Where else are they going to find young, and outstanding talent at the position?
I can't think of anywhere else. Where else?

It doesn't come often where your team gets the #1 pick in the draft and has the opportunity to pick the best talent in the country at that position. You have to take a chance, if he is bust. He is a bust. What can you do?

On the other hand, if he is great, your team is rewarded with stability and longevity at the position for years to come. I think it's about being a gunslinger. Hit or miss man. That's just the nature of it and the way it goes.

*Im also open to a project believe it or not. Only because we have a head coach that has a good reputation with QB's. Regardless, I want to see the QB position filled at all cylinders with the #1 pick, perhaps even draft one in either the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and even later rounds. I just want to see it addressed. I would even like to see us bring in a veteran QB. We need a starter, a backup and some good quality depth. Im happy we got a head coach that is good at both evaluating Qb's and developing them. I like our chances and I trust Reid's judgement.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294465)
I'm not reading into anything. He said what he said.

Yeah, and he also said the other. One of them is true and one of them is not.

Or they were both meaningless coach speak. I'm thinking the latter.

DeezNutz 01-07-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294457)
And I've stated on several occasions that he's nothing more than a glorified 2nd round selection. I've even gone so far as to state I'd be surprised if he even runs a 4.6 at The Combines.

I'm sure that tonight's performance isn't surprising NFL personnel guys--at least it shouldn't be surprising them--but if it is, he's cost himself millions.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-07-2013 09:04 PM

Clarky knows that picking a QB #1 overall will also equal $$$$. Said QB will own this town and be given every chance to succeed and faith by it.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9294182)
What if a potential franchise QB was rated as the #10 overall player. Would you not take him only nine spots ahead of his projection because he's not rated as the #1 prospect?

Your question is purely hypothetical so I'll respond with a hypothetical question:

What if a team decides that the two or three or four best quarterback prospects are nearly identical in strengths and weaknesses?

At this point, no one has separated themselves from the pack. What if that trend continues after The Combine?

Once again, this is a year in which (outside of this forum), there is no clear cut Franchise QB.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9294206)
Lol THIS.

Just incredible that Chiefs fans will say you dont take a QB that isn't worth the #1 overall pick just because you need one, BUT IF BRANDEN ALBERTS BACK IS RUINED THEN WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO TAKE THE BEST AVAILABLE LT BECAUSE WERE GUNNA NEED ONE!!11!!

Who said this?

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9294222)

Tell us, which Chiefs fans in this discussion have said NOT to take a first round QB or a QB number one overall?

You ****ing guys are getting your panties in a bunch.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9294271)
Teo is playing like shit isn't he.

He's garbage.

NJChiefsFan 01-07-2013 09:09 PM

As people have alluded to, a lot of the national media has gone into detail about why QB is not worth a #1 pick, but spent little to no effort figuring out what is worth a #1 this year. They either mention Te'o or a LT. LT because it is always seen as a safe pick, and Te'o because of the love for a hyped up(getting their ass kicked in part thanks to Te'o) Notre Dame. Yet they don't talk about how Te'o has major holes. His lack of speed ect.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294497)
Yeah, and he also said the other. One of them is true and one of them is not.

Or they were both meaningless coach speak. I'm thinking the latter.

So, I'll ask again, when is that Coach Speak isn't Coach Speak?

He was asked a direct question by a member of the media. He HAS to know that this team is desperate for a Chiefs drafted, home grown quarterback and said "We need to find another Len Dawson".

So, that being the case, why did he leave himself an out?

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294523)
Tell us, which Chiefs fans in this discussion have said NOT to take a first round QB or a QB number one overall?

You ****ing guys are getting your panties in a bunch.

i'm sorry you got your ass handed to you in this thread

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9294543)
i'm sorry you got your ass handed to you in this thread

You've reverted to your Pre-2009 form of being ****ing stupid.

Nowhere in this thread have I stated that the Chiefs shouldn't draft a QB with the number overall pick, nor have I stated that they shouldn't draft a QB.

Go **** yourself, Dumbass.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294540)
So, I'll ask again, when is that Coach Speak isn't Coach Speak?

He was asked a direct question by a member of the media. He HAS to know that this team is desperate for a Chiefs drafted, home grown quarterback and said "We need to find another Len Dawson".

So, that being the case, why did he leave himself an out?

Why wouldn't he leave himself an out? What possible purpose does it serve to 1) declare his intentions publicly or 2) paint himself into a corner?

And yes he was asked a direct question by a member of the media, I believe it was Howard Eskin (I'm paraphrasing):

Eskin - bad QB situation in KC, how do you plan to fix it?

Reid - they have the #1 pick, don't they?

So which time was he lying?

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294557)
Why wouldn't he leave himself an out? What possible purpose does it serve to 1) declare his intentions publicly or 2) paint himself into a corner?

And yes he was asked a direct question by a member of the media, I believe it was Howard Eskin (I'm paraphrasing):

Eskin - bad QB situation in KC, how do you plan to fix it?

Reid - they have the #1 pick, don't they?

So which time was he lying?

Why would he worry about declaring his intentions publicly when there's no one to fool? They DO hold the #1 overall selection.

Again, he opened that door, not me.

ChiefsCountry 01-07-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9294536)
As people have alluded to, a lot of the national media has gone into detail about why QB is not worth a #1 pick, but spent little to no effort figuring out what is worth a #1 this year. They either mention Te'o or a LT. LT because it is always seen as a safe pick, and Te'o because of the love for a hyped up(getting their ass kicked in part thanks to Te'o) Notre Dame. Yet they don't talk about how Te'o has major holes. His lack of speed ect.

They pimped Te'o because of tonight's game.

DeezNutz 01-07-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294578)
Why would he worry about declaring his intentions publicly when there's no one to fool? They DO hold the #1 overall selection.

At this time last year, IND's public stance was that they didn't know what they would do with the #1 overall pick.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9294604)
At this time last year, IND's public stance was that they didn't know what they would do with the #1 overall pick.

Grigson wasn't hired until January 11th.

:p

htismaqe 01-07-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294578)

Because there's ALWAYS extenuating circumstances to account for.

I wasn't suggesting he was worried about other NFL teams.

But there's no reason to set fan expectation on the day he's hired, before he's done any homework on the situation.

bricks 01-07-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294552)
You've reverted to your Pre-2009 form of being ****ing stupid.

Nowhere in this thread have I stated that the Chiefs shouldn't draft a QB with the number overall pick, nor have I stated that they shouldn't draft a QB.

Go **** yourself, Dumbass.

You're implying that they should draft a QB #1 overall IF that QB is a for sure Blue Chip prospect. A once in 15 year type of talent that comes out (i.e., John Elway and Andrew Luck).

That's a little unrealistic if you ask me. There comes a time where you gotta draw the gun. You don't seem like the guy that is a fan of being a gunslinger. You reek of conservatism. No offense. In other words, you don't want to see them make the pick unless it is a john Elway or Andrew luck type of talent. you don't want to see them take a QB for the sake of taking a qb, but then what about the risk factor involved that comes with drafting a QB?

provided that the QB isn't an Andrew Luck or John Elway but has the POTENTIAL to be good?! Or, could just as easily be a bust? You don't want to face that risk factor do you? Drafts are hit and miss dude. Thats the nature of it.

*Its the conservative approach that the fans are tired of and would like to see a change by taking risks. ESPECIALLY at QB position. It's the conservative approach to the position that has set us back for years. Thats where fans like TC are trying to get at. I understand him all along. Not trying to stick up for the dude but I get where he is going.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294657)
But there's no reason to set fan expectation on the day he's hired, before he's done any homework on the situation.

Thank you

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9294745)
You're implying that they should draft a QB #1 overall IF that QB is a for sure Blue Chip prospect. A once in 15 year type of talent that comes out (i.e., John Elway and Andrew Luck).

That's a little unrealistic if you ask me. There comes a time where you gotta draw the gun. You don't seem like the guy that is a fan of being a gunslinger. You reek of conservatism. No offense. In other words, you don't want to see them make the pick unless it is a john Elway or Andrew luck type of talent. you don't want to see them take a QB for the sake of taking a qb, but then what about the risk factor involved that comes with drafting a QB?

provided that the QB isn't an Andrew Luck or John Elway but has the POTENTIAL to be good?! Or, could just as easily be a bust? You don't want to face that risk factor do you? Drafts are hit and miss dude. Thats the nature of it.

*Its the conservative approach that the fans are tired of and would like to see a change by taking risks. ESPECIALLY at QB position. It's the conservative approach to the position that has set us back for years. Thats where fans like TC are trying to get at. I understand him all along. Not trying to stick up for the dude but I get where he is going.

JFC.

What a bunch of bullshit. In the past 12 years, I've NEVER once stated the Chiefs shouldn't take a QB in the first round. They should have traded their entire ****ing draft for RGIII last year.

My reason for participating in this discussion is that as of today, January 7, 2013, NO QB has separated himself from the pack and as of today, Andy Reid didn't rule out waiting until next year to find a Franchise QB.

People that can't understand that are just plain ****ing stupid. But Bricks, you've ALWAYS been ****ing stupid and worthless, so I'm not surprised.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294746)
Thank you

ROFL

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294784)
ROFL

What's so funny?

SAUTO 01-07-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294762)
JFC.

What a bunch of bullshit. In the past 12 years, I've NEVER once stated the Chiefs shouldn't take a QB in the first round. They should have traded their entire ****ing draft for RGIII last year.

My reason for participating in this discussion is that as of today, January 7, 2013, NO QB has separated himself from the pack and as of today, Andy Reid didn't rule out waiting until next year to find a Franchise QB.

People that can't understand that are just plain ****ing stupid. But Bricks, you've ALWAYS been ****ing stupid and worthless, so I'm not surprised.

maybe he hasn't celebrated new years yet, I could understand it with everything THAT guy has had going on...
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones 01-07-2013 09:54 PM

Somebody answer this...X team is gonna trade with us to draft X? Who is worth trading up to the #1 spot in this draft? You have to take a QB. You're stuck in that spot because there is no player that screams TRADE UP FOR HIM in this draft. So why not take the best available QB while we're there for the first time in our history?

bricks 01-07-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294762)
JFC.

I refuse to acknowledge your opinion of me.

Dane, Im not accusing you of making such statements.

You didn't state it specifically that the Chiefs shouldn't draft a QB, but you definately implied it.

Dude, you're in denial. Bigtime. Go back and read your posts and if read in between the lines it spells out that they shouldn't draft a QB unless that QB is a blue chip.

You want the sure thing. Thats what you've been insisting all along.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294802)
What's so funny?

You started this whole conversation telling everyone to "prepare" themselves for the Chiefs not taking a QB and end it with treating my statement like a concession because I won't put more weight on one of his statements over another.

We are right back where we started...

In 2 interviews, he said 2 different things.

So is he lying in one and not in the other?

Or is it all just bullshit? I still think it's the latter.

SAUTO 01-07-2013 09:58 PM

Lol. "I refuse to acknowledge your opinion of me"

If that doesn't sound like some counseling shit...
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294877)
You started this whole conversation telling everyone to "prepare" themselves for the Chiefs not taking a QB and end it with treating my statement like a concession because I won't put more weight on one of his statements over another.

We are right back where we started...

In 2 interviews, he said 2 different things.

So is he lying in one and not in the other?

Or is it all just bullshit? I still think it's the latter.

I'm actually not putting more weight into one over the other, I acknowledged the possibility, something in which some people aren't prepared to do.

I figured out some years that my opinion of the Chiefs and their moves doesn't mean jack shit. I wanted Ryan in 2008, Sanchez in 2009 (and said that Tyson Jackson was THE worst draft choice in Franchise history, and still stand by that) and would have traded the entire draft for RGIII.

The bottom line is that The Combines are six weeks away, yet some people have already targeted Geno Smith as the undisputed number overall choice.

That may be the case but it's far from a certainty today, despite the wants of some forum members.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9294882)
Lol. "I refuse to acknowledge your opinion of me"

If that doesn't found like some counseling shit...
Posted via Mobile Device

I refuse to acknowledge my opinion of me

milkman 01-07-2013 10:07 PM

Another thread that I wish I had time to read through.

But, oh well.

**** Monte Kiffen.

I am becoming more disenchanted with the Reid hiring by the day.

SAUTO 01-07-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9294957)

But, oh well.

**** Monte Kiffen.

where did you get the idea we were talking about kiffin?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones 01-07-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9294308)
The pick is a QB. I don't know what all this background noise is.

This.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9294843)
You want the sure thing. Thats what you've been insisting all along.

I'm insisting that Andy Reid and the Chiefs believe that they have a sure thing.

At this point, these QB's haven't even separated themselves from each other. How can anyone, with any certainty, proclaim which QB is worthy of the #1 overall pick?

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

But, oh well.

**** Monte Kiffen.

Whole 'nother subject.

You've probably seen as many USC games as I have the past few years and know why he was fired. It was either Monte or both Monte and Lane.

If he's hired, I'll be far from thrilled.

SAUTO 01-07-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294985)
I'm insisting that Andy Reid and the Chiefs believe that they have a sure thing.

At this point, these QB's haven't even separated themselves from each other. How can anyone, with any certainty, proclaim which QB is worthy of the #1 overall pick?

I don't think they are going to take the pick without being sure.

I wish that you would have had the opportunity to see more of Geno Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier 01-07-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

But, oh well.

**** Monte Kiffen.

By the day, meaning three days. Well, you gave it a shot.

bricks 01-07-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294985)

Nobody can. It's like that practically every year though. Last year was an exception.

Mother****erJones 01-07-2013 10:19 PM

ROFL at people dissing Reid after 3 days and he hasnt hired anyone yet. Youre knocking the guy before he's done anything here. Atleast wait til theres A hire

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9295012)
I don't think they are going to take the pick without being sure.

I wish that you would have had the opportunity to see more of Geno Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

Me, too.

I saw plenty of Barkley and while he may be a good fit for Reid's WCO, he shouldn't go higher than around #20 because he was really exposed in 2012. He may even have medical issues which cause him to fall even lower.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294948)
I'm actually not putting more weight into one over the other, I acknowledged the possibility, something in which some people aren't prepared to do.

I figured out some years that my opinion of the Chiefs and their moves doesn't mean jack shit. I wanted Ryan in 2008, Sanchez in 2009 (and said that Tyson Jackson was THE worst draft choice in Franchise history, and still stand by that) and would have traded the entire draft for RGIII.

The bottom line is that The Combines are six weeks away, yet some people have already targeted Geno Smith as the undisputed number overall choice.

That may be the case but it's far from a certainty today, despite the wants of some forum members.

Your first few posts in this thread sure seemed like you did.

You seemed convinced that they were going to disappoint everybody.

I'm sure a lot if it has to do with your conviction about the QB situation in this draft.

For me, I don't put a lot of stock in it. They'll either take a QB or they won't. Nothing he's said in these last 4 days will figure into that decision at all.