ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life ****Official 2013 Weight Loss Challenge**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268338)

Buck 03-19-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9514471)
Have you done that though? I bet that would just obliterate fat cells.

Yeah. I did for a while.

I was losing about 5-7 lbs a week doing it.

The Franchise 03-19-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9514471)
Have you done that though? I bet that would just obliterate fat cells.

I'm doing IF and low carb at the same time. I'm not fasting 36 hours once a week.....but I am fasting 18 hours a day.

The Franchise 03-19-2013 05:12 PM

As it is right now.....I have a 1600 calorie limit....less than 20 carbs and I can only eat between 2 pm and 8 pm.

Buck 03-19-2013 05:14 PM

God damn dude, you're gonna lose the weight in no time.

Just make sure you're getting enough protein.

I know that keto is 65/30/5, but I prefer something like 55/40/5, with 55 being fat and 40 being protein.

The Franchise 03-19-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9514493)
God damn dude, you're gonna lose the weight in no time.

Just make sure you're getting enough protein.

I know that keto is 65/30/5, but I prefer something like 55/40/5, with 55 being fat and 40 being protein.

I generally end up eating equal amounts of fat or protein......or more protein than fat.

By the end of the day.....I'm usually around 120-130 grams of protein.

The Franchise 03-19-2013 05:19 PM

Have you found anything that's sweet that has a low amount of carbs?

I've tried a couple of recipes....but they all end up tasting like shit.

Buck 03-19-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9514506)
Have you found anything that's sweet that has a low amount of carbs?

I've tried a couple of recipes....but they all end up tasting like shit.

Yes.

Look up low carb flax muffin. There are a bunch of different recipes depending on what flavor you want. Very high in fiber too.

The Franchise 03-19-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9514519)
Yes.

Look up low carb flax muffin. There are a bunch of different recipes depending on what flavor you want. Very high in fiber too.

I'll give them a try.

I tried some peanut butter "pudding" that was ok. It's basically just some sugar free sweetner, natural peanut butter (3 carbs for 2 tbsps) and heavy whipping cream.

The Franchise 03-19-2013 05:30 PM

Ok....so I know you talk about it all of the time....but clue me in on coconut oil.

Buck 03-19-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9514529)
Ok....so I know you talk about it all of the time....but clue me in on coconut oil.

Coconut oil is pretty much just pure fat, but it's delicious (has a coconuty flavor though) and it's great for cooking because it has a high smoke point. I cook my eggs in it and mix it into my coffee. It makes my coffee super creamy...I also put heavy whipping creme in my coffee.

It also lubricates your intestines and makes bowel movements easier.

The Franchise 03-19-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9514536)
Coconut oil is pretty much just pure fat, but it's delicious (has a coconuty flavor though) and it's great for cooking because it has a high smoke point. I cook my eggs in it and mix it into my coffee. It makes my coffee super creamy...I also put heavy whipping creme in my coffee.

It also lubricates your intestines and makes bowel movements easier.

Cool. I just know that it's expensive as shit at my local grocery store. I might see if I can find a smaller jar for cheaper to try it out.

Buck 03-19-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9514550)
Cool. I just know that it's expensive as shit at my local grocery store. I might see if I can find a smaller jar for cheaper to try it out.

Trader Joes has it for pretty cheap.

The Franchise 03-19-2013 05:55 PM

I'll have to look there tomorrow.

lewdog 03-19-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9513135)
So you're saying cardio one day, weights the next won't make my gut smaller while building my arms and chest? I've already done this routine in the past and that's exactly what happened. I think you're over thinking this.

It is called science and he is exactly right. What you see as "building" your chest/arms, it actually the different look of your muscle with less fat on them. Muscle naturally look bigger with less fat on them. Muscle is built in a calorie surplus. If you are losing weight and in a calorie deficit, you are not really building any real amount of muscle at that time. Only way that you can lose fat and build muscle at the same time is steroids.

cdcox 03-30-2013 11:51 AM

171 today. Total of 18 lbs lost. My initial goal of 170 is within sight, but I'm going to keep going to 165 and reassess there.

Buck 03-30-2013 11:56 AM

I was 184.8 yesterday. I'll weigh in officially on Monday.

phisherman 03-30-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9541313)
171 today. Total of 18 lbs lost. My initial goal of 170 is within sight, but I'm going to keep going to 165 and reassess there.

Keep on going!

I started at 228 last year and my end goal was 185. I'm now at 170 and the weight just kind of keeps dropping off as I keep running more and more miles. I think I need to start eating even more. It's funny; I eat more now than I did when I was heavy. I need the energy for running!

Saulbadguy 03-30-2013 12:08 PM

174 for the month.

cdcox 03-30-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9541338)
Keep on going!

I started at 228 last year and my end goal was 185. I'm now at 170 and the weight just kind of keeps dropping off as I keep running more and more miles. I think I need to start eating even more. It's funny; I eat more now than I did when I was heavy. I need the energy for running!

I walk a little and always take the stairs, but not much else for exercise, so I really have to watch what I eat to lose weight. I've been going slow carb (basically low carb plus beans). I'm also using low fat meats when convenient to keep the calories low. I've only been hungry a few times and the cheat day keeps the cravings at bay.

When I get to my target weight I plan on dumping the cheat day, adding back fruits, some cheese, and whole grains, with maybe 2 servings of white starches and 2 dessert servings per week. If I start gaining weight I can always go back on the diet for a couple weeks to get back to my target and then reassess.

I also want to get my blood checked before I go off this so I can keep track of the effect of diet on blood chemistry.

Buck 03-31-2013 07:34 AM

Hmmm...

180.8 this morning. Quite the fluctuation. I don't know whether this is closer to my true # or if 184.8 from yesterday is.

candyman 03-31-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9514844)
It is called science and he is exactly right. What you see as "building" your chest/arms, it actually the different look of your muscle with less fat on them. Muscle naturally look bigger with less fat on them. Muscle is built in a calorie surplus. If you are losing weight and in a calorie deficit, you are not really building any real amount of muscle at that time. Only way that you can lose fat and build muscle at the same time is steroids.

Then how do you explain my ability to do more reps and my increased bench max?

lewdog 03-31-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9543342)

Strength has very little to do with muscle and is more about neuronal firing patterns for the movement you practice every time you hit the gym. I have been gaining strength on squats, deads and bench for the past 6 months and haven't gained a pound because I am not eating to gain muscle, which takes a calorie surplus.

lewdog 03-31-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9543342)

And I can't tell if you are here to get help from those who know or if you already know it all? It shouldn't surprise you that there are a few here who have degrees in this sort of field, practice what we preach and even compete in weighlifting competitions. I am not here to toot my own horn but to really clear up so many myths that the fitness "industry" has told to make a quick buck. It really is simpler than anyone really thinks.

I would gladly be of assistance to anyone on this board who is here to get serious about getting in shape, stronger, leaner or anything in between.

candyman 03-31-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9543350)
And I can't tell if you are here to get help from those who know or if you already know it all?

Not tryying to come off that way, just assumed when I workout and my arms get bigger around/bench increases that I must be gaining muscle. So it's not possible to lose your gut and build your arms/chest at the same time? Because my diet, cardio every other day, and weights on the other days have equated to that for the last few years. I let myself go all winter every year, arms get smaller, chest gets flatter, gut gets bigger...and weight goes up.

cdcox 03-31-2013 09:25 AM

I'm pretty sure when I was cycling a lot my thighs got larger while my body weight went down. My jeans were tighter in the thighs. I was doing nothing to build my upper body at the time so I wonder the same thing as candyman.

Buck 03-31-2013 09:55 AM

Yeah I don't know. I'm full on low carb and I definitely think my muscles have gotten bigger from lifting, but it also probably has to do with losing the fat around the muscle too.

lewdog 03-31-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9543443)
Not tryying to come off that way, just assumed when I workout and my arms get bigger around/bench increases that I must be gaining muscle. So it's not possible to lose your gut and build your arms/chest at the same time? Because my diet, cardio every other day, and weights on the other days have equated to that for the last few years. I let myself go all winter every year, arms get smaller, chest gets flatter, gut gets bigger...and weight goes up.

As I said, you can a can muscle/lose fat for the first 4-6 weeks of newb gains, which sounds like you hit every year since you let yourself go over the winter. The "increase" in the size of your muscle is likely sarcoplasmic fluid which doesn't necessary increase the contractile proteins and size of muscle fibers. Likely that what you notice is an increase in the ability to see your muscle with the fat decreasing over them. Are you just going by how they look or are you actually measuring your arms getting "bigger?"

lewdog 03-31-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9543519)
Yeah I don't know. I'm full on low carb and I definitely think my muscles have gotten bigger from lifting, but it also probably has to do with losing the fat around the muscle too.

Definitely losing fat. Many bodybuilders I know look like they have much bigger muscles at contest weights that are 20-30 lbs below their offseason weight when their muscles are measured to actually be bigger. Shadows are a great thing!

1ChiefsDan 03-31-2013 09:44 PM

235.4 this morning. Down 16.2 overall.

Buck 04-01-2013 07:40 AM

Ok my official weight for this month is 184.2. Yesterday was an aberration.

NewChief 04-01-2013 08:18 AM

Any of you tried or heard of Isagenix?

Some folks I know and respect in the fitness industry are pumping it pretty hard. It kind of surprises me because these aren't the type of people who generally subscribe to this sort of thing.

The Franchise 04-01-2013 09:21 AM

235 for April 1st. Doesn't seem as good considering my starting weight was 239 in January.....but at the end of March I was up to 250. So 15 lbs in a month.

Buck 04-01-2013 09:31 AM

That's kickass dude. Keep it up.

Buck 04-13-2013 06:33 PM

Down to 181.4 today, but more impressively I busted out 40 pushups in a row and didn't slow down at all and probably could have done 50 easy but my ****ing cat decided that she wanted to hangout right under me when I got to 40.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 06:36 PM

is luv still fat? it's been a year, checking in.

plenty of time for you to have gotten skinny, what's up girl?

Buck 04-13-2013 06:37 PM

Just did my first ever 2 minute plank.

cdcox 04-13-2013 09:56 PM

I'm at 168 today. Down 21 pounds from late January.

1ChiefsDan 05-01-2013 07:50 AM

Down to 228 (-23.6 since the first of the year)

Oh, can you update my name in the OP - changed from IamTheWarus back to DenverDanChiefsFan.

Buck 05-01-2013 10:20 AM

Forgot to weigh myself today. Was 181.0 on Saturday.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-01-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9648480)
Forgot to weigh myself today. Was 181.0 on Saturday.

That's pretty good, man. Sometimes the pounds come with dating. :thumb:

Buck 05-01-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9648506)
That's pretty good, man. Sometimes the pounds come with dating. :thumb:

She and I have the two least compatible diets you could think of. She's a vegetarian and I'm on Keto. Its tough to eat the same things, but we adapt our meals so that we can both eat.

She made me some taco shells out of shredded cheese the other night that were amazing and she cooked me ground beef and herself soy meat.

Basically, she fully supports what I'm doing.

However, I'm on the verge of quitting Keto, but I'm still going to eat healthy. No junk food allowed.

Great Expectations 05-01-2013 10:35 AM

Down to 212 which is 37 down from my November start date. I've hit a little bit of a wall, but need to be under 200 by the middle of June.

Buck 05-01-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9648544)
Down to 212 which is 37 down from my November start date. I've hit a little bit of a wall, but need to be under 200 by the middle of June.

Keto it up for a month and you'll be golden.

PunkinDrublic 05-01-2013 12:53 PM

Made it down to 172lbs at the end of my 3 week juice fast. I'm never juice fasting for that long again. Two weeks semi annually is enough for me.

keg in kc 05-01-2013 12:55 PM

I ain't doing so well this year. I don't even want to know what I weigh today. My next weigh in will be June 1.

Buck 05-03-2013 01:08 AM

Recent pic of me. Ballin.

http://i.imgur.com/4vfWpTK.jpg?1

LoneWolf 05-03-2013 04:26 AM

Didn't join the challenge last year, but I went from my heaviest weight ever of 235 lbs. to current weight of 181 lbs. Participating in my first GoRuck challenge this weekend. Wish me luck and check out GoRuck.com for details of the hell I'm going to put myself through on Saturday.

31PriestWay 05-24-2013 06:16 AM

Down to 200

Hammock Parties 05-24-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9654461)
Recent pic of me. Ballin.

http://i.imgur.com/4vfWpTK.jpg?1

Look at this sexy beast.

BUT DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT HIGH CHOLESTEROL?

luv 05-28-2013 08:02 AM

Down 11 lbs in the last week and a half! Basically a weight watcher's type of thing without actually going to weight watchers. I know their point system is to keep you under a certain amount of calories per day. I'm doing that on my own.

For those of you who I "yelled" at for pushing the no carbs things down my throat: while I'm still eating carbs, I try to avoid a majority of them if I can. People keep saying to get tortilla rolls instead. One tortilla has as many calories as two slices od the bread I was eating!

I'm avoiding too many deep fried foods. Not because of the saturated fat, but because it's so high in calories. I'm not depriving myself, but I have definitely cut back, even if not intentionally.

I still eat the occasional sweet, but only if my calories allow it. Last night, I was able to get a small strawberry cheesecake Blizzard, which is 510 calories, and I was still under my calories for the day! I have a major sweet tooth. Whenever I have the urge, I will sometimes chew a piece of gum or suck on a Life Saver.

My downfall is still soda. While I won't touch anything that isn't 0 calorie, I know it's still bad for me.

Exercise is going great. Derby seems to have killed my knees for jogging, but I still get out and walk when time allows and doing a little outdoor skating. I have derby practice for two hours twice per week. I even got out on my bike yesterday!

Saul Good 05-28-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9713732)
Down 11 lbs in the last week and a half! Basically a weight watcher's type of thing without actually going to weight watchers. I know their point system is to keep you under a certain amount of calories per day. I'm doing that on my own.

For those of you who I "yelled" at for pushing the no carbs things down my throat: while I'm still eating carbs, I try to avoid a majority of them if I can. People keep saying to get tortilla rolls instead. One tortilla has as many calories as two slices od the bread I was eating!

I'm avoiding too many deep fried foods. Not because of the saturated fat, but because it's so high in calories. I'm not depriving myself, but I have definitely cut back, even if not intentionally.

I still eat the occasional sweet, but only if my calories allow it. Last night, I was able to get a small strawberry cheesecake Blizzard, which is 510 calories, and I was still under my calories for the day! I have a major sweet tooth. Whenever I have the urge, I will sometimes chew a piece of gum or suck on a Life Saver.

My downfall is still soda. While I won't touch anything that isn't 0 calorie, I know it's still bad for me.

Exercise is going great. Derby seems to have killed my knees for jogging, but I still get out and walk when time allows and doing a little outdoor skating. I have derby practice for two hours twice per week. I even got out on my bike yesterday!

Good work. I drink WAY to much soda (mostly diet) and beer and also have a sweet tooth. That isn't going away, though. What I do to offset my soda habit a bit is to do pushups in my office after each trip to the restroom. I start with 50 and go down by ten each time. It at least makes me think twice about grabbing another soda in the afternoon when my arms hurt from 120 pushups. It's not even close to perfect, but my eating/drinking habits never will be, so I try to eliminate as much of the bad as I can stand while doing little things to temper the bad habits I keep.

I'm within 2-3 pounds of my ideal weight now, so I'm not sweating it too much compared to when I was 20 pounds heavier.

luv 05-28-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9713754)
Good work. I drink WAY to much soda (mostly diet) and beer and also have a sweet tooth. That isn't going away, though. What I do to offset my soda habit a bit is to do pushups in my office after each trip to the restroom. I start with 50 and go down by ten each time. It at least makes me think twice about grabbing another soda in the afternoon when my arms hurt from 120 pushups. It's not even close to perfect, but my eating/drinking habits never will be, so I try to eliminate as much of the bad as I can stand while doing little things to temper the bad habits I keep.

I'm within 2-3 pounds of my ideal weight now, so I'm not sweating it too much compared to when I was 20 pounds heavier.

I've found that I'm not as hungry whenever I drink a soda. So, I figure if I can curb my appetite with a zero calorie soda, then it's better than the alternative. I just have to stop being "better than I was" and start being "as good as I can be". I'm a long ways from it, but I'm heading in the right direction.

cdcox 05-28-2013 09:48 AM

I've went off slow carb about two weeks ago. At that time my weight was steady at 167 over several weeks. Blood chemistry was much improved. I've added yogurt, fruits, high carb veggies like sweet potatos and beets, into my diet. Still limiting white carbs (sugar, flour, pasta, white rice, potatos). I've dropped as low as 165 since making the switch, but am allowing my self the occasional cheat, which is keeping me in the 166 to 167 range. Since making the switch I'm not eating as much protein, so I'm Leary that if I lose more weight it will start coming from muscle mass.

Dayze 05-28-2013 09:51 AM

my wife's boss owns Title Boxing and she gets an amazing discount. Considering it heavily. there's one right on my way home from work, and 1 about 3 miles from my house.

anyone ever done it?

Saul Good 05-28-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9713886)
my wife's boss owns Title Boxing and she gets an amazing discount. Considering it heavily. there's one right on my way home from work, and 1 about 3 miles from my house.

anyone ever done it?

You won't learn to box, but it's a good workout.

Dayze 05-28-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9713902)
You won't learn to box, but it's a good workout.

cool. yeah, not really concerned about learning to box.
Hmm.
I think she said something like she can get it for $13/month or something ridiculously cheap.

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9713732)
I still eat the occasional sweet, but only if my calories allow it. Last night, I was able to get a small strawberry cheesecake Blizzard, which is 510 calories, and I was still under my calories for the day!

Skip the real ice cream and get these instead.

http://www.breyers.com/product/categ...3546/carbsmart

http://www.breyers.com/Images/510/51...nd_300x300.png

luv 05-28-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9714101)

This has 80 less calories (although twice the carbs). Mmmmm....

http://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=12

Cannibal 05-28-2013 11:53 AM

I didn't get in on this thread from the start because I wasn't sure if, or when I would get started on my regimine, but I've successfully lost 17 lbs in about a 1.5 months.

We bought a hi-tech Nordic Trac treadmill. Been doing 3-4 miles per day on that and reducing caloric intake. Haven't had any beef in about 3 weeks. Mostly chicken, fish and some pork.

While I don't enjoy exercise, it makes the dieting easier because I don't have to starve myself. I really haven't been eating that much less than I was, so I'm not going nuts with hunger.

I cut out pasta, sugar, potatos and those types of carbs. But still eat a little rice and bread (not too much though). I won't ever do Atkins (low carb) again. It's too restrictive.

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 11:54 AM

I recently bought a bike, BTW, and have added about 50 miles of biking a week to my routine. It's fantastic. I far prefer it over any kind of running or jogging. And I feel obligated to do it to justify the cost of the bike. LMAO

Cannibal 05-28-2013 11:55 AM

When I go out for Mexican with friends, I order fajitas, instead of the big combo meals I used to get.

When we go to a burger or sandwich joint, I order a side salad in lieu of the big plate of french fries.

Cannibal 05-28-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9714184)
I recently bought a bike, BTW, and have added about 50 miles of biking a week to my routine. It's fantastic. I far prefer it over any kind of running or jogging. And I feel obligated to do it to justify the cost of the bike. LMAO

My bro bikes. He's got a Cannondale.

He needs to get a helmet though.

I watched Prometheus while using the treadmill yesterday. I like to watch movies or TV to pass the time while treadmilling.

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 11:59 AM

I hate treadmills, too. Going outside is a good way to get a tan, also. Win win.

luv 05-28-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9714197)
I hate treadmills, too. Going outside is a good way to get a tan, also. Win win.

I, too, hate treadmills. I hate gyms. I much prefer being outside. I don't care if I look funny walking, jogging, riding a bike, or outdoor skating. 1. Maybe it's a reminder to people that everyone starts somewhere, and 2. they only have to look at me for a few seconds.

Donger 05-28-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9714184)

Good for you. Road or mountain?

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9714217)
Good for you. Road or mountain?

No mountains here.

Donger 05-28-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9714224)
No mountains here.

Don't skimp on the shorts. Get some with a good chamois, preferably gel.

Nashbar.com

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 12:18 PM

Oh man. My tight butt will look so good in those.

keg in kc 05-28-2013 01:11 PM

Cycling is great. I just finished 25 miles. So much easier on my knees than running (which I finally gave up for good this year).

A few words of advice: ride VERY defensively. Always assume that nobody gives a shit about you. Always assume that nobody is paying attention to where they are or what they're doing. Always assume that nobody has any idea what's going on around them. So take it upon yourself to protect yourself. Learn your trail/street/wherever you're riding. Slow down on blind curves. Yes it's annoying, but losing 10 seconds of speed is better than losing 2 months of mobility because you went spinning over your handlebars. And watch out for strollers. Because they're the worst. Especially strollers with dogs on long leashes.

Saul Good 05-28-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9714213)
I, too, hate treadmills. I hate gyms. I much prefer being outside. I don't care if I look funny walking, jogging, riding a bike, or outdoor skating. 1. Maybe it's a reminder to people that everyone starts somewhere, and 2. they only have to look at me for a few seconds.

Don't worry about how you look. When I'm running/training and see a heavy person doing the same, it makes me respect them because I'm sure it's hard physically AND mentally to get started.

I read a discussion on another site recently about this, and an in-shape poster mentioned that he/she always tries to encourage the obvious newbies. The response by a fatty was that doing this just made him more self-conscious because he knew that he was getting encouraged mainly because of his weight.

I understand it, but that kind of thinking is counter-productive and creates a self-perpetuating cycle. Go work out, and be proud that you're out there kicking ass.

When I first started to get serious about working out, I used to run with a girl (woman) from across the street. It would be hot as hell, and we'd sometimes see super in-shape women wearing next to nothing or buff guys running with no shirts on. The girl I was running with made a comment about it one time, and I told her that if we looked like that, we wouldn't be wearing shirts when it was that hot, either. Now, I don't wear a shirt when I run if it's hot out.

I'm not ripped or anything, but I look pretty damned good if I can say so. It's WAY more comfortable to run without a big sweaty t-shirt on. I went for a run yesterday wearing a white t-shirt because it was cool out. A few miles in, the clouds broke, and it got hot and humid. I was sweating my ass off and soaked right through the shirt. I remember thinking, "now I remember why I hated wearing shirts when running". It sucks.

Rambling aside, my point is that it's important to have goals...not just, "lose X pounds" goals, but little triggers along the way. Things like, "I want to run a mile in under 10 minutes", "I want to run a 5k", "I want to run at under a 9 minute pace", or even, "I want to be able to run in weather appropriate (small) clothing and not feel self-conscious about my looks when doing it" are all great motivators. I'm using running as an example, but the same mindset can be used for anything. Sometimes it's hard to notice your own progress until you create these milestones for yourself. That way, you can look back and think, "I remember when I threw up after running a mile because I sprinted at the end trying to break 11 minutes, but today I ran a 5k in under 30 minutes". Success feeds on itself.

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 01:36 PM

Luv needs to get in the gym so she can reap the benefits of weight training.

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9714346)
Cycling is great. I just finished 25 miles. So much easier on my knees than running (which I finally gave up for good this year).

A few words of advice: ride VERY defensively. Always assume that nobody gives a shit about you. Always assume that nobody is paying attention to where they are or what they're doing. Always assume that nobody has any idea what's going on around them. So take it upon yourself to protect yourself. Learn your trail/street/wherever you're riding. Slow down on blind curves. Yes it's annoying, but losing 10 seconds of speed is better than losing 2 months of mobility because you went spinning over your handlebars. And watch out for strollers. Because they're the worst. Especially strollers with dogs on long leashes.

My favorite part of day biking is all the hot MILFs out watering and gardening in short shorts.

I slow down for those curves.

luv 05-28-2013 01:42 PM

I absolutely adore outdoor skating (I have quads). I love the workout, and I love to feel the wind in my hair. I also love that I can take my skates anywhere without a hassle. I hate, however, being on the constant lookout for rocks, oversized cracks, etc. I love riding my bike for that reason, but I have no way to haul it to the closest trail. Currently, that is. The apartment I'm moving to is a couple of miles of back road away from a biking trail. I cannot wait! June 7 is my moving date. Also, it'll be a bit of a workout to carry my bike up and down three flights of stairs. :)

luv 05-28-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9714398)
My favorite part of day biking is all the hot MILFs out watering and gardening in short shorts.

I slow down for those curves.

How come you say hot MILFs and then say that Carlota probably has a mom body like it's a bad thing? A MILF isn't just an older woman. That would be a cougar. A MILF is a mom, thus having a mom body.

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9714417)
How come you say hot MILFs and then say that Carlota probably has a mom body like it's a bad thing? A MILF isn't just an older woman. That would be a cougar. A MILF is a mom, thus having a mom body.

Outstanding.

Saul Good 05-28-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9714417)

There are plenty of moms who don't have mom bodies.

Donger 05-28-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9714346)

Yep, and families on the trail with little kids on bikes. "On your left" makes them immediately look over their left shoulder and into your way.

Donger 05-28-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9714234)
Oh man. My tight butt will look so good in those.

I'm happy for you and your boyfriend.

keg in kc 05-28-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9714476)
Yep, and families on the trail with little kids on bikes. "On your left" makes them immediately look over their left shoulder and into your way.

Yep. A family with little kids on bikes is exactly what caused my spill last fall. I didn't get hurt much at all, but it took me months to get my bike back together and working again. I've only been back riding a little over a month now.

Oh, and if you're going to ride a lot, wear a helmet. I know it lowers your cool factor, and I know it can be hot and uncomfortable, but (literally) every time I've taken a dive I've somehow managed to hit my head on the ground. My helmet is the only reason my brain isn't more scrambled than it already was.

1ChiefsDan 06-01-2013 06:31 AM

Formerly I Am The Walrus
229.8 down 21.8 for the year. This was a bad week. I was at 225.4 to start the week :banghead: