ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435467)
This.

No excuses, 2010.

What do you want for 2010 Deez? Realistically speaking of course.

RustShack 01-11-2010 06:28 PM

They might as well cancel the Playoffs and give us the Lombadi trophy now.

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6435473)
From a different source....Press conference to be held Wednesday. Crennel to assume duties immediately and will work the Shrine game as the DC of the Chiefs.

Booya. I wonder if we have the same source.

booger 01-11-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6435406)
Do you put peanut butter on your balls?

um no. not for years.
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 6435407)
When I heard the news, I played with my balls, farted, then flipped a kid off.

What makes you think he doesn't get it?

ROFL

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6435482)
What do you want for 2010 Deez? Realistically speaking of course.

8-8.

And not getting there through the back door with a 3-7 start or some bullshit.

We need to be a team who appears "in the playoff picture" but falls short.

This is my minimum. Anything else is a failure.

Oh, and I expect a superb ****ing draft.

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:31 PM

CP FTMFW, again.

Lzen 01-11-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435477)
Does that mean his unit will give up a lot of yards and points?

ROFL

Thats fugged up, dude.

ROFL

RustShack 01-11-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435490)
8-8.

Last years Cardinals anyone?

booger 01-11-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6435429)
From what I was told last week, he will be given the option of being the secondary coach with Ronnie Bradford. I think he's going to stay. Crennel I believe will coach the DLine as well. There were discussions of bringing in the Giants fired dline coach, but I'm not sure that's an option now.

thanks to you and BRC both for keeping us posted!

Nightfyre 01-11-2010 06:32 PM

Did WPI get this scooped? LOL

Sure-Oz 01-11-2010 06:33 PM

Nice!

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs (Post 6435481)
Wait... I'm applauding you and all...

but didn't he also say Cowher was Imminent?

nope. Nothing about Cohwer. Evah. That was from another source. Same one that just told me about the press conference...actually.:doh!:

keg in kc 01-11-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

8-8.

8-8 is what I expect as well, although for me it's more of a "7-9 to 9-7" thing. They should be closer to league average in talent next year, rather than fighting up from the bottom.

Hell, if they finished 8-8 after 3-7, I'd even be okay with that. 5-1 to end the year isn't anything to sneeze at. Now if they finished 3-7 after starting 5-1, Donkey-style, then that would be another story.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

From a different source....Press conference to be held Wednesday. Crennel to assume duties immediately and will work the Shrine game as the DC of the Chiefs.

Good for our draft.

Titty Meat 01-11-2010 06:35 PM

Where was WIPE on this one GoChiefs?

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6435484)
Booya. I wonder if we have the same source.

Same thing you heard huh?

This isn't from "the source" thats never been wrong. But it seems solid.

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6435510)

He says they have had it for a while.

Titty Meat 01-11-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6435522)
He says they have had it for a while.

Even though contract disucssion didn't begin until last week ;)

BucEyedPea 01-11-2010 06:38 PM

I HATE this! :deevee:

FAX 01-11-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Awesome news.

Of course, there will be Crennel Haters, too. But, this is a major upgrade to our staff. Clark is, at least, shelling out some moolah for coaches which is good.

Crennel is well-versed in the 3/4 and knows how to game plan for the enemy. I'm very happy with the additions of Weis and Crennel.

FAX

Extra Point 01-11-2010 06:41 PM

MAYBE Crennel can get some good position coaches in here. Rotsa ruck!

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

8-8.

I agree, for the most part, but whats the difference if this team has a some close games that lead to a 3-7 start, then get hot and finish 8-8? Going 5-1 down the stretch would not be a bad thing.

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435507)
8-8 is what I expect as well, although for me it's more of a "7-9 to 9-7" thing. They should be closer to league average in talent next year, rather than fighting up from the bottom.

Hell, if they finished 8-8 after 3-7, I'd even be okay with that. 5-1 to end the year isn't anything to sneeze at. Now if they finished 3-7 after starting 5-1, Donkey-style, then that would be another story.

Yeah, I can understand how a strong second half could be viewed as a real positive.

For me, however, I want to see consistency, starting with how the FO performs this off-season and then extending to Sundays in the regular season.

Sweet Dick Willy 01-11-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

8-8.

Perfectly acceptable and reasonable.

Ralphy Boy 01-11-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 6435498)
Last years Cardinals anyone?

Except that last years Cardinals had a TON of talent on defense. Say whatever you want about Clancy, and I'm glad he's no longer DC, but the Cardinals added some serious talent on that side of the ball with him as DC.

Dansby, Dockett, Rodgers-Cromartie, Rolle, Calais Campbell.

Not saying all of those guys were his picks, but he is due a fair amount of credit for them.

I'm extremely hopeful that this is a done deal and Romeo will tell Haley that he needs a big old fat boy at the NT position.
I'm pulling for Ryan Pickett in FA to fill that spot.

Chiefs=Champions 01-11-2010 06:46 PM

Fantastic news. Thanks BRC!!!

Hopefully we'll have a good draft with no :facepalm: picks. With the schedule we have anything is possible...

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6435526)
Even though contract disucssion didn't begin until last week ;)

I know thats BS. I know they had talked to Crennel and offered him the job before that. How can you offer a guy a job and not attach a # to the offer?

Hammock Parties 01-11-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6435510)

We've been all over it. Subscribe now. You're missing out.

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I=SUCK (Post 6435564)
Fantastic news. Thanks BRC!!!

Hopefully we'll have a good draft with no :facepalm: picks. With the schedule we have anything is possible...

Reminder...The press conference and "the deal is done" was from two different sources and neither one was "the source". So lets grain of salt this info.

keg in kc 01-11-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435551)
Yeah, I can understand how a strong second half could be viewed as a real positive.

For me, I want to see consistency, starting with how the FO performs this off-season and then extending to Sundays in the regular season.

I wouldn't like seeing them start poorly, but I would like to see a strong end to the season. Kind of like the Broncos game, but 6 weeks or 2 months of that, rather than a single inexplicable week. Because I think teams that turn-around tend to have a spring-board like that into their first real contending season. If I don't see that in 2010, then it will be a sign to me that they're still another year away. And I didn't see that in 2009, obviously, so I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm for 2010 (.500 range has been my 2010 expectation since the Pioli hire was made...)

All I hope for early in the year is that one side of the ball is "fixed" and the other is showing signs of life. I don't think this team is going to be a world-beater in 2010 regardless of who they pickup in the offseason, but they should be more competitive and they should (in a perfect world) be a team nobody wants to play late in the year.

Then again, on paper at least it's an advantageous schedule, so who knows what will happen.

Sweet Dick Willy 01-11-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6435571)

LMAO

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435574)
I wouldn't like seeing them start poorly, but I would like to see a strong end to the season. Kind of like the Broncos game, but 6 weeks or 2 months of that, rather than a single inexplicable week. Because I think teams that turn-around tend to have a spring-board like that into their first real contending season. If I don't see that in 2010, then it will be a sign to me that they're still another year away. And I didn't see that in 2009, obviously, so I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm for 2010 (.500 range has been my 2010 expectation since the Pioli hire was made...)

All I hope for early in the year is that one side of the ball is "fixed" and the other is showing signs of life. I don't think this team is going to be a world-beater in 2010 regardless of who they pickup in the offseason, but they should be more competitive and they should (in a perfect world) be a team nobody wants to play late in the year.

Then again, on paper at least it's an advantageous schedule, so who knows what will happen.

I'm sorry, but if we go D in rounds one and two (with one of the picks in the latter) and we're not VASTLY improved on that side of the ball, I'm going to start clowning our newest head fat man.

keg in kc 01-11-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435583)
I'm sorry, but if we go D in rounds one and two (with one of the picks in the latter) and we're not VASTLY improved on that side of the ball, I'm going to start clowning our newest head fat man.

That's the side of the ball I expect to be fixed.

The offense, however, is still going to have to score points for the team to win games, and I'm (once again) not sure what it's going to look like early in the year.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

8-8.

I see you and I are on the exact same page.

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6435521)
Same thing you heard huh?

This isn't from "the source" thats never been wrong. But it seems solid.

Yep - about the Wednesday press conference.

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 6435538)
MAYBE Crennel can get some good position coaches in here. Rotsa ruck!

Gibbs is staying. They might hire a DL coach, but what I heard was that Romeo will coach the DL. Clancy and Bradford are the secondary coaches.

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435585)
That's the side of the ball I expect to be fixed.

The offense, however, is still going to have to score points for the team to win games, and I'm (once again) not sure what it's going to look like early in the year.

If second-half Charles wasn't a fluke, if that's the level of play he can sustain, there's absolutely no excuse for the offense NOT to be competent, at least.

This assumes that we acquire one more weapon, probably a WR.

FAX 01-11-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435599)
If second-half Charles wasn't a fluke, if that's the level of play he can sustain, there's absolutely no excuse for the offense NOT to be competent, at least.

I'm skeptical as to whether or not Charles can actually perform as an "every down" back. I worry about his shoulder. He's not a very big guy and he's going to take some big hits now that the league is aware of his abilities.

We need somebody else to take some snaps.

FAX

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

You are a ****ing liar.

LaChapelle 01-11-2010 06:56 PM

CoMo put the peanut butter on the dog's balls

-

AJKCFAN 01-11-2010 06:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INBayZpjeSY

teedubya 01-11-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Id rather subscribe to the BigRedChief Magazine

petegz28 01-11-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Hard to say it ws a fluke considering he performed pretty much game in and out.

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 6435604)
I'm skeptical as to whether or not Charles can actually perform as an "every down" back. I worry about his shoulder. He's not a very big guy and he's going to take some big hits now that the league is aware of his abilities.

We need somebody else to take some snaps.

FAX

I completely agree, but I'm also not ready to put limits on Charles, based on what we've seen.

That said, if we can acquire someone to get 5-10 touches, that would seem like a very smart move. Thus keeping Charles at around 15-18 TPG.

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6435612)
Hard to say it ws a fluke considering he performed pretty much game in and out.

The run D's he faced weren't exactly elite. Far from it. OTW posted the stats.

Just something to keep in mind.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6435606)
You are a ****ing liar.

You have anger issues.

petegz28 01-11-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435616)
The run D's he faced weren't exactly elite. Far from it. OTW posted the stats.

Just something to keep in mind.

Don't care. He punished weak defenses like a good RB should. We need help on the D and O lines, need our WR's to quit dropping passes and most of all, we need our ****ing QB to get his shit together.

JC is the least of my worries. He is proven though I would like to see him spelled a little more cause of his size. And I thought the Bengals were one of the better run defenses?

keg in kc 01-11-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Thing with that is that Weis may not do wonders for Charles rushing numbers. If the Chiefs are as pass happy as the Patriots were when he was there, and they're plugging in new linemen, as I expect they may be, even with a weapon upgrade or three I think there's a potential for some early season ugliness.

'course it will inevitably also depend on who they end up playing, schedule-wise.

But it should start better than '09. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that Weis won't be fired right before the season.

bevischief 01-11-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

To the ship!

petegz28 01-11-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435630)
Thing with that is that Weis may not do wonders for Charles rushing numbers. If the Chiefs are as pass happy as the Patriots were when he was there, and they're plugging in new linemen, as I expect they may be, even with a weapon upgrade or three I think there's a potential for some early season ugliness.

'course it will inevitably also depend on who they end up playing, schedule-wise.

But it should start better than '09. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that Weis won't be fired right before the season.

Fired? No. Quit? If Haley don't tone it down with his coaches.

keg in kc 01-11-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6435635)

They're familiar with each other from way back, I doubt that's going to be an issue.

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6435625)
You have anger issues.

You, much like your boyfriend, have compulsive liar issues.

I just hate you.

petegz28 01-11-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435637)
They're familiar with each other from way back, I doubt that's going to be an issue.

I was just saying....

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6435626)
Don't care. He punished weak defenses like a good RB should. We need help on the D and O lines, need our WR's to quit dropping passes and most of all, we need our ****ing QB to get his shit together.

JC is the least of my worries. He is proven though I would like to see him spelled a little more cause of his size. And I thought the Bengals were one of the better run defenses?

No, I'm not worried about Charles. I'm just saying...

And I'm someone who thinks the Beagles were VERY overrated, but that could just be me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435630)

Good point. Rushing stats could be down as we pass to set up the run. But JC has shown the type of explosiveness that I'd be surprised for him not to excel, even with less carries.

And, Johnly, this might be an ok thing for a smaller back. We'll see.

bevischief 01-11-2010 07:06 PM

Need more peanut better...

Hammock Parties 01-11-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6435639)
You, much like your boyfriend, have compulsive liar issues.

I just hate you.

http://i45.tinypic.com/30swsqh.gif

bevischief 01-11-2010 07:09 PM

He is looking at houses in Leawood...

keg in kc 01-11-2010 07:09 PM

They can always find other ways to get Charles the ball.

Then again, maybe Weis hasn't run a guy like this because he hasn't had a guy like this to run...

Although I am concerned with Charles durability. It's not so much his size, I don't think every back needs to be 6'2, 240, I think he just needs to carry the load for a year to make me believe that he can. I'll be skeptical until I see it.

petegz28 01-11-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435645)
No, I'm not worried about Charles. I'm just saying...

And I'm someone who thinks the Beagles were VERY overrated, but that could just be me.

They sure looked overrated against the Jets who ran all over them, I will agree there.

penchief 01-11-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6435635)

Blah blah blah. Give it a rest.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28 01-11-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief (Post 6435695)
Blah blah blah. Give it a rest.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you ever not a pissy-person? :)

FAX 01-11-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435614)
I completely agree, but I'm also not ready to put limits on Charles, based on what we've seen.

That said, if we can acquire someone to get 5-10 touches, that would seem like a very smart move. Thus keeping Charles at around 15-18 TPG.

Yeah ... the worst thing we can do is repeat what Herm did with LJ. Charles is going to need his legs come playoff time.

FAX

penchief 01-11-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6435698)
Are you ever not a pissy-person? :)

I'm a positive person. Which is why I get tired of all the premature pissing and moaning about Haley and Pioli.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler 01-11-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6435589)
I see you and I are on the exact same page.

now we're screwed

Sweet Dick Willy 01-11-2010 07:23 PM

It's a process.

petegz28 01-11-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 6435705)
Yeah ... the worst thing we can do is repeat what Herm did with LJ. Charles is going to need his legs come playoff time.

FAX

Fortunately Charles is not the powerback build like LJ was so hopefully the temptation to slam him up the middle every play isn't there.

petegz28 01-11-2010 07:28 PM

What I love the most is the NY Post has this article and not shit about it in the KC Star.

FAX 01-11-2010 07:28 PM

I have a question.

Mr. Raised On Rats was my mutually-agreed-to nemesis before he lost his stupid bet, left the Planet in a huff, and was subsequently banned by Mr. Bob Dole.

Now that he's back using the Mr. Sweet Dick Willy alias, are we still nemesises?

FAX

Red Dawg 01-11-2010 07:42 PM

This would KICK ASS! How can anyone agrue that Romey and Chuck would be a bad combo. They have 8 SB titles between them. We should all get down and kiss's Scott's ass for this. I don't believe anything until I see it on ESPN though.

Mecca 01-11-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 6435773)
This would KICK ASS! How can anyone agrue that Romey and Chuck would be a bad combo. They have 8 SB titles between them. We should all get down and kiss's Scott's ass for this. I don't believe anything until I see it on ESPN though.

Probably because history shows reassembling things from the past in another place doesn't work...

Not to mention we don't have the 2 most important pieces of that success.

Red Dawg 01-11-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 6417366)
I like the acquisition of Weis more than potentially adding Crennel as well.

I was never impressed with his defenses in Cleveland, and his work in New England is marred by the fact that Belichick was the true architect there. And I don't know that the traditional two-gap 3-4 system that he runs is really the way to go in todays NFL.

His work was marred? He had 2 rings prior to that. You don't get 5 rings without knowing how to run a defense. He will be a massive upgrade if the deal gets done.

Red Dawg 01-11-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6435780)
Probably because history shows reassembling things from the past in another place doesn't work...

The hell we don't have the pieces. Bill has not won the SB without Romey and Charlie and Scott. He still has one hell of a team but the SB is all that matters espceially for NE since they won 3 in the last 10 years. They were outted at home this year in the first round. He is looking like he is overrated.

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6435780)

Yes, Weis and Crenell clearly weren't important. Belichick has won a lot without them.

I'm tired of this same old song and dance bullshit. Belichick was an awful HC before he struck gold with the Patriots. Weis and Crenell should be given more credit than they are for the successes in NE. Brady talks about Weis like he was pivotal in his career. Go over to Patriot message boards, they loved Romeo.

I can understand the BB is a god, but he didn't become a god on his own.

I don't think Weis and Romeo are good HC's by any stretch, but they are damn good coordinators and this team is lucky to have them.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 6435796)
His work was marred? He had 2 rings prior to that. You don't get 5 rings without knowing how to run a defense. He will be a massive upgrade if the deal gets done.

He was the DC defense for five Super Bowl teams?

Huh?

Titty Meat 01-11-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6435825)
Yes, Weis and Crenell clearly weren't important. Belichick has won a lot without them.

I'm tired of this same old song and dance bullshit. Belichick was an awful HC before he struck gold with the Patriots. Weis and Crenell should be given more credit than they are for the successes in NE. Brady talks about Weis like he was pivotal in his career. Go over to Patriot message boards, they loved Romeo.

I can understand the BB is a god, but he didn't become a god on his own.

I don't think Weis and Romeo are good HC's by any stretch, but they are damn good coordinators and this team is lucky to have them.

Mecca also said Pete Carroll would only work for the Niners.

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 07:56 PM

Oh and Hog Farmer, you can **** yourself you ****ing tard neg repping me in a thread where I gave inside info.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief (Post 6435706)
I'm a positive person. Which is why I get tired of all the premature pissing and moaning about Haley and Pioli.
Posted via Mobile Device

Premature?

So they didn't just go 4-12 after bringing in 45 new guys without finding an impact player while overseeing the worst draft in perhaps the entire history of the franchise?

Really?

chiefzilla1501 01-11-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralphy Boy (Post 6435557)
Except that last years Cardinals had a TON of talent on defense. Say whatever you want about Clancy, and I'm glad he's no longer DC, but the Cardinals added some serious talent on that side of the ball with him as DC.

Dansby, Dockett, Rodgers-Cromartie, Rolle, Calais Campbell.

Not saying all of those guys were his picks, but he is due a fair amount of credit for them.

I'm extremely hopeful that this is a done deal and Romeo will tell Haley that he needs a big old fat boy at the NT position.
I'm pulling for Ryan Pickett in FA to fill that spot.

I don't know how I feel about the defense Romeo runs.

But I feel pretty confident he'll make this D-line a lot better. He's a technician of this 2-gap 3-4 D-line. That means that I also feel pretty confident that he'll be instrumental in being the right NT in too.

TheGuardian 01-11-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6435835)
Premature?

So they didn't just go 4-12 after bringing in 45 new guys without finding an impact player while overseeing the worst draft in perhaps the entire history of the franchise?

Really?

Well we also went 2-14 after having the maybe one of the most successful drafts in the history of the franchise (if it all bears out).

I think judging Pioli and Haley right now is premature as well.

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6435858)
Well we also went 2-14 after having the maybe one of the most successful drafts in the history of the franchise (if it all bears out).

I think judging Pioli and Haley right now is premature as well.

Proclaiming them a failure is premature.

Judging (as in evaluating) them from day one is perfectly fair. That's what Clark should be doing, anyway.