ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

KC_Connection 04-27-2013 10:04 PM

Houston still doesn't really have an offense. OKC is kind of a mess themselves today, though, at least since the first Q.

KC_Connection 04-27-2013 10:06 PM

I mean...you might want to pass the ball to Durant before 3 seconds left in the shot clock if that's your offense.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-27-2013 10:06 PM

Rockets are the worst team in the league the last 5 minutes of a game

dirk digler 04-27-2013 10:09 PM

big shot

KC_Connection 04-27-2013 10:09 PM

Houston actually moved the ball effectively there. Shocking.

KevB 04-27-2013 10:10 PM

Rockets better with Lin on the bench and Beverly/Garcia taking his minutes?

KC_Connection 04-27-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9639586)
Rockets better with Lin on the bench and Beverly/Garcia taking his minutes?

Probably. Lin isn't good.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-27-2013 10:11 PM

You gotta be shitting me

Pitt Gorilla 04-27-2013 10:12 PM

LOL Durant.

dirk digler 04-27-2013 10:12 PM

lmao what a bounce

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-27-2013 10:12 PM

What an abortion.

KevB 04-27-2013 10:12 PM

Rockets just awful at the end of games, my goodness

KC_Connection 04-27-2013 10:12 PM

Awful foul there. Terribly coached team.

Pitt Gorilla 04-27-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9639602)
Awful foul there. Terribly coached team.

They really are. No offense and stupid defense.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-27-2013 10:14 PM

James Harden: The anti-clutch

KC_Connection 04-27-2013 10:17 PM

Another clutch Reggie Jackson.

Pitt Gorilla 04-27-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9639616)
Another clutch Reggie Jackson.

Mr. April?

Pitt Gorilla 04-27-2013 10:18 PM

Someone should punch Beverly in the balls.

KC_Connection 04-27-2013 10:19 PM

Delfino wasn't open there. Not sure why Harden passed it to him.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-27-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9639624)
Someone should punch Beverly in the balls.

God you are a ****ing pussy

Pitt Gorilla 04-27-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9639630)
God you are a ****ing pussy

The fact that I would retaliate makes me a pussy? Have you ever played a sport? ANY sport?

dirk digler 04-27-2013 10:22 PM

I missed 99% of this game but watching the highlights I guess Perk did try to lay out Beverly. lol Good call Pitt

dirk digler 04-27-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9638031)
Good Lord, did someone actually suggest that?

yes

Pitt Gorilla 04-27-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9639642)
I missed 99% of this game but watching the highlights I guess Perk did try to lay out Beverly. lol Good call Pitt

Eh, it was really minor.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-27-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9639635)
The fact that I would retaliate makes me a pussy? Have you ever played a sport? ANY sport?

You're the only one still crying about that play.

KevB 04-27-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9639626)
Delfino wasn't open there. Not sure why Harden passed it to him.

It was clearly the play call, but Ibaka sniffed it out.

Pitt Gorilla 04-27-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9639658)
You're the only one still crying about that play.

And you're the one crying about my post.

KC_Connection 04-27-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9639660)
It was clearly the play call, but Ibaka sniffed it out.

Yeah. But that's where Harden's improvisation skills would have come in handy. Difficult spot, though, needing a 3.

dirk digler 04-27-2013 10:34 PM

Well I totally blew that pick, I really didn't give Chicago much chance with all their injuries.

okcchief 04-27-2013 10:36 PM

Good win.

They need let Reggie lose. Dude has skills just trust him. Scott Brooks stupidity would have held the Thunder back this year regardless of the scenario. Play him 35 minutes and let him go. He's 22, and can handle it.

Kevin Martin hit shots or GTFO.

To all the Westbrook haters tonight is an example of why Kevin Durant taking more shots isn't necessarily a good thing. Westbrook early, Durant closes. It works! Go **** yourself Skip Bayless!

jd1020 04-27-2013 10:41 PM

Have the Kobe-less Lakers swept the Spurs yet or are they scoring 10 points a game less because it'll be easy to replace him?

KC_Connection 04-27-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9639689)
Good win.

They need let Reggie lose. Dude has skills just trust him. Scott Brooks stupidity would have held the Thunder back this year regardless of the scenario. Play him 35 minutes and let him go. He's 22, and can handle it.

Kevin Martin hit shots or GTFO.

To all the Westbrook haters tonight is an example of why Kevin Durant taking more shots isn't necessarily a good thing. Westbrook early, Durant closes. It works! Go **** yourself Skip Bayless!

Best not to listen to anything Skip Bayless says ever. He's a jackass. Also, I doubt he believes most of the shit that comes out of his mouth.

KC_Connection 04-27-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9639704)
Have the Kobe-less Lakers swept the Spurs yet or are they scoring 10 points a game less because it'll be easy to replace him?

They likely would have been destroyed with him or without him (especially with the way all these others are dropping). Spurs are just a way better team and have been all season.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 06:54 PM

Heat are through. Spurs about to be through. Only the Knicks failed to sweep today.

tk13 04-28-2013 07:04 PM

At least the Lakers are finishing strong. Uh...

Hootie 04-28-2013 07:08 PM

so the Heat aren't going to lose more than 2 games in the entire postseason

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-28-2013 07:09 PM

Bad break for OKC, but unlike 95% of other sports franchises they made the sound investment over the long term. Getting his meniscus repaired rather than removed will allow him to remain the same player he was, and they weren't beating the Heat w/o a freak injury to LeBron anyway.

Short term it sucks, but it really didn't matter that much anyway. Long-term, no big difference.

In many ways this makes the Harden trade look better, b/c OKC w/ Durant and Harden wouldn't beat the Heat either.

SAUTO 04-28-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9642029)
so the Heat aren't going to lose more than 2 games in the entire postseason

I'm a huge Lebron guy, but he will never be Jordan
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 04-28-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9642019)
At least the Lakers are finishing strong. Uh...

Like Hootie said. With Kobe off the team, there's no stopping this team.

SAUTO 04-28-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9642048)

Well that's not ACTUALLY what he said. Iirc lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 04-28-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9642048)

well that works real well considering they don't have a PG either and are playing guys I've literally never heard of because of it

a healthy Nash and they could have been competitive

shit, even with Kobe they probably would have been swept...at best they may have won 1 game

Hootie 04-28-2013 07:13 PM

also, Colin Cowherd agreed with me that the Lakers with D'Antoni are better without Kobe. He said the same damn thing.

I think Colin's knowledge is greater than a few ChiefsPlanet Lakers homers.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 07:15 PM

We never got to see the a healthy Lakers team without Kobe. Either way, they weren't beating this Spurs team. Just so much better than them...especially defensively.

-King- 04-28-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9642063)
also, Colin Cowherd agreed with me that the Lakers with D'Antoni are better without Kobe. He said the same damn thing.

LMAO Lakers don't even make the playoffs without Kobe.

Hootie 04-28-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9642076)
LMAO Lakers don't even make the playoffs without Kobe.

Disagree. I think with Nash facilitating and the team focusing on the big men like they were without Kobe they could have won 50 games.

Clearly, Nash was never going to be able to be healthy so it's a moot point.

Howard needs to go sign with Houston.

Hootie 04-28-2013 07:20 PM

Honestly...

the Spurs are my pick to represent the Western Conference now.

I think they are the one team that may be able to give the Heat a bit of a run as well.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9642090)
Honestly...

the Spurs are my pick to represent the Western Conference now.

I think they are the one team that may be able to give the Heat a bit of a run as well.

I agree. Durant will be in tough to beat this Spurs team by himself.

The Spurs are also capable of winning a few home games against the Heat. I don't know about the entire series, but I think it would be very entertaining to watch.

Simplicity 04-28-2013 07:24 PM

Knicks will close it out next game in series. Melo had 2 attempts at hitting go-ahead shots to win it but just didn't get it done today, it'll happen next. We missed J.R. today too.

-King- 04-28-2013 07:27 PM

Derrick Rose may return to the Chicago Bulls in the second round of the NBA playoffs, according to his brother, Reggie.

Speaking with the Chicago Tribune (via NBC Sports' Rotoworld), Reggie said that Rose is close to 100 percent and could return in the second round against the Miami Heat:

He has been working hard and getting a lot of shots up every day. Most of all, he is getting his mind ready, getting comfortable with his body. I think (his mind) is probably at a good 90 percent now.

Reggie isn't being presumptuous about Chicago advancing past the first round. The Bulls are now up 3-1 on the Brooklyn Nets and appear fated for a second-round date with LeBron James and the Heat.

He is, however, being rather audacious in his assessment of his brother's immediate future. Rose has been cleared to play since March, but he's been reluctant to return until he's mentally ready. Reggie appears to believe that his brother's mind is almost right, but Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said it was unlikely his point guard would return during the postseason.

Though some would be inclined to believe that Rose's brother would have an inside track on what the floor general plans to do, this is the same brother who ripped Chicago for not making any moves at the trade deadline, insisting that would play a factor in whether Rose returned.

Has Rose suddenly changed his mind? Perhaps. The Bulls have won three straight games over the Nets in convincing fashion. That could be enough to make both Reggie and Derrick believe there's something more than an early exit to play for.

But is it worth reading anything into Reggie's most recent sentiments? Absolutely not. Rose has been close to returning since the All-Star break. He's been officially able to return since March.

But he hasn't.

Rose himself could tell us that he will return for the second round, and I wouldn't believe him until I saw him run out of the tunnel in his uniform. That's the kind of roller coaster his year has been.

Everyone, including Rose's own family, has an opinion, and it's imperative we remember not to recognize any speculation as fact—especially from Reggie.

Nothing against the man, but he asserted Rose may not return because the Bulls didn't have enough pieces to win, something Rose himself refuted. Now he's changed his tune, and there's really no telling if that's because Derrick has changed his.

Reggie could be telling the truth, he really could. But his evaluation of the situation could also be fabricated or merely a personal opinion—without a trace of fact—or even some combination of both.

Even if his take was an accurate one, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Who's to say Rose goes from 90 percent to 100 percent by the second round?

Derrick may return for the second round, and he might not. We just don't know. Everything we've heard up until now has played off that.

Reggie Rose's latest offering is no exception.

Simplicity 04-28-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9642137)
Derrick Rose may return to the Chicago Bulls in the second round of the NBA playoffs, according to his brother, Reggie.

Speaking with the Chicago Tribune (via NBC Sports' Rotoworld), Reggie said that Rose is close to 100 percent and could return in the second round against the Miami Heat:

He has been working hard and getting a lot of shots up every day. Most of all, he is getting his mind ready, getting comfortable with his body. I think (his mind) is probably at a good 90 percent now.

Reggie isn't being presumptuous about Chicago advancing past the first round. The Bulls are now up 3-1 on the Brooklyn Nets and appear fated for a second-round date with LeBron James and the Heat.

He is, however, being rather audacious in his assessment of his brother's immediate future. Rose has been cleared to play since March, but he's been reluctant to return until he's mentally ready. Reggie appears to believe that his brother's mind is almost right, but Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said it was unlikely his point guard would return during the postseason.

Though some would be inclined to believe that Rose's brother would have an inside track on what the floor general plans to do, this is the same brother who ripped Chicago for not making any moves at the trade deadline, insisting that would play a factor in whether Rose returned.

Has Rose suddenly changed his mind? Perhaps. The Bulls have won three straight games over the Nets in convincing fashion. That could be enough to make both Reggie and Derrick believe there's something more than an early exit to play for.

But is it worth reading anything into Reggie's most recent sentiments? Absolutely not. Rose has been close to returning since the All-Star break. He's been officially able to return since March.

But he hasn't.

Rose himself could tell us that he will return for the second round, and I wouldn't believe him until I saw him run out of the tunnel in his uniform. That's the kind of roller coaster his year has been.

Everyone, including Rose's own family, has an opinion, and it's imperative we remember not to recognize any speculation as fact—especially from Reggie.

Nothing against the man, but he asserted Rose may not return because the Bulls didn't have enough pieces to win, something Rose himself refuted. Now he's changed his tune, and there's really no telling if that's because Derrick has changed his.

Reggie could be telling the truth, he really could. But his evaluation of the situation could also be fabricated or merely a personal opinion—without a trace of fact—or even some combination of both.

Even if his take was an accurate one, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Who's to say Rose goes from 90 percent to 100 percent by the second round?

Derrick may return for the second round, and he might not. We just don't know. Everything we've heard up until now has played off that.

Reggie Rose's latest offering is no exception.

If he does, it would be insane for the Bulls fans but really he isn't going to have much of a role in the games just coming off a year without playing in an NBA game.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 07:30 PM

Would certainly make the Heat/Bulls series more interesting that way.

Simplicity 04-28-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9642151)
Would certainly make the Heat/Bulls series more interesting that way.

I actually kinda hope he comes back so the attention is taken from the Heat. ****ing hate hearing about James, Wade, and below average NBA player (Chris Bosh).

Fritz88 04-28-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9642146)
If he does, it would be insane for the Bulls fans but really he isn't going to have much of a role in the games just coming off a year without playing in an NBA game.

Not so fast, the guy has been cleared by doctors more than a month and a half ago (if I am not mistaken). It might be his first NBA game after the injury, but it wouldn't be that big of a transition since he's been preparing post injury for a while.

I think he will make a difference. Is it big enough to win the east? I don't know.

Simplicity 04-28-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9642164)
Not so fast, the guy has been cleared by doctors more than a month and a half ago (if I am not mistaken). It might be his first NBA game after the injury, but it wouldn't be that big of a transition since he's been preparing post injury for a while.

I think he will make a difference. Is it big enough to win the east? I don't know.

He's not going to go out there and drop Durant-like numbers (un-fair to compare the 2 but doing it anyways). I don't think he would do any better then what Robinson is doing for them right now.

Fritz88 04-28-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9642172)
He's not going to go out there and drop Durant-like numbers (un-fair to compare the 2 but doing it anyways). I don't think he would do any better then what Robinson is doing for them right now.

You might be right. But I'll wait and see, Rose is good enough to be that difference maker.

AdumbGuy 04-28-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9642183)
You might be right. But I'll wait and see, Rose is good enough to be that difference maker.

I just don't see it. You don't come back after not having played a year and step into a series against the best team in the league in full playoff mode just because you've been able to go in practices a bit.

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2013 08:33 PM

Been some fun offense by GS

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9642164)

No, LeBron will still destroy the Bulls and everyone else in that conference regardless.

Simplicity 04-28-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9642467)
No, LeBron will still destroy the Bulls and everyone else in that conference regardless.

Nope. Not buying that Heat bullshit. My Knicks gonna perform that series.

Hootie 04-28-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9642473)

Knicks will probably lose 4-0.

Simplicity 04-28-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9642478)
Knicks will probably lose 4-0.

That post was almost as bad as your Royal's posts. I expect more from you.

AdumbGuy 04-28-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Knicks looked terrible against Boston. They probably win that one if they have JR Smith, but my goodness, Melo was awful.

As much as I like Woodson, Heat in 4. Hell, heat in 3 if melo plays like that again.

Simplicity 04-28-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9642559)
Knicks looked terrible against Boston. They probably win that one if they have JR Smith, but my goodness, Melo was awful.

As much as I like Woodson, Heat in 4. Hell, heat in 3 if melo plays like that again.

They slipped in game 4. Melo hasn't performed but shit if he performs I'm taking the Knicks in 4. Wade isn't 100%, Bosh blows shit. James is James but Melo will be his matchup so nothing too special. Series is gonna be a off-the-bench players and Knicks has the better bench.

-King- 04-28-2013 09:03 PM

Knicks did win 3 of 4 against the Heat in the regular season, so you can't count them out. The series will go at least 6 games.

AdumbGuy 04-28-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9642636)
They slipped in game 4. Melo hasn't performed but shit if he performs I'm taking the Knicks in 4. Wade isn't 100%, Bosh blows shit. James is James but Melo will be his matchup so nothing too special. Series is gonna be a off-the-bench players and Knicks has the better bench.

Melo missed more shots in today's game (25) than Lebron did in all four games of the first round combined (22)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-28-2013 09:08 PM

Carmelo has become a parody. 35 shots? GTFO

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9642063)

Cowturd knows dick about anything.

O.city 04-28-2013 09:18 PM

Lawson shouldering the load.

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 09:19 PM

Marcus Holliday ‏@MHollidayabc24 2h

Dwight Howard told Lakers GM to keep his hands off him after Mitch Kupchak patted him on butt after Howard was ejected. Wow!!!!

KC native 04-28-2013 09:21 PM

ROFL @ anyone who thought the Lakers had a chance against the Spurs and anyone that said LA's big men were dominant.

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2013 09:23 PM

What did the Lakers give up for Howard again?

Hootie 04-28-2013 09:24 PM

anyone who doesn't respect Colin Cowherd's opinion on sports related topics is a ****ing idiot. That dude is money, and arguably the best in the business.

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9642748)
anyone who doesn't respect Colin Cowherd's opinion on sports related topics is a ****ing idiot. That dude is money, and arguably the best in the business.

Cowturd id a blowhard with a giant ego and nothing else.

Hootie 04-28-2013 09:26 PM

people who make up dumb nicknames using a "play on words" for a last name are ****ing idiots as well

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Perhaps you haven't watched LeBron recently. His current level right now is better than just about any player in the history in the game. And the Heat are even better than last year as they actually have players that can make outside shots on his passes (Ray Allen) and have a decent energy center that saves possessions and plays defense off the bench (Birdman). If they don't wipe out the Knicks, I would be very surprised.

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 09:31 PM

Fact still stands... Colin is a blowhard with a huge ego and some marginal sports knowledge. He has a very loud mouth and is opinionated, wrong but is very loud about it.

Hootie 04-28-2013 09:32 PM

you must not listen to him very often...

the dude has spot on takes and literally is the best sports radio personality out there

SVP and Risello are 2nd

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9642661)
Knicks did win 3 of 4 against the Heat in the regular season, so you can't count them out. The series will go at least 6 games.

Regular season games don't mean much of anything in basketball, so there's no point in citing them.

As for 6 games against a better team than the one that beat OKC in 5 last year? Doubtful to say the least.

dirk digler 04-28-2013 09:35 PM

I love, love this Warrior team. Curry is so fun to watch

-King- 04-28-2013 09:36 PM

Steph Curry is in GOD MODE! Holy shit!