ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Offseason Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303381)

C3HIEF3S 12-05-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12597818)
Melancon to the Giants

@Ken_Rosenthal: Source: Melancon deal with #SFGiants expected to be four years, $60M-$65M.

@ClintScoles: 4/62 for the 3rd best closer on the open market is a good sign for the Royals with Davis.

Bye Wade, and thank you for your service.

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 12:09 PM

@Joelsherman1: With Melancon off the board #dodgers #nationals #marlins #Yankees among those fixed on finding closer. Jansen, Chapman. Davis/Colome trades?

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 12:14 PM

This shocks me

@jonmorosi: #Royals gauging trade interest in Danny Duffy, who could fit for a contender (like Houston) that has been reluctant to meet price on Sale.

Prison Bitch 12-05-2016 12:15 PM

Dodgers:

"However, this time similar to the Marlins, Kansas City is also in need of starting pitching. GM Grant Dayton may not be interested in the pricey contracts of Kazmir or McCarthy, but the youth and upside of Brock Stewart and Ross Stripling could be enticing to the Royals’ brain trust."
http://jkavo.sportsblog.com/posts/30...e-dodgers.html

I'm not certain who this is, we must've replaced Moore. Anyhoo these 2 names aren't in the Dodgers top-10 prospect lists before the year or mid-season. Seems like a garbage return.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2016 12:15 PM

I could see the Royals taking a hard look at Brett Anderson as the buy low type this year.

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 12:16 PM

@JoshVernier610: Wade at 1 year, $10M is such a monstrous piece. I don't trade him without getting an absolute haul, unless KC's worried about health. https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...34041786269696

Chiefspants 12-05-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12597842)
This shocks me

@jonmorosi: #Royals gauging trade interest in Danny Duffy, who could fit for a contender (like Houston) that has been reluctant to meet price on Sale.

If we trade Duffy, we may as well go into full fire sale mode this offseason. May as well get the highest return possible while we can.

kstater 12-05-2016 12:19 PM

If the Royals aren't gauging interest on every player they have , they're not doing it right

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-05-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12597853)
If we trade Duffy, we may as well go into full fire sale mode this offseason. May as well get the highest return possible while we can.

Jesus.... trade Duffy? Seriously? He's up there with Salvy as my favorite Royal :(

Bowser 12-05-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebrad84 (Post 12597814)
I agree, and wish they would go out and sign a true Ace and/or a true DH, but I just don't see it happening with where we are currently sitting on our payroll numbers. I would love for them to go all-in this last year with our core guys, but that's not their way of doing things..

The stance of our payroll the front office/ownership seemingly takes drives me batshit. Glass has more money than god since owning this team, and that includes the lean years. You'd think he'd take a look at the numbers of what was made in '14 and '15 off having a team that made back to back WS runs and would do all he could to get impact players in here to repeat that money making process as often as possible.

All that said, it is still early and we have no idea where they will go with this. Hopefully they just don't go back into a shell with payroll.

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Agreed...still think Wade goes...hate it but they need to rebuild and Herrera is ready

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 12:23 PM

@getnickwright: #Royals fans: @mellinger doesn't typically just eviscerate folks like he does Glass here. To me, this means the front office is furious... https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/804681478890287104

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...118370228.html

@getnickwright: And, based on @mellinger's reporting, they have every reason to be. Glass penny pinching in the last year of the window is abominable...

duncan_idaho 12-05-2016 12:25 PM

Re: Davis market... great news for the Royals and Dayton Moore. If they move him, the Royals will get a great return.

I don't think the 2017 version of the team is that far removed from your start of 2015-roster. With health and some bounceback from a few key guys (really Cain and Moustakas), this team can be good enough offensively. If Cuthbert is a workable 2B, which I doubt, that also helps the offense a ton.

I'm not in favor of a fire sale. If they can move some guys who are about to be FA at the zenith of their values - Davis, for example - and get back pieces that help in 2017 and beyond, that makes sense.

Just selling off a bunch of pieces for prospects doesn't make much sense to me.

As far as trading Danny Duffy, that's the one that makes the least sense to me and the one that signals KC is tanking if he's moved.

Any possible contention for KC in 2017 involves Duffy pitching an entire season like a frontline starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prison Bitch 12-05-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12597848)
I could see the Royals taking a hard look at Brett Anderson as the buy low type this year.

The shiny object DM is always chasing. Always staring into the window at Christmas time, sad he doesn't have enough to buy it.

Quote:

That's right. Either you go for 1 last glory run (my advice), or sell the whole damn lot. Trading off Davis and Duffy and maybe Dyson to keep the core makes no sense.

TambaBerry 12-05-2016 01:15 PM

my guess is Davis gets dealt to the cubs for two really good players, and Cain gets traded to the rangers.

cosmo20002 12-05-2016 01:18 PM

Assuming the goal is to WIN IN 2017, it's hard for me to be enthusiastic about trading off Wade. Assuming he's healthy, he's fairly irreplaceable.
Herrera would be the closer, but he's no Wade. And then you have to replace Herrera's role with...Strahm? Pray that he comes back as effective as he was last year. And, he may be needed to start.
Soria? JFC...
Who else is there? Brain Flynn? Chris Young? Gulp.

Prospects for Wade doesn't really help us for 2017. We need a good starting pitcher and some hitting production, to at the very least, replace Kendrys.

Discuss Thrower 12-05-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12597873)
Re: Davis market... great news for the Royals and Dayton Moore. If they move him, the Royals will get a great return.

I don't think the 2017 version of the team is that far removed from your start of 2015-roster. With health and some bounceback from a few key guys (really Cain and Moustakas), this team can be good enough offensively. If Cuthbert is a workable 2B, which I doubt, that also helps the offense a ton.

I'm not in favor of a fire sale. If they can move some guys who are about to be FA at the zenith of their values - Davis, for example - and get back pieces that help in 2017 and beyond, that makes sense.

Just selling off a bunch of pieces for prospects doesn't make much sense to me.

As far as trading Danny Duffy, that's the one that makes the least sense to me and the one that signals KC is tanking if he's moved.

Any possible contention for KC in 2017 involves Duffy pitching an entire season like a frontline starter.

Who are pieces that can be moved from the Royals' farm in addition to a Davis or a Cain that can get back a reasonable piece that keeps the team a 2017 contender without bankrupting the future?

cosmo20002 12-05-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12597842)
This shocks me

I guess you always listen, but trading off someone who was a good starter when you're desperate for starting pitching seems like a weird idea.

cosmo20002 12-05-2016 01:30 PM

On a side note, I think these baseball writers are so eager to write something big leading up to and during the winter meetings, that they'll tweet and report any rumor they hear, no matter how far-fetched or unsubstantiated.

WhawhaWhat 12-05-2016 01:42 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cubs have interest in Wade Davis, per <a href="https://twitter.com/jonmorosi">@jonmorosi</a>. Jorge Soler could be name to watch. Cuban outfielder owed less than $18 million thru &#39;20.</p>&mdash; Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) <a href="https://twitter.com/rustindodd/status/805849771290279936">December 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

duncan_idaho 12-05-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12597971)
Who are pieces that can be moved from the Royals' farm in addition to a Davis or a Cain that can get back a reasonable piece that keeps the team a 2017 contender without bankrupting the future?

One of: Cheslor Cuthbert or Hunter Dozier

Jorge Bonifacio

Ryan O'Hearn

Jake Junis, Eric Skoglund, Pedro Fernandez, Miguel Almonte

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12598014)
One of: Cheslor Cuthbert or Hunter Dozier

Jorge Bonifacio

Ryan O'Hearn

Jake Junis, Eric Skoglund, Pedro Fernandez, Miguel Almonte

Save that ammo for the trade deadline IMO. As long as we stay healthy, add some pieces in either a Wader or Cain deal this offseason. We will compete in 2017. I don't get all of this doom and gloom crap. Still a very good balllclub when healthy.

Pitt Gorilla 12-05-2016 01:46 PM

Duffy would have to fetch a ridiculous haul.

Prison Bitch 12-05-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 12598012)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cubs have interest in Wade Davis, per <a href="https://twitter.com/jonmorosi">@jonmorosi</a>. Jorge Soler could be name to watch. Cuban outfielder owed less than $18 million thru &#39;20.</p>&mdash; Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) <a href="https://twitter.com/rustindodd/status/805849771290279936">December 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

Gross

WhawhaWhat 12-05-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12598023)
Gross

That's what I thought to.

cosmo20002 12-05-2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12598017)
Save that ammo for the trade deadline IMO. As long as we stay healthy, add some pieces in either a Wader or Cain deal this offseason. We will compete in 2017. I don't get all of this doom and gloom crap. Still a very good balllclub when healthy.

Adding pieces in a Wader or Cain deal also subtracts the pieces of Wader or Cain. Assuming they are healthy, we have no adequate replacement for them.

Prison Bitch 12-05-2016 02:04 PM

"You can get rid of a player too early, but not too late" - Beane

I wonder if that applies to Wade Davis now. His injury last year makes me think.

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cubs have interest in Wade Davis, per <a href="https://twitter.com/jonmorosi">@jonmorosi</a>. Jorge Soler could be name to watch. Cuban outfielder owed less than $18 million thru &#39;20.</p>— Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) <a href="https://twitter.com/rustindodd/status/805849771290279936">December 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

Umm need more than just that

Discuss Thrower 12-05-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12598056)
Umm need more than just that

Wouldn't it be Wade for Soler + AAAA reliever + lotto ticket bat?

C3HIEF3S 12-05-2016 02:15 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can confirm that Ned Yost hasn&#39;t changed. <a href="https://t.co/SWAv3Xkx5g">pic.twitter.com/SWAv3Xkx5g</a></p>&mdash; Andy McCullough (@McCulloughTimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/McCulloughTimes/status/805867998686887936">December 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

C3HIEF3S 12-05-2016 02:16 PM

If Soler (or an equivalent of him) is the main piece the Royals get for how high back-end relief pitching is valued right now, I may vomit.

WhawhaWhat 12-05-2016 02:17 PM

Andy loves Ned Yostisms

Buehler445 12-05-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12598059)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can confirm that Ned Yost hasn&#39;t changed. <a href="https://t.co/SWAv3Xkx5g">pic.twitter.com/SWAv3Xkx5g</a></p>&mdash; Andy McCullough (@McCulloughTimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/McCulloughTimes/status/805867998686887936">December 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

That are funnay.

Seriously though, if you deal Duffy you need 2 SP instead of just 1. Me thinks that's a money losing proposition. The reason the Royals made the run is the payroll per out earned was LOW.

Value at starting pitching is very much a part of that.

duncan_idaho 12-05-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cubs have interest in Wade Davis, per <a href="https://twitter.com/jonmorosi">@jonmorosi</a>. Jorge Soler could be name to watch. Cuban outfielder owed less than $18 million thru &#39;20.</p>— Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) <a href="https://twitter.com/rustindodd/status/805849771290279936">December 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

Nope, not even close to enough.

Discuss Thrower 12-05-2016 02:28 PM

Rotoworld sez Dodgers are expressing interest in Cain now.

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 02:28 PM

Dodgers are interested in Cain per McCullough

DJ's left nut 12-05-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12598060)
If Soler (or an equivalent of him) is the main piece the Royals get for how high back-end relief pitching is valued right now, I may vomit.

It does seem a little shy but the elbow woes may scare some teams.

The Cubs got Chapman for Gleybar Torres and I'd imagine Torres and Soler have roughly equal value. Torres seems to have the brighter future but Soler's a major league DH at worst right now.

And I wouldn't get way down on Soler just yet either; he made some nice progress with his walk rate last year and did so while maintaining an ISO around .200. If he can keep that walk rate around 10-11% and get the K rate to around 23%, if you combine that with a .200 ISO you've got a damn dangerous player.

If you could get 4 years of what Morales gave you guys last year for the cost of 1 year of Davis, would you take it? With a little more upside than that?

And before you say no - do me a favor and take a look at Wil Myers numbers. There would be something strangely satisfying about trading Myers for Shields and Davis, then dealing Davis for a guy that has a very VERY similar hitting profile to Wil Myers. About the only thing that separated those two offensively last year was PAs and some BABIP luck.

You might be right - Davis is damn good and perhaps you could do a bit better. But I don't think this is the puke-worthy kind of return some of you do either. Soler has a chance to be a hell of an offensive weapon.

BigCatDaddy 12-05-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 12597991)
On a side note, I think these baseball writers are so eager to write something big leading up to and during the winter meetings, that they'll tweet and report any rumor they hear, no matter how far-fetched or unsubstantiated.

Cosmo finally understands the media!

Jerm 12-05-2016 02:39 PM

How long until we start hearing Hosmer rumors or is that more of a trade deadline thing....?

carcosa 12-05-2016 02:42 PM

what the **** is happening!!!

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12598078)
Dodgers are interested in Cain per McCullough

Dodgers might need Davis as well. Major blockbuster with Cain/Davis to Dodgers for what.....

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 03:50 PM

@Ken_Rosenthal: Among CFers in whom #STLCards are expressing interest, per sources: #Royals’ Jarrod Dyson. Potential FA, lower acquisition cost than Cain.

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 04:54 PM

@FlannyMLB: Dayton Moore reiterated that #Royals may make a trade or two here but that this is not a garage sale. Expects team to compete for title

duncan_idaho 12-05-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12598085)

The Cubs got Chapman for Gleybar Torres and I'd imagine Torres and Soler have roughly equal value. Torres seems to have the brighter future but Soler's a major league DH at worst right now.

And I wouldn't get way down on Soler just yet either; he made some nice progress with his walk rate last year and did so while maintaining an ISO around .200. If he can keep that walk rate around 10-11% and get the K rate to around 23%, if you combine that with a .200 ISO you've got a damn dangerous player.

If you could get 4 years of what Morales gave you guys last year for the cost of 1 year of Davis, would you take it? With a little more upside than that?

And before you say no - do me a favor and take a look at Wil Myers numbers. There would be something strangely satisfying about trading Myers for Shields and Davis, then dealing Davis for a guy that has a very VERY similar hitting profile to Wil Myers. About the only thing that separated those two offensively last year was PAs and some BABIP luck.

You might be right - Davis is damn good and perhaps you could do a bit better. But I don't think this is the puke-worthy kind of return some of you do either. Soler has a chance to be a hell of an offensive weapon.

You make good points on Soler, but that deal still feels awfully light compared to the Chapman deadline deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12598306)
@FlannyMLB: Dayton Moore reiterated that #Royals may make a trade or two here but that this is not a garage sale. Expects team to compete for title

Well, that's good to hear. There's a path to moving Cain and Davis that still leads to success in 2017, but only if you net a SP and a 2B/RF in those trades who can upgrade you in 2017, and only if the salary savings are reinvested into some FA support for the bullpen (Luke Hochevar?) and lineup (DH - though all my targets are off the board).

Prison Bitch 12-05-2016 05:20 PM

Fangraphs: "The Royals Last Ride"

Deberg_1990 12-05-2016 05:26 PM

Glass showing his true colors. Deep down he's a POS

Prison Bitch 12-05-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12598085)

First off, I can't see what resemblance whatsoever Soler has to Myers, other than some raw power and high K rates. Which you could compare to dozens of RH hitters.

Soler is a league AVG hitter wRC+. That's not going to cut it at DH in the AL. He hit .224 vs RH so he's possibly worthless vs. the majority of pitchers we'd face. To me he's a 7 slot hitter on a crappy team, like the As or the Twins.

duncan_idaho 12-05-2016 06:05 PM

Even with his huge potential, think I'd rather see Ian Happ from the Cubs than Soler. Seeing some buzz that Chicago might offer both, but that seems high (either as The centerpiece works, but both?).

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-05-2016 06:16 PM

What about Almora? He's a very good defender in the Outfield.. Hasn't quite developed the last couple of years in the higher levels like folks thought he would, but still has a lot of potential.

keg in kc 12-05-2016 06:20 PM

Perfect time to trade both in my opinion. Their value is only going down from this point.

Jerm 12-05-2016 06:45 PM

Ok....

Quote:

@MaxWildstein: #Royals, #STLCards have discussed package that'd send Lorenzo Cain and Wade Davis to STL, Kolten Wong and prospects to KC, per @JPerrotto.

Mr. Laz 12-05-2016 06:47 PM

Wong isn't that good

Cain is crucial to Royals' offense

Mr. Laz 12-05-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12598432)
Their value is only going down from this point.

You can say that about several players.

Jerm 12-05-2016 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12598481)
Wong isn't that good

Cain is crucial to Royals' offense

I would think it'd have to be a helluva haul prospect wise for the Royals to even consider that.

TomBarndtsTwin 12-05-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 12598476)
Ok....

Terrible trade idea. Wong is garbage and prospects don't exactly help for 2017.

I guess if the Royals make this trade, they've officially thrown up the white flag on the 2017 season.

(They better get one hell of a prospect haul to do this . . . . . )

Chiefspants 12-05-2016 06:56 PM

Uggh. Not a fan of Kolton Getz.

SAUTO 12-05-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Ok....

No
****ing
Way

lewdog 12-05-2016 07:18 PM

Pearce to the Jays for 2/$12.5 million.

That's a guy I would have liked to have and very affordable.

duncan_idaho 12-05-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Ok....

I don't buy it. Wong isn't enough as the primary piece for either guy by himself unless Weaver and Flaherty are the prospects.

As a package deal, the Cards would have to empty out the farm system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12598561)
Pearce to the Jays for 2/$12.5 million.

That's a guy I would have liked to have and very affordable.

Me, too.

lewdog 12-05-2016 07:27 PM

Didn't we flip shit last off season....and the one before that about Glass being tight and not signing much of anyone?

I am fine with moving Davis for some prospects. He's easily replaced by Herrera IMO. Other than that, I don't think you move anyone unless it's an insane hall. Davis should bring a MLB ready bat for somewhere in the lineup, along with some arms.

DJ's left nut 12-05-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 12598487)
I would think it'd have to be a helluva haul prospect wise for the Royals to even consider that.

That's why it won't happen.

The Cardinals don't have 'a helluva haul prospect wise' to offer.

I mean sure, they could move Reyes, but they're not going to for two pending FAs. He has way too much value.

And the drop from Reyes is just too steep. Wong, as you know, sucks bawls. And if we included our #2 and #3 prospects with him, that's Weaver and Bader. Now I like both of those guys, but you're looking at a 4th starter with good #3 upside (too small to be more than that) and a likely 4th OFer with plus power potential.

In an absolutely ideal world, Bader turns into a 25 HR outfielder who probably puts up a triple slash of .265/.315/.485 but that's a pretty tough row to hoe given his plate discipline. He's capable of playing an above average CF but nothing outstanding. If you have an above average CFer with an .800 OPS and that kind of power potential, you're looking at a fringe all-star level player. But let's be honest - there's a 20% shot at that? Probably less.

12 total years of those guys plus another 4 of Wong...16 years of control vs. 2 is obviously something that Moore would find attractive, but for those two players I would think Moore could do a little better.

I suspect there's not much to it.

tk13 12-05-2016 07:46 PM

I have a feeling that a lot of this is other teams' GMs knowing what the Royals situation is, and trying to leverage it through the press.

DJ's left nut 12-05-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12598637)
I have a very strong feeling that a lot of this is other teams GMs knowing what the Royals situation is, and trying to leverage it through the press.

Eh, I think this is a bored reporter.

Mozeliak doesn't work through the press at all. None of his trades over the last several years were reported at all, they just happened.

Using the press for leverage was a Jocketty thing but Mozeliak doesn't work like that.

tk13 12-05-2016 08:22 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Legitimate chance of Sale trade to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nationals?src=hash">#Nationals</a>. Robles, Giolito would go to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash">#WhiteSox</a>. Teams haggling over final pieces in deal.</p>&mdash; Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/805959375089180672">December 6, 2016</a></blockquote>

Prison Bitch 12-05-2016 08:28 PM

Sux wave white (sox) flag quite early. 1 down, and Twinks will suck balls.

Why wouldn't we go out in a blaze of glory? Eff 2018

Jerm 12-05-2016 09:03 PM

Saw that the Cubs are interested in Wade and Duffy....Schwarber in play here esp. if we're talking Duffy?

lewdog 12-05-2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 12598797)
Saw that the Cubs are interested in Wade and Duffy....Schwarber in play here esp. if we're talking Duffy?

Not a chance with all the control years the Cubs have on Schwarber and what they are paying him.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12598605)
That's why it won't happen.

The Cardinals don't have 'a helluva haul prospect wise' to offer.

I mean sure, they could move Reyes, but they're not going to for two pending FAs. He has way too much value.

And the drop from Reyes is just too steep. Wong, as you know, sucks bawls. And if we included our #2 and #3 prospects with him, that's Weaver and Bader. Now I like both of those guys, but you're looking at a 4th starter with good #3 upside (too small to be more than that) and a likely 4th OFer with plus power potential.

In an absolutely ideal world, Bader turns into a 25 HR outfielder who probably puts up a triple slash of .265/.315/.485 but that's a pretty tough row to hoe given his plate discipline. He's capable of playing an above average CF but nothing outstanding. If you have an above average CFer with an .800 OPS and that kind of power potential, you're looking at a fringe all-star level player. But let's be honest - there's a 20% shot at that? Probably less.

12 total years of those guys plus another 4 of Wong...16 years of control vs. 2 is obviously something that Moore would find attractive, but for those two players I would think Moore could do a little better.

I suspect there's not much to it.

Arch City Sports on Facebook think its a done deal. ROFL God bless some of those folks. Of course its the same types across the state are freaking out on 610 and 810 Facebook posts about the trades.

Facebook sports fans pure entertainment.

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 09:28 PM

@ChrisCotillo: Industry buzz tonight is that the Royals could be looking to trade Lorenzo Cain and Wade Davis as part of a package deal.

Chiefspants 12-05-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12598841)
@ChrisCotillo: Industry buzz tonight is that the Royals could be looking to trade Lorenzo Cain and Wade Davis as part of a package deal.

The Dodgers would seem to be a match for that. The Cardinals can GTFO unless they're sending us Reyes.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12598848)
The Dodgers would seem to be a match for that. The Cardinals can GTFO unless they're sending us Reyes.

or Piscotty. I would take him in a heartbeat. But the Cardinals aren't a trade match.

Chiefspants 12-05-2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12598855)
or Piscotty. I would take him in a heartbeat. But the Cardinals aren't a trade match.

I don't think so either, but the reports that they're fixated on Cain is a tad confusing.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2016 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12598860)
I don't think so either, but the reports that they're fixated on Cain is a tad confusing.

Just for Cain a deal can be made, but not for Cain and Davis.

Wong, Weaver, Bader/Sierra for Cain is about right.

duncan_idaho 12-05-2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12598841)

That means:

Dodgers
Nationals
(maybe) Mets
Cubs
Rangers

I don't think the Cardinals are a fit for both, as they wouldn't have the motivation to pay the price for Davis.

The other teams all have the ability to build a package that would be worth both.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2016 10:21 PM

Nationals are just going to blow their system up if they get Sale and then go after Cain/Davis. But most of it is starting pitchers and they are fine in that department on the roster.

Cain/Davis for Turner, Lopez, and something and something.

Sure-Oz 12-05-2016 10:24 PM

@BKSportsTalk: .@JonHeyman says the #Royals could trade anyone BUT Duffy or Salvy. That sounds more like it. http://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/roya...lmost-anybody/

Titty Meat 12-05-2016 10:26 PM

Trade Homer please

duncan_idaho 12-05-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12598920)
Nationals are just going to blow their system up if they get Sale and then go after Cain/Davis. But most of it is starting pitchers and they are fine in that department on the roster.

Cain/Davis for Turner, Lopez, and something and something.

Trea Turner is untouchable and wouldn't be in that sort of deal (they won't move him for Sale, so...)

That trade would have to look more like a maxed out version of what I talked about earlier in the thread:

Wade Davis + Lorenzo Cain for....

OF Michael Taylor

Prospects:
SP Reynaldo Lopez
SP Erick Fedde
SP Austin Voth
CF Austin Stevenson

CaliforniaChief 12-05-2016 10:40 PM

My head is spinning. Can we turn the clock back to 2014 and do this run again?

The Bunk 12-05-2016 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12598601)
Didn't we flip shit last off season....and the one before that about Glass being tight and not signing much of anyone?

I am fine with moving Davis for some prospects. He's easily replaced by Herrera IMO. Other than that, I don't think you move anyone unless it's an insane hall. Davis should bring a MLB ready bat for somewhere in the lineup, along with some arms.

No shit. They've traded exactly zero players and everyone is losing their shit. Calm the **** down.

Unless you're a big Brooks Pounders fan.