ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***The Official MMA Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230465)

kcxiv 10-23-2010 10:57 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/2jcedcp.jpg

That knee is what really hurt Brock.

dirk digler 10-23-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110651)
I don't give a **** who saw it coming.

If Carwin doesn't gas out this same shit happens last time. The only difference is this time, Herb Dean actually CALLED the fight like it should have been last time.

Brock is a 1 dimensional do nothing who will beat smaller guys who can't handle his shoot. But as Cain and Carwin have showed, if you nullify his shoot, he's a ****ing do nothing fighter. Why people had their lips attached to his nuts I have no idea.

And that sir, is the difference between a guy who knows MMA and new ****s who don't know shit, but want to suck a on a guy like Lesnar's nuts.

I don't watch MMA events hardly at all so this maybe a stupid question but does Cain have what it takes to be a dominant champ? He impressed me tonight but I noticed he has only 8 fights. Is that normal?

Mr. Flopnuts 10-23-2010 10:59 PM

Wow. He should be embarrassed after that gif. Back pedaling and flailing like a mother****er.

TheGuardian 10-23-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7110663)
Cain was way smarter than Carwin, yeah. Cain made sure that he landed good blows on Lesnar while Lesnar was down, whereas Carwin tried gassed himself out on a quantity of less-effective blows.

Some contact got made to Brock's head on an attempted takedown. Brock went spiraling backwards towards the walls of the cage. He was essentially out of the fight at that moment, though it took a little bit for his to be fully out. I thought the ref called the fight at the appropriate moment tonight.

Cain has an unreal gas tank. But the fact is I will never waiver from the fact that just like Jake Shields "winning" that fight tonight, guys like Lesnar get a pass like he did in that Carwin fight when he shouldn't. That fight got stopped tonight but it looked very similar to the Carwin fight. Either way, Brock has been exposed as a completely 1 dimensional fighter. Shit the first thing he tried to do was shoot on Cain. And once his take down was stuffed he had well, not a ****ing thing in the world to go to.

COMo and Bo Bice you guys are ****ing MMA morons to a degree that is hard to describe. Suck on that shit bitches.

TheGuardian 10-23-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7110670)
I don't watch MMA events hardly at all so this maybe a stupid question but does Cain have what it takes to be a dominant champ? He impressed me tonight but I noticed he has only 8 fights. Is that normal?

Yes.

Cain is very technical in his striking and his wrestling is top notch. The one thing people make the mistake of comparing in wrestling and that is college wrestling to MMA wrestling. MMA wrestling has a lot of differences that are fairly drastic (like how it can morph into BJJ).

Cain is also good on the ground and has a great chin (as evidence by his fight against Kongo). And he probably has the best cardio of any heavyweight.

The only guy that presents a real problem for him is Carwin. Lesnar will be a has been after this. Thank God.

Reaper16 10-23-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110675)
Cain has an unreal gas tank. But the fact is I will never waiver from the fact that just like Jake Shields "winning" that fight tonight, guys like Lesnar get a pass like he did in that Carwin fight when he shouldn't. That fight got stopped tonight but it looked very similar to the Carwin fight. Either way, Brock has been exposed as a completely 1 dimensional fighter. Shit the first thing he tried to do was shoot on Cain. And once his take down was stuffed he had well, not a ****ing thing in the world to go to.

It did look damn similar. For me, the moment when the fight was stopped tonight saw Lesnar completely defenseless and I didn't see that against Carwin to the same degree. You're dead-on about Brock being exposed: stuff his shoots and land a blow to the head when he comes at you aggressively and you'll have a great chance. I'm not prepared to call him completely one-dimensional though, as Brock didn't even have an opportunity to go to something else. He was on his back getting his ass kicked too quickly to have any time to go to something else. If he hadn't have failed so hard tonight who's to say that he didn't have some stuff in his repertoire for the other rounds?

dirk digler 10-23-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110680)
Yes.

Cain is very technical in his striking and his wrestling is top notch. The one thing people make the mistake of comparing in wrestling and that is college wrestling to MMA wrestling. MMA wrestling has a lot of differences that are fairly drastic (like how it can morph into BJJ).

Cain is also good on the ground and has a great chin (as evidence by his fight against Kongo). And he probably has the best cardio of any heavyweight.

The only guy that presents a real problem for him is Carwin. Lesnar will be a has been after this. Thank God.

Thanks.

Brock 10-23-2010 11:08 PM

Lesnar was totally outclassed. He's never going to get that belt back.

kcxiv 10-23-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

If Carwin doesn't gas out this same shit happens last time. The only difference is this time, Herb Dean actually CALLED the fight like it should have been last time.

Brock is a 1 dimensional do nothing who will beat smaller guys who can't handle his shoot. But as Cain and Carwin have showed, if you nullify his shoot, he's a ****ing do nothing fighter. Why people had their lips attached to his nuts I have no idea.

And that sir, is the difference between a guy who knows MMA and new ****s who don't know shit, but want to suck a on a guy like Lesnar's nuts.

see that 2nd sentence in this post made the rest of your post worthless.

kcxiv 10-23-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7110691)
It did look damn similar. For me, the moment when the fight was stopped tonight saw Lesnar completely defenseless and I didn't see that against Carwin to the same degree. You're dead-on about Brock being exposed: stuff his shoots and land a blow to the head when he comes at you aggressively and you'll have a great chance. I'm not prepared to call him completely one-dimensional though, as Brock didn't even have an opportunity to go to something else. He was on his back getting his ass kicked too quickly to have any time to go to something else. If he hadn't have failed so hard tonight who's to say that he didn't have some stuff in his repertoire for the other rounds?

Carwin hurt Brock, but i dont think Brock was ever out of it. After that Knee from Cain in that gif i posted, Brock was done. He was out of it. he just curled up and he couldnt defend himself and he wasnt doing anything offensively.

ITs similar, in that Brock was wobbled in both fights and thats it.

Reaper16 10-23-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7110703)
Carwin hurt Brock, but i dont think Brock was ever out of it. After that Knee from Cain in that gif i posted, Brock was done. He was out of it. he just curled up and he couldnt defend himself and he wasnt doing anything offensively.

I pretty much see it the way you do.

TheGuardian 10-23-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7110691)

There is nothing for him to go to. He's a 1 dimensional fighter and always has been. Always will be. He short arms his strikes like a t-rex, has no real striking power and he RUNS away like a BITCH when he's hit. That's NOT the sign of a fighter. Brock loves it when he can bully a guy and run over him, but when he is forced to stand and fight he has no answer. He sucks.

TheGuardian 10-23-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7110703)

A guy doesn't have to be "out of it". He turtled up the EXACT same way against Carwin as he did against Cain. The only difference is Carwin gassed. Cain didn't. Or the outcome is the same. They just had no choice but to stop the fight because Cain wasn't gassing. That's it. Brock got his ass whipped something fierce in both fights.

Reaper16 10-23-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110710)
There is nothing for him to go to. He's a 1 dimensional fighter and always has been. Always will be. He short arms his strikes like a t-rex, has no real striking power and he RUNS away like a BITCH when he's hit. That's NOT the sign of a fighter. Brock loves it when he can bully a guy and run over him, but when he is forced to stand and fight he has no answer. He sucks.

Perhaps. He certainly sucked tonight. I would think that he has the potential to improve, no?

TheGuardian 10-23-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7110718)
Perhaps. He certainly sucked tonight. I would think that he has the potential to improve, no?

Uhhh did he improve in his stand up from the CArwin fight to this one?

No.

So the answer is no.

Reaper16 10-23-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110717)
A guy doesn't have to be "out of it". He turtled up the EXACT same way against Carwin as he did against Cain. The only difference is Carwin gassed. Cain didn't. Or the outcome is the same. They just had no choice but to stop the fight because Cain wasn't gassing. That's it. Brock got his ass whipped something fierce in both fights.

There was clearly a moment where Brock was unquestionably unable to defend himself intelligently tonight (the exact moment when the fight was called; a couple of hits before the call, really) whereas, for me, there wasn't that unquestionable moment against Carwin. I do agree though that the outcome for Carwin could have been the same if he was smarter about things.

Reaper16 10-23-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110725)
Uhhh did he improve in his stand up from the CArwin fight to this one?

No.

So the answer is no.

I don't understand how that makes sense. No, he didn't look improved at all from Carwin to Velasquez. But how does that logically support the claim that Brock will not improve (especially now that his people can say to him "Look, this is how two guys handled you in similar ways. We've got to do something about this.")? This position is essentially the direct opposite of the position you take in defense of Tyson Jackson.

TheGuardian 10-23-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7110740)
I don't understand how that makes sense. No, he didn't look improved at all from Carwin to Velasquez. But how does that logically support the claim that Brock will not improve (especially now that his people can say to him "Look, this is how two guys handled you in similar ways. We've got to do something about this.")? This position is essentially the direct opposite of the position you take in defense of Tyson Jackson.

Because one is football and one is MMA??? What the **** do they have to do with each other?

Brock is a lifetime wrestler who has the look of a wrestler on his feet. His stand up from his very first fight in the UFC against Heath Herring doesn't look any different than his stand up now. He's just never going to be very good on his feet. Some guys aren't. Sorry, that's how it is for some fighters in MMA. What part about that don't you get?

Brock 10-23-2010 11:25 PM

He hit his ceiling, it's over.

TheGuardian 10-23-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7110756)
He hit his ceiling, it's over.

Pretty much.

Lesnar will always present problems to guys like Mir who don't do well with wrestlers and bigger guys. But guys like Cain and Carwin will beat him 99% of the time because they can stuff his shoot and then beat his ****ing ass into oblivion.

CoMo and Bo Bice, where the **** are you whores at? Nothing to say now?

Al Bundy 10-23-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110753)
Because one is football and one is MMA??? What the **** do they have to do with each other?

Brock is a lifetime wrestler who has the look of a wrestler on his feet. His stand up from his very first fight in the UFC against Heath Herring doesn't look any different than his stand up now. He's just never going to be very good on his feet. Some guys aren't. Sorry, that's how it is for some fighters in MMA. What part about that don't you get?

I think what he is saying is that Tyson Jackson hasn't looked any better since the day he set foot in Kansas City..

TheGuardian 10-23-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFGoldenKnight (Post 7110762)
I think what he is saying is that Tyson Jackson hasn't looked any better since the day he set foot in Kansas City..

So? We're talking MMA. It has nothing to do with football.

The shit some of you come up with..........

And actually Jackson looked good in the first game of the season before he got hurt.

kcxiv 10-23-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110717)

The outcome may have been the same, but it didnt happen, so it doesnt ****ING matter.

Its like saying if the Chiefs stop the Texans in the 4th quarter and dont let them score 21 points the Chiefs would have won. Really? no shit?

Al Bundy 10-23-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110766)
So? We're talking MMA. It has nothing to do with football.

The shit some of you come up with..........

And actually Jackson looked good in the first game of the season before he got hurt.

Don't put me in that... he is drawing a correlation and you're not getting. I don't know anything about MMA, never have watched it and never will.

TheGuardian 10-23-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7110767)
The outcome may have been the same, but it didnt happen, so it doesnt ****ING matter.

Its like saying if the Chiefs stop the Texans in the 4th quarter and dont let them score 21 points the Chiefs would have won. Really? no shit?

We've been through this. The difference is the ref made the right call tonight.

Second, Lesnar is done. He will never be champion again because he has been exposed. So suck it Lesnar fanboys. **** you bitches.

Reaper16 10-23-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110753)

Athletics, improvement with coaching, etc. I don't see the comparison as completely dissimilar.

If you remember from previous MMA discussions, I am an admitted n00b. I respect your knowledge so I ask you things, even though you are patently abrasive in conversation. The "part I didn't get" was you making a claim and not bothering to substantiate it whatsoever. But you do somewhat in the post I am quoting now, so thank you. Your comments about how certain types of fighters not showing improvement, historically, (which I didn't know) is very interesting to me and gives some substantiation to your claim.

kcxiv 10-23-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7110772)
We've been through this. The difference is the ref made the right call tonight.

Second, Lesnar is done. He will never be champion again because he has been exposed. So suck it Lesnar fanboys. **** you bitches.

I like Brock, but i like Cain better. lol

pr_capone 10-24-2010 12:17 AM

TG. I agree with 90% of what you said about Lesnar. That said... the manner in which you make your point grates me to no ****ing end.

You are an obnoxious know it all. People would be more inclined to listen to you if you weren't such a douchebag about your position. We understand that you have experience in this field. Your experience though does not entitle you to condescend every poster you disagree with.

Honestly, I wish you would STFU... or at least dial it back a bit.vb

Shogun 10-24-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7105958)

And Cain is gonna whoop that ass on Saturday. :D

Technique, Speed > Power

Over-Head 10-24-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7110671)
Wow. He should be embarrassed after that gif. Back pedaling and flailing like a mother****er.

WWF flashback:D

Shogun 10-24-2010 01:02 AM

Brock sure can 360...

TrickyNicky 10-24-2010 01:06 AM

Cecil Peoples is the worst judge in the history of ever. Holy ****. I don't know how you can score that 30-27 Shields.

TrickyNicky 10-24-2010 02:42 AM

http://ka.rg.free.fr/Sherdog/Request...1%20Lesnar.gif

'Scuse me officer, I have a belt to lose...

Shogun 10-24-2010 03:07 AM

Undertaker getting interviewed by my buddy Ariel from MMA fanhouse. Great interview, Brock gets in his face.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjHtxPew5Os?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjHtxPew5Os?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Shogun 10-24-2010 05:54 AM

http://i56.tinypic.com/fxcf1h.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2gxoi7a.jpg

BigCatDaddy 10-24-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Where were you before the fights when I asked for a prediction from you. It's easy to say something after the fact.

Shogun 10-24-2010 06:37 AM

http://i52.tinypic.com/2nkigc9.jpg

BigCatDaddy 10-24-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7110670)

No, he doesn't. He isn't head and shoulders above the class the way GSP and Silva are their class. I actually think JDS has a better shot of realling off 3-4 title defenses then Cain does.

suds79 10-24-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7110911)
No, he doesn't. He isn't head and shoulders above the class the way GSP and Silva are their class. I actually think JDS has a better shot of realling off 3-4 title defenses then Cain does.

Probably true considering it's a sport where really nobody outside of the two you mentioned rallys off 3-4+ title defenses. Just takes 1 big shot.

But, I don't think there's a heavyweight with the all around tools as Cain and that's why I like his game. He can take the fight to where he needs it to be to favor him.

JDS has great, great hands. So Cain would be wise to take him down.

Shogun 10-24-2010 07:39 AM

Im picking Cain > JDS

If you want to know why I will explain

KCUnited 10-24-2010 08:20 AM

Nobody is going to comment on the baddest mustache/beard guy in perhaps the entire world.

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7110780)
TG. I agree with 90% of what you said about Lesnar. That said... the manner in which you make your point grates me to no ****ing end.

You are an obnoxious know it all. People would be more inclined to listen to you if you weren't such a douchebag about your position. We understand that you have experience in this field. Your experience though does not entitle you to condescend every poster you disagree with.

Honestly, I wish you would STFU... or at least dial it back a bit.vb

I understand man. But you gotta understand that nothing gets on my nerves more than guys who don't know shit about this stuff that show up like dumbass fanboys to talk. In the last fight that's what happened.

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 7111099)
Nobody is going to comment on the baddest mustache/beard guy in perhaps the entire world.

That's weird man. I thought taker was there to support Brock and apparently he was there to watch him get his ass whipped.

KCUnited 10-24-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7111127)
That's weird man. I thought taker was there to support Brock and apparently he was there to watch him get his ass whipped.

I'm talking about the epic mustache/beard guy at the cage entrance eyeballing the refs inspecting the fighters. He had the Billy Gibbons with the shaved out middle.

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7110775)
Athletics, improvement with coaching, etc. I don't see the comparison as completely dissimilar.

If you remember from previous MMA discussions, I am an admitted n00b. I respect your knowledge so I ask you things, even though you are patently abrasive in conversation. The "part I didn't get" was you making a claim and not bothering to substantiate it whatsoever. But you do somewhat in the post I am quoting now, so thank you. Your comments about how certain types of fighters not showing improvement, historically, (which I didn't know) is very interesting to me and gives some substantiation to your claim.

Tried to answer this last night but the server was all ****ed up.

Some guys just never get better at certain aspects of their game.

Chael Sonnen is always going to lose to good jiu jitsu guys. Tito Ortiz never developed a stand up worth a shit in 10 years. Randy Couture was never going to submit many guys.

There are certain aspects of MMA that some guys just can never get much better in for whatever reason and it's obvious that Brock is never going to be very good on his feet. For a guy that big he lacks power and punches like a t-rex.

Tito for example, hired boxing coach after boxing coach but he could never knock anyone out. He just didn't have that ability, and could never win a stand up battle. According to you, he should have improved. But he didn't. Why? Because some guys just don't in some areas and always have weaknesses they can't fix.

Some wrestlers, like Rashad, Cain and Kosh, do get better on their feet but it's rare for wrestlers to do that because they spent their lives on the mat. Carwin just happens to be a guy that has big power, but he's not like Cain with pin point accuracy. He's more of a 1 punch guy where Cain hits you with 4,5,6 right on the money.

Either way, Brock is done as champ. He's been exposed as the 1 trick pony that he is. Stuff his shoot and make him stand and secondly, it's OBVIOUS he does NOT like to get hit. He ran like a ****ing bitch against CArwin when he got hit and did the exact same thing against Cain. That is NOT the heart of a fighter. Brock is really kind of a pussy. I find it funny that guys on here had their lips so firmly attached to his nuts.

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 7111137)
I'm talking about the epic mustache/beard guy at the cage entrance eyeballing the refs inspecting the fighters. He had the Billy Gibbons with the shaved out middle.

LOL I noticed that guy and laughed.

Delano 10-24-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 7111099)

I started growing an imitation last night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo 10-24-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7110910)

This makes me LAWL heartily.

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 08:53 AM

Apparently, Brock yelled "STOP!" as Cain was whipping his ass.

Baddest man on the planet? LMFAO

More like biggest vag on the MMA planet. What a pussy.

Brock 10-24-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7110874)
Undertaker getting interviewed by my buddy Ariel from MMA fanhouse. Great interview, Brock gets in his face.

So right after Lesnar got his ass handed to him, he still feels up to talking shit to an old guy on his way out? Well, at least he pretended to have class when Rogan was interviewing him.

The Poz 10-24-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjHtxPew5Os?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjHtxPew5Os?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

What was that all about? Looked like the Undertaker wanted a piece of him right there.

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7111170)
So right after Lesnar got his ass handed to him, he still feels up to talking shit to an old guy on his way out? Well, at least he pretended to have class when Rogan was interviewing him.

Yeah he's a douche man. I knew guys like him growing up and they remain a douche bag forever.

I just wonder where CoMo and Bo Bice are. Seeing how they had so much to say after the last fight.

Pablo 10-24-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7111176)
Yeah he's a douche man. I knew guys like him growing up and they remain a douche bag forever.

I just wonder where CoMo and Bo Bice are. Seeing how they had so much to say after the last fight.

CoMo has a lot to say about everything. It's best if you disregard anything he types.

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 7111182)
CoMo has a lot to say about everything. It's best if you disregard anything he types.

Well he apparently doesn't have anything to say about the beating that 265 pound vag took last night.

I've never seen a guy actually run away from getting hit in an MMA ring, TWICE.

Baddest
Man
On
The
Planet.....doesn't like to get hit. WHO KNEW?

Delano 10-24-2010 09:14 AM

Well, at least one fella from South Dakota won last night. When they showed the Madsen fight, my buddy stood up in the bar and yelled, "I ****ed his cousin!" She is not attractive. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 7111193)
Well, at least one fella from South Dakota won last night. When they showed the Madsen fight, my buddy stood up in the bar and yelled, "I ****ed his cousin!" She is not attractive. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't stand Madsen either. That guy sucks. Has no business in an MMA ring.

Back to Lesnar, I wonder where all of the idiots who thought that Brock would destroy Fedor are now?????????

dirk digler 10-24-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjHtxPew5Os?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

LMAO The Undertaker is ****ing awesome

BigCatDaddy 10-24-2010 12:44 PM

Like him or not, Brock still has victories over some of the top HW's in the world and only been competiting for a few years. Is he the top dude? No, but he still a top 5-10 HW IMO. By saying how bad Brock sucks, you are doing a major diservice to Cain Velasquez who took that title. It wasn't given to him.

I like Cain, but I think he coughs up the title in the next fight and JDS reals of a nice streak of title defenses. JDS is better on his feet and I don't see Cain taking him down. It should be a good matchup for the fans and a fun fight to watch none the less.

googlegoogle 10-24-2010 01:01 PM

Anyone have a link to download or view the lesnar-cain fight replay? hd?

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7112681)
Like him or not, Brock still has victories over some of the top HW's in the world and only been competiting for a few years. Is he the top dude? No, but he still a top 5-10 HW IMO. By saying how bad Brock sucks, you are doing a major diservice to Cain Velasquez who took that title. It wasn't given to him.

I like Cain, but I think he coughs up the title in the next fight and JDS reals of a nice streak of title defenses. JDS is better on his feet and I don't see Cain taking him down. It should be a good matchup for the fans and a fun fight to watch none the less.

what top heavyweights in the world does he have victories over?

Heath Herring? Nope.

Randy Couture? Nope.

He split with Mir.

He got his ass handed to him by Carwin but Carwin gassed out beating on him. I will give him that one.

So he's got 1 win over a true TOP HW, where that guy gassed himself out. Great point man.

Brock was exposed in that Carwin fight and then exposed against last night as a 1 trick pony. He will never contend against guys who can stuff his takedowns and force him to stand. He's the Tito ortiz of heavyweights.

googlegoogle 10-24-2010 02:20 PM

Shogun 10-24-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7111160)
Apparently, Brock yelled "STOP!" as Cain was whipping his ass.

Baddest man on the planet? LMFAO

More like biggest vag on the MMA planet. What a pussy.

Its because Hes like a less talented Mark Kerr, He can't get hit, he doesnt know how to box, his only defense is his power which hasn't saved him thus far. He is a horrible MMA fighter and any smart fighter will beat him now after the gameplan came out with, Kind of like how Machida was 'the next Fedor' during his small reign, then Shogun and Machida 1 at UFC 104 where Shogun ****ing raped him, and again at 113.

Tim Sylvia even predicted Brock's future in 07.

Quote:

"I don’t think he’s going to have a future in MMA ... He’s a baby. Don’t kick him [because] he doesn’t want to get hurt. He’s a helluva wrestler and he’s strong. But he can’t punch and doesn’t know how to kick. He can only go straight forward. He can’t survive as just a takedown guy."

Shogun 10-24-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7112681)

Carwin = Good comeback win, Probably could be argued he should have been stopped in the first. But nonetheless, still a good win.

Mir = Split, he got subbed and tapped FAST in their first fight, and the 2nd fight wasn't competitive at all, Brock got his first knee in this fight and saw stars.

Randy = Randy hasn't been relevant for a while now, he definitely wasn't top 10 when they fought.

Herring = The last time Herring was top 10 was when he fought Nog/Fedor

Min Soo = lol

TrickyNicky 10-24-2010 03:30 PM

http://i53.tinypic.com/2j3fk84.jpg

All that money goes flashing before your eyes...

googlegoogle 10-24-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 7114249)
http://i53.tinypic.com/2j3fk84.jpg

All that money goes flashing before your eyes...

damn. my money! ROFL.

he'll blow him later.

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7113956)
Its because Hes like a less talented Mark Kerr, He can't get hit, he doesnt know how to box, his only defense is his power which hasn't saved him thus far. He is a horrible MMA fighter and any smart fighter will beat him now after the gameplan came out with, Kind of like how Machida was 'the next Fedor' during his small reign, then Shogun and Machida 1 at UFC 104 where Shogun ****ing raped him, and again at 113.

Tim Sylvia even predicted Brock's future in 07.

Watch out now, CP posters like Bo Bice and CoMo will tell you that Sylvia doesn't know anything about MMA because he's saying the same shit I did.

I will say this. Brock's fetal position is top notch. I can't think of a single heavyweight that does it better than him.

Brock is a pussy bitch. So are his fans.

Shogun 10-24-2010 04:08 PM

Gaurdian, we're going to get along just fine.

TheGuardian 10-24-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7114461)
Gaurdian, we're going to get along just fine.

LOL it appears so..............

SAUTO 10-25-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7111203)
I can't stand Madsen either. That guy sucks. Has no business in an MMA ring.

Back to Lesnar, I wonder where all of the idiots who thought that Brock would destroy Fedor are now?????????

right now is the time for UFC to sign fedor. they could throw 4-5 fights together with brock, JDS, cain, and fedor that people would keep paying to see.

TheGuardian 10-25-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 7117141)
right now is the time for UFC to sign fedor. they could throw 4-5 fights together with brock, JDS, cain, and fedor that people would keep paying to see.

I would LOVE to see the Fedor/Lesnar fight so we could all laugh like ****ing hyenas at the MF'ers who said that Brock was a better fighter than Fedor. That fight would be over in ****ing seconds.

SAUTO 10-25-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7117154)
I would LOVE to see the Fedor/Lesnar fight so we could all laugh like ****ing hyenas at the MF'ers who said that Brock was a better fighter than Fedor. That fight would be over in ****ing seconds.

yep they could throw out several interesting matchups fedor/brock, cain/jds, winners fight, losers fight, then the winner of the losers fights the loser of the winners then the champ.

TheGuardian 10-25-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 7117160)
yep they could throw out several interesting matchups fedor/brock, cain/jds, winners fight, losers fight, then the winner of the losers fights the loser of the winners then the champ.

Fedor coming in would really shake things up. But IMO you have to add Alistair in there too. That would make the HW division the single most stacked division in UFC and people are more interested in HW fights anyway.

SAUTO 10-25-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7117180)
Fedor coming in would really shake things up. But IMO you have to add Alistair in there too. That would make the HW division the single most stacked division in UFC and people are more interested in HW fights anyway.

i agree about overeem, BUT i doubt he comes over. and i also hate that guy

Pants 10-25-2010 10:08 AM

Meh, no real surprise there. I guess this time the ref HAD to stop the fight before Brock's cheekbone started pokin' out. This really should have been a Carwin v Cain bout, oh well.

And yeah, now is the time to get Fedor to fight some UFC dudes. Dude isn't getting any younger.

BigCatDaddy 10-25-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7117154)

Who here said that?

BigCatDaddy 10-25-2010 10:14 AM

Thought on Brendan Schaub? The dude looked like he has came along ways from his days on TUF. Gonzaga has held his own with the elite guys and he was never even in that fight.

TheGuardian 10-25-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7117225)
Who here said that?

CoMo at least. I know there were others.

TheGuardian 10-25-2010 11:09 AM

This thread is full of win........

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=217717&page=2

From the moron known as scott free

Quote:

Yep... more convinced of it now than ever, Lesnar will beat him when & if it happens, Fedor wont be punching at, he'll be punching up to & Brock isnt going to be standing around with his hands at his tits like this joker.

Yea, Lesnars a dick... but he's MY dick, he'll f**k this guy up... & until they fight, you cant tell me sh*t.
And from Bo Bice aka MadMax aka The Bitch who doesn't show up in these threads when he gets shown up as the idiotic bitch that he is........

Quote:

Yep, and Brock will hand this over-hyped muff his ass. But shhhh! don't tell that to the "pure" MMA fans.. They live in lalala land.
Of course from CoMo there is LOT of fail.......

Quote:

If the fight was stood up, Fedor probably has the upper hand but even last night his boxing didn't really impress me. He hits hard, and all it takes is one punch to drop someone. But Fedor IMO was getting his ass handed to him until he tagged Rogers. Rogers also looked tired awfully early. Don't know how much that played into it. Lesnar is in much better shape than Rogers, Lesnar is also much quicker.

Overall it would take Fedor to knockout Lesnar for him to win. If it went to the ground, Fedor wouldnt stand a chance....Brock is too big, strong, and is probably a better wrestler than anything Fedor has faced. But all it takes is one tag to the chin and that would be it. Even with the Arvlowski fight, Fedor was losing, but then Arv got tagged.
This shit is so hilarious now it's comedy gold to read.

Shogun 10-25-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 7117213)
Meh, no real surprise there. I guess this time the ref HAD to stop the fight before Brock's cheekbone started pokin' out. This really should have been a Carwin v Cain bout, oh well.

And yeah, now is the time to get Fedor to fight some UFC dudes. Dude isn't getting any younger.

Well Brock Verbally submitted, he yelled STOP IT! STOP HITTING ME! like 12 times. Bitch.

BigCatDaddy 10-25-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7117376)
Well Brock Verbally submitted, he yelled STOP IT! STOP HITTING ME! like 12 times. Bitch.

Is this visible on the PPV? Who said he said that?