ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Teedubya getting after it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263522)

HemiEd 09-12-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 8903564)
i'm proud to say that tdub once told me to eat a bag of dicks.;)
sec

You should post that over in the celebrity thread.

seclark 09-12-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8903566)
You should post that over in the celebrity thread.

LMAO

Lzen 09-12-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8903484)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Teller_Rio.jpg

Hammock Parties 09-12-2012 08:29 AM

Travis is getting flamed hard on ArrowheadPride now.

LMAO

durtyrute 09-12-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8903621)

LMAO

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/atta...-big-balls.jpg

Quesadilla Joe 09-12-2012 08:35 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ue-on-twitter/

Chiefs apologize after telling fan to “get a clue” on Twitter

When a longtime Chiefs fan named Travis Wright got frustrated by Sunday’s loss to the Falcons, he took to Twitter to declare that he couldn’t be much of a fan anymore, accusing owner Clark Hunt of being cheap and adding an obscenity.

When the Chiefs employee who handles Twitter for the team saw that, he took umbrage and sent a private direct message to Wright, telling him to “get a clue.” That wasn’t very smart, because Wright posted the message on Reddit, where hundreds of people ripped the Chiefs for their poor fan relations.

Eventually, the employee who runs the Chiefs’ Twitter (whose name hasn’t been released publicly) tweeted this apology:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1...balltalknb.png

Wright told KSHB in Kansas City that the Chiefs didn’t apologize to him personally, and they’ve blocked him from seeing their Twitter messages.

“The funny thing about [the apology] is that I personally didn’t see it,” Wright said. “They didn’t apologize to me, they apologized to everyone else because of the backlash.”

The incident is reminiscent of the time in 2008 when then-Browns General Manager Phil Savage responded to a critical e-mail from a fan by e-mailing him back and saying, “Go root for Buffalo-f#@* you-.” Team employees at all levels would be wise to learn that if a fan rips you online, you’re best off ignoring it.

durtyrute 09-12-2012 08:38 AM

Season Tickets

that's all I'm saying

ChiTown 09-12-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8903637)
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ue-on-twitter/

Chiefs apologize after telling fan to “get a clue” on Twitter

When a longtime Chiefs fan named Travis Wright got frustrated by Sunday’s loss to the Falcons, he took to Twitter to declare that he couldn’t be much of a fan anymore, accusing owner Clark Hunt of being cheap and adding an obscenity.

When the Chiefs employee who handles Twitter for the team saw that, he took umbrage and sent a private direct message to Wright, telling him to “get a clue.” That wasn’t very smart, because Wright posted the message on Reddit, where hundreds of people ripped the Chiefs for their poor fan relations.

Eventually, the employee who runs the Chiefs’ Twitter (whose name hasn’t been released publicly) tweeted this apology:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1...balltalknb.png

Wright told KSHB in Kansas City that the Chiefs didn’t apologize to him personally, and they’ve blocked him from seeing their Twitter messages.

“The funny thing about [the apology] is that I personally didn’t see it,” Wright said. “They didn’t apologize to me, they apologized to everyone else because of the backlash.”

The incident is reminiscent of the time in 2008 when then-Browns General Manager Phil Savage responded to a critical e-mail from a fan by e-mailing him back and saying, “Go root for Buffalo-f#@* you-.” Team employees at all levels would be wise to learn that if a fan rips you online, you’re best off ignoring it.

That is quite possibly the most awesome thing I have seen today.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8903637)
[The incident is reminiscent of the time in 2008 when then-Browns General Manager Phil Savage responded to a critical e-mail from a fan by e-mailing him back and saying, “Go root for Buffalo-f#@* you-.” Team employees at all levels would be wise to learn that if a fan rips you online, you’re best off ignoring it.

I guess I can understand all the uproar from this, but the reality is, the Chiefs are a privately owned business. They are free to run it anyway they want. Not smart, but if they want to tell fans to *uck off or go fly a kite, they are certainly entitled to that. You as a customer are certainly entitled to go spend your money elsewhere.

DaFace 09-12-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8903646)
I guess I can understand all the uproar from this, but the reality is, the Chiefs are a privately owned business. They are free to run it anyway they want. Not smart, but if they want to tell fans to *uck off or go fly a kite, they are certainly entitled to that. You as a customer are certainly entitled to go spend your money elsewhere.

I agree, but they also need to know that making a choice to say something like that is going to cause a PR nightmare. If you're willing to put up with that, sure, go tell all your fans to **** off just for fun. :)

The Bad Guy 09-12-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8903621)

LMAO

Not surprising. That site is homer central.

HemiEd 09-12-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8903643)
That is quite possibly the most awesome thing I have seen today.

Its early.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8903661)
I agree, but they also need to know that making a choice to say something like that is going to cause a PR nightmare. If you're willing to put up with that, sure, go tell all your fans to **** off just for fun. :)

All the Chiefs and most business’s care about is the smell of Green. Ive said forever that the best way to get real change is to vote with your wallet. Not votes and comments on a message board.

Frosty 09-12-2012 09:07 AM

I wonder if the "intern" that was running the Twitter feed is in the unemployment line today?

MIAdragon 09-12-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8903667)

Never been, think I may wonder over there.

MIAdragon 09-12-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8903696)
I wonder if the "intern" that was running the Twitter feed is in the unemployment line today?

Hell no, an unpaid worker, you know old boy would never let go of one of those.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning

Just how ****ing awesome would it be if it was Pioli himself that responded to TW's tweet?

:evil:

pr_capone 09-12-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8903456)
I have to laugh my ass off at the idea at the chiefs using twitter correctly. Can't even get cell service at the games...

... from Sprint, an official sponsor.

:doh!:

Iowanian 09-12-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

This could become the new "it was Aliens" gif on this website.

BigCatDaddy 09-12-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8903667)

Wow. Carl loved those true fans.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-12-2012 09:28 AM

Just watched the vid and I think Travis did a pretty nice job.

DaFace 09-12-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8903727)
This could become the new "it was Aliens" gif on this website.

LOL...someone needs to make this happen.

mdchiefsfan 09-12-2012 09:43 AM

Just wait for the big Pioli FU. He'll extend Cassel and say,"See? That's what the cap space was for!

ReynardMuldrake 09-12-2012 09:48 AM

I suck at animated .GIFs, but...

http://i.imgur.com/x9J2u.jpg

ct 09-12-2012 09:53 AM

so lemme get this straight, tdub can tell them to FO, but since they are a big public company they have to wear a muzzle and cant say nothin? then he gets to complain about 'midwestern values' and unprofessionalism?

i'm no apologist, and I happen to agree 100% w/ his point, but he needs to grow a pair and quit whinin.

KCUnited 09-12-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 8903821)
so lemme get this straight, tdub can tell them to FO, but since they are a big public company they have to wear a muzzle and cant say nothin? then he gets to complain about 'midwestern values' and unprofessionalism?

i'm no apologist, and I happen to agree 100% w/ his point, but he needs to grow a pair and quit whinin.

2nd guy always gets flagged.

mcaj22 09-12-2012 09:58 AM

if i went to this fat ****'s social media company and threw a bunch of f words at him I wonder what his response back would be. I bet you even worse than that Chiefs twitter intern.

I'm not defending the Chiefs here, but this turd is exactly that, a turd. He has a point, but he did it in such a troll fashion that he looks worse than the Chiefs counter imo

durtyrute 09-12-2012 10:01 AM

He said something that we all have said numerous times.

mikey23545 09-12-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8903832)
if i went to this fat ****'s social media company and threw a bunch of f words at him I wonder what his response back would be. I bet you even worse than that Chiefs twitter intern.

I'm not defending the Chiefs here, but this turd is exactly that, a turd. He has a point, but he did it in such a troll fashion that he looks worse than the Chiefs counter imo

Yeah, I can't believe the overwhelming support for this stupid **** leaving an obscene tweet and getting all bent out of shape over the response.

WTH, is everybody on this board 13 years old?

NewChief 09-12-2012 10:12 AM

I wonder if he was wearing his Vibram 5 Fingers during the interview?

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 8903821)
so lemme get this straight, tdub can tell them to FO, but since they are a big public company they have to wear a muzzle and cant say nothin?

That is EXACTLY right.

What happened to the old saying "The customer is ALWAYS right"?

Somewhere along the line, the Chiefs decided they didn't give a shit about the customer.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8903848)
Yeah, I can't believe the overwhelming support for this stupid **** leaving an obscene tweet and getting all bent out of shape over the response.

Obscene? What was obscene? Did he say he'd skull**** Pioli or something?

Titty Meat 09-12-2012 10:16 AM

Funny they would let some intern insult a fan but not let a blogger post a blog about tamba hali. Chiefs are nazis.

mikey23545 09-12-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903888)
Obscene? What was obscene? Did he say he'd skull**** Pioli or something?

Sorry, misread something...wasn't obscene, just childish.

Iowanian 09-12-2012 10:20 AM

the delivery of the original message to the Chiefs may not have been ideal however it's a valid point.

The Chiefs are abusing their fan base and taking us all for granted.

It doesn't take long to see that we're not in the bottom handful for ticket prices, but year after year after mediocre-shitty year, the Chiefs have tons of unspent money.

This fan base deserves better.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8903832)

Its just the age we live in. Every joe blow fanboy feels that just because he has a “internet voice” hes ready to become a CEO.

htismaqe 09-12-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8903848)

He's a fan.

They're a CORPORATION. One that supposedly prides themselves on professionalism and excellence.

Most people expected more of the Chiefs, as they SHOULD, since the Chiefs themselves beat us over the head with it every day.

Titty Meat 09-12-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8903903)
He's a fan.

They're a CORPORATION. One that supposedly prides themselves on professionalism and excellence.

Most people expected more of the Chiefs, as they SHOULD, since the Chiefs themselves beat us over the head with it every day.

They seem to be more than just a corporation these days.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8903892)
Sorry, misread something...wasn't obscene, just childish.

Well, of course.

:D

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8903902)
Its just the age we live in. Every joe blow fanboy feels that just because he has a “internet voice” hes ready to become a CEO.

Um, I don't think so. I don't think that people voicing their opinions about the business practices, right or wrong, of multi-national corporate conglomerates are wanting the CEO's job. They want a change in business practices.

In the Chiefs case, their organization should be more than willing to listen, especially considering 40 years of complete and utter failure.

htismaqe 09-12-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8903910)
They seem to be more than just a corporation these days.

Yeah, I'm just speaking strictly from a business standpoint.

I've had customers tell me our service is bullshit before. I don't respond by saying "go buy your service elsewhere".

And I haven't spend thousands of dollars on 50-year anniversary TV commercials that say "our customers are the greatest, we wouldn't be what we are without them" either.

htismaqe 09-12-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903918)
Um, I don't think so. I don't think that people voicing their opinions about the business practices, right or wrong, of multi-national corporate conglomerates are wanting the CEO's job. They want a change in business practices.

In the Chiefs case, their organization should be more than willing to listen, especially considering 40 years of complete and utter failure.

This.

mcaj22 09-12-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8903902)

The problem with that is and social media is, a guy that looks like that would never say those words to even a Chiefs intern in person.

Ill sit here and bash the Chiefs all I want, but I am not going to go out of my way to hunt some low end staffer on the Chiefs official payroll that is probably some 24 year old out of college yuppie making just enough to pay his rent and make that guys job harder because the guys at the top of his food chain suck.

If Scott Pioli ran the twitter, I'd understand. But at the end of the day, he doesn't. And taking it out on some rando is no different than walking in a 5 star restaurant, hating the food, so you go in the bathroom and shit on the floor instead of the toilet to make the janitor's job worse.

Donger 09-12-2012 10:34 AM

"I'm not saying they were radar rings, but they were radar rings."

"I'm not saying the dollar's going to collapse, but the dollar's going to collapse."

"I'm not saying HAARP caused the Japan earthquake, but HAARP caused the Japan earthquake."

The possibilities are almost endless.

htismaqe 09-12-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8903928)
The problem with that is and social media is, a guy that looks like that would never say those words to even a Chiefs intern in person.

Ill sit here and bash the Chiefs all I want, but I am not going to go out of my way to hunt some low end staffer on the Chiefs official payroll that is probably some 24 year old out of college yuppie making just enough to pay his rent and make that guys job harder because the guys at the top of his food chain suck.

If Scott Pioli ran the twitter, I'd understand. But at the end of the day, he doesn't. And taking it out on some rando is no different than walking in a 5 star restaurant, hating the food, so you go in the bathroom and shit on the floor instead of the toilet to make the janitor's job worse.

What are you talking about?

People call into customer service organizations ALL THE TIME and complain about things that the individual agent can't change. That's the PURPOSE of customer service.

This type of thing is the only reason for the Chiefs to have an official Twitter feed. The ONLY reason.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Wow. Clueless.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903918)

Then I say again, if you want change or don’t like the product, organize the masses to stop spending money on it. Isnt that how it works in Hollywood too?

I know nothing about this guy. Is he a season ticket holder?

NewChief 09-12-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8903936)
"I'm not saying they were radar rings, but they were radar rings."

"I'm not saying the dollar's going to collapse, but the dollar's going to collapse."

"I'm not saying HAARP caused the Japan earthquake, but HAARP caused the Japan earthquake."

The possibilities are almost endless.

"I'm not saying that Vibram Five Fingers will turn you an athlete, but... nevermind people have seen pictures of me now."

Sorry, Ari. You know I love you, bro. It's sure fun to flip you shit, though.

durtyrute 09-12-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8903941)
Then I say again, if you want change or don’t like the product, organize the masses to stop spending money on it. Isnt that how it works in Hollywood too?

No

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Then I say again, if you want change or don’t like the product, organize the masses to stop spending money on it.

Yeah, right. How long has it been since you lived in Kansas City? How easy do you think it would be to change the football culture created by Carl Peterson and Marty Schottemheimer? What alternative are you going to give people when it's 10 degrees outside on Sunday?

Quote:

Isnt that how it works in Hollywood too?

No.

Quote:

How is it possible that you know nothing about AriChiefs/AliChiefs/Teedubya? The guy has been a vocal member at CP for as long as I can remember.

lcarus 09-12-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8903692)
All the Chiefs and most business’s care about is the smell of Green. Ive said forever that the best way to get real change is to vote with your wallet. Not votes and comments on a message board.

Agree 100%.

htismaqe 09-12-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

How is automatically jumping to the last resort the best solution?

This is the problem with the monopoly that is pro football.

When consumer confidence is wavering, Ford Motor Company doesn't get on Twitter and say "**** you, go buy a Toyota". They interact with people on Twitter (and Facebook and all sort of other contact media) and actively (or silently) solicit feedback on HOW TO IMPROVE CONSUMER CONFIDENCE.

They actually want someone to get on Twitter and say "I've bought Fords all my life but this new F150 is bullshit. " It gives them an opportunity to get a leg up on their COMPETITION by actually asking the customer "what don't you like?" and "what would you improve?"

If the guy just stops buying Fords and gets everybody else to do the same, Ford eventually stops making F150s to cut their losses and in the end, he doesn't get what he wants.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8903953)
Agree 100%.

LMAO

Okay, go ahead and get 80,000 people (probably more like 120,000+) to NOT attend a Chiefs game this season.

Ready, set, go!

bevischief 09-12-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8903511)

Go read the responses.
LMAO

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 10:43 AM

If this thread reveals anything, it's that some people understand the world today (Social Media) and some people are completely clueless.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903949)
How is it possible that you know nothing about AriChiefs/AliChiefs/Teedubya? The guy has been a vocal member at CP for as long as I can remember.

Heh…..i don’t know? I don’t really keep up with the personal facts of members. Except for you Mr. Pesci. : )

NewChief 09-12-2012 10:46 AM

This sort of uproar damages the Chiefs brand. This damages their wallet indirectly. Surely you guys understand that?

There's a reason that the Chiefs spend tons of money on advertising and marketing, and it's not so you read an ad and run out and buy a season ticket. It's so you read an ad and have positive associations with the Chiefs brand, which then, eventually might lead you to buying a ticket or memorabilia or purchasing a PPV game or whatever. When things like this happen, it counteracts those efforts and certainly costs them money, even if its not in the form of massive season ticket holders selling off their tickets.

In other words: it's effective on Ari's part if you're wanting reform of the organization. To pretend otherwise is to discount the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and branding, not just social media.

sedated 09-12-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Full of fail.

What does the guy's looks have anything to do with it? People of all shapes and sizes have the right to b!tch when they are unhappy. And if you think its limited to social media, go work the phones for customer service or stand at the front desk of the post office.

And he didn't "hunt down" anyone, especially some intern - he sent a message to the official account of an NFL franchise. Its not his problem that they put some intern in charge of that. He himself works for a company smart enough to know that social media shouldn't be taken lightly, or shit like this happens.

htismaqe 09-12-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8903969)
This sort of uproar damages the Chiefs brand. This damages their wallet indirectly. Surely you guys understand that?

There's a reason that the Chiefs spend tons of money on advertising and marketing, and it's not so you read an ad and run out and buy a season ticket. It's so you read an ad and have positive associations with the Chiefs brand, which then, eventually might lead you to buying a ticket or memorabilia or purchasing a PPV game or whatever. When things like this happen, it counteracts those efforts and certainly costs them money, even if its not in the form of massive season ticket holders selling off their tickets.

In other words: it's effective on Ari's part if you're wanting reform of the organization. To pretend otherwise is to discount the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and branding, not just social media.

:bravo:

htismaqe 09-12-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8903973)
Full of fail.

What does the guy's looks have anything to do with it? People of all shapes and sizes have the right to b!tch when they are unhappy. And if you think its limited to social media, go work the phones for customer service or stand at the front desk of the post office.

And he didn't "hunt down" anyone, especially some intern - he sent a message to the official account of an NFL franchise. Its not his problem that they put some intern in charge of that. He himself works for a company smart enough to know that social media shouldn't be taken lightly, or shit like this happens.

:bravo::bravo:

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8903973)
What does the guy's looks have anything to do with it?

Because many people are reeruns and believe that in order to criticize someone, a sports franchise, a corporation, etc., that person better be an MMA fighter because shit is going down!

****ing idiots.

bevischief 09-12-2012 10:53 AM

Watch them send some of those screwed up jerseys to him to try and make up for it...

Bearcat 09-12-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

I believe there was an email posted here from someone in sales who told a CP member that it was their choice to be a fan, after they said they weren't going to buy tickets until Cassel was gone.

It's just odd there was a story about a candy wrapper, but there have been at least two occasions where people from the organization have told fans "it's your choice to buy our product." Of course, it is our choice, but between the reports of how much of a control freak Pioli is, the fact that the NFL has seen a decline in attendance in each of the past 3-4 years, and of course the Chiefs' struggles, it's pretty sad they're so clueless when it comes to dealing with upset customers.

Sure, maybe it's just a case of two people having a bad day, but that's really no excuse. It's nothing to be outraged about... it's just another sad display from an organization that somehow still thinks it's 1995 from both a product standpoint and social media/PR standpoint.

vailpass 09-12-2012 11:03 AM

Social Media Directors the world over should thank the guy that told TeeDub off. He just proved how important their roles are.

Brock 09-12-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8903969)

Look at how this team has handled media and fans the past few years. Do you see any evidence at all that they care what anybody thinks of their brand?

The product on the field is all that matters. If they were a winning team, nobody would care about any of this.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8904018)
I believe there was an email posted here from someone in sales who told a CP member that it was their choice to be a fan, after they said they weren't going to buy tickets until Cassel was gone.

It's just odd there was a story about a candy wrapper, but there have been at least two occasions where people from the organization have told fans "it's your choice to buy our product." Of course, it is our choice, but between the reports of how much of a control freak Pioli is, the fact that the NFL has seen a decline in attendance in each of the past 3-4 years, and of course the Chiefs' struggles, it's pretty sad they're so clueless when it comes to dealing with upset customers.

Sure, maybe it's just a case of two people having a bad day, but that's really no excuse. It's nothing to be outraged about... it's just another sad display from an organization that somehow still thinks it's 1995 from both a product standpoint and social media/PR standpoint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903949)
What alternative are you going to give people when it's 10 degrees outside on Sunday?

This tells me the Chiefs KNOW they have upper hand and don’t need to change. They can continue to piss on the fans and yet fans will continue to show up in droves because well, its KC…theres nothing else better to do.

ghak99 09-12-2012 11:10 AM

OK... which one of you made the Clark is so tight if you shoved coal up his ass it would turn to diamonds comment?

LMAO

NewChief 09-12-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8904041)
Look at how this team has handled media and fans the past few years. Do you see any evidence at all that they care what anybody thinks of their brand?

The product on the field is all that matters. If they were a winning team, nobody would care about any of this.

I definitely agree with this, but I think that getting a widespread message that they're under the cap consistently out to fans doesn't help their brand much. You're right, though, in that if they win, no one gives a shit how far under the cap they are. Hell, if they win, everyone would be talking about what a genius Pioli is for developing inhouse talent, finding bargains, and not overpaying for players.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8904057)
I definitely agree with this, but I think that getting a widespread message that they're under the cap consistently out to fans doesn't help their brand much. You're right, though, in that if they win, no one gives a shit how far under the cap they are. Hell, if they win, everyone would be talking about what a genius Pioli is for developing inhouse talent, finding bargains, and not overpaying for players.

The problem is, they haven't won a meaningful game since January 1994 which is a long time in the sports world.

The Chiefs shouldn't think they have something to hang their hat on, as it were.

Trotting out a subpar team for two decades show serious signs of incompetence, especially in a sport designed for competitive balance, both on the field and from a financial standpoint.

htismaqe 09-12-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8904044)
This tells me the Chiefs KNOW they have upper hand and don’t need to change. They can continue to piss on the fans and yet fans will continue to show up in droves because well, its KC…theres nothing else better to do.

Yep.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Duh. Any and every critical thinker know this as fact,which is why the Chiefs can continue to manipulate their fans into believing they're actually doing something in the offseason when in reality, they're not doing nearly enough to bring home a Super Bowl.

It's a Shell Game.

Bearcat 09-12-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Yeah... but, it is slowly changing now that it's been two decades since they won a playoff game. And even if it's not a substitute for football, Sporting KC is showing people how an organization should be run. That kind of arrogance usually catches up to a company, except in this case they're the only game in town and they could eventually move if things got really bad.... so yeah, they know they have the fans by the balls.

But, like I said, I do think it's slowly changing... Arrowhead is rarely at the same level as it was 10-15 years ago, more long-term season ticket holders have finally given up their tickets... I've been going to games for free or at least 50% off for the past several years, and it's almost always in the lower level. But, that doesn't mean they won't continue to make a shitload of money for years to come and fans won't flock back the moment they show signs of improving... hell, I would have been tempted to buy season tickets had Peyton Manning or a franchise QB come to town.

Thig Lyfe 09-12-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Will I get in trouble if I post this 20 times?

L.A. Chieffan 09-12-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 8904180)
Will I get in trouble if I post this 20 times?

Id enjoy it

Rausch 09-12-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903958)
LMAO

Okay, go ahead and get 80,000 people (probably more like 120,000+) to NOT attend a Chiefs game this season.

Ready, set, go!

http://chiefscommand.com/wp-content/...rence_10_6.jpg

HemiEd 09-12-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903958)
LMAO

Ready, set, go!

It took a while, but it did happen and that was before the internet and all this social media communication. In the late 70s and most of the 80s, there was usually more empty seats than full ones.

It should be much easier now for the fans to get united.

htismaqe 09-12-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8904643)
It took a while, but it did happen and that was before the internet and all this social media communication. In the late 70s and most of the 80s, there was usually more empty seats than full ones.

It should be much easier now for the fans to get united.

I think they could make money now, given the TV revenue...

HemiEd 09-12-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8904645)
I think they could make money now, given the TV revenue...

You make a good point, they could lay off most of the stadium help.

Iowanian 09-12-2012 02:08 PM

http://i.imgur.com/0aMNt.gif
"I'm not saying Matt Cassel sucks....but he sucks...woah, a completion."

Iowanian 09-12-2012 02:09 PM

http://i.imgur.com/0aMNt.gif

"I'm not saying Clark Hunt and Pioli suck, but Linda Lovelace was like woah, nice no gag reflex"