ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

Mecca 11-22-2007 03:34 AM

Knobbs will be limping around Hogans house again...

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-22-2007 03:37 AM

One of the worst tag teams ever. Why the fuck did they even get a try out? :shake:

Mecca 11-22-2007 03:39 AM

Because it was Florida where they live, they were probably doing it as a favor not with the idea of signing them and then they went and did that....

Mecca 11-22-2007 03:40 AM

Also there will never be a wrestling show in Georgia ever again...

Read the funniest thing ever, the proposed wrestling rules from the Georgia Athletic and Entertainment Commission. It was the weirdest thing you ever saw, this strange mix of work and shoot, and it made for fabulous reading. The money issues are going to really hurt the indies in the area. Promoters must get licensed; provide a $10,000 security bond; notify the commission of the time, date and location of an event at least ten days in advance; pay the 5% of gross revenue within ten days of the conclusion of the event; and have a physician at ringside, an ambulance and 2 EMTs on hand.

As far as rules, "Wrestlers MAY NOT deliberately cut themselves and all wrestlers must be over (18) years of age"; "No one under the age of 18 is allowed in any area of the venue other than their seat except when accompanied by a guardian"; they must pay $100 for a commission representative to be present (!!!); they have to announce changes to the advertised card before the show starts and offer refunds; wrestlers can not physically or verbally threaten any member of the audience. There were all sorts of rules about what guys can and cannot wear. Your gear must be clean. I'd have been kicked out Chikara Sunday. You may wear 2 pairs of trunks one over the other.

No grease, lotion or foreign substances on the body. Female wrestlers must wear trunks and a top. "The inspector present at the event may disallow the use of inappropriate attire or disqualify a wrestling participant for the lack of appropriate attire." YOU MUST HAVE REAL GEAR. You also must have your fingernails trimmed close. There are lots of instructions about the barriers required. It's like God giving Noah the blueprints for the ark. And then we get to the fun stuff, a legitimate RULEBOOK OF WRESTLING. Matches have a maximum 60 minute time limit. A wrestling contest shall be determined by one fall or best of three falls. "A fall is scored by a wrestler when the wrestler’s opponent has both shoulders touching the mat for a count of three (3) seconds. The referee shall signal the wrestler scoring a fall by immediately slapping the mat." Someone clearly got confused when writing these rules. A two minute rest period is allowed between falls.

Also, it's now a TEN COUNT in Georgia for breaking a hold, not five. That's extreme. You can't inhibit breathing by covering the nose and mouth at the same time. "Unsportsmanlike or physically dangerous conduct" -- not allowed. If you keep it up, you must be disqualified. No blading, but you may use blood capsules. Seriously. "If a wrestler refuses or is physically unable to continue a match, the match shall be ended and the decision awarded to the wrestler’s opponent." Ever wondered what a tag match is? Well, it's "a contest between two (2) teams each composed of two (2) or more wrestlers." Let's get more specific: "A tag team contest shall be conducted as follows: The contest shall begin with one (1) wrestler from each team inside the ring while the respective partners remain outside the ring on the apron; The wrestler(s) outside the ring may not enter the ring unless a fall is scored or his/her partner has tagged his/her hand; In order to be eligible to receive a tag, the wrestler’s partner shall be outside the ring on the apron in the proper corner with both feet on the ring apron and only receive the tag over the top ring rope;

When the tag is made, the wrestler making the tag shall leave the ring as the partner enters the ring; Only two (2) wrestlers from opposing teams shall be permitted to be in the ring at any one (1) time; After the scoring of a fall a wrestler may relieve the partner; If a wrestler is unable to continue; the wrestler’s partner shall continue the contest alone; The referee may call time after an injury to permit the injured wrestler to be removed from the ring; and Release the rope provided in the team corner until officially tagged by the partner."

I am not making any of this up. A wrestler may have a second accompany him to the ring, but if the second interferes he can be ejected. Refs must be properly attired within 30 minutes of bell time and must "enforce the regulations of the commission".

That's from F4W

Ultra Peanut 11-23-2007 04:58 AM

There's a 35% off sale for ROH's store today.

http://rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=1549

HolmeZz 11-26-2007 09:04 PM

KYJ :D

HolmeZz 11-26-2007 09:15 PM

WTFnewfinisher

reverse backcrack3r"D

HolmeZz 11-26-2007 09:17 PM

THE CODEBREAKER

Ultra Peanut 11-27-2007 04:36 AM

San Luis Obispo-Jericho was amazing.

keg in kc 11-27-2007 09:55 PM

Thought you'd get a kick out of this:

http://media.video.ign.com/ev/sv.htm...ject_ID=882478

Mr. Nenenee getting his ass handed to him by an IGN dweeb.

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 07:03 PM

Oh, TNA. You lovable (not really) reeruns.

http://i7.tinypic.com/8egdi0y.jpg

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 07:13 PM

Holy shit, Slick Johnson's back!

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 07:22 PM

Is a ref bump really necessary in a table match?

Jesus, that was lame.

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 07:28 PM

Hall isn't here yet! Joe and Nash need a third member!

Maybe it's... HULK HOGAN?!?!?

OH MY GOD HULK HOGAN HAS TURNED HIS BACK ON THE FANS! HE'S LEGDROPPED JOE AND NOW HALL AND NASH AND ANGLE ARE HUGGING ONE ANOTHER!

Hogan: "STICK IT!"

The HogAngle Coalition, or hAc, HAS BEEN BORN!

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 07:30 PM

Oh, awesome. The newly re-named <strike>stripper</strike> "knockout" is shaking her ass while Don West imitates Lawler and taunts us about his propensity to NEVER EVER ****ING SHUT UP.

**** 'em up ODB, **** 'em up!

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 08:01 PM

Penzer's voice just broke.

Kip James looks even more ridiculous than usual.

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 08:12 PM

Hahahahaha, the contents of the cases aren't revealed until iMPACT!. Once again, a case of Russo using PPV to build for TV shows. God knows the 20,000 people watching this shitfest are totally going to boost those ratings up to previously unheard of heights (say, 1.2)!

So you've got a match that has no reason to exist, with wrestlers who are basically acting indecisive and confused the whole time, and instead of some big payoff, it just sort of ends. Genius. I can't believe their buyrates are pathetic.

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 08:17 PM

On the bright side, here comes KONG.

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 08:26 PM

MAKE HER HUMBLE

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 08:32 PM

HELL YES KILL HIM KONG KILL HIM

Awesome (ho ho) ****ing match. Great story, nice action, Kong is amazing (ho ho), Gail is a wonderful plucky face, and Andrew Thomas has been murdered. DQ finish or not, it's all good.

Now she's destroying the strippers. "Bitch, **** your steel chair!"

And back to mauling Gail until security mobs her.

That was glorious.

keg in kc 12-02-2007 08:33 PM

I think Gail Kim is the only woman I'd consider marrying at this point.

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 08:42 PM

Kong is the only woman I'd consider marrying at this point, and I wouldn't even have to be coerced.

Wait, wasn't Raven a heel like two weeks ago?

keg in kc 12-02-2007 08:51 PM

I didn't even know raven had been on the air in the last two months, much less weeks.

I've tried watching Impact the last two weeks, but that show's just a clusterfuck. I didn't think it could be worse than it at a single hour.

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 08:57 PM

Basically, take everything bad about a one-hour iMPACT!. Make it even longer. Ta-da!

A one-hour iMPACT! was basically, "Ha ha, you so crazy." A two-hour iMPACT! is pretty much interminable.

BigRock 12-02-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut

Since there's not a smiley that puts a gun to it's head and pulls the trigger, I'll just opt for:

:shake:

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can we upload this to the Planet server and name it :TNA:?

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 09:20 PM

LA MAGISTRAL CRADLE

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 09:40 PM

This is a worked shoot, brother!

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 09:43 PM

Oh god ****ing damnit, Eric Young is the third man.

Jesus Christ. And it was a good promo, too. :sulk:

How is Angle/AJ/Tomko vs. Joe/Nash/ERIC YOUNG for ~15 minutes anything more than a so-so iMPACT! main event?

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2007 09:53 PM

Well of course the Musclebuster put Tomko out! He just had back surgery!

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2007 09:13 PM

"Thanks for coming, by the way." LMAO

I wish they'd gotten the, um, original Fake Razor/Diesel to come out, though. And yes, by that I mean they should have had Kane wander out looking confused when Big Daddy Cool's music hit.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-03-2007 09:15 PM

ROFL @ tadpole splash.

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2007 10:40 PM

That was a really good Raw (Fake Fake Razor's amazing personality, Lionsault, APA!!!!!!!!, continued build/intertwining of two top feuds), and an atrocious crowd. I think the guy with the "Randy Orton sucks! HBK rule!" sign was the smartest, most lively person there.

I will never, eh-eh-eh-evvvvvvvvvvvvvvver, go to North Charleston. Agayn.

Ultra Peanut 12-04-2007 08:51 AM

Quote:

-At an all-talent meeting today, Terry Taylor brought everyone's contract with him. Dixie Carter said that if anyone was upset and unhappy with their job in TNA, they would be willing to void their contract on the spot. Senshi took them up on the offer. (Senshi also happened to be one of the people who grabbed a brief case in the "Feast or Fire" match.)
This doesn't sound familiar AT ALL!

Ultra Peanut 12-06-2007 08:05 PM

I'm less interested in the shows tonight than the ratings.

That being said, iMPACT's spoilers are ****ing appalling. At least ECW just looks boring.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-06-2007 08:06 PM

So I'm just starting to watch wrestling again for the first time in a couple of years. Comcast rewarded me today with USA in HD. So, HD IS JERICHO!!!

Ultra Peanut 12-06-2007 08:10 PM

Actually, not yet. WWE's not switching until next year, at the earliest.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-06-2007 08:12 PM

Dayum. That kinda sucks I can watch reruns of House in HD but not WWE. Oh well.

Ultra Peanut 12-06-2007 11:50 PM

Holy crap, iMPACT! was actually... not horrible?

I mean, it was stupid, but just regular stupid. Not TNA stupid. The ladder match FOR POSSESSION OF THE BELT and the "Bye Low-Ki" matches were really underwhelming thanks to commercial breaks and cuts, but the main event was pretty nice and we got plenty of decent Christian and Angle (and AJ) stuff.

Ultra Peanut 12-07-2007 09:26 PM

TNA iMPACT!: 1.1
ECW on Sci-Fi: 0.6

Holy ****ing shit, they kept their 1.1. I guess that pretty much confirms that TNA has an audience that will watch no matter what, though it doesn't really say much for their ability to draw in (much less keep) NEW viewers. Still, TNA has to consider that a win, even if ECW was on a different night with a pretty crappy looking main event/card.

ECW as a show was good, but then, I didn't actually pay attention to Mizzark shitting up the ring.

Mecca 12-08-2007 05:14 AM

It also shows that the WWE 3rd brand doesn't draw well when it isn't promoted at all.

Ultra Peanut 12-08-2007 08:33 PM

Well, yeah. The main thing I was curious about was whether the C-show on a different night with no effort placed into it whatsoever would be able to decimate the numbers for iMPACT, but shockingly enough, iMPACT! seemed to stay exactly the same.

On another subject, Smackdown was pretty fun. Batista's spear on Burke was hellacious and they made Burke look legit even as he was squashed by the world champion, then the MVP-Hayes segment was phenomenal.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-09-2007 07:54 PM

So,

I finally burned the 3 Disc set of the ladder match from my HD. I sat down and watched the 4-way ladder match from Armageddon last year. That ladder shot to Joey Mercury was repulsive. His face just exploded.

That sumbitch is lucky he's still alive for his next overdose.

Ultra Peanut 12-09-2007 08:05 PM

It's unbelievable how much blood came out of his head in such a short period of time.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-09-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
It's unbelievable how much blood came out of his head in such a short period of time.

I almost barfed. That destroyed the Muta Scale. His face just detonated. I was surprised they replayed it so many times.

FAX 12-09-2007 08:34 PM

Okay. I'm going to start posting in this rasslin' thread. The Chiefs are a joke and I need another sport to like.

I don't know anything about rasslin', though, and I need somebody to root for. Who is good? When do they rassle next?

FAX

Mecca 12-09-2007 08:37 PM

FAX is gonna try to get educated about wrestling...this should be interesting...

FAX 12-09-2007 08:43 PM

So, who's the best rassler, Mr. Mecca? I want to cheer for the best guy. But, it needs to be a character guy. I don't want to root for low character rasslin' guy.

FAX

dirk digler 12-09-2007 08:44 PM

Anybody but Randy Orton...

how about Shawn Michaels he is cool or Ric Flair or Chris Jericho

Mecca 12-09-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
So, who's the best rassler, Mr. Mecca? I want to cheer for the best guy. But, it needs to be a character guy. I don't want to root for low character rasslin' guy.

FAX

As far as what......there's different stands for being good in wrestling. There's guys who can talk well and have great characters, other guys are great in the ring, different tastes so to speak.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-09-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Okay. I'm going to start posting in this rasslin' thread. The Chiefs are a joke and I need another sport to like.

I don't know anything about rasslin', though, and I need somebody to root for. Who is good? When do they rassle next?

FAX

Given your devotion to the Chiefs, I think you'd be fond of the Brooklyn Brawler.

Mecca 12-09-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
Anybody but Randy Orton...

how about Shawn Michaels he is cool or Ric Flair or Chris Jericho

You love Orton cause he's from St Louis stop lyin...

Mecca 12-09-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
Given your devotion to the Chiefs, I think you'd be fond of the Brooklyn Brawler.

Ok this just made me laugh really hard.

dirk digler 12-09-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
You love Orton cause he's from St Louis stop lyin...

That is just another reason to hate that prick

FAX 12-09-2007 08:53 PM

Alright, this is getting us nowhere.

Let's start here. Who is the current rasslin' champion? How often to they rassle? Who decides who gets to rassle who? When a rassler beats another rassler, does the rassler that got beat get to rassle the winning rassler again later?

FAX

Mecca 12-09-2007 08:55 PM

Here's a vid of Shawn Michaels.....it gets more recent as it goes on..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WRUJi0jMqgQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WRUJi0jMqgQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

dirk digler 12-09-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Alright, this is getting us nowhere.

Let's start here. Who is the current rasslin' champion? How often to they rassle? Who decides who gets to rassle who? When a rassler beats another rassler, does the rassler that got beat get to rassle the winning rassler again later?

FAX

Depends on the company. WWE and TNA are the top 2.

WWE champion is Randy Orton. I don't watch TNA so I have no idea.

They wrestle several times a week.
For the WWE it is probably Vince McMahon and the writers that decide who wins and loses and probably Triple H has a huge influence in that as well.
Yes.

Sfeihc 12-09-2007 08:58 PM

Mr. FAX, I've got the tag team for you. Jesse and Festvus. They're on ECW(10 pm ET Tuesdays Sci Fi Network) and Smackdown (8pm ET Fridays the CW).

Mecca 12-09-2007 08:59 PM

WWE airs shows on Monday, Tuesday and Fridays.......TNA runs on Thursday....

Raw, Smackdown and ECW are all WWE shows.

Mecca 12-09-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc
Mr. FAX, I've got the tag team for you. Jesse and Festvus. They're on ECW(10 pm ET Tuesdays Sci Fi Network) and Smackdown (8pm ET Fridays the CW).

I don't like those guys........

I like John Morrison....my wrestling taste is far from people like Jesse and Festus.

Sfeihc 12-09-2007 09:08 PM

Jeese and Festvus are corny wrestling fun.

Johnny Nitro is the shaman of steriods. LOL.

FAX 12-09-2007 09:13 PM

I like the name Festvus. Does he rassle only in tag teams? Or does he ever rassle solo? Why are there two rasslin companies? Is one rasslin' company better than the other? Do they ever compete against each other like a rasslin' super bowl?

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-09-2007 09:14 PM

I actually like Orton.

Mecca 12-09-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I like the name Festvus. Does he rassle only in tag teams? Or does he ever rassle solo? Why are there two rasslin companies? Is one rasslin' company better than the other? Do they ever compete against each other like a rasslin' super bowl?

FAX

The WWE is far better than TNA........they try to compete but they are so far behind the WWE doesn't even acknowledge them. Think NFL-USFL.

Mecca 12-09-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

I actually like Orton.

You are a fan of bad tattoos.

dirk digler 12-09-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

I actually like Orton.

BOOOOOOOOOOO

FAX 12-09-2007 09:19 PM

Ah. So I like the WWE. Is there a high character guy who rassles his ass off with them?

FAX

dirk digler 12-09-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Ah. So I like the WWE. Is there a high character guy who rassles his ass off with them?

FAX

Shawn Michaels
Jeff Hardy

or

Hornswaggle

Mecca 12-09-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX

That's probably John Cena but he's injured and won't be back till sometime around March.

Mecca 12-09-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Shawn Michaels
Jeff Hardy

or

Hornswaggle

The Rainbow Warrior is high character? Really the guy who they fired for smoking meth?

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-09-2007 09:23 PM

I'm a fan of evil pricks who have no respect for anyone around them.

Mr. FAX, watch this clip of Randy Orton pwning John Cena's dad.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4spllcZctCY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4spllcZctCY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mecca 12-09-2007 09:25 PM

I like to picture that as Carl Peterson taking the kick.

dirk digler 12-09-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
The Rainbow Warrior is high character? Really the guy who they fired for smoking meth?

Yeah I didn't know anything about that.

Jeff is great wrestler though and maybe he has cleaned up his act?

Mecca 12-09-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Yeah I didn't know anything about that.

Jeff is great wrestler though and maybe he has cleaned up his act?

Well when he was gone for 2 years working in TNA he got fired for refusing to go to rehab..the same reason Kurt Angle got fired.

Jeff supposedly cleaned up his act but when he was gone for the month of August it was due to violating the wellness policy..I'm not sure what he tested positive for however.

FAX 12-09-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

I'm a fan of evil pricks who have no respect for anyone around them.

Mr. FAX, watch this clip of Randy Orton pwning John Cena's dad.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4spllcZctCY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4spllcZctCY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I like his spirit, but he doesn't seem to be a high character guy, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. I mean, he kicked that old guy in the liver.

What about Hornswaggle? With a name like Hornswaggle, he's bound to be good.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-09-2007 09:30 PM

Mr. FAX...he's a lady killer, though:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hc55YFzhOPI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hc55YFzhOPI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sfeihc 12-09-2007 09:30 PM

FAX, a good "badguy" you might like is Santino Marella on RAW(9pm ET Monday). Good on the mic but is a mid-card wrestling talent.

In fact you should tune in this Monday because it's the 15th anniversary of RAW. Maybe The Rock will cut a promo?

Mecca 12-09-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I like his spirit, but he doesn't seem to be a high character guy, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. I mean, he kicked that old guy in the liver.

FAX

Hornswaggle is a midget....

dirk digler 12-09-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX

You would like Hornswaggle he is a leprechaun.

FAX 12-09-2007 09:32 PM

What is RAW? Is Santino Marella a Mexican or Italian (I'm not cheering for any Italian rasslers)? Will Hornswaggle be on RAW?

FAX