ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Sell me on Mike Glennon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267830)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-20-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9333718)
This fanbase has a sick fascination with finding the best bargain instead of the best player. Why use the #1 on a QB when a Drew Brees in the 2nd round happens once a decade, or a Russel Wilson (if he doesn't fall off) or a Joe Montana in the 3rd. We're due our Tom Brady, damn it. It happens all the time to other franchises (of course it doesn't...) so if we just keep trying with these projects, eventually we'll hit our home run. That's why they always fall in love with guys like Croyle or Stanzi. Maybe that's finally our guy! Gotta keep drafting those offensive linemen, so we can keep on running the ball, and we'll have great protection when our middle round quarterback savior finally arrives, or when we finally land that next great costoff backup from whatever flavor of the month team we're emulating. God forbid we use the highest pick we may ever have on the most important position. Find a bargain instead. Or even better trade it for some value!

I remember people saying we couldn't select Ryan at our pick if available cause we had to give Croyle a chance ROFL We have the number one pick and can have any QB we want, but they would rather wait and take the 4th or 5th ranked guy. It's disturbing and disgusts me.

Saccopoo 01-20-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9334242)
Bray's ceiling is Matt Stafford with Drew Brees' decision making.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1821273_o.gif

Dave Lane 01-20-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9333905)

Not enough neck.

Rausch 01-20-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9333858)
So Smith is suppose to be like Aaron Rodgers. Wilson is suppose to be Favre.

No and no.

What caged monkey is throwing that $3it up on the wall?...

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9334884)
No and no.

What caged monkey is throwing that $3it up on the wall?...

What are YOUR comparisons?

Because I am certain everyone will agree with those...

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-22-2013 01:31 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...1-91b57c59c900

Mr_Tomahawk 01-22-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9341645)

Oh. My. God.

Dat neck!

Where is the Tyler Wilson one...?

RealSNR 01-22-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9341645)

"I'm not brilliant by any means."

Guy sounds pretty dumb in interview, but maybe it's just the vacant expression that's always on his face. You look in his eyes and you don't see a divine spark or anything. He doesn't appear to be thinking about anything ever.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 01:52 PM

Mike Glennon has bust written all over him.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Glennon is a poor man's Matt Ryan. Bray's ceiling is Matt Stafford with Drew Brees' decision making.

Those are some big comparisons for Bray imo. LMAO

mcaj22 01-22-2013 02:11 PM

Not Josh Looney absolutely sucks at being not josh looney

ChiefsCountry 01-22-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9341713)

http://estrip.org/content/users/paul...uffalo0502.jpg

Tribal Warfare 01-22-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9341752)
Those are some big comparisons for Bray imo. LMAO

If Bray gets his shit together his ceiling is Marino, if he stays the same and ****s off he'll be Mallett.

Sorter 01-22-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Glennon is a poor man's Matt Ryan. Bray's ceiling is Matt Stafford with Drew Brees' decision making.

Glennon's throwing motion and decision making isn't even close to Ryan's.

Bray has a similar motion/release point to Stafford and Cutler but hoping he's got Brees' decision making is beyond optimistic IMO.

RunKC 01-22-2013 02:23 PM

Glennon has all the tools to be a good QB. It's his Blaine Gabbert-like nervousness in the pocket that has me worried about him.

RunKC 01-22-2013 02:30 PM

"Mike Glennon of North Carolina St. is clearly the best quarterback at the game this year in my opinion, at least so far. Now Glennon wasn’t perfect but the positives far outweighed the negatives and he’s an easy guy to fall in love with. I think Ryan Nassib of Syracuse was better than any of the quarterbacks that I saw from the South team yesterday too."

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...-Bowl-Blog.php

Sorter 01-22-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9341800)
Glennon has all the tools to be a good QB. It's his Blaine Gabbert-like nervousness in the pocket that has me worried about him.

He seemed like he had a slow throwing motion to me in his bowl game but that is the only game I've watched live.

I don't hate the guy but when Geno and Wilson are still on the board, it doesn't make sense to me to take that guy.

RunKC 01-22-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9341852)
He seemed like he had a slow throwing motion to me in his bowl game but that is the only game I've watched live.

I don't hate the guy but when Geno and Wilson are still on the board, it doesn't make sense to me to take that guy.

That's true, but right now he's looking far better than Wilson at the Senior Bowl according to the tweets and NFL Network.

He seems to be the QB that will rise the most after the Senior Bowl. I think he'll be a top 10 pick.

Sorter 01-22-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9341895)
That's true, but right now he's looking far better than Wilson at the Senior Bowl according to the tweets and NFL Network.

He seems to be the QB that will rise the most after the Senior Bowl. I think he'll be a top 10 pick.

I think he's a definite 1st rounder and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the top 15 given the QB needy teams.

I'll wait until Nightfyre posts his thoughts before I really examine the SR Bowl reviews.

Ace Gunner 01-22-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9341713)

http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/ph...bc3694fcd4.jpg:D

ChiefsCountry 01-22-2013 02:49 PM

Barkley, Geno, Wilson and Glennon will all go top 10.

Tribal Warfare 01-22-2013 02:51 PM

Mayock: I've been disappointed what I've seen in Glennon in person.

Ace Gunner 01-22-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9341929)

really? this would surprise me.

jd1020 01-22-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9341939)
Mayock: I've been disappointed what I've seen in Glennon in person.

Mayock is pissed off the Glennon's agent is paying him like Kiper. He wants a raise.

Exoter175 01-22-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9341797)
If Bray gets his shit together his ceiling is Marino, if he stays the same and ****s off he'll be Mallett.

Did you really just compare Bray to Mallet in a negative way?

Mallet, the guy sitting behind Tom Brady, the best quarterback to ever play the game.......

Luck would sit behind Brady, RG3 would sit in his wheelchair behind Brady, as would Geno, as would (arguably) every QB in this league.

Mallett has got all the physical tools to be something special, and he gets to hold the clipboard for the greatest QB to ever play.

Yeah, nothing about Bray and his uncertain future reminds me of how GOOD Mallet has it right now, and how GOOD Mallet might actually be going forward.

In my opinion, you basically lose all credibility as a poster when you try to compare someone in a negative fashion, to a QB of equal or greater talent, sitting on the bench behind the GOAT.

I realize you're grasping at straws, but there's about 75 QB's you can compare Bray to, that have taken a snap since Mallet was drafted, and you choose the one guy who is given the most glorious seat in the house, to negative portray the comparison?

So dumb.

Exoter175 01-22-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

No, they won't.

Tribal Warfare 01-22-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9341969)

M.

Mallett is a coke head reerun, and a proverbial choker too.

Exoter175 01-22-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9341982)

According to what?

His 2nd string status behind Tom Brady?

And what is so proverbial about him doing that?

Tribal Warfare 01-22-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9341987)
According to what?

His 2nd string status behind Tom Brady?

And what is so proverbial about him doing that?

His play at Arkansas, and the knowledge of him being as dumbass party boy is well known.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Mallett has got all the physical tools to be something special, and he gets to hold the clipboard for the greatest QB to ever play.

Ryan Mallett is a never-will-be.

ROFL

RunKC 01-22-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9341982)

That's true, but people change. I mean, I know I was a bit of a party guy when I was in college.

Dan Marino changed. He's in the best place possible for him to learn discipline. I think he has a lot of potential after sitting on the bench for a few years.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9342077)
That's true, but people change. I mean, I know I was a bit of a party guy when I was in college.

Dan Marino changed. He's in the best place possible for him to learn discipline. I think he has a lot of potential after sitting on the bench for a few years.

Even if he fixed his attitude problems, nothing is going to fix his "slower than Drew Bledsoe" feet...

I don't get Chiefs fans' obsession with lost causes...

Exoter175 01-22-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9341993)
His play at Arkansas, and the knowledge of him being as dumbass party boy is well known.

So his play in college translates 100% to the NFL? Great, lets not draft a QB and start Stanzi, he's only 3-0 in bowl games with a great career record and numbers in a very tough conference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9342056)
Ryan Mallett is a never-will-be.

ROFL

I think the Pats will disagree with you on that one, thus why they moved to get him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9342077)

Precisely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9342145)
Even if he fixed his attitude problems, nothing is going to fix his "slower than Drew Bledsoe" feet...

Drew Bledsoe played himself into a super bowl as a starting QB with his slow feet. Mallet is WAY faster. Vinny Testaverde and his slow feet and slow everything has been in the playoffs a few times, didn't really stop him from getting there.

Point is, you'd have to be an idiot to think there is anything negative about the Mallet situation right now. Aaron Rodgers sat behind Favre and took over the reins when he was done. I believe the Pats have their guy when Brady is gone, and like any "follow up" to one of the greats, Mallet will never have the "luster" that Brady had. Won't stop that team from being a perennial playoff team. Which is more than we can say.

Tom_A_Hawk 01-22-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

the only way that happens is if the Chiefs use the # 1 pick or make a trade and receive a 1st round pick in the top 10

htismaqe 01-22-2013 04:24 PM

Ryan Mallett SUCKS.

Plain and simple.

RunKC 01-22-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9342222)
Ryan Mallett SUCKS.

Plain and simple.

Lol not sure what you have against the guy. He's got a huge ceiling.

O.city 01-22-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9342283)

So did Ryan leaf

Anyong Bluth 01-22-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Mallet, the guy sitting behind Tom Brady, the best quarterback to ever play the game.......

Luck would sit behind Brady, RG3 would sit in his wheelchair behind Brady, as would Geno, as would (arguably) every QB in this league.

Yeah, nothing about Bray and his uncertain future reminds me of how GOOD Mallet has it right now, and how GOOD Mallet might actually be going forward.

In my opinion, you basically lose all credibility as a poster when you try to compare someone in a negative fashion, to a QB of equal or greater talent, sitting on the bench behind the GOAT.

I realize you're grasping at straws, but there's about 75 QB's you can compare Bray to, that have taken a snap since Mallet was drafted, and you choose the one guy who is given the most glorious seat in the house, to negative portray the comparison?

So dumb.

I'm not saying he is a shit QB and maybe he has all the tools to become a quality QB or even better, but as of now that's all just bullshit speculation. Which is why I find it funny you slam anyone else's take on Mallet when your only ammo is just more speculation about a guy that's accomplished as much as Stanzi in the NFL.

And ya the guys an off field red flag and I don't think anyone is going to confuse his training and study regimen with Payton Manning. I'm glad he's kept his nose clean so far, but its hardly the case that he is or should be considered a can't miss heir apparent in waiting for Brady

Tribal Warfare 01-22-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9342178)
So his play in college translates 100% to the NFL? Great, lets not draft a QB and start Stanzi, he's only 3-0 in bowl games with a great career record and numbers in a very tough conference.

The guy is a choker period, the guy has million dollar talent but a 10 cent brain.

HotCarl 01-22-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9342145)

Kreig? DeBerg? Green? There are no lost QB causes. A solid veteran hand of leadership is what this team needs.

Nightfyre 01-22-2013 05:48 PM

All those QBs have something in common: They never took us to the promised land. Troll.

What's with the influx of mults lately. I thought creating mults was a bannable offense? We need some enforcement. This place is getting thrashed.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9342328)
All those QBs have something in common: They never took us to the promised land. Troll.

What's with the influx of mults lately. I thought creating mults was a bannable offense? We need some enforcement. This place is getting thrashed.

Eagle fans, Blackbob, and Knowmo are most of them.

Hammock Parties 01-22-2013 06:11 PM

omigarrrrrrrrrrsh

Quote:

If there was a winner from the quarterbacks group on the day for the North squad it would have to be Mike Glennon. He threw three perfect fly routes that all went for TD’s (Two in 7 on 7 and one in team drills). They were right on the money and perfectly timed throws.

KCUnited 01-22-2013 06:13 PM

Benjamin Allbright from Draftmonsters.com was on 610 reporting from the Senior Bowl, said he was concerned with how thin Glennon is, adding he would likely need to put on 15/20 lbs. He said Glennon looked good with a clean pocket, but his passes became wobbly when forced to move his feet.

Anyong Bluth 01-22-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9342413)
Benjamin Allbright from Draftmonsters.com was on 610 reporting from the Senior Bowl, said he was concerned with how thin Glennon is, adding he would likely need to put on 15/20 lbs. He said Glennon looked good with a clean pocket, but his passes became wobbly when forced to move his feet.

That alone scares me. This is the NFL and the speed dictates intelligence and anticipation. There's already been talk that he can freeze up and get flustered if he is feeling pressure. You just can't rely on saying you're comfortable with a guy that can't create when protection breaks down. A lot of guys can look all world in 7 on 7 - which is basically the same as a clean pocket.

Hammock Parties 01-22-2013 07:48 PM

He's a 6-5 Brokie Croyle.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/M...5xKm0Dgl-l.jpg

RealSNR 01-22-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9342283)

Don't ****ing care. He's another team's backup. Drafted, coached, and played by them, and ready to be wrapped up in a bow and sold for a profit to some dumbshit team like the Chiefs.

It's time to end that cycle. I'm sick of being the sucker who pays off another team's investment. That shit ends right now.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-22-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9342735)

That's scary as shit!

http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoess...scots/noid.jpg

RealSNR 01-22-2013 09:25 PM

I'm avoiding the shit out of THIS noid.

RunKC 01-22-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9343149)
Don't ****ing care. He's another team's backup. Drafted, coached, and played by them, and ready to be wrapped up in a bow and sold for a profit to some dumbshit team like the Chiefs.

It's time to end that cycle. I'm sick of being the sucker who pays off another team's investment. That shit ends right now.

He was considered by many to be a 1st round talent. Some thought he was the best QB in the draft, like Belichick.

He's not Matt Cassel at all. LMAO

Rumors are the Browns are going to get him. I think that would be a great trade for them.

O.city 01-22-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9343178)
He was considered by many to be a 1st round talent. Some thought he was the best QB in the draft, like Belichick.

Rumors are the Browns are going to get him. I think that would be a great trade for them.

That was squashed by the Browns today.

Curious to know why you think he's changed?

People like to throw around the "Marino did it" mantra, but for 1 Marino, there are 1000 examples of guys not changing.

RealSNR 01-22-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9343178)

I didn't say he was Matt Cassel. That doesn't mean I give a rat's ass about him.

I'm still waiting for a successful backup from another team to get traded to a team as a potential franchise QB who wins Super Bowls. I've never ****ing seen that happen. And I doubt Mallett's going to change that. He's not exactly Russell Wilson with everything but size. He's got all that, but he's also a smelly shitass who freezes in the pocket.

Even Matt Schaub recently has shown that he can't be anything more than a game manager. If Houston wants to win anything REAL coming up, they should strongly consider drafting a QB that might fall to their spot in the first round. Worth the shot.

RunKC 01-22-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9343191)
I didn't say he was Matt Cassel. That doesn't mean I give a rat's ass about him.

I'm still waiting for a successful backup from another team to get traded to a team as a potential franchise QB who wins Super Bowls. I've never ****ing seen that happen. And I doubt Mallett's going to change that. He's not exactly Russell Wilson with everything but size. He's got all that, but he's also a smelly shitass who freezes in the pocket.

Even Matt Schaub recently has shown that he can't be anything more than a game manager. If Houston wants to win anything REAL coming up, they should strongly consider drafting a QB that might fall to their spot in the first round. Worth the shot.

Drew Brees count? Chargers chose Rivers over him, but he wasn't exactly a back up.

RealSNR 01-22-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9343201)
Drew Brees count? Chargers chose Rivers over him, but he wasn't exactly a back up.

Brees wasn't a trade.

Hammock Parties 01-22-2013 09:48 PM

Can you imagine what the haters would say if Geno was a beanpole?

LOCOChief 01-22-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9343191)
I'm still waiting for a successful backup from another team to get traded to a team as a potential franchise QB who wins Super Bowls. I've never ****ing seen that happen.

Len Dawson.

BossChief 01-22-2013 09:52 PM

Brett Favre, buddy.

RealSNR 01-22-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9343201)

Matt Hasselbeck WOULD count had he won. I will count that as a successful attempt, though. Seahawks certainly did some good things with him. That was a case of a team PAYING for another team's backup with the intent of turning him into a franchise QB.

The greatest one occurred with Brett Favre. I can't name many others, though. Two is all I got.

I'm not sure if Len Dawson was acquired by trade with the Chiefs. I don't think he was.

O.city 01-22-2013 09:53 PM

Shit SB winning QB's have come from everywhere. Warner was an UDFA.

However, more SB winning QB's have been drafted in the first round, than any other place combined.

Therefor, enough with the lottery.

RunKC 01-22-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9343234)
Shit SB winning QB's have come from everywhere. Warner was an UDFA.

However, more SB winning QB's have been drafted in the first round, than any other place combined.

Therefor, enough with the lottery.

This. Not very often a QB like Drew Brees gets on the market.

I still think Trent Green was a successful trade and QB for us. We just ****ed it up with the defense. So much talent wasted. :doh!:

O.city 01-22-2013 10:00 PM

Teams that draft a QB in the first round and devote all their resources in developing said guy, have the best chance at winning SB's.

Which is exactly what we are about to do.

LOCOChief 01-22-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9343232)
I'm not sure if Len Dawson was acquired by trade with the Chiefs. I don't think he was.

you're right, not by trade, we picked him up off waiver

fairladyZ 01-22-2013 10:42 PM

steve young, brett farve, len dawson, brady was a backup and because injury got put in the position that he ran with. Warner was a backup until green tore his acl.

Pitt Gorilla 01-22-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 9343224)
Len Dawson.

Exactly what I was going to post. I suppose one could also throw Favre in there.

Mecca 01-22-2013 10:55 PM

I think it's really smart to try to be the exception to the rule than just taking the most easily repeatable plan to it.

RealSNR 01-22-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9343330)
steve young, brett farve, len dawson, brady was a backup and because injury got put in the position that he ran with. Warner was a backup until green tore his acl.

We're talking about teams who acquire other team's backups via trade with the intent of them being the franchise QB. Young, Brady, and Warner don't count.

fairladyZ 01-22-2013 11:24 PM

well technically farve would be out too as he wasn't looked at as franchise QB to start either. He was a backup in GB for awhile. I don't think anyone really picks up a backup to be a franchise QB. I don't know much about Dawson but did he come here strictly to be #1 or to compete for #1?

Cmd'r&Chief 01-22-2013 11:34 PM

Brees?

Mecca 01-22-2013 11:39 PM

Brees was a FA after he blew out his shoulder, that wasn't a trade.

RealSNR 01-23-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9343391)
well technically farve would be out too as he wasn't looked at as franchise QB to start either. He was a backup in GB for awhile. I don't think anyone really picks up a backup to be a franchise QB. I don't know much about Dawson but did he come here strictly to be #1 or to compete for #1?

Bullshit. Wolf didn't acquire Favre for a first round pick to have him dick around as a backup.

Majkowski was actually an okay QB. He threw for 4000 yards in a season a couple of times. He just wasn't franchise QB material. The fact that it took three games for Favre to start for the Packers doesn't mean he was viewed as just some Sage Rosenfels prospect.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-23-2013 11:07 AM

Scott Wright ‏@DraftCountdown

NC State QB Mike Glennon looks even better today than yesterday. Top QB at Senior Bowl - hands down - in my opinion.

tony77 01-23-2013 11:18 AM

Well............ he looks like Napoleon Dynamite

milkman 01-23-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9343391)

Len Dawson was targeted by Hank Stram when he hit the open market, because Stram knew him well, and knew what his abilities were from their days as player and coach, respectively, at Perdue.

But that was an entirely different era.

There were 20 jobs then.

Ace Gunner 01-23-2013 11:28 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ElwayColts.jpghttp://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1273611487

tony77 01-23-2013 11:28 AM

Yes he has an arm . I just hope hes not stupid like grbac.

Canofbier 01-23-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9344154)
Well............ he looks like Napoleon Dynamite

Evidently, he agrees. This was one of his Halloween costumes:

http://yfrog.com/scaled/landing/741/f3itsx.jpg

Not crazy about the dude as the Chiefs potential pick, but at least he has a sense of humor.

tony77 01-23-2013 11:33 AM

So you compare him to Elway?

Ace Gunner 01-23-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9343460)
Bullshit. Wolf didn't acquire Favre for a first round pick to have him dick around as a backup.

Majkowski was actually an okay QB. He threw for 4000 yards in a season a couple of times. He just wasn't franchise QB material. The fact that it took three games for Favre to start for the Packers doesn't mean he was viewed as just some Sage Rosenfels prospect.

No, that's not true -- Don Majkowski suffered a season ending injury (ankle tear) and Favre was thrust into the starting QB position, finished the season very well, of course.

fairladyZ 01-23-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9344214)
No, that's not true -- Don Majkowski suffered a season ending injury (ankle tear) and Favre was thrust into the starting QB position, finished the season very well, of course.

correct.. Yes GB gave up a first for farve but they were apparently planning on grabbing him with their first before atlanta took him. He may have been thought about as the future during the draft but once he was taken, he was still a backup in atlanta and came to GB as a backup until Majkowski got hurt. If he was brought in to be the franchise QB he would have came over and started immediately. It's been known that holmgren wasn't to high on farve cause he was a gunslinger and holmgren wanted to try to coach him up to be more of a finesse QB, but when majkowski got hurt holmgren didn't have a choice so he thru him in and the rest in history.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9343348)
I think it's really smart to try to be the exception to the rule than just taking the most easily repeatable plan to it.

Yep.

That's why I quit my job and started playing powerball every week.

I figured that was a more sure-fire way to make sure I can put food on the table for my family.