ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How many broken phones have you had? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322393)

TinyEvel 04-20-2019 01:09 PM

number of phones broken: 0

number of playstation wireless controllers broken to bits: 3
consoles: 1

after I stopped drinking: 0

Cntrygal 04-20-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 14212077)
My cell phone death count would be a lot higher as well, but several years ago I started using the OtterBox Defender case. That move has saved me from many bonus trips to Verizon. I had one take a dive off a ladder at 10 feet, bounce off the concrete and it survived.

I use the OtterBox Defender too! I've had to replace a couple cases, but the phone has been fine!

TLO 04-20-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cntrygal (Post 14216441)
I use the OtterBox Defender too! I've had to replace a couple cases, but the phone has been fine!

I also use OtterBox Defender bb Cntygal. I've found it offers the best protection bang for the buck.

MTG#10 04-21-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 14214494)
Zero. I don't use a case either and now that Samsung insists on these stupid curved screens on every phone I don't even use a screen protector. I am careful with my phones.

I jinxed myself with this post. First time in 20 years owning a cell phone, I dropped it yesterday working in my yard and the bottom left corner spider-webbed. Luckily its contained to the corner but still, **** this thread.

:cuss:

Chief Roundup 04-21-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14215623)
I get hitches to the shin quite often when hauling ass across the shop and parking lot

One of the worst pains there is!

threebag 04-21-2019 07:17 PM

Thought my grandson did my phone in again today. It’s only a couple days old. I about shit myself. Picked it up and no damage.

Discuss Thrower 04-21-2019 07:20 PM

Killed the ringer in a Nokia 2260, cracked a Nokia 3120 (?) in a car wreck, Windows SmartPhone joystick (the only way to use the OS) wore out in two straight handsets, cracked an iPhone 4 screen, killed some pixels dropping an Edge 7 face down in Lot H two years ago.

Chargem 04-22-2019 03:10 AM

Only destroyed one, was out hiking and there was some unexpectedly hard rain. I didn't find out until it stopped that the seal on the chest pocket of my waterproof jacket was faulty, the whole pocket was full of water with my phone in it.

Apparently if I had dried the phone out before I tried to turn it on it might have been okay., but I didn't.

tmax63 04-22-2019 06:49 AM

Never owned a phone until about a year ago when I starting delivering pizzas part time for giggles. Had it less than a week before it got the first screen cracked and washed in the laundry because neither of us was used to checking that particular pocket of my pants before washing. Bought a replacement and had 2 screen cracks (1 at top and 1 at bottom of screen) within a couple days but it doesn't affect function and I'm still carrying it when I deliver as of now.