ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Calm the F Down (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319584)

mr. tegu 12-14-2018 10:38 AM

Calm the F Down

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13961955)
History is just that now. What did history tell us about trading up and drafting a first round quarterback? Things are different whether you wanna buy into that or not. We have a quarterback that can overcome lots of things. Can’t win every game. Our quarterback is 12-3 in his first 15 games. Nowhere to go but up regardless of how this all plays out this year

Hold my beer...

/football gods.

MGRS13 12-14-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13961932)

Only the playoffs matter and we have just as good a chance as any.

So. I really want to post some smart as s reply about you haven't been following this team for the last thirty years of whatever. But I'll just go with. Ok I hope you are correct.

But come on. Have you watched this team's playoff games the last thirty years? The Winnipeg blue bombers have a better chance then the chiefs to win an NFL playoff game this year.

Donger 12-14-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13961852)
Yes

Wow. That's... bad.

DrunkBassGuitar 12-14-2018 10:57 AM

I still think this team can win in the post season but I don't know why anyone would be surprised Chiefs fans are down.

Last night looked a lot like past playoff losses, which all look a lot alike (blown leads in the 4th quarter). It's a bad sign and people here are understandably upset because last night's loss doesn't really instill confidence that the coaching staff has learned from past mistakes.

dlphg9 12-14-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13961858)
Unfortunately yes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chargers erased a 14-point deficit in the final 5 minutes to stun the Chiefs, 29-28.<br><br>Entering Thursday, teams were 0-88 this season when trailing by 14+ points in the final 5 min of regulation. Philip Rivers was 0-20 in his career in those situations. <a href="https://t.co/7nk902lypr">pic.twitter.com/7nk902lypr</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1073435832709758976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Got the perfect spot in the trophy case for that one, right next to the award for being the only team to lose after scoring 50+! We breaking records boys!

FAX 12-14-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 13962011)
I still think this team can win in the post season but I don't know why anyone would be surprised Chiefs fans are down.

Last night looked a lot like past playoff losses, which all look a lot alike (blown leads in the 4th quarter). It's a bad sign and people here are understandably upset because last night's loss doesn't really instill confidence that the coaching staff has learned from past mistakes.

This is exactly why I can temper my extreme disappointment.

That loss can be used to fuel the remainder of the season and the playoffs. If it works out that way, the glass is half full of 1959 Dom.

Now they get the idea that the team (including the coaches) can't count on a miracle, 4th down pass to save the game every week. The Chiefs received a big lesson last night and I hope they learned from it. If they do, we just got better because of a 4th quarter collapse.

BTW, what the hell happened to our o-line? Particularly Schwartz? God almighty that was ugly.

FAX

Kman34 12-14-2018 11:11 AM

Sorry Mr Hoover... Seen this movie before... it’s a Horror movie... may have a different cast but it always ends the same...

Gravedigger 12-14-2018 11:14 AM

Love it how people tell you to calm down, I'll be calmer when they make the AFC Championship game, I'll be even more calmer when they make the Superbowl, and I'll be the calmest when they win the Superbowl. Unless you're a clairvoyant and can guarantee that happening, then I'm sorry but STFU

MGRS13 12-14-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13962050)
This is exactly why I can temper my extreme disappointment.

That loss can be used to fuel the remainder of the season and the playoffs. If it works out that way, the glass is half full of 1959 Dom.

Now they get the idea that the team (including the coaches) can't count on a miracle, 4th down pass to save the game every week. The Chiefs received a big lesson last night and I hope they learned from it. If they do, we just got better because of a 4th quarter collapse.

BTW, what the hell happened to our o-line? Particularly Schwartz? God almighty that was ugly.

FAX

Couldn't they have just watched a vhs copy of the 2003 chiefs. Or how bout tape of the titans game. Or film of the Colts playoff game. Oh which Colts game you ask? ALL OF THEM

crazycoffey 12-14-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13961836)
Is it "silly" to expect this team to not blow a 14 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game?

Other teams in the NFL who were in that similar position are 88-0 this season.

Why did our high power offense go three and out, like 3 or 4 times? And when it really mattered too. Reid tried running, like most of the pessimists in here have always criticized him for, when our O, this year, is different than any other chiefs or Reid team. Four days between the ravens and chargers, We went 1-1.

R. E. L. A. X.

But we do need Reid and PMII to start thinking like a Madden game, pedal to the medal, best plays to move the ball at all times, with a lead or not. Score every damn time you have the ball, that is the goal.

Eleazar 12-14-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13961858)
Unfortunately yes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chargers erased a 14-point deficit in the final 5 minutes to stun the Chiefs, 29-28.<br><br>Entering Thursday, teams were 0-88 this season when trailing by 14+ points in the final 5 min of regulation. Philip Rivers was 0-20 in his career in those situations. <a href="https://t.co/7nk902lypr">pic.twitter.com/7nk902lypr</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1073435832709758976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nice work by the Red Carpet defense!

FAX 12-14-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 13962066)
Couldn't they have just watched a vhs copy of the 2003 chiefs. Or how bout tape of the titans game. Or film of the Colts playoff game. Oh which Colts game you ask? ALL OF THEM

LOL. Probably would have helped. But not really ...

You have to experience this sort of thing. This isn't last year's team or the 2013 team or any other team. If history was the deciding factor in games, the Rivers would have lost again and Pouty would have thrown another pick (or butt-fumbled on the 1).

If (and it's an important "if") this home loss catastrophe serves as the slap in the balls that wakes them up, good. If not, it doesn't matter anyway. It's too late to find a new defensive backfield and this one is in the books.

Sometimes a bad thing can be a good thing. It's paradoxical as heck, but it's true. We should have won that game going away and we didn't. A pissed-off Chiefs team may be what we need the rest of the way.

FAX

dlphg9 12-14-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13962074)
Nice work by the Red Carpet defense!

These guys are etching their names in stone.

First team ever to lose after scoring 50 - Check
First team this year to lose after leading by 14 with 5 minutes left - Check
First team to lose to Phillip after leasing by 14 with 5 minutes left - Check

Wonder what magical first we have up our sleeve for these last 2 regular season games. Something special saved for the playoffs too I bet. It'll be like Christmas morning, I can't hardly stand the excitement!

MGRS13 12-14-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13962090)
LOL. Probably would have helped. But not really ...

You have to experience this sort of thing. This isn't last year's team or the 2013 team or any other team. If history was the deciding factor in games, the Rivers would have lost again and Pouty would have thrown another pick (or butt-fumbled on the 1).

If (and it's an important "if") this home loss catastrophe serves as the slap in the balls that wakes them up, good. If not, it doesn't matter anyway. It's too late to find a new defensive backfield and this one is in the books.

Sometimes a bad thing can be a good thing. It's paradoxical as heck, but it's true. We should have won that game going away and we didn't. A pissed-off Chiefs team may be what we need the rest of the way.

FAX

OK OK! Jeez I'll get off the ledge. I was never gonna jump any ways
FAX words of wisdom has saved another planteer

Imon Yourside 12-14-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 13961788)
A voice of reason, thank you.

A voice of setting you up for the same old crap magnified times 10 come the playoffs is more appropriate. The blueprint is out there blitz the crap out of us and control everything you want about attacking our defense. You can score quickly or take your time scoring, your choice.