ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KC CHIEFS vs. LA CHARGERS: Who wins? Your predictions? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319481)

JakeF 12-11-2018 03:26 PM

Mahomes tends to make clutch plays.
Rivers tends to choke against us.

Chiefs win by 11

Blick 12-11-2018 03:38 PM

We're going to destroy them.

We own Rivers and the Chargers. They're down to their 3rd running back, so they'll probably drop Phil back 50 times or so. Our pass rush + Arrowhead at night/Tony G ring of honor vibes + Phil's noodle arm in the elements = we stomp the shit out of them. Chargers are pretenders.

38-23 Chiefs

carcosa 12-11-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blick (Post 13952452)
We're going to destroy them.

We own Rivers and the Chargers. They're down to their 3rd running back, so they'll probably drop Phil back 50 times or so. Our pass rush + Arrowhead at night/Tony G ring of honor vibes + Phil's noodle arm in the elements = we stomp the shit out of them. Chargers are pretenders.

38-23 Chiefs

HELL

YES

BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paniero 12-11-2018 04:09 PM

Is Carcosa a 14 year old?

TEX 12-11-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 13952425)
Think it's going to be a close, high scoring affair. Chiefs kick last minute field goal to win and clinch AFC West.

Chiefs 41, Chargers 38

Hope KC can win by more. Do not have confidence in Butker for this...

Mama Hip Rockets 12-11-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 13951927)
Commas. They mean something.

So does grammar. Your commas are fine, but the rest of that paragraph is a mind-boggling clusterfork.

carcosa 12-11-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paniero (Post 13952500)
Is Carcosa a 14 year old?

No, but I do have a youthful glow. Thanks for asking!

HC_Chief 12-11-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 13952542)
So does grammar. Your commas are fine, but the rest of that paragraph is a mind-boggling clusterfork.

Impactful. Again, dumb****ery is a you problem, not a me problem. By all means continue being pedantic while the adults talk football...just please **** off to someplace else to do it. Perhaps four_chan?

IowaHawkeyeChief 12-11-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 13951927)
:spock:
1. Uhh no, the Chargers hope Mahomes forces
2. The Chargers hope to take advantage of KC's shit defense.

Commas. They mean something.

In fairness, re-read your post objectively. That is a word salad with punctuation all over the place. Thanks for clarify.:D

IowaHawkeyeChief 12-11-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13951851)
I cannot even fathom what life was like at that time.

That was before we knew we had a 23-year-old MVP playing quarterback.

Yet, you pick against him at home on a short week for a visiting team... I get it, it helps take the sting out of a loss if it happens and you could say you were right. I would rather feel the pain than predict a loss with this kid under center.

Molitoth 12-11-2018 04:57 PM

hmmm,

Do I go with "because Chiefs" or "because Mahomes" ????

IowaHawkeyeChief 12-11-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13952584)
hmmm,

Do I go with "because Chiefs" or "because Mahomes" ????

Come down the aisle in the Church of Arrowhead son, give your football heart to Mahomes and be SAVED from the sinful Chiefs football past...

HC_Chief 12-11-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13952577)
In fairness, re-read your post objectively. That is a word salad with punctuation all over the place. Thanks for clarify.:D

I'll keep it monosyllabic moving forward. Grunts and pointing; poor knuckles are going to be raw from all the dragging :D

Seriously tho', injuries are major concern. Mahomes is a legit phenom but his surrounding cast is beat the hell up. Hill is gimpy. Hunt is gone and his replacement is hurt. Watkins is out. There are injuries along the OL. This is a major concern. It won't keep KC from scoring, just makes them less likely to drop 40 on SD...hell, likely to keep them in the 20s. When that happens, pucker factor goes WAAAAY up because as we all know, this defense isn't exactly a world beater. They are atrocious against the pass, weak against the run, and make up for it by being shitty tacklers.

IowaHawkeyeChief 12-11-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 13952590)
I'll keep it monosyllabic moving forward. Grunts and pointing; poor knuckles are going to be raw from all the dragging :D

Seriously tho', injuries are concern. Mahomes is a legit phenom but his surrounding cast is beat the hell up. Hill is gimpy. Hunt is gone and his replacement is hurt. Watkins is out. There are injuries along the OL. This is a major concern. It won't keep KC from scoring, just makes them less likely to drop 40 on SD...hell, likely to keep them in the 20s. When that happens, pucker factor goes WAAAAY up because as we all know, this defense isn't exactly a world beater. They are atrocious against the pass, weak against the run, and make up for it by being shitty tacklers.

BELIEVE, we are in a new ERA... Could we lose, of course, do I expect us to lose, absolutely not. If this were last year I would have different feelings going into this game. I could be terribly wrong about this, but I have been a die hard Chiefs fan since I was 5, right after our SB win vs. the Vikes, which I have no memory as I was 3 1/2... In this time frame, I have never felt more comfortable than I have the last 9-10 weeks before or even during a game. I expect us to win. If we get down, I expect us to pull it out. The 4th and 9 on Sunday I didn't feel helpless. That was weird... I should have expected us to fail and have to get a stop with our 3 timeouts to have a chance, but I actually would have been more surprised if he didn't get the first down like I was during the Rams game. It isn't logical, but with Mahomes, it is becoming the norm. Good times, enjoy, and believe.

George Liquor 12-11-2018 05:16 PM

Melvin Gordon completely wrecked two of my FF teams.

F you!