ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game Week 14: KC 27 BAL 24 OT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319450)

HemiEd 12-10-2018 09:05 AM

Nice job as usual George. I didn't think Romo was bad though, maybe that was due to having Fouts the previous week. Romo was totally all over Mahomes and what he does/did.

The no look pass got more coverage than the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction at the SB.

I loved watching Andy walking off the field after the game was over and was imagining him humming to himself: " I got a quarterback, I got a quarterback ,I got a quarterback, I got a quarterback, etc. etc."

King_Chief_Fan 12-10-2018 09:10 AM

Best 10 things written to date.

WhiteWhale 12-10-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13948895)
On a couple of random notes...

1. Do we think that Sutton made an on-the-fly adjustment to put his heavy d-linemen in the game in the second quarter? They were killing us with the run and then all of a sudden Hamilton and IllumaNnadi were in there consistently, and they kind of put a stop to it. I wondered if that was by design or if they were adjusting.

2. Minor note, but there was one play in the first or maybe second quarter where the Chiefs had the most pre-snap motion I've ever seen on a play in my life. I think all five skill players moved, and then they all moved again, and then I think a couple of them moved a third time. The play didn't go anywhere, but the motion was entertaining.

ROFL I know what play you're talking about with #2. IT was just some quick flare route that went nowhere. :D

gblowfish 12-10-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13949212)

I loved watching Andy walking off the field after the game was over and was imagining him humming to himself: " I got a quarterback, I got a quarterback ,I got a quarterback, I got a quarterback, etc. etc."

After the game before Andy went down the steps to the locker room, he stopped, waved and applauded the fans and pointed at us - not a Todd Haley wave, but a "you guys were awesome" wave. Andy's been super fired up the last couple weeks. I think he wants to get back to the Super Bowl real bad.

I heard a stat on WHB this morning. On the 4th and 9 pass to Hill, Mahomes was running at 17mph, ran 30 yards on the scramble before releasing the ball, threw the ball 45 yards downfield into a window of less than one yard to Hill, wedged between two Baltimore defenders. Amazing throw and catch.

scho63 12-10-2018 09:56 AM

Really insightful write up this week GB.

I know that you, like I, was probably not as confident as some of the short term fans because of all the years of us losing these very types of games.

Mahomes is now WINNING these games for the most part (Rams he did not), so it's starting to feel like something really special and yesterday was another step in the right direction to believing we are going to win at any time under any circumstance.

Demetrius Harris had a shitty game with a fall on the first play with no one around him, a drop and a penalty at a bad time.

The Raven's defense are a bunch of tough SOBs and we took a lot of hard hits, including Mahomes around 15 or 19 times I read. That's way too many.

The entire bar I was at was really into the game as they had it on the big TV in the main dining area. The bar has 88 TVs so you get it all over.

Because I've seen so many disappointments, I temper my lows and now the highs of the plays like Mahomes made yesterday are much more enjoyable.

I never thought I would be 55 years old and so excited by a pro sports team but this feels great. I wish I could be there Thursday night.

Thanks as always and let's keep the good vibes and play rolling!~ :clap:

gblowfish 12-10-2018 09:59 AM

Baltimore Sun has a "Five Things" article that's pretty good. They like Mahomes, to say the least:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...211-story.html

gblowfish 12-10-2018 10:10 AM

I believe this may be the first game all season where we did not have a DPI penalty, and it may also be the only game where the opposition was penalized more than us. I'd have to check on that one.

wheeler08 12-10-2018 10:21 AM

I've said this for a couple of years, I don't know why Toub keeps getting Head Coach interviews. Special Teams haven't impressed me that much. If we ever do get a chance to return one, we usually get a penalty for block in the back. And our kicker has become 50/50 every time he lines up now it seems. Don't give me excuses that he gets to kick more now than when Alex was here. Do your job.

Andy went full Andy on some of those play calls at end of game. We get in FG range at end of regulation, and everyone in the building knows we are going to run it up the middle all 3 times and kick FG. I think we lost yards on every play and it backed us up and we miss the kick. Why not have Mahomes roll out and if there is a way open man take the shot, if not throw it out of bounds and we dont lose any yards. One completion there and we might be kicking a chip shot instead of a 40 yarder.

RedRaider56 12-10-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13949286)
After the game before Andy went down the steps to the locker room, he stopped, waved and applauded the fans and pointed at us - not a Todd Haley wave, but a "you guys were awesome" wave. Andy's been super fired up the last couple weeks. I think he wants to get back to the Super Bowl real bad.

I heard a stat on WHB this morning. On the 4th and 9 pass to Hill, Mahomes was running at 17mph, ran 30 yards on the scramble before releasing the ball, threw the ball 45 yards downfield into a window of less than one yard to Hill, wedged between two Baltimore defenders. Amazing throw and catch.

yeah..read that stat somewhere yesterday. Freakin' amazing.

DJJasonp 12-10-2018 10:26 AM

Great write up, as usual George........but one minor complaint/request:

Mahomes had just thrown an Alex Smith check down special to Ware

Let's not ever use those two names (at least in this context) in the same sentence again!

I think Mahomes has earned that right! :)

DJJasonp 12-10-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13949298)
Baltimore Sun has a "Five Things" article that's pretty good. They like Mahomes, to say the least:

I think it's somewhat interesting that the writer says their approach worked (against the NFL's best).

It only worked because of Grandpa Bob.

It wont work against teams with legit defenses.

RedRaider56 12-10-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Good article. thanks for posting

bevischief 12-10-2018 11:13 AM

Thanks

UK_Chief 12-10-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Only half as good as your 10 things

Rain Man 12-10-2018 11:29 AM

The Ravens are who we used to be, a team that built talent at 21 positions and believed that a strong team could win. We are the teams that used to beat us, teams that built around a strong quarterback and won.