ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Les Miles settles buyout with LSU; is a new job on the horizon? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318895)

Bump 11-18-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13897362)
It’s doable. Fatgino had a few year streak where he was bowl eligible. Plus the bottom of the big 12 is soft. Tcu probably won’t be awful for long but Baylor and KSU look like they will be. Win those 2 and just go get one.

I remember all of the missouri rage around here when Mangino's KU got the Orange Bowl that year. It was funny.

BWillie 11-18-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13897104)
It was not. Nobody is worried about Les Miles. Hell, when we were talking about shitcanning Odom, Miles was mentioned as an awful hire precisely because he failed at a place where he had all the advantages. I'm sure he'll get the right bag men in place to get you better recruits than you've had in many years, but your offenses will still get poleaxed. His offenses weren't even that good when he had guys like Odell Beckham and Leonard Fournette.

Les Miles goal is to win football games - not put up stats. His philosophy has alot to do with ball control and time of possession. Probably pretty similar to how Kirk Ferentz & Iowa play - even though they have opened it up a little more lately. You can win alot of football games by slinging it around - and - you can also win alot of football games playing an efficient ball control offense with a solid defense.

Coach 11-18-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13897258)
Is he better than Beaty, and Radio? Absolutely. Positively, Yes. Is he better than Weis? **** he better be. Will he be enough to get consistently to +.500? That's a tall order.

Weis was a schematic fraud. He got the ND gig because of Tom Brady. Josh McDaniels is another example when he flamed out in Denver.

Les Miles is (should) better than Weis anyways.

The big thing KU (and other fans need to realize) has to deal with is a large number of scholarship players they have available. Didn't help the fact that Beaty nabbed 10 JUCO players in 2018. Not to mention they lose 6/7 starters on offense and 7/8 on defense, and if my memory serves me right, this team has quite a few upper classmen.

So, Miles will likely need at least 2 recruiting cycles to catch up, since in 2019, KU only has one commit. That's it.

Kiimo 11-18-2018 10:14 PM

The scholarship thing is going to be an issue. They should seriously consider redshirting the entire class and tanking next year if they have to.

bowener 11-19-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13900024)
Weis was a schematic fraud. He got the ND gig because of Tom Brady. Josh McDaniels is another example when he flamed out in Denver.

The big thing KU (and other fans need to realize) has to deal with is a large number of scholarship players they have available. Didn't help the fact that Beaty nabbed 10 JUCO players in 2018. Not to mention they lose 6/7 starters on offense and 7/8 on defense, and if my memory serves me right, this team has quite a few upper classmen.

So, Miles will likely need at least 2 recruiting cycles to catch up, since in 2019, KU only has one commit. That's it.

I'm not a ku fan so I may be wrong on this, but they had a promotional ad during the ku basketball game on Friday that said 30 seniors. That is a ridiculous number so I assume that includes kids that aren't on the active roster or something. As for guys that actually play I think it is 10 or fewer.

T-post Tom 11-19-2018 10:43 AM

You guys are great, but have to do it :D ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13893977)
He's not coming out of retirement to go to Kansas. I could see Colorado as a possibility, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13896359)
He isn’t coming out of retirement to coach Kansas. Don’t worry about KU

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13893920)
Colorado

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ocation=origin

BryanBusby 11-19-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13900024)

Weis got 27 TD's out of Matt Cassel. ****ing 27, and made Thomas Jones still look capable. He just had no business in NCAA, or being a HC.