ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Mass hysteria (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316876)

Bob Dole 08-28-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13695928)
The attention seeking behavior is definitely part of it. When you want attention you find ways to imagine or see things that aren’t there in order to have something to post on the internet. They get the sympathy from others but internally they also feel like they are desirable and unique, even if the perceived attention is negative.

Had a local gal take a photo of a hole in a dressing room wall, claiming it was a peep hole. It was from the door knob slamming into the wall.

Spott 08-28-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 13696758)
Had a local gal take a photo of a hole in a dressing room wall, claiming it was a peep hole. It was from the door knob slamming into the wall.

Is it wrong that I immediately thought that the hole was for something else?

FAX 08-28-2018 01:17 PM

Mr. Bob Dole's amusing anecdote reminds me of an experience with a young lady who had a similar imagination. The tale unfolds as follows;

Driving home from a very long night of revelry and debauchery, I found myself riding shotgun in a (somewhat rather stoned) co-ed's automobile. As we left the gravel road and hit blacktop, we heard an odd noise coming from the left rear quarter panel and she suddenly screeched, "It's the Hook Man!!". Honestly, her shriek freaked me out too, because it did sound a little like Hook Man had us by the chromes.

It's true that we had been out amongst the woods that night and the Hook Man stories are well known, but what are the odds? So we stopped and I volunteered to remove his hook and bloody stump of an arm from her car.

Turns out it wasn't Hook Man ... it was Gas Cap Man and hers was hanging by its little hanger thing and banging against the fender.

FAX THE RELIEVED WE WEREN'T KILLED BY AN ESCAPED PSYCHOPATH THAT NIGHT

Iowanian 08-28-2018 02:54 PM

A lot of the hysteria I read now sounds like when I was in upper elementary. Two boys my age disappeared that year in Des Moines while they were delivering newspapers. Neither ever found.

After that....it was non-stop stories of white vans, candy and puppies. Every time a delivery van came through the county they were trying to steal kids.

I'm seeing a lot about human traffic issues, and I'm sure there is something to it, but I see something about every day about groups of men trying to steal women and kids from the mall and rest areas and truck stops......I'm sure these things happen, but it can't as prevalent as people think it is.

That said, women and girls in my household are runners. You can bet they'll be running with eye stabbers attached to them from now on.

The Franchise 08-28-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13697032)
A lot of the hysteria I read now sounds like when I was in upper elementary. Two boys my age disappeared that year in Des Moines while they were delivering newspapers. Neither ever found.

After that....it was non-stop stories of white vans, candy and puppies. Every time a delivery van came through the county they were trying to steal kids.

I'm seeing a lot about human traffic issues, and I'm sure there is something to it, but I see something about every day about groups of men trying to steal women and kids from the mall and rest areas and truck stops......I'm sure these things happen, but it can't as prevalent as people think it is.

That said, women and girls in my household are runners. You can bet they'll be running with eye stabbers attached to them from now on.

I've got three daughters....so I'm always vigilant about where they are and who's around them. But I'm also not a complete uptight asshole who puts leashes on them and never lets them do anything.

wazu 08-28-2018 03:29 PM

This thread is the first time I’ve heard any of this. My Facebook friends suddenly seem a lot more sane.

Mecca 08-28-2018 03:46 PM

Reading this thread is making me laugh my ass off. That shit people post on facebook is just ****ing stupid.

Yea if anyone even asks you a question they want to abduct you..I'm pretty sure society population figures are going to go down now just because no one knows how to communicate and if they try they are an abductor.

Rasputin 08-28-2018 05:51 PM

This reminds me of the time I was nearly abducted by aliens. These three :cigar::cigar::cigar: in the back of a white pickup truck was yelling words like hombre and tomatoes but I was like I'm outa here and left making sure they didn't fallow me.

Rausch 08-29-2018 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13697126)
Reading this thread is making me laugh my ass off. That shit people post on facebook is just ****ing stupid.

This. Social media is usually just trolling or factually inaccurate memes to push a political POV.

Trafficking arrests are way up but still...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/14176...sm-joseph-curl

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-29-2018 07:41 AM

Must be a midwest thing. I don't see any of this.