ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs AFC West: Chiefs facing nightmare, Raiders get it easy (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315913)

SuperBowl4 06-22-2018 11:21 PM

I would rather have Matt Cassel back than Alex Smith. :eek: Just kidding.

Pablo 06-22-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13602724)
****ing bullshit. He got the playbook down last year.

You can never trust the reporting of a smiff felcher.

jaa1025 06-22-2018 11:57 PM

Schedule

1) @Chargers. Chargers are slow starters, playing on a high school field still. Rivers is underrated but past old for a QB. Very good players on both sides of the ball, but this is a W.

2) @Steelers. Big Ben looked very beatable and bad at times last year. They are living on their name and reputation. They had some off the field drama this past off season, fired Todd Haley. Will Bell play? They can win this but it will be tough.

3) 49ers. Bad team that is way overrated based on a 6-7 game stretch where they caught people by surprise with Grappalo. W

4) @ Broncos. Defense is declining. Offense is still bad. W

2-2 at worse, 3-1 is a strong possibility, 4-0 is possible.

5) Jaguars. Tough game. Offense may be the worst in the NFL but the defense is probably the best in the NFL. At home, I'll take the Chiefs.

6) @Patriots. The Chiefs have shown they can whoop up on the champs a few times during the regular season. Will the drama that NE has had this off season finally take them down? Brady can't play till he's 60 right? Winnable, but I'll go with a L

7) Bengals. Win

8) Broncos. @ home pretty sure thing for a W IMO.

2-2 at worse IMO. I'd bet 3-1 with a loss either @ NE or home vs Jags.

9) @Browns. I don't know why but this could be a tough game. I'll take the Chiefs, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Browns were a decent team this year.

10) Cardinals. @ home, new coach, new rookie QB. (Don't think Bradford lasts this long).

11) @Rams--Mexico City. I'll go with a loss here. Probably a toss up though to be honest. I just hope no one from the team gets kidnapped, murdered or catches the swine flue.

12) Bye.

13) @ Raiders. This one is difficult. Will the Raiders find their way by now under Gruden? This could be a toss up. Oakland will bring it and DJ will know the offense about as good as a defender could.

2-2 is my prediction here. Could just as easily go 3-1 or 1-3 too.

14) Ravens. Chiefs win. I don't respect Baltimore. Looming QB controversy there as well by now.

15) Chargers. Chiefs win at home. Half of the Chargers team likely on IR by now.

16) @Seahawks. Win. This isn't the same seahawks team.

17) Raiders. Chiefs win this at home.

4-0. 3 games at home with their road game against a rebuilding Seahawks team.

I think the Chiefs finish 11-5 personally IF Mahomes can stay healthy. They really have no one else if he gets headstomped by Suh.

Coogs 06-23-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 13603020)
Dumb article. No shit the Broncos,Raiders and Chargers dont play the Pats and Jags. The AFC west inter conference opponent this year is the AFC North so the Steelers are the only AFC non divisional 1st place team they will play. The Pats and jags finished 1st in their divisions and will play the other AFC 1st place division winners including the Chiefs. The 2nd place finishers will all play each other, and so on. This set up has been in effect sense the last realignment.

So who has the harder schedule? The 1st place Patriots or the last place Jets? 1st place Patriots right?

12 common opponents.

4 different opponents.

Patriots 4 different opponents are Chiefs, Steelers, Jets, and Jets.

Jets 4 different opponents are Broncos, Browns, Patriots, and Patriots.

You could make a pretty good case that the last place Jets have the tougher schedule. It not that difficult to imagine that the Patriots will be 2-2 at WORST, and the Jets will be 2-2 at BEST out of those 4.

Halfcan 06-23-2018 10:37 AM

I expect the Chiefs to sweep the division unless the NFL decides to gift the Faders another win to prop up their pathetic franchise.

I think it will be great for Mahomes to play against some of the great QB's of the game and get wins against them. Dinosaurs like Rivers, Big Ben and Brady will look old with Mahomes out on the field.

scho63 06-23-2018 11:42 AM

So just like every season, we will win some games we are not supposed to win according to the pundits and lose some games that are sure wins.

KCTitus 06-23-2018 07:04 PM

If there's one thing I know it's that you cannot predict wins based upon the future schedule. No one need go further back than last year to see KC beat the two SB competitors in weeks 1 and 2...I dont know if it was warranted, but I dont know of any team that has had to face the future SB representatives in consecutive weeks 1 and 2.

As for Smith...his play helped KC lose 4 straight to the likes of Buffalo, NYG and the Jets...KC plays miserably in NY and thankfully, they got to play both of those NY games on the road. It's no excuse for losing since KC was the better team, but looking historically at a schedule is different that assuming what was will continue.

No one has any real tape on Mahomes aside from week 17...is that enough for teams to game plan against our rook? I dont think so and look forward to the season. No more 1yd passes hoping for a 9 yard gain on 3rd and 10...

NWTF 06-23-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 13603210)
So who has the harder schedule? The 1st place Patriots or the last place Jets? 1st place Patriots right?

12 common opponents.

4 different opponents.

Patriots 4 different opponents are Chiefs, Steelers, Jets, and Jets.

Jets 4 different opponents are Broncos, Browns, Patriots, and Patriots.

You could make a pretty good case that the last place Jets have the tougher schedule. It not that difficult to imagine that the Patriots will be 2-2 at WORST, and the Jets will be 2-2 at BEST out of those 4.

Yeah, while perpetual 1st place finishers like the Pats and Steelers always get the other conference 1st place finishers, and losers like the Jets and Browns get the other conference bottom feeders which as you pointed out only equates to two games, the whole division thing brings things back to the center. The Pats may end up taking some lumps against the Jags,Chiefs, Steelers but they always get come back to feast on their division turds for six games. The Chiefs have been racking up divisional wins the last couple years too. The Pats have had a historic run of bad divisional opponents. The Chiefs recent divisional success or any other division leader's wont last near as long as the Pats, but thats on the other crap AFC East owners for never assembling a competitive team.

They could do away with the rotational in conference division play (IE this year AFC West plays AFC North), and schedule the remaining games outside of divisional and out of conference (NFC) by teams previous seasons winning %. So the Jets dont get the Jags or the Browns dont get the Chiefs but its not that serious IMO.

KChiefs1 06-23-2018 08:03 PM

Lost me with the first sentence.

Coogs 06-24-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 13603654)
Yeah, while perpetual 1st place finishers like the Pats and Steelers always get the other conference 1st place finishers, and losers like the Jets and Browns get the other conference bottom feeders which as you pointed out only equates to two games, the whole division thing brings things back to the center. The Pats may end up taking some lumps against the Jags,Chiefs, Steelers but they always get come back to feast on their division turds for six games. The Chiefs have been racking up divisional wins the last couple years too. The Pats have had a historic run of bad divisional opponents. The Chiefs recent divisional success or any other division leader's wont last near as long as the Pats, but thats on the other crap AFC East owners for never assembling a competitive team.

They could do away with the rotational in conference division play (IE this year AFC West plays AFC North), and schedule the remaining games outside of divisional and out of conference (NFC) by teams previous seasons winning %. So the Jets dont get the Jags or the Browns dont get the Chiefs but its not that serious IMO.

I guess I just miss read your first post I quoted to mean it is obvious a team that finishes 1st in a division has the harder schedule. I just used the Pats and Jets as an example. But you could really do the same thing in every division.

Steelers/Browns

Jags/Colts

Chiefs/Broncos

Which of those teams has the harder schedule. You can make an case for the Browns, Colts, and Broncos having the harder schedule instead of the old "1st Place Schedule" team having the tougher route.

RunKC 06-24-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13603673)
Lost me with the first sentence.

I fixed his opening statement.

“Don't be surprised if the AFC West is begging the Redskins to trade Alex Smith back to Kansas City this year.

OK, that probably won't happen, but there might be some Broncos, Chargers or Raider fans who want him back later this year and that's because there's definitely a possibility that things could get ugly for the division when Patrick Mahomes lights it up.”

ct 06-24-2018 09:01 AM

this is about the dumbest article i've read

oakland doesnt travel well to east coast so they should be leery of baltimore, but they completely dismiss miami in the dreaded first 3 week stretch?

denver going for revenge for super bowl blowouts from 30 years ago?

the premise was kc is gonna so shakin their boots scared we want alex smith back?

i'm not even finishing the afc west read, i quit when the whole denver SB revenge from 30 yrs ago was part of their argument.

sedated 06-24-2018 10:17 AM

Amazingly I made it through the first 2 sentences, but had to quit at the 4th "basically". Was this written for an 8th grade English class?

keg in kc 06-24-2018 10:55 AM

If Oakland could ever actually win some games on their annual also-ran schedule then an article like this might make some sense. Every year is weighted in their favor just like this, and every year they fall flat on their face. Might as well just call them Browns west.

The Broncos aren't going anywhere, the Chargers are basically Raiders south (would that make them Browns SW?) finding new and creative ways to choke every season.

Ten games most likely wins the division, again, and unlike those three teams at the bottom, the Chiefs are one of the difficult teams opponents see when they look at their own schedules. So I think I like their odds for the playoffs regardless.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-24-2018 11:38 AM

KC has a young, franchise QB and the most talented offensive weapons in football. If teams don't fear us now, they will. Look how frightened our resident Donc homers are....