ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Tell me about how you Grocery shop nowadays... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315551)

Fire Me Boy! 05-27-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over Yonder (Post 13571142)
Yea, it's laziness. If a person can't even be bothered with going and picking up food (which they did not personally grow/raise anyway, which is another form of laziness that us Americans have become) it can only be called laziness.

I'm as guilty as the rest when it comes to convenience. But we have to call it what it is.

Anyways, food is Wal Mart/Hy-Vee for anything other than meat. As far as meat, animals come to my house and get fat, then commit suicide. It's the damndest thing you ever seen:D

I don稚 agree, but what else is new. ;)

patteeu 05-27-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Yea, it's laziness. If a person can't even be bothered with going and picking up food (which they did not personally grow/raise anyway, which is another form of laziness that us Americans have become) it can only be called laziness.

I'm as guilty as the rest when it comes to convenience. But we have to call it what it is.

Anyways, food is Wal Mart/Hy-Vee for anything other than meat. As far as meat, animals come to my house and get fat, then commit suicide. It's the damndest thing you ever seen:D

What if you're spending the time you saved by having groceries delivered to dig your own well with a spade so you have something to drink with dinner? :)

MTG#10 05-27-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13571126)
**** that. It's a good way to make aure that you're eating what you want to eat, and it's a good way to get a break from a cranky toddler.

I shop the pleb ass way for good reason.

My youngest is a teenager now but I definitely know what that's like. You get a pass.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-27-2018 08:59 AM

I'd rather put up with cretins at a Trader Joe's than read a Deberg thread

Abba-Dabba 05-27-2018 09:01 AM

I've done the online shopping thing but prefer to go in the store. I have a hard time letting a 16-20yr old pick out my cuts of meat. I like to see what dates of expiration are on milk and eggs as well. I'm would guess that with items that tend to expire fairly quickly, you get the items that are set expire the earliest to move product out the door.

LoneWolf 05-27-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

I get up at 4:30 a.m. and I知 at the office before 6 a.m. I leave the office around 6 p.m. When I get home I either make dinner or eat what the wife has already made and then help clean up. I take the dogs for a walk and spend a little time with my son. I then spend an hour on the treadmill or elliptical, take a shower, and go to bed.

On Saturdays I go into the office for a few hours and then spend the rest of the day doing tasks around the house like washing the cars, cleaning out the garage, pruning the landscaping, etc... By late Saturday afternoon I知 ready for some downtime and we usually find something fun to do (like drink at the neighbors and puke in their pool).

Anything I can do to reduce the time it takes for mundane tasks like grocery shopping, I take that opportunity. But according to you, I知 just lazy.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13571189)
I get up at 4:30 a.m. and I知 at the office before 6 a.m. I leave the office around 6 p.m. When I get home I either make dinner or eat what the wife has already made and then help clean up. I take the dogs for a walk and spend a little time with my son. I then spend an hour on the treadmill or elliptical, take a shower, and go to bed.

On Saturdays I go into the office for a few hours and then spend the rest of the day doing tasks around the house like washing the cars, cleaning out the garage, pruning the landscaping, etc... By late Saturday afternoon I知 ready for some downtime and we usually find something fun to do (like drink at the neighbors and puke in their pool).

Anything I can do to reduce the time it takes for mundane tasks like grocery shopping, I take that opportunity. But according to you, I知 just lazy.

Well clearly unless you go to the vineyard to get your own tomatoes and make your own wine sauce, you're clearly a lazy piece of shit and should starve to death.

Randallflagg 05-27-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13571189)

Damn.....delegate my boy. Delegate. You are going die young.....ROFL

So, no one else in your household is capable of doing simple grocery shopping? Seriously, you are taking way too much on your shoulders. Life is long - slow down..

Randallflagg 05-27-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13571205)
Well clearly unless you go to the vineyard to get your own tomatoes and make your own wine sauce, you're clearly a lazy piece of shit and should starve to death.

Why would you have to go to the vineyard to get your own tomatoes? That's what grocery stores are for. Takes 10 minutes. And, I get to pick the EXACT tomatoes that I want for MY sauce - not depending on an employee to do it for me - because I'm so busy (doing whatever) or so self-important, that I can't spend 30 minutes to purchase my own groceries.

It's not "laziness" per se'. It's called priorities.

Randallflagg 05-27-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 13571164)
I've done the online shopping thing but prefer to go in the store. I have a hard time letting a 16-20yr old pick out my cuts of meat. I like to see what dates of expiration are on milk and eggs as well. I'm would guess that with items that tend to expire fairly quickly, you get the items that are set expire the earliest to move product out the door.

And that was my point in its entirety. Is it really THAT hard to get off your ass, stop at your local store and pick up a few groceries?

When you turn those choices over to "employees" - you never know what the hell you are going to get.

LoneWolf 05-27-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13571327)
Damn.....delegate my boy. Delegate. You are going die young.....ROFL

So, no one else in your household is capable of doing simple grocery shopping? Seriously, you are taking way too much on your shoulders. Life is long - slow down..

My wife runs a very successful business and works almost as many hours as I do. We share the household chores equally, but we are both very busy people. It痴 all in an effort to retire early and enjoy not working. If things work out, I値l be retired at 55 and living in Hawaii six months out of the year and Montana the other six months.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13571331)
Why would you have to go to the vineyard to get your own tomatoes? That's what grocery stores are for. Takes 10 minutes. And, I get to pick the EXACT tomatoes that I want for MY sauce - not depending on an employee to do it for me - because I'm so busy (doing whatever) or so self-important, that I can't spend 30 minutes to purchase my own groceries.

It's not "laziness" per se'. It's called priorities.

Spoken like a pleb

Randallflagg 05-27-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13571337)
My wife runs a very successful business and works almost as many hours as I do. We share the household chores equally, but we are both very busy people. It痴 all in an effort to retire early and enjoy not working. If things work out, I値l be retired at 55 and living in Hawaii six months out of the year and Montana the other six months.

I know where you are. That was both my Wife and I years ago. We retired a couple of years ago. Truthfully? The hardest thing about "retirement" is retirement. It takes getting used to..especially when all you have known nothing but 140 miles an hour for the majority of your working life.

My Advice? If you plan on retiring by 55 - start slowing a little at 53 and plan on a little less each year thereafter until it becomes "official".

Trust me, if you haven't made it by 53 - you won't make it by 55. Now? three years later and countless trips abroad and not remembering if I was going or coming between KC and Denver, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, etc - to doing ABSOLUTELY nothing I believe that it is safe to say that I LOVE it! :)

Randallflagg 05-27-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13571339)
Spoken like a pleb

Perhaps. And let me guess, You? Food Critic for the NY Times? That's what I thought. ROFL

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 12:35 PM

I am an expert at microwaving tyvm