ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Derrick Johnson visiting (and has now signed with) the Raiders... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315225)

JakeF 05-03-2018 11:16 PM

I doubt DJ has much choice, searching for any job he can get.

Brooklyn 05-04-2018 05:31 AM

Interesting that he’d go this route with the standing offer to coach the Chiefs. Gotta think Andy and Brett would be a little less enthused about that after DJ tried to get with the Raiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhawhaWhat 05-04-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn (Post 13545636)
Interesting that he’d go this route with the standing offer to coach the Chiefs. Gotta think Andy and Brett would be a little less enthused about that after DJ tried to get with the Raiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The vet minimum is $1 mil. There is no coaching job he could take with the Chiefs or anyone else that would pay him that, nowhere even close. Also a lot of football players wants to be football players for as long as they can.

I guarantee that Andy and Veach understand that.

R8RFAN 05-04-2018 06:53 AM

This just in... DJ said he secretly wanted to play for the Raiders his entire career

Rausch 05-04-2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 13545688)
This just in... DJ said he secretly wanted to play for the Raiders his entire career

This makes me sad...

R8RFAN 05-04-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13545724)
This makes me sad...

i am lying... ROFL Don't even know if he will be signed, they may sign him to groom some of our younger guys who knows

Don't matter to me either way...

They could also be using him as Leverage to try to lower the price of Bowman

wazu 05-04-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 13545742)
i am lying... ROFL Don't even know if he will be signed, they may sign him to groom some of our younger guys who knows

Don't matter to me either way...

They could also be using him as Leverage to try to lower the price of Bowman

I think he’d be a good addition. He was coming on late last year. Achilles usually takes a year which would explain slow start. I’m fine with Chiefs moving on but not convinced DJ is done.

R8RFAN 05-04-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13545751)
I think he’d be a good addition. He was coming on late last year. Achilles usually takes a year which would explain slow start. I’m fine with Chiefs moving on but not convinced DJ is done.

I will take a proven player who has lost a step over a unknown any day of the week especially if he is considered a insurance policy.

As I said, he is or was a good player and if he is cheap enough his knowledge of the KC defense alone would probably be worth it if you are a rival team

wazu 05-04-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 13545787)
I will take a proven player who has lost a step over a unknown any day of the week especially if he is considered a insurance policy.

As I said, he is or was a good player and if he is cheap enough his knowledge of the KC defense alone would probably be worth it if you are a rival team

Don’t agree with your last statement. Knowledge of the Chiefs defense? “Run any play you want. They can’t stop anything.” “Okay, DJ, thanks for the intel!”

Rausch 05-04-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 13545787)

On your defense he'd be a big help.

I have nothing bad to say about the guy. This is what he does for a living and he wants to keep doing it.

I only care about this stuff when someone like Kneel Smith says "It's nice to finally play for the good guys."

That ****ery isn't necessary. Do what you do and feed your family but there's no need to shit on a fanbase in the process...

R8RFAN 05-04-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13545798)
On your defense he'd be a big help.

I have nothing bad to say about the guy. This is what he does for a living and he wants to keep doing it.

I only care about this stuff when someone like Kneel Smith says "It's nice to finally play for the good guys."

That ****ery isn't necessary. Do what you do and feed your family but there's no need to shit on a fanbase in the process...

Dude they are all overpaid drama queens...

I use to live to debate and argue about football and couldn't wait for the season to begin... Maybe because I am getting older, I dunno...

I don't get excited after a win and I don't get down after a loss like I did when I was younger and it's not just the NFL... I was the same way about the Tarheels , bet I didn't watch 3 games last year and 2 of those were vs Duke.

I use to take nights off to see the Tarheels and Raiders play.

I used to watch Nascar and that is dead to me now too

Meh

ptlyon 05-04-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 13545994)
I used to watch Nascar and that is dead to me now too

Totally amazed how they ****ed up that sport

pugsnotdrugs19 05-04-2018 09:59 AM

Apparently he left the building without a deal.

R8RFAN 05-04-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13545998)
Totally amazed how they ****ed up that sport

I was flippin channels and stopped on the Bristol race... That used to be a damn hard ticket to get and the place looked like it was 25% full...

If they don't change soon they will go under

pugsnotdrugs19 05-04-2018 11:00 AM

He signed with them.