ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Had anyone tried Pack Up & Go trips? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315042)

loochy 04-23-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13527680)
My thoughts exactly !!

OK, then specify a smaller budget you poor, welfare abusing, no job mongrel.

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-23-2018 07:35 AM

The arguments against are pretty much exactly what I initially wrestled with. Then I decided to do something I normally wouldn't by deciding I'm up for anything that particular weekend. My wife is way more excited about this trip than a normal trip. Hopefully her excitement doesn't come crashing down due to a bad trip.

A couple of you have commented on the making memories aspect and that's exactly what this is about.

This is just one of several three or four day trips we're taking this year. As I mentioned before it is hard for me to be gone from the office for more than two consecutive weekdays. We already took a family (youngest is 18) trip to Vegas in early March. We're taking this surprise trip in June. We're going to northern MI with another couple in August. Then we're headed back to Vegas with several friends the week of Halloween. We might even sneak a short Branson trip in there somewhere.

IA_Chiefs_fan 04-23-2018 07:36 AM

And yes I could have have easily chose a budget of $1300, or whatever, instead of $4000.

Bearcat 04-23-2018 08:26 AM

First class round trip from the middle of the country -- ~$1200
A couple nights at a very fancy hotel -- $1000
A couple dinners that are classy as shit -- $500
A few more nice meals and drinks -- $200

Hell, that's almost 3 grand without any entertainment or other transportation... it could obviously be done for less, but once I looked up first class airfare, I changed my mind on how hard it would be to spend that kind of cash on a long weekend if the experience is the priority over cost.

BryanBusby 04-23-2018 08:28 AM

Imagine being enough of a pleb to pay full price for an entire trip.

Crazy.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-23-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13527727)
First class round trip from the middle of the country -- ~$1200
A couple nights at a very fancy hotel -- $1000
A couple dinners that are classy as shit -- $500
A few more nice meals and drinks -- $200

Hell, that's almost 3 grand without any entertainment or other transportation... it could obviously be done for less, but once I looked up first class airfare, I changed my mind on how hard it would be to spend that kind of cash on a long weekend if the experience is the priority over cost.

Thats the thing, they don't really provide you with anything but airfare (and I saw nothing about being first class) and lodging. They suggest things to do there, but don't actually provide it.

loochy 04-23-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 13527740)
Thats the thing, they don't really provide you with anything but airfare (and I saw nothing about being first class) and lodging. They suggest things to do there, but don't actually provide it.

My wife got Uber fare, prepaid meals at some of the local restaurants, and museum tickets.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikeyis4dcats. 04-23-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13527813)
My wife got Uber fare, prepaid meals at some of the local restaurants, and museum tickets.
Posted via Mobile Device

ah, that must be a different company than the one they profiled on TV I followed up on, or a more expensive package

loochy 04-23-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 13527814)
ah, that must be a different company than the one they profiled on TV I followed up on, or a more expensive package

It's the one linked in the OP. She specified a $5000 budget.
Posted via Mobile Device

sedated 04-23-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13526978)
"don't send me to Cleveland"

I'm betting they have heard this request a time or two.

loochy 04-23-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13527881)
I'm betting they have heard this request a time or two.

Actually, before she found out where she was going, I had a running joke with my wife about them sending her to Cleveland. It was the worst vacation spot I could think of. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 04-23-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13527546)
It seems like several people either don't get the fact that it's OP's choice to spend $4k and not the website's cost, or they otherwise aren't really putting that together..... the site has trips for as little as $400, so it's not like "give us $4k and we'll send you anywhere in the US!"

For that budget, I'm sure it'll be DC, NYC, SF, Seattle, San Diego, etc; and if it is somewhere off the radar, it'll still be pretty damn nice.

Will be funny when they send him to STL and he gets three nights at the Four Seasons to chew up a big chunk of that 4k.

Bearcat 04-23-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 13528287)
Will be funny when they send him to STL and he gets three nights at the Four Seasons to chew up a big chunk of that 4k.

"We'll pay the first $2000 of your ambulance ride and medical bills when you get stabbed!"

Kiimo 04-23-2018 04:50 PM

Looking at the map some poor schmuck went to Cincinnati.

I'd demand my money back.

KCUnited 04-23-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13528340)
Looking at the map some poor schmuck went to Cincinnati.

I'd demand my money back.

Tell us about your favorite foods: Mines chili, the wife loves spaghetti!