ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The fascinating potential and unrealistic pressure awaiting Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313158)

notorious 01-11-2018 10:55 AM

He will be stepping into one of the most talented offenses in the NFL. The tools are there.

Rausch 01-11-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13353699)
He will be stepping into one of the most talented offenses in the NFL. The tools are there.

He'll be fine.

As long as Andy remembers to funnel the offense through Hunt and...yeah...we might be ****ed...

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13353670)
I read this on the Star this morning and laughed every time he stated Mahomes had no chance of statistically matching Alex's season next year.

He may throw a few more picks but he will throw more TD's and for more yards. Bank on it.

We have an absurd amount of talent on offense, and it looks like Robinson is going to be a contributor soon. And we get Conley back.

I really think Mahomes could throw 30 TDs in his first season. Especially when 38% of Alex's TDs were on passes thrown under 10 yards. He had SIX TD passes thrown BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

Best22 01-11-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13353486)
why did my wife give birth to a black son?

....I've been working too many hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13353691)
Man, it's pointless to try and even engage in a conversation with some of you...

That's because we aren't arguing with Bronco fans. We don't care

We are arguing with people who think Alex Smith should start next year because Mahomes "will struggle."

Chiefnj2 01-11-2018 11:04 AM

On the plus side, you can see how much of a difference a good QB (with good coaching) can make - Goff, Wentz, Watson. So you have optimism for a quick turnaround.

Negative - Defense looks like a semi-rebuild, coaching needs tons of improvement and you have some new positional coaches, the QB needs a #1 WR.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13353728)
the QB needs a #1 WR.

Reek is absolutely a #1 WR.

He answered that question this year.

RockChalk 01-11-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 13353693)
I know put up 21 pts in those games and home field advantage. He doesn't have to set the world on fire just not go into a shell and disappear.

Home field advantage would have been awesome. We could have lost to New England, Pittsburgh, or Jacksonville this weekend instead.

Rausch 01-11-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13353752)

Problem is we don't have a legit no 2.

I could take Wilson as the slot but we need a legit no 2...

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 01-11-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13353694)
I think Mahomes will have a really good supporting cast next year on offense. He couldn't have it much better really. I will be fine with 15 Ints maybe even 20 but I fully expect the yards and the TDs.

If the defense is above average, which is really an unknown at this point, with a coach like Andy Reid who has a phenomenal track record in the season, I absolutely expect a winning season. At this time though, I wouldnt be expecting to win the division or do anything in the playoffs.

Why are you so convinced that he will be an interception machine? He has never had a problem with interceptions in college or during his time with the Chiefs yet all you worry about is him cutting down his interceptions. Maybe you need to follow Alex to his next team so you won't have to worry about interceptions. Mahomes accuracy is crazy good, he won't throw a lot of interceptions!

staylor26 01-11-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13353728)
On the plus side, you can see how much of a difference a good QB (with good coaching) can make - Goff, Wentz, Watson. So you have optimism for a quick turnaround.

Negative - Defense looks like a semi-rebuild, coaching needs tons of improvement and you have some new positional coaches, the QB needs a #1 WR

He has one :facepalm:

Chiefnj2 01-11-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13353760)
He has one :facepalm:

Nope. A #1 WR doesn't drop half the balls thrown his way in the playoffs.

DRM08 01-11-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13353752)

Tyreek is about 4 inches taller than Pat’s favorite receiver at Texas Tech, midget speedster Jakeem Grant (BAMF in his own right).

ARROW2 01-11-2018 11:21 AM

5=10 for 33 yards, one first down before final drive in the second half and ZERO points. Titans had drops too. mariotta even threw a.....gulp.....pick.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13353766)
Tyreek is about 4 inches taller than Pat’s favorite receiver at Texas Tech, midget speedster Jakeem Grant (BAMF in his own right).

ROFL

Pat got a 5-6/4.38 dude to rack up 3300 yards and 27 TD in college.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Tyreek Hill is going to be a flamethrower.

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN (Post 13353758)
Why are you so convinced that he will be an interception machine? He has never had a problem with interceptions in college or during his time with the Chiefs yet all you worry about is him cutting down his interceptions. Maybe you need to follow Alex to his next team so you won't have to worry about interceptions. Mahomes accuracy is crazy good, he won't throw a lot of interceptions!

Did you watch his debut? He threw a horribly overthrown ball that was picked and made an awful decision that could have easily been another. That's not going to just magically disappear.