ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Sam Darnold is entering the NFL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312853)

RunKC 01-04-2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13329709)
Why not? Are you denying that Dorsey is a capable GM of acquiring talent? When's the last time Cleveland had that?

Hue Jackson is a terrible coach

RunKC 01-04-2018 09:02 AM

Something else to think about: Sam Darnold would be the 2nd youngest QB to start a game since the merger.

Even more reason to get Alex and have him start a year.

Mile High Mania 01-04-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13329885)
Something else to think about: Sam Darnold would be the 2nd youngest QB to start a game since the merger.

I just don't see a team, unless CLE and all those picks wants to do it, that is going to spend a top pick on Darnold and then trade a R2 and something else if that's the going price, for a 1 year Alex.

Mile High Mania 01-04-2018 09:13 AM

I think the Jags are the trading partner... believe I read on here yesterday they an move on from Bortles, take Alex and come out ahead on the cap. They pick late R1, so maybe they give KC their late R2? I dunno... but I think they would be an ideal place for Alex to land and maybe plan for him to play out the next 1-3 years, potentially.

BlackHelicopters 01-04-2018 09:15 AM

Darnold has been underwhelming in games I watched. His O Line was poor. Less than average mobility. The NFL today needs a highly mobile QB.

RunKC 01-04-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13329897)
I just don't see a team, unless CLE and all those picks wants to do it, that is going to spend a top pick on Darnold and then trade a R2 and something else if that's the going price, for a 1 year Alex.

I think it would be a very bad idea for Cleveland to draft Darnold and throw him in there at that age to be the savior.

I see what you’re saying though and it is realistic. I could see a more probable situation of Nagy being hired by a team like Arizona with no QB and taking Alex with him.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-04-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13329885)

He and Rosen both are going to be just 21 throughout their rookie seasons. Crazy.

Mile High Mania 01-04-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13329929)
I think it would be a very bad idea for Cleveland to draft Darnold and throw him in there at that age to be the savior.

I see what you’re saying though and it is realistic. I could see a more probable situation of Nagy being hired by a team like Arizona with no QB and taking Alex with him.

AZ is a player there too.. they pick at 15. So, will be interesting.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-04-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13329709)
Why not? Are you denying that Dorsey is a capable GM of acquiring talent? When's the last time Cleveland had that?

Not at all. But it's going to take more than a GM who acquires talent to maximize the QBs potential.

Just imagine if Cleveland had taken Patrick or Deshaun last year. No way they have as good of an experience their rookie years as they did in KC and Houston. They would have been thrown into the fire by Hue Jackson, only to fail because the team is in such rough shape. The coaching is questionable at best.

Sassy Squatch 01-04-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13329897)

Hue Jackson had to be sabotaged by his prior front office to not give up a 2 and 3 for McCarron. All it takes is 1 dumb and desperate team.

jaa1025 01-04-2018 03:50 PM

I'm so glad the Chiefs drafted Mahomes. This class is severely overrated. The only one I'd even consider with the first pick is Darnold but he'd need a year to sit. Rosen is by far the most polished and ready but his mental makeup, attitude and concussion history scares the hell out of me.

gblowfish 01-04-2018 05:00 PM

I watches his Bowl Game. I was not impressed. He reminded me of Andy Dalton.