ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The NFL Is Seriously Concerned With Empty Stadiums (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310115)

Bewbies 09-15-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&Long (Post 13082481)
AND, I'm told, the Falcons coughed up an additional $700 Million for a roof they can't or don't want to open in fear of not being able to close it again. Arthur Blank must be feeling that one deep in the sphincter.

I read it might be open this weekend. Shocking everyone here.

The Braves got a $650m stadium that opened this year, Falcons got a $1.6B stadium that opened this year, and the Hawks are renovating their newish stadium to the tune of $250M right now.

Tax payers didn't foot all of that, but a big portion. ****ing stupid.

Chief Pagan 09-15-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13082517)
the NFL is largely unwatchable for me anymore.

Hours and hours of commercials,

There is this thing called a DVR... An entire game can be comfortably watched in a little over an hour.

And if you insist on watching live, flip over to the Red Zone for a couple of minutes during commercial break.

Track down a college student and you can get Sunday Ticket streaming for $100.

Skip the pre and post game shows and all the other shows hyping this or that and the actual games are more enjoyable.

OldSchool 09-15-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 13082560)
Also a lot of Millenials are no longer playing football and/or don't give a shit about football.

Soccer is the new cool thing. Basketball has also enjoyed a rise in popularity (I think).

Just Passin' By 09-15-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13082566)
I read it might be open this weekend. Shocking everyone here.

The Braves got a $650m stadium that opened this year, Falcons got a $1.6B stadium that opened this year, and the Hawks are renovating their newish stadium to the tune of $250M right now.

Tax payers didn't foot all of that, but a big portion. ****ing stupid.

At least you got a Chic-Fil-A that is closed for those Sunday football games, though, right?

:thumb:

DaneMcCloud 09-15-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13082448)
Dumbasses with too much money.

There's no such thing as "too much money"

DaneMcCloud 09-15-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&Long (Post 13082460)
Then we know both the Raiders and Rams vacated LA in the 90s because of poor fan support.

Complete and utter bullshit.

It was stadium deals, dummy.

DaneMcCloud 09-15-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13082457)
When you turn on your tv and they're talking about football they're always talking about concussions, sitting during the national anthem, or a team holding a city hostage for money.

Nobody wants to spend a ton of time or money on that shit.

Simple Solution: What the game muted.

I've been doing it for years.

The announcers miss most of the action, anyway, because of their incessant babbling.

DaneMcCloud 09-15-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 13082456)
I've never understood why people would pay that kind of money to watch the game on a TV screen from inside the stadium. Or in a suite, even.

Because it's a different type of environment, usually business related.

I've been to several suites across the country and the one thing in common was that host was more interested in doing business deals than watching the game(s).

Otter 09-15-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 13082407)
I think the worst thing that the NFL did was ever acknowledging any political BS. Think that brought a sour note to the NFL and is also pushing a significant amount of people (mainly SJW millennial/college age types) away from the NFL.

Huge issue as well. Sunday NFL games were a time to have a couple beers with the guys and watch men hit each other. Now, it allowed the asshole uncle who won't shut up about politics at the family picnic to have a loud say on what dictates the flow.</br></br>If the NFL hasn't slayed the goose that layed the golden egg yet they're above the belly button on that cut. And yes, geese have belly buttons in my posts.

Bewbies 09-15-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13082580)
Simple Solution: What the game muted.

I've been doing it for years.

The announcers miss most of the action, anyway, because of their incessant babbling.

It is really amazing how terrible the announcers are now. Unless you get the #1 announcing team (and even then it might climb to ok) mute is a superior option.

I was more referencing ESPN etc in coverage of the NFL. I watch, and the coverage doesn't bother me, other than watching the best professional sports league we have kill itself via a billion cuts.

Bewbies 09-15-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13082574)
At least you got a Chic-Fil-A that is closed for those Sunday football games, though, right?

:thumb:

There are so many events in that place Chick-Fil-A will still serve a ton of sandwiches.

The rest of this year there's something like 3-4 events per week in there.

DaneMcCloud 09-15-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13082586)
It is really amazing how terrible the announcers are now. Unless you get the #1 announcing team (and even then it might climb to ok) mute is a superior option.

I was more referencing ESPN etc in coverage of the NFL. I watch, and the coverage doesn't bother me, other than watching the best professional sports league we have kill itself via a billion cuts.

The only announcing team that I don't mute is when Al Michaels is involved.

Last night, it was Collinsworth and Tirico and while I don't mind either, I prefer to watch the game muted.

But Al Michaels is a living legend that always has such great perspective.

Otter 09-15-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13082591)
The only announcing team that I don't mute is when Al Michaels is involved.

Last night, it was Collinsworth and Tirico and while I don't mind either, I prefer to watch the game muted.

But Al Michaels is a living legend that always has such great perspective.

See Dane, we agree sometimes! :thumb:

3rd&Long 09-15-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13082577)
Complete and utter bullshit.

It was stadium deals, dummy.

Always nice to be welcomed to a board with such well reasoned out candor:clap:

ChiefsCountry 09-15-2017 03:19 PM

That 49er picture was right after halftime kickoff. It says 15:00 on the game clock. I'm sure most are still pissing and getting concessions and working their way back to the seats.