ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: what Clark Hunt needs to do about the attendance decrease (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309371)

Bugeater 08-16-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13017472)
If parking prices are so high, why don't people just Uber or Lyft?

Will Uber or Lyft haul my grill, coolers, chairs, tables and canopy in for me as well?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 08-16-2017 08:10 PM

Strange, I've been to every Chiefs game that they've played in Baltimore or DC since 1999. No matter how good the TV set, nothing beats the energy and excitement of being in the stadium for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13016840)
I've had the Sunday ticket for 7 years and haven't gone to a football game since 2009. The game day experience of paying for overpriced food & drinks, parking, missing half of the afternoon games and all of the other early games because I'm in the stadium and sitting around a bunch of drunks yelling stupid shit is vastly over-rated. I can't believe anyone even goes to games anymore.

DaneMcCloud 08-16-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13018743)
Will Uber or Lyft haul my grill, coolers, chairs, tables and canopy in for me as well?

I think that Uber X will because they're usually Tahoe/Denali type vehicles.

Edit: I just realized that you might be making a funny.

Over my head.

Nickhead 08-16-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 13017828)
Naked cheerleaders.

worst idea ever. we are talking about chiefs cheerleaders :D

Predarat 08-17-2017 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13015880)
Here is what I would do. Take out the upper level end zone suites. Make some sort of club or party pad in those locations.

That looks similar to the Titans stadium, and the problem with that is the open end zone are an escape zone for the noise. Though its been a long time since Titans fans made noise lol.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.ticke...jpg?1427957050

Mojo Jojo 08-17-2017 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13015948)
Here's my take:

1. Lower parking cost (obvious).
2. Restructure the parking lines to give more space for parking to tailgaters. Com
3. Buy giant tarps and put them over the seats until the doors open.
-everybody that went to the playoff game was annoyed with their seat being a cold frozen wet palet bc it went through the cold wet weather for days leading up to the game. People won't want to go to regular season games in December for reasons like that when they can stay at home.
4. Replace the the stadium TV's with bigger newer ones that are the same shape.
5. Just take out the seats in the middle section and make it a giant standing area (see Dallas stadium). Add cool events for kids and adult there.
6. Lower beer/food prices like other NFL teams.

1. Less unshared money to the Chiefs to sign players
2. Just great...lowered prices and now fewer spots...the money to sign players just keeps going away under your plan.
3. I guess you've never done or een this done...it is a two three day procees each way...sure maybe less if you hire more people if possible why not up operating costs while reducing parking income...do you have any business sense?
4. By TV's are you talking about around the concourse areas? Not a bad idea...that's only a few million dollars but so far your least expensive solution.
5. Sorry...just dumb...space for cool events happen outside the stadium
not inside the seating bowl.
6. Once again not a bad idea, but the Chiefs are screwed because the Royals have greater say in the who provide these services for the complex because of more games and there is not space to have two different providers.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-17-2017 07:00 AM

All he has to do is fix the cheerleaders

Eleazar 08-17-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13018743)

After the surge pricing kicks in after the game, it's probably cheaper to drive yourself to the game and pay to park.

TribalElder 08-17-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13015810)
I'm going to raise parking fees to $60.

:clap:

Yep

Spott 08-17-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

I haven't been to Arrowhead since 2006, but I'm guessing the logistics would make it pretty difficult to get rides in and out of there during game time. I would probably consider it if I lived in KC, but I imagine that I would have to walk a ways to meet the Uber driver because the closest they can get to the stadium might be that old Taco Bell up by the highway.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-17-2017 08:58 AM

Pricing

Dayze 08-17-2017 09:39 AM

I also think that what's different today than back in the 90's was options for someones entertainment dollars/budget.
back then, it was only the Chiefs (at least, it seemed like it to me)...and that was it. The Royals weren't good, and there was no DTV/Sunday Ticket/Streaming, and small poor resolution TVs. So GOING to the game was probably the best bet.

Now, the Chiefs are competing for folks' hard earned money that they budget for entertainment, but now they're competing with the likes Kansas Speedway, Royals, SKC, T-Bones, P & L (to an extent), Mavericks (to and extent)etc. Doesn't necessarily have to be happening the same day or even season as Chiefs football.

Most people/families may only have $x in their budget for extra/fun stuff for the entire year, so now they might opt to spend their money and go to things in the Spring or Summer as their 'entertainment', and just stay home in the fall and watch DTV and possibly ST.

My $.02

sedated 08-17-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

1. Tailgating. Where would you setup your stuff if you didn't have a parking space?

2. I believe the sports complex bans Uber and Lyft from entering the lots, they have a deal with Ztrip.

3. It's a giant pain to link up a Ztrip driver with a person/group after a game in a mob of 70K. I tried it once and ended up getting a cab because at least they are recognizable.

4. KC is pretty spread out, and an Uber from most of the 'burbs will run around $30 each way (without surge pricing).

Spott 08-17-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13019473)
1. Tailgating. Where would you setup your stuff if you didn't have a parking space?

2. I believe the sports complex bans Uber and Lyft from entering the lots, they have a deal with Ztrip.

3. It's a giant pain to link up a Ztrip driver with a person/group after a game in a mob of 70K. I tried it once and ended up getting a cab because at least they are recognizable.

4. KC is pretty spread out, and an Uber from most of the 'burbs will run around $30 each way (without surge pricing).

It would be funny to tell the Uber/Lyft/Ztrip driver that you'll be waiting outside the stadium and to look for the guy in a red shirt.

Iowanian 08-17-2017 10:13 AM

If I'm Clark Hunt and Donovan....I'm going to raise parking prices to $60, make tailgating more difficult and less pleasant by having meter readers roam around and reprimand people for having fun. Then, I'm going to disenfranchise the working class people who have filled the stadium rain or shine, win or lose for decades in favor of corporate sponsors and fair weather fans with more disposable income.

Then I'm going to allow the upper deck to become obnoxious enough that fans like me won't bring their kids to sit in that area.