ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pros/Cons of opening against the Patriots? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308022)

crayzkirk 05-31-2017 01:47 PM

Pros: it's the beginning of football season.

Cons: it's the end of baseball season.

prhom 05-31-2017 02:19 PM

Pro: we could beat them in their house in a hard-fought game and set the tone for the season

con: we could beat them in their house and promptly lose he next three games because everyone was so focused on beating the pats they forgot about the eagles, chargers and redskins

el borracho 05-31-2017 04:08 PM

Pros: Defense will keep us in the game
Cons: Another week of Alex fans explaining to us why our anemic offense is everyone's fault but Alex's

Coogs 05-31-2017 04:49 PM

Pros: This 1 game is really worth 2 when it comes to tiebreakers for home field.

Cons: This 1 game is really worth 2 when it comes to tiebreakers for home field.

NWTF 05-31-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12894520)
Pros - get a loss to the Patriots out of the way early.

Cons - take a loss in the season opener

Pretty much. Id even put your Pro as get a tough team out of the way early, win or loose, but not have that high probability loss looming down the road at seasons end.

Youd hate to be tied with the Raiders for division /or (Steelers/Colts/etc playoff positioning) in week 17 and you got the Pats on the road and they got some cupcake.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-31-2017 09:50 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bhzVnF5o5GY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bdj23 05-31-2017 11:38 PM

Pros - prime time game.

Cons - we'll get an early picture of what will likely happen if we make the playoffs.

RippedmyFlesh 06-01-2017 01:31 AM

Pro: Maybe it will take NE a couple of games to get all their new pieces in high gear. I think they will get better as the season goes on. KC will be healthier than any time during the season.

Con: Watching this as a Chiefs fan regardless of outcome. The whole the story is always
about the other team ,which in my opinion started with marty's teams esp Monday night games.
This will be magnified in this game.
Look at the time we beat them it was all Brady is done, what's wrong with NE not the chiefs played good.

BlackOp 06-01-2017 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 12896396)
Pro: Maybe it will take NE a couple of games to get all their new pieces in high gear. I think they will get better as the season goes on. KC will be healthier than any time during the season.

Con: Watching this as a Chiefs fan regardless of outcome. The whole the story is always
about the other team ,which in my opinion started with marty's teams esp Monday night games.
Look at the time we beat them it was all Brady is done, what's wrong with NE not the chiefs played good.

If AS cant make it happen this year...it never will. I didn't think KC was a very good team last year despite their record. They were waiting on Maclin, Houston and Charles..then the defensive injuries and Smith quit running. Hill saved their season...IMO. I thought the 2015 team was better and had momentum.

This is do or die for Alex...he wont find a better situation for the duration of his career. I'm rooting for him...he's had some shitty luck. If you consider having $100 mill at 33 bad luck...

-King- 06-01-2017 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12896405)
If AS cant make it happen this year...it never will. I didn't think KC was a very good team last year despite their record. They were waiting on Maclin, Houston and Charles..then the defensive injuries and Smith quit running. Hill saved their season...IMO. I thought the 2015 team was better and had momentum.

This is do or die for Alex...he wont find a better situation for the duration of his career. I'm rooting for him...he's had some shitty luck. If you consider having $100 mill at 33 bad luck...

But rigged?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC 06-01-2017 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 12896396)

And most Chiefs fans still pound their chest about that meaningless game.. Hell we had pictures of it in the banner of CP for awhile...

Its pathetic that we celebrate meaningless regular season wins like Denver does AFC and Superbowl games...

tatorhog 06-01-2017 09:28 AM

Pro: its not a primetime game in Pitt

Con: high chance of losing because of a crappy Amendola-esque cheap shot or comparably questionable play/call.

Otter 06-01-2017 09:36 AM

Pro: If we win, we just walked into prison then took out the toughest guy on our first day.

Con: If we lose, we'll be walking around the prison yard holding onto the inside-out pocket of the toughest guy in prison until the end of the season.

Dayze 06-01-2017 01:52 PM

Pro: If we win, we just walked into prison then took out the toughest guy on our first day.

Con: If we lose...Jelly, or Syrup.

KChiefs1 06-02-2017 02:05 PM

Pros: No one expects the Chiefs to win.

Cons: No one expects the Chiefs to win.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...647c6b020c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk