ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What team does Alex Smith play for in 2018? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307414)

Titty Meat 04-28-2017 11:05 AM

Any GM who pays a 35 yesr old QB sans Manning 20 mil should be fired. He wont get 20 mil anywhwre and at that age probably wouldnt get a starting QB gig anywhere either.

NWTF 04-28-2017 11:05 AM

retires. Which is the smart decision. Hes not the kind of guy thats going to bounce around the league as a backup to prolong his career another 3-4 years.

Ming the Merciless 04-28-2017 11:07 AM

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

He goes into the CFL and sets a record for completion %

raybec 4 04-28-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12845623)
I hope so. Dont know why people are in a hurry to dump a servicable QB we have our franchise 1st round pick people can stop with the Alex bullshit now.

It's only going to get worse from here, people who spent their time kicking and screaming about Alex in every thread are only going to get louder.

Baby Lee 04-28-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12845668)
It's only going to get worse from here, people who spent their time kicking and screaming about Alex in every thread are only going to get louder.

I suspect that Dorsey and Reid's brainpower superiority over the vocal fanbase will continue apace.

ToxSocks 04-28-2017 11:17 AM

Smith deserves more respect than what he's getting on this forum.

He served his purpose. He came in and stabilized the QB position, something that hasn't been done in KC since Trent Green. He produced winning football, albeit un-flashy. He took this team to the playoffs in multiple seasons and now he'll be a good samaritan and hell develop our QBOTF.

Smith was the perfect QB to bridge the gap between a 2-14 Franchise and what we have today. He served a purpose and he served that purpose perfectly.

Now his time has come, he'll step down no later than the end of this season, and hand over the keys to a winning, loaded football team to our young QBOTF.

Smith deserves to pick where he goes next. Wherever he goes next, he'll do the same thing he did here, and the same he did at the end of his watch in SF.

jspchief 04-28-2017 11:31 AM

Best case scenario imo is Mahomes spends 2 years as backup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Franchise 04-28-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12845688)

He served his purpose. He came in and stabilized the QB position, something that hasn't been done in KC since Trent Green. He produced winning football, albeit un-flashy. He took this team to the playoffs in multiple seasons and now he'll be a good samaritan and hell develop our QBOTF.

Smith was the perfect QB to bridge the gap between a 2-14 Franchise and what we have today. He served a purpose and he served that purpose perfectly.

Now his time has come, he'll step down no later than the end of this season, and hand over the keys to a winning, loaded football team to our young QBOTF.

Smith deserves to pick where he goes next. Wherever he goes next, he'll do the same thing he did here, and the same he did at the end of his watch in SF.

I'm fine with that. I didn't like the value we gave up or the contract he got....but I'm fine with what he did. I said before the draft that if we took Mahomes....that Smith would have all of 2017 from me and that's what I'll give him.

O.city 04-28-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12845688)

I agree. Was trying to articulate this post earlier.

I hope he plays well this year. I like the guy

threebag 04-28-2017 11:41 AM

JFC some of the bullshit spewed on this board is just disgusting. Hopefully when it's time for you ignorant ****s on here to "check out" it's as miserable as your ****ing posts.

The Franchise 04-28-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12845741)
I agree. Was trying to articulate this post earlier.

I hope he plays well this year. I like the guy

It will be interesting to see how Smith does. IIRC....he started out the season pretty well right after Kap was drafted. Maybe with Mahomes behind him....Smith will pull his head out of his ass and take more chances.

temper11 04-28-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12844939)
retires... as well he should.

I'm kinda feelin' this. Only exception to this is if he finds a home with a team that has a reasonable chance at the playoffs - and therefore a chance at a title. I don't seen him playing for a dumpster fire and getting killed for nothing. Not with the multiple concussions he's already had. It's not as if he needs football to keep the money coming in. And he's already proven that he's an effective, qualified QB in the NFL, so the only thing he has left is the ring. He's only playing for a championship at this point, so if the right team isn't there, I think he walks away.

temper11 04-28-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12845746)
It will be interesting to see how Smith does. IIRC....he started out the season pretty well right after Kap was drafted. Maybe with Mahomes behind him....Smith will pull his head out of his ass and take more chances.

He wasn't taking a bunch of "gun-slinger" type chances though after Kap was drafted. He basically played the way he's been playing for KC. I don't expect him to change much of anything this year. Some folks may not like it, but it's been a successful formula.

PAChiefsGuy 04-28-2017 11:59 AM

Alex Smith will probably still be a Chief. Mahomes needs a lot of work. He probably won't be ready for a year or two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12845776)
He wasn't taking a bunch of "gun-slinger" type chances though after Kap was drafted. He basically played the way he's been playing for KC. I don't expect him to change much of anything this year. Some folks may not like it, but it's been a successful formula.

I have to agree with this. I don't think Alex Smith should change his style at this point in his career. We can win with his current style we simply have to improve in other areas, most notably run D.

Alex Smith can still improve but like Reid said he can improve "the little things." You don't want the guy to try to be something he isn't and start throwing a bunch of INTs that cost us games.

temper11 04-28-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12845043)
A 2nd round pick to pay a QB $1.3M per TD pass. Thanks for the laugh.

How much did the Chiefs give up for him? You act as if NFL teams are run by members of CP. They are not. The league values Smith far more than people here do. I just see him retiring outright if it is to a crappy team though.