ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft I think it's going to be Davis Webb. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307270)

RealSNR 04-21-2017 02:58 PM

I also loved how Denis Leary was like, "In Dallas we had running backs and we got rings."

Not by drafting those RBs in the first round, Denis.

KC Hawks 04-21-2017 03:07 PM

I liked how Kevin Costner didn't know who Jacksonville's GM was.

Sorter 04-21-2017 04:16 PM

Reminds me of Foles.

(Not a bad thing).

RealSNR 04-21-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12834467)
Reminds me of Foles.

(Not a bad thing).

POST MORE OFTEN.

There are some super special people running around these days that could use an education from you.

Discuss Thrower 04-21-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12834478)
POST MORE OFTEN.

There are some super special people running around these days that could use an education from you.

This place has ruined enough people. Let Sorter alone.

L.A. Chieffan 04-21-2017 04:39 PM

Why can't we just go for gold and get Watson. What a shot of adrenaline that would be for this franchise.

rico 04-21-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 12834497)
Why can't we just go for gold and get Watson. What a shot of adrenaline that would be for this franchise.

Holy shit, it's good to see you... You were comedy freaking gold during the Cassel era. Your posts would have me laughing to the point of tears during that stretch. Holy shit.

Red Dawg 04-21-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 12834285)
Can he spot a wide open Tyreek Hill streaking down the middle of the field while even with a flat footed safety?

Foles could have but of course we let him walk so we can keep Smiths amazing 1 td per game average.

Tough to find that type of production.

L.A. Chieffan 04-21-2017 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12834562)
Holy shit, it's good to see you... You were comedy freaking gold during the Cassel era. Your posts would have me laughing to the point of tears during that stretch. Holy shit.

Thanks man, wild times. Wild times indeed.

oldman 04-22-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 12834214)
If we don't draft one of the big 3 I vote we don't waste a pick on one of these crap QBs. First round or nothing.

That's exactly the kind of thinking that keeps us with other team's castoffs. Face it, none of the QBs in this round are ready to start, so why does it have to be a 1st to make you happy? I'd much rather take one of these lesser tier guys in the 2nd and see what happens. I won't bore you with where Brees, Brady, Prescott, and a host of others went. They all turned out OK.

RunKC 04-24-2017 07:50 AM

Several scouts told Tom Pelissero they would take Webb over Goff.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPeliss...76612531015680

Such a weak QB class guys LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 04-24-2017 09:15 AM

Like i said, 4 to 5 guys better than Lynch

The Franchise 04-24-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

6. Nathan Peterman, Pittsburgh

Two-year starter for the Panthers after transferring from Tennessee, where he was benched in each of his two starts, the latter in favor of fellow draft prospect Joshua Dobbs. At Pitt, completed 61.1% of his passes for 5,142 yards and 47 touchdowns with 15 interceptions and was 14-10 as the starter. Best prospect from an under-center, pro-style offense in this class. Understands the concepts coming in. Game manager type. Stands 6-2, 226 with 9 7/8-inch hands. Above-average arm. Smart. Good decision-maker.

Projection: Second/third round.
Do. Not. Want.

chiefzilla1501 04-24-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 12835012)
That's exactly the kind of thinking that keeps us with other team's castoffs. Face it, none of the QBs in this round are ready to start, so why does it have to be a 1st to make you happy? I'd much rather take one of these lesser tier guys in the 2nd and see what happens. I won't bore you with where Brees, Brady, Prescott, and a host of others went. They all turned out OK.

No, the kind of thing that keeps us with other teams castoffs is having not drafted a first round qb since 1983. Do you play blackjack? Sure, theres a chance if you hit on 20 you'll get to 21. That doesn't make it a good idea. The qbs are graded first rounders because they are believed to be the highest % chance of succeeding.

QB is a different position because if you don't get it through the draft, it's extremely difficult to find a sb caliber qb in free agency. Because the only qbs who break free are qbs some other team didn't want. We've tried this experiment for several years. Between Croyle, Murray, Hogan, and probably eventually Bray, we'll realize there's a reason most of these QBs fell to the lower rounds. I don't want to take that risk anymore.

I don't want another trent green situation where we failed to bring in a young replacement and spent 10 years with shitty qbs. Draft the best you can get, develop the hell out of him, and if you're unsure about him next year draft another qb.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-24-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12836797)
Do. Not. Want.

Pissing a pick away on Peterman would cause a meltdown beyond words