ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Osweiler + 2nd Round Pick to the Browns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306497)

Tribal Warfare 03-09-2017 03:10 PM

Garrapolo, awaits

Mr. Laz 03-09-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12776361)
Laz tried to make fun of Cleveland for this LMAO

I got a kick out of that

It was my first initial response before all the other information came out.

I realize that it brings you so much joy to try and lecture people about how smarter you are but damn, just let it go.

Discuss Thrower 03-09-2017 03:11 PM

Cleveland can draft a QB and have little pressure to start the guy this year or even the next, letting the best man win out of Osweiler and Kessler.

raybec 4 03-09-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 12776377)
Too bad they're so terrible at drafting.

After making this move and getting better on the O-Line I'm starting to think Sashi Brown and John DePodesta are going to be just fine in the draft

beach tribe 03-09-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12776359)
We would be celebrating if the Chiefs did this. The Browns were going to have to spend a ton to just hit the cap floor. They are still going to have around $90 million to spend, and they have a dozen draft picks this year, and 8 picks in the first four rounds over the next two years.

They could draft multiple QBs and still reload the team up and down the line. Now this is the Browns, so they'll find a way to mess it up, but they are in a tremendous position to rebuild. I wonder how much Paul DePodesta had a hand in this. He's a baseball "Moneyball" guy they brought in to work in football operations.

This is actually the best you could ask for in prepping a rebuild, and I'm sure it was all DePodesta.

It don't mean shit unless you can hit on those picks.

Mr. Laz 03-09-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12776386)
Garrapolo, awaits

You think they are going to do that too?

If so will they keep both on the roster for a season or just cut Osweiller immediately?

The Franchise 03-09-2017 03:12 PM

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Browns are considering releasing Brock Osweiler.
This report comes just 20 minutes after the Browns acquired Osweiler from Houston in a bombshell trade nobody saw coming. It looks like there's a good chance Osweiler will never play a down for Cleveland as the Browns will simply absorb his $16 million salary and move on. Cleveland has all the cap space in the world so the $16 million hit isn't a big deterrent. Perhaps the Browns will package their first-round pick with the 2018 second-rounder they just received from Houston in a trade for Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo.

RealSNR 03-09-2017 03:14 PM

Hey Knowmo, how my ass taste?

I ****ing told you Osweiler sucked. I said it before he was drafted. I said it after. I said it when you posted tweet after tweet about all the wonderful things he did in Donks camp.

Tribal Warfare 03-09-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12776393)
You think they are going to do that too?

If so will they keep both on the roster for a season or just cut Osweiller immediately?

Yep,New England connection

ChiliConCarnage 03-09-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12776394)
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Browns are considering releasing Brock Osweiler.
This report comes just 20 minutes after the Browns acquired Osweiler from Houston in a bombshell trade nobody saw coming. It looks like there's a good chance Osweiler will never play a down for Cleveland as the Browns will simply absorb his $16 million salary and move on. Cleveland has all the cap space in the world so the $16 million hit isn't a big deterrent. Perhaps the Browns will package their first-round pick with the 2018 second-rounder they just received from Houston in a trade for Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo.

If this actually happens how would you feel as Osweiler, lol. Unreal, why wouldn't they at least want to take a look

RunKC 03-09-2017 03:15 PM

Imagine if these morons weren't stupid and drafted Carson Wentz.

Wentz+insane OL+picks in a strong defensive draft

JohnnyHammersticks 03-09-2017 03:15 PM

Giving the Browns more draft picks is like giving a crackhead more crack.

Nothing good will come of it.

Spott 03-09-2017 03:15 PM

That's crazy. Cleveland is either really smart or just plain nuts.

Rooster 03-09-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12776394)

That is some serious 'thinking outside the box' by the Browns if this comes to be. :eek:

staylor26 03-09-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12776388)
It was my first initial response before all the other information came out.

I realize that it brings you so much joy to try and lecture people about how smarter you are but damn, just let it go.

Your post was literally in response to a tweet with all of the information, but ok?