ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ballard Interviewing for Colts GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305500)

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12713570)
Yeah, just googled him and he has just as many haters as Athan does.

A glimmer of hope.

Eh, if he's gone, he's gone.

If it doesn't happen this year, it'll happen next.

It's kind of silly.

Dante84 01-28-2017 12:12 AM

I'm thrilled with how well we've drafted over the past 4 years. I'm also thrilled with how well our Special Teams unit has performed in that time frame.

When you perform well, you rise the ranks and move on. Selfishly, I hope that doesn't happen this year, and will root for it to play out that way.

Hammock Parties 01-28-2017 07:48 PM

Looks like Ballard is leaving and Toub is going with him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing Colts are definitely intrigued by Chiefs personnel man Chris Ballard and his preference would be Chief ST coach Dave Toub as his HC</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/825499974024716293">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kcchiefsus 01-28-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12708912)
Gotta get at least 90% of what the Colts have with Luck. Luck isn't Brady and perhaps will never quite live up to his hype, but he's still 2 years away from being the best QB in the AFC and by a fair amount.

The Chiefs will have to close that gap. As has been noted elsewhere, the key is that they have to get a quarterback that's capable of coming back from mistakes made by his teammates because mistakes will absolutely happen.

Winning games by simply not screwing up isn't going to cut it. They need to acknowledge that screwups happen and get someone under center that's capable of overcoming them.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they realize this and changes are going to be made sooner rather than later. Then again, the last time things looked this obvious the answer was Brady Quinn...

The Chiefs don't have a chance of finding a QB, so it's pretty obvious that we're going to be surpassed pretty quickly by Ballard and Toub in Indy.

Quesadilla Joe 01-28-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana (Post 12714678)
Looks like Ballard is leaving and Toub is going with him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing Colts are definitely intrigued by Chiefs personnel man Chris Ballard and his preference would be Chief ST coach Dave Toub as his HC</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/825499974024716293">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

I thought Pagano was pretty much safe?

I could've swore that I read that the new potential GM's were meeting with Pagono 1 on 1.

tk13 01-28-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12714712)
The Chiefs don't have a chance of finding a QB, so it's pretty obvious that we're going to be surpassed pretty quickly by Ballard and Toub in Indy.

Even if the Chiefs draft 1st round QBs every year for the next decade, there's a pretty solid chance they won't get an Andrew Luck. So if they offer it to Ballard I imagine he's gone. No reason to plow through a bunch of Tannehills and Manziels when you can have Luck, in his prime, handed to you on a platter.

Quesadilla Joe 01-28-2017 08:56 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Colts bringing Chiefs director of personnel Chris Ballard back for a second interview, per Colts source. First candidate to get second int.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/825537884837048321">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

RunKC 01-28-2017 09:00 PM

Colts are about to be the team of the AFC in a couple years when Toub and Ballard build them up

pugsnotdrugs19 01-28-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12714790)
Colts are about to be the team of the AFC in a couple years when Toub and Ballard build them up

Ehh, they'd be lucky in the sense that they have Luck already, but neither has ever performed the job that they would in Indy.

I guess what I'm saying is, most thought Pioli was going to be a mastermind too.

kcchiefsus 01-28-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12714813)
Ehh, they'd be lucky in the sense that they have Luck already, but neither has ever performed the job that they would in Indy.

I guess what I'm saying is, most thought Pioli was going to be a mastermind too.

Just having a QB puts them light years ahead of the Chiefs, and we know the Chiefs won't be able to successfully find a QB.

Chief Northman 01-28-2017 09:58 PM

This sounds like a formality now. Toub will follow Ballard out of town, and the Chiefs will be gutted of two of their "shining stars" on staff. With uncertainty around Dorsey's status after this year, I am sadly convinced that this regime may have already peaked.

The divisional loss to Pittsburgh hurts even more. The Chiefs draft low again, their SOS for next season is a bitch, and by all accounts, the qb position will be status quo. Too many ascending teams in the AFC. The short window the Chiefs had is already closing.

Color me unimpressed.

Hammock Parties 01-28-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12714956)
The short window the Chiefs had is already closing.

Color me unimpressed.

Fear not. The 2018 QB class is on it's way.

Hope will be restored.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-28-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 12714773)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Colts bringing Chiefs director of personnel Chris Ballard back for a second interview, per Colts source. First candidate to get second int.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/825537884837048321">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

Why do you just pop in and post negative Chief news??? Turd.

Chief Northman 01-28-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana (Post 12714966)
Fear not. The 2018 QB class is on it's way.

Hope will be restored.

Well maybe a lacklustre 2017 campaign can yield the Chiefs a pick in the draft where they might actually be in range for a legitimate franchise qb.

Not intrigued by what is available this year - too many warts on all these prospects.

Discuss Thrower 01-28-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12714956)
This sounds like a formality now. Toub will follow Ballard out of town, and the Chiefs will be gutted of two of their "shining stars" on staff. With uncertainty around Dorsey's status after this year, I am sadly convinced that this regime may have already peaked.

The divisional loss to Pittsburgh hurts even more. The Chiefs draft low again, their SOS for next season is a bitch, and by all accounts, the qb position will be status quo. Too many ascending teams in the AFC. The short window the Chiefs had is already closing.

Color me unimpressed.

Can't say people didn't ****ing see any of this coming four years ago. :rolleyes: