ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***THE OFFICIAL THREAD OF CHIEFS PLAYOFF FAILURE RAGE*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305252)

Bewbies 01-15-2017 11:48 PM

Did Herm Edwards have an orgasm watching a team win a game with only FG's?

teedubya 01-15-2017 11:59 PM

I don't have much rage... Just apathy.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

lcarus 01-16-2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 12689948)
I don't have much rage... Just apathy.

That Indy blown lead a few years ago killed my ability to truly give a shit ever again.

jd1020 01-16-2017 12:03 AM

No rage.

I've continued to distance myself more and more from this franchise. They are insane. I can't get behind their thinking of building a winning franchise, it rarely works in the games current state.

This was legitimately the first Chiefs game I've watched since probably week 5 of last year and it went exactly as I expected given the production this offense is able to muster up.

3 years ago I posted that I thought the Cubs were closer to a championship than the Chiefs, because I could see what Theo was building, and at the time the Cubs were dead last in their division and the Chiefs were 2nd and a year removed from the playoffs (the only year in which they havent made the playoffs under this regime.) And guess what...

I refuse to spend money on a team that continues to ignore the ****ing obvious and trot the same garbage out there and parade it around like it actually has a chance beyond a regular season participation trophy. And the less I give a ****, because I already know the end result, the less upset I am when their season ends.

carcosa 01-16-2017 12:07 AM

I'd like to just not think about the Chiefs for a while.

teedubya 01-16-2017 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 12689964)
That Indy blown lead a few years ago killed my ability to truly give a shit ever again.

That is when my fandom died. I can't even anymore.

Rasputin 01-16-2017 12:18 AM

I mostly said all my ****s after the game on the way home from Apple Bees. I'm pretty much ****ed out but I'm sure I will come up with some more ****s and express them.

Rausch 01-16-2017 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12689584)
This team had no business in this game.

This game should have been won.

Period.

This team has more talent WE DON'T USE than many teams have at all.

We don't use Maclin at all and he's a playmaker.

We didn't use Kelcee much (and when we did he was his worst version of himself) or Hill in the offense.

We have Sherman and never considered it might be smart to use him to lead block on running plays.

There is a consistent beat here: what Andy scripts ahead of time works and works great. What he calls in game is shit and bogs our offense down...

stumppy 01-16-2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12690119)
This game should have been won.

Period.

This team has more talent WE DON'T USE than many teams have at all.

We don't use Maclin at all and he's a playmaker.

We didn't use Kelcee much (and when we did he was his worst version of himself) or Hill in the offense.

We have Sherman and never considered it might be smart to use him to lead block on running plays.

There is a consistent beat here: what Andy scripts ahead of time works and works great. What he calls in game is shit and bogs our offense down...

Yup, like I said. We had no business in this game.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-16-2017 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12690192)
Yup, like I said. We had no business in this game.

You are easily a top 10 shit poster on CP

mcaj22 01-16-2017 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12689973)
No rage.

I've continued to distance myself more and more from this franchise. They are insane. I can't get behind their thinking of building a winning franchise, it rarely works in the games current state.

This was legitimately the first Chiefs game I've watched since probably week 5 of last year and it went exactly as I expected given the production this offense is able to muster up.

3 years ago I posted that I thought the Cubs were closer to a championship than the Chiefs, because I could see what Theo was building, and at the time the Cubs were dead last in their division and the Chiefs were 2nd and a year removed from the playoffs (the only year in which they havent made the playoffs under this regime.) And guess what...

I refuse to spend money on a team that continues to ignore the ****ing obvious and trot the same garbage out there and parade it around like it actually has a chance beyond a regular season participation trophy. And the less I give a ****, because I already know the end result, the less upset I am when their season ends.

This is really the nail on the head.

I dont understand how you construct a team that rellies so much on generating points from defense and special teams and not realize that those points are comletely flukey. Our special teams unit has more pressure to hit a home run and our defense has to jump routes because we NEED those points to generate scoring production.

There are some special teams units that dont even try to hit a home run and are told to just not fumble and let the QB take care of it. (Green Bay, Christine Michael literally runs to the center of the 25 and falls down). There are defenses that dont even try for the turnover and just cover for the 3 and out to generate a punt.

The way this current Chiefs has to manufacture toucdowns is based on completely fluke plays. They are basically admitting their handicap at QB to generate 6 points. Ball control and hope the other team makes a mistake. Thats such a terrible way to play in the current NFL state of pass happy offenses where its very easy to rack up yards and move the ball.

Its basically the 2005 (or whatever year they got to a Supet Bowl with Grossman/Orton) Bears team that relied on Hester and Peanut Tillman except we didnt have an Urlacher to carry us at MLB

CoMoChief 01-16-2017 01:39 AM

Same ol ****ing postseason Chiefs failures

Finally realized you just can't take this team seriously as a true contender.

You can't do it.

They're good enough to beat most of the average to bad teams, unless they put up a collective shitting of the pants effort like this game. Chiefs once again ran into another team w/ a superior QB and lost. This game had a very Tampa/Tennessee feel to it. Just incompetency everywhere you look. Bad coaching and clock mgmt from Reid, shitty decisions and poor passing from Smith, even worse catching from our the receivers and backs, an inconsistent Oline, a swiss cheese front 7, invisible probowl pass rushers and shitty ST play. Houston in coverage vs Brown LMAO i mean WTF was going on tonight?

duncan_idaho 01-16-2017 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12689973)
No rage.

This is me to a tee.

It's not worth investing much care in the Chiefs until they actually try to address the position that matters most: QB.

When they stop making safe, caretaker choices, I'll start actually caring again. Until then, I know how the playoff story is going to end for the Chiefs, unless they are facing a shit-tier QB, of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimBone 01-16-2017 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12690343)
This is me to a tee.

It's not worth investing much care in the Chiefs until they actually try to address the position that matters most: QB.

When they stop making safe, caretaker choices, I'll start actually caring again. Until then, I know how the playoff story is going to end for the Chiefs, unless they are facing a shit-tier QB, of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 12690274)
This is really the nail on the head.

I dont understand how you construct a team that rellies so much on generating points from defense and special teams and not realize that those points are comletely flukey. Our special teams unit has more pressure to hit a home run and our defense has to jump routes because we NEED those points to generate scoring production.

There are some special teams units that dont even try to hit a home run and are told to just not fumble and let the QB take care of it. (Green Bay, Christine Michael literally runs to the center of the 25 and falls down). There are defenses that dont even try for the turnover and just cover for the 3 and out to generate a punt.

The way this current Chiefs has to manufacture toucdowns is based on completely fluke plays. They are basically admitting their handicap at QB to generate 6 points. Ball control and hope the other team makes a mistake. Thats such a terrible way to play in the current NFL state of pass happy offenses where its very easy to rack up yards and move the ball.

Its basically the 2005 (or whatever year they got to a Supet Bowl with Grossman/Orton) Bears team that relied on Hester and Peanut Tillman except we didnt have an Urlacher to carry us at MLB

I hate that all of this is so true.....but god damn, man...it's so true.

Tribal Warfare 01-16-2017 02:55 AM

It's not all bad we still have the Royals