ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football It's Raiders Week!!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302727)

Bowser 10-10-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 12475618)
This is a big game. With the Donks loss the division is still in play which to listen and read about it the Donks already had it locked up.

We're only a quarter way through the season, but this is right. This game for the Chiefs has a real "fork in the road" feel to it, especially coming off the ass beating we got in Pittsburgh. Lose this game, and it could start a spiral. Win this game, and we can build momentum.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-10-2016 12:09 PM

We're only 1.5 point dogs in most places, which means Vegas gives us the edge on a neutral field...

Look, this game to me just lines up really well for us. History tells me to expect the Chiefs to win.

For one, you've got Reid and that post-bye week record which is insanely good. That's no coincidence.

Then you take into account that the Chiefs just got their asses handed to them on national TV, and they're going to have something to prove in a divisional game. Defensively, Oakland has been a sieve and this will be a good opportunity to get the offense rolling and hopefully re-establish their identity by running the football to open up the passing game and allow Smith to use his legs more again. This may be the first game we've seen where Charles, Ware, and West are all available for the offense and get work. That could be an a big boost. Offensively, Oakland looks good but again, the defense should have plenty to prove this week and I think they should play pretty well...

Chiefs 30, Raiders 17. Rebound game. Charles houses a 40 yard score late in the 4th to seal the win.

And no, I'm still not sold on us being a SB contender until proven otherwise, but this is how I see this week going.

New World Order 10-10-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12475812)
We're only 1.5 point dogs in most places, which means Vegas gives us the edge on a neutral field...

Look, this game to me just lines up really well for us. History tells me to expect the Chiefs to win.

For one, you've got Reid and that post-bye week record which is insanely good. That's no coincidence.

Then you take into account that the Chiefs just got their asses handed to them on national TV, and they're going to have something to prove in a divisional game. Defensively, Oakland has been a sieve and this will be a good opportunity to get the offense rolling and hopefully re-establish their identity by running the football to open up the passing game and allow Smith to use his legs more again. This may be the first game we've seen where Charles, Ware, and West are all available for the offense and get work. That could be an a big boost. Offensively, Oakland looks good but again, the defense should have plenty to prove this week and I think they should play pretty well...

Chiefs 30, Raiders 17. Rebound game. Charles houses a 40 yard score late in the 4th to seal the win.

And no, I'm still not sold on us being a SB contender until proven otherwise, but this is how I see this week going.

I said it before, I think Alex should play better this weekend.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-10-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12475828)
I said it before, I think Alex should play better this weekend.

There's no doubt man.

We've all accepted that week 4 was complete dogsh*t. It was. We can't do any worse.

But sometimes that's exactly what a stagnant team needs. A swift kick in the sack to create a sense of urgency. Their quality of play against Pittsburgh or lackthereof has forced the issue. They know that they can never allow that to happen again.

Everyone on the team has to focus on doing their job better than ever. Coaches have to adjust and get back to what works. The players have to elevate.

I'm not comparing us to New England at all, because we don't have Bill or Tom, but what we did to them 2 years ago changed everything for them. We made them coach and scheme as good as they ever did, and that's what our guys have to do now.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2016 12:24 PM

Every shred of logical reasoning says we get our ass kicked.

Winning team, playmaking QB, on the road, 0-6 after losing by 10+.

Call me Spock.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-10-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12475858)
Every shred of logical reasoning says we get our ass kicked.

Winning team, playmaking QB, on the road, 0-6 after losing by 10+.

Call me Spock.

Oakland could be 2-3 just as easily as San Diego could be 4-1 or 5-0 right now.

They've been on the right side of some luck so far, and maybe that'll keep up, but they aren't kicking anyone's ass.

In58men 10-10-2016 12:28 PM

I wish we didn't have Alex Smith. Just knowing he's our commander doesn't pump me up for the game. Derek Anderson is going to look better than him tonight. Bank on it.

Molitoth 10-10-2016 12:30 PM

Stuck watching Alex Cassel, a lot of Chiefs fan no longer give a shit what week it is.

POND_OF_RED 10-10-2016 12:32 PM

Perfect timing for a healthy JC
http://4ca03fhcpiv4bsn7vbg2ef11td.wp...6340465454.jpg

RunKC 10-10-2016 01:00 PM

They'll come out with something to prove after that horrible loss in Pitt. Oakland's OL looked really bad from the games I saw and their defense is awful.

This seems like a decent matchup for us, but it will be a close game. It's up to Andy to run the freaking ball.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12475908)
Oakland's OL looked really bad from the games I saw

Their OL is really good. Carr has been sacked 5 times this year.

Quote:

6. Oakland Raiders (5th)

Pass blocking rank: 3rd

Run blocking rank: 15th

Penalties rank: 28th

Stud: Second-year guard Gabe Jackson (89.1) has stepped up his game in a big way this year.

Dud: Right guard J’Marcus Webb (39.6) has had a rough time of things at right guard.

Summary: This line sums up the Raiders’ transformation under Reggie McKenzie. Good drafting and shrewd free agent pickups have given this offense the platform to succeed.

Chief Pagan 10-10-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 12475491)
People still call it Raider Deplorable week?

Why yes, they do.

Chief Pagan 10-10-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12475527)
I have a feeling we're going to get raped.

If only we still had Shaun Smith.

Our D could grab 'em by the pussy...

Simply Red 10-10-2016 01:49 PM

No divisional game opponent will see the Pitt game Chiefs - I'm not saying it's not possible - but HIGHLY unlikely.

Simply Red 10-10-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 12475688)
6-3 KC win with a 58 yard field by Santos.

haha