ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bob Sutton isn't the problem (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302642)

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12468539)
Yeah I'm not judging Jones, but we're sitting here talking about the lack of depth at CB and pass rusher while the Chiefs highest draft pick this year is averaging 20 snaps per game.

And it's not like the CB issue came out of nowhere. I'm not the only one that said that the loss of Smith left nothing but unknown players at the position... now people want to say playing a rookie CB is an excuse, like the organization isn't responsible for the team having nothing but a rookie to put out there.

Yet the Chiefs had six interceptions against the Jets, including an interception by a 6th round pick this year.

The Chiefs are only 4 games into the season, while easing back their most needed players on defense in Gaines and Hali, all the while, waiting the return of Justin Houston. Eric Berry is still getting back into football shape, too.

Don't fall into the Claynus hole.

Hammock Parties 10-05-2016 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12468545)
easing back their most needed players on defense in Gaines and Hali, all the while, waiting the return of Justin Houston. Eric Berry is still getting back into football shape, too.

And yet some of us were derided for saying these players wouldn't be at 100% to start this season, and the team would suffer for it.

Shocking that we're now in agreement so it can be used as an excuse. ROFL

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2016 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12468573)
And yet some of us were derided for saying these players wouldn't be at 100% to start this season, and the team would suffer for it.

Shut the **** up, you gigantic, weeping ****.

The ban hammer can't come soon enough.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 10-06-2016 12:38 AM

Quote:

Yeah I'm not judging Jones, but we're sitting here talking about the lack of depth at CB and pass rusher while the Chiefs highest draft pick this year is averaging 20 snaps per game.

And it's not like the CB issue came out of nowhere. I'm not the only one that said that the loss of Smith left nothing but unknown players at the position... now people want to say playing a rookie CB is an excuse, like the organization isn't responsible for the team having nothing but a rookie to put out there.

We are criticizing Jones' snap count when he's playing behind Poe, Bailey, and Howard? Are you kidding me?? We drafted a CB number one a year ago and Sutton had Nelson and Gaines going into the season ...

This place can get straight illogical at times

TigeRRUppeRRcut 10-06-2016 12:40 AM

Quote:

You really have zero clue about football. Don't understand strategy, personnel, technique, basically nothing. Just stick to making gifs and being a complete tool on this board.

jspchief 10-06-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12468595)
We are criticizing Jones' snap count when he's playing behind Poe, Bailey, and Howard? Are you kidding me?? We drafted a CB number one a year ago and Sutton had Nelson and Gaines going into the season ...

This place can get straight illogical at times

I'm not criticising Jones' snap count. I'm criticizing the front office decision to use their highest draft pick on a backup when pass rusher and CB were known needs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 10-06-2016 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12468605)
I'm not criticising Jones' snap count. I'm criticizing the front office decision to use their highest draft pick on a backup when pass rusher and CB were known needs.

They had 3 developing CB's and thought they had found someone when they drafted Russell... Jones was the right pick. Imaging going into next season with a hole in your DL or no depth. Far worse problem especially when you consider our run defense has been lacking for 3 years now

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2016 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12468605)

Which 2016 CB is kicking ass?

WJIII is on IR. Vonn Bell, who I liked, hasn't done dick for NO, one of the worst defenses in the league.

Eli Apple was inactive against the Vikings in a loss Monday night. Jalen Ramsey plays for a terrible defense and a 1-3 shit team with 16 special teams tackles.

Need I go on?

Chief Northman 10-06-2016 01:31 AM

Quote:

Wrong again.

Many uttered concern over an aging Hali, an absent Berry in training camp, kid gloves with the likes of Charles and Gaines and a young secondary. The majority were saying 2-2 going into the bye week was realistic if not likely.

Why you and others may have been "derided" as you say has everything to do with the delivery, and less to do with the substance.

Any supportive or positive posts regarding the team you classify under "HOMER", while anything that magnifies the teams flaws you celebrate and cherry pick with your predictable "I told you so" childish behaviour. Anybody can be a fence-sitter.
You have made this your calling card.

Anyong Bluth 10-06-2016 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12467147)
Nonsense.

The Chiefs took the advice of the best sports surgeon in the world.

Doctors aren't infallible.

Thank you. This was discussed at length and 2 docs, my best friend and father, also a trained orthopod, explained it concisely about his injury and surgery timeline. The organization didn’t screw up.
You don't invest 50 - 60 million in something or someone and ignore that investment!

Anyong Bluth 10-06-2016 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12467287)
It's not a surprise to people who complained about not doing anything for our secondary or pass rush before the season even started.

With what $$?

Anyong Bluth 10-06-2016 01:53 AM

Quote:

How'd they look @ GB last year under pretty much the same circumstances?

Too bad it never got better when the starters got back or put together a string of wins.

Beef Supreme 10-06-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12468609)
They had 3 developing CB's and thought they had found someone when they drafted Russell... Jones was the right pick. Imaging going into next season with a hole in your DL or no depth. Far worse problem especially when you consider our run defense has been lacking for 3 years now

I don't have to imagine going into next season with a hole in the D-line. I can experience it in real time right now. Every team with a pulse has gashed us right up the gut in the run game.

Chiefnj2 10-06-2016 09:33 AM

No pass rush + inexperienced secondary = big problems for any team.

King_Chief_Fan 10-06-2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12468613)
Wrong again.

Many uttered concern over an aging Hali, an absent Berry in training camp, kid gloves with the likes of Charles and Gaines and a young secondary. The majority were saying 2-2 going into the bye week was realistic if not likely.

Why you and others may have been "derided" as you say has everything to do with the delivery, and less to do with the substance.

Any supportive or positive posts regarding the team you classify under "HOMER", while anything that magnifies the teams flaws you celebrate and cherry pick with your predictable "I told you so" childish behaviour. Anybody can be a fence-sitter.
You have made this your calling card.

Good punch in the crotch to that knuckle head