ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should NFL Players get Paid More? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299683)

eDave 05-03-2016 02:07 PM

I remember when the Royals won the WS in 85. At that time there was some sort of competition on TV that pitted them and the Superbowl champs that year in a head-to-head competion. Tug of war, track and field, strength, etc.

Royals won.

Details might be a bit fuzzy.

Mr. Laz 05-03-2016 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12214071)
Whatever makes you happy. Keep on hatin' on.

That is the motto that Belichek has designation for the organization.

Amnorix 05-03-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12214085)
I don't acknowledge cheaters...welp sorry

Like the Chiefs, you mean? The whole tampering thing... Just terrible.

:p

Amnorix 05-03-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12214123)
That is the motto that Belichek has designation for the organization.

As if Belichick gives a damn about anyone's opinion, or "mottos"... ROFL

Amnorix 05-03-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12214118)
I remember when the Royals won the WS in 85. At that time there was some sort of competition on TV that pitted them and the Superbowl champs that year in a head-to-head competion. Tug of war, track and field, strength, etc.

Royals won.

Probably a variant of the old "Battle of the Stars" things they used to do. I remember athletes would sometimes be included, so yeah, definitely possible.

Rain Man 05-03-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12214118)

Royals won.

I used to enjoy those shows. Some would have athletes and some would have TV stars. I remember one of the athlete shows, though, and they had a bunch of skills-based contests in the competition - things like tennis and bowling. The winner was some male volleyball player who apparently played a lot of different sports, so he was good enough at the skills-based stuff to pull away from the pack.

eDave 05-03-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12214133)
Probably a variant of the old "Battle of the Stars" things they used to do. I remember athletes would sometimes be included, so yeah, definitely possible.

That's definitely it. The interesting part was the Royals just yanked them into the water in tug-of-war. IIRC it was pretty even up to that point.

Though this has nothing really to do with which sport is harder. I was just surprised by it.

Toby Waller 05-03-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12213990)
Smelly every one should be paid more....except entertainers and "athletes who are also actors"

sure but thats only because we somehow made money a thing and people evaluate their lives with it and have to use it for health etc.

I know,thats way too far off topic lol :)

jspchief 05-03-2016 08:39 PM

Play 82 games per year and you can start asking for NBA pay.

Couch-Potato 05-03-2016 08:46 PM

I think you could argue that NFL players should have a considerably higher % of the leagues revenue distributed to them than NBA and MLB, due to the following: The low volume of games VS higher probability of injury, there are less players available world wide that can play quality football as apposed to the fore mentioned sports, avg career length is less in NFL and risk of injury is high, and certainly because there are so many players on a roster.

Cough it up Goodell !!!

DaneMcCloud 05-03-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 12214878)
I think you could argue that NFL players should have a considerably higher % of the leagues revenue distributed to them than NBA and MLB, due to the following: The low volume of games VS higher probability of injury, there are less players available world wide that can play quality football as apposed to the fore mentioned sports, avg career length is less in NFL and risk of injury is high, and certainly because there are so many players on a roster.

Cough it up Goodell !!!

You're a drooling Mongo that shouldn't be allowed to start threads

ThaVirus 05-03-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12213840)
Hitting a baseball and pitching takes more skill than football. Playing basketball is more athletic and more skills than football. Football is more dangerous, but for the most part it doesn't take the skill as baseball and basketball.

NFL players are more athletic than NBA players on average. They're stronger, faster and even jump higher which shocks a lot of people.

chiefzilla1501 05-03-2016 08:59 PM

Being an owner is the greatest job in the world.

Taxpayers pay for your facility
You can bully the city to build you a completely new facility with the primary intent of making yourself (not the city) more money
And you're allowed to cap your highest paid employees' wages

And every time you provide the team these benefits, the money goes basically directly to the owner.

And to top it all off, people are outraged about the PLAYERS making too much money while the owner rakes in way more dough than he actually deserves.

-King- 05-03-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12213840)
Hitting a baseball and pitching takes more skill than football. Playing basketball is more athletic and more skills than football. Football is more dangerous, but for the most part it doesn't take the skill as baseball and basketball.

In what way doesn't it take the skill?
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13 05-03-2016 09:04 PM

I don't know if they should make more money, but I thought it was amazing a few years ago when the owners locked them out to get a bigger piece of the pie and nobody batted an eye. NFL owners can pretty much do whatever they want. People are crazy about football.