ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Getting around MLB.TV local blackouts? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299001)

L.A. Chieffan 04-10-2016 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 12170558)
Totally works. Thanks for all the suggestions in this thread. Watched the Royals with a pretty good picture.

I have a firestick, how did you get it to work?

DaFace 04-10-2016 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12170656)
Weird. No idea you could do that. How much random bullshit do you hear from the stands?

It's about the same volume of crowd noise that you hear during a typical broadcast - it's just that they've removed the commentary entirely. If you crank the volume a bit, you can get a little more of a "being there" feel, but it still sounds pretty remove and muffled.

It'd be handy for NFL games when the announcers suck ass though.

baitism 04-10-2016 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 12166334)
How exactly did you get Unlocator to work on your Roku?

Unlocator's website has the setup. But, as mentioned, you have to change the DNS of the router. Also, make sure DNS relay is disabled or your ISPs DNS is automatically made yours. Be aware that if you try to use a laptop on the network, you still have to make the laptop's DNS addresses the same as the routers.

https://unlocator.com/setup/

duncan_idaho 04-10-2016 07:58 AM

Somewhat related:

Anyone else with Google Fiber having trouble (as in not able, at all) using the FoxSportsGo app to stream games?

Thought that was a "go" this year, but FoxSportsMidwest does not show up for me on the app after signing in with our Google account.

sedated 04-11-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 12170909)
Unlocator's website has the setup. But, as mentioned, you have to change the DNS of the router. Also, make sure DNS relay is disabled or your ISPs DNS is automatically made yours. Be aware that if you try to use a laptop on the network, you still have to make the laptop's DNS addresses the same as the routers.

https://unlocator.com/setup/

This was the way to go, thanks for everyone that mentioned Unlocator.

I couldn't do it on my Google Fiber router, so bought a cheap one from the list on their site. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to computers but got it all setup in about 30 mins and streamed the game Saturday with no issues.

Luckily I'm dealing with Roku so don't have to mess with "matching DNS" issues.

kcfanXIII 04-11-2016 11:06 AM

Black out rules are stupid. I signed up for mlb.tv last year, and I demanded my money back when it became clear to me I wouldn't get the Royals' broadcast. I keep talking about cutting the cord, but FSN has given me yet another reason to keep spending way too much for tv I barely watch. FoxSportsGo will carry Royals broadcasts that are on their network (around 150 of 162 games I believe), you just need a valid provider log in.

007 04-11-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 12172826)
Black out rules are stupid. I signed up for mlb.tv last year, and I demanded my money back when it became clear to me I wouldn't get the Royals' broadcast. I keep talking about cutting the cord, but FSN has given me yet another reason to keep spending way too much for tv I barely watch. FoxSportsGo will carry Royals broadcasts that are on their network (around 150 of 162 games I believe), you just need a valid provider log in.

Thats what pisses me off. Let me pay for the game access online. Don't make me subscribe to hundreds of channels I will never ever watch just to get the one I will

kcfanXIII 04-11-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12172913)
Thats what pisses me off. Let me pay for the game access online. Don't make me subscribe to hundreds of channels I will never ever watch just to get the one I will

I agree, but the streaming on FoxSPortsGo is a step in the right direction. Cable companies will cling to their dated model for as long as they can. If MLB.TV will lift their black out rules, then that would be the ultimate.

sedated 04-14-2016 01:46 PM

This is in the Royals thread, but Sling will be offering a package with Fox Sports Midwest.

SPchief 04-14-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12170920)
Somewhat related:

Anyone else with Google Fiber having trouble (as in not able, at all) using the FoxSportsGo app to stream games?

Thought that was a "go" this year, but FoxSportsMidwest does not show up for me on the app after signing in with our Google account.

Worked just fine for me last night mirroring to my GF's tv from my phone.

Along that line, she's a cards fan (yuck) anyone know if she gets mlbtv if she'll get the cards games or are they blacked out here in KC?

-King- 04-14-2016 02:51 PM

Got free MLB.tv on my phone because I have tmobile. It's a waste because I have no interest in watching any team other than the Royals.

sedated 04-15-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 12178629)
Worked just fine for me last night mirroring to my GF's tv from my phone.

Along that line, she's a cards fan (yuck) anyone know if she gets mlbtv if she'll get the cards games or are they blacked out here in KC?

I would be surprised if Cardinals games were blacked out in KC.

teedubya 04-15-2016 02:50 PM

Fox Sports Go, solves this issue, btw.

sedated 04-15-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 12180596)
Fox Sports Go, solves this issue, btw.

1) you have to have a cable account to login 2) their streaming has been ass the few times Ive experienced it.

SPchief 04-15-2016 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 12180080)
I would be surprised if Cardinals games were blacked out in KC.

Thanks