ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How Alex Smith and the Chiefs turned a season around (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297263)

New World Order 01-07-2016 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shekelsteinberg (Post 12004488)
We know his limitations and he is playing through them, should be happy for him and the team.

He is playing far above your expectations of him, and you still won't give him any credit.

c'mon that's ****ed up.

No he's not. He's 20th in tds and yards. He did the same thing last year.

O.city 01-07-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12004757)
One outlier game defines his career? I'm not drinking that considering what he's done, and the Chiefs still lost to the Colts.

Everyone is going full True Fan

Not really.

You're just digging in, not changing anno pinion based on new evidence

O.city 01-07-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12004758)
No he's not. He's 20th in tds and yards. He did the same thing last year.

As milkman says, stats mean jack.

Also, they're like 28th in the league in pass attempts so that's a little skewed.

JF08 01-07-2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shekelsteinberg (Post 12004726)

GREAT article!

milkman 01-07-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12004724)
I thought the standard around here was that, no matter how bad an OL is, a QB worth his salt will always be able to perform well and light up the score board in spite of them?

That is the standard, when you have weapons that get "NFL" open that allows the QB to get out.

That said, Alex Smith is raising the level of the line in front of him over the last 10 games with his legs and his decision making.

I have been highly critical of his game the past.

But he is playing good ball right now, and I think I have been fair about it.

Eleazar 01-07-2016 10:20 AM

This is not well received because it contradicts the CP brain trust's talking points about Smith, but obviously the more control Pederson has of the offense and the more control Smith has at the line of scrimmage, the better the team's fortunes have been. And the more they open up the offense and let Smith throw the football (not sideways), the higher the team's fortunes climb.

The main problem was Reid. When he started getting out of the way, the team began to ascend.

KCSLC2008 01-07-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12004757)
One outlier game defines his career? I'm not drinking that considering what he's done, and the Chiefs still lost to the Colts.

Everyone is going full True Fan

Playoff games are outliers. I mean they are 1-4 games versus 16 games in a season. Add years that you don't go to the playoffs and years that you don't advance in the playoffs, playoff games are rare, outliers. If they weren't another animal, season on the line, you wouldn't get the criticisms of Andy Dalton, you would just hear about his career winning percentage and division titles or number of playoff appearances.

In three playoff games, Smith had two good to great games and one ehh to ok game. 2:1 ratio. It's a small sample size but it's more likely that the former would be expected. I don't expect a great game by Smith, but his approach was different enough in the 2013 Colts game and this season that I expect a good showing by him. If the defense shows up in the second half of the game, like they have multiple times this season, I expect a win.

ThaVirus 01-07-2016 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 12004068)
This cannot be said enough. There is one truly elite QB right now, and that's Tom Brady. Every other QB (even Rodgers) is showing that they aren't good enough to carry a team.

Tom Brady has looked like shit lately, honestly.

Rodgers is having a down year but have you looked at his dogshit team?

Russell Wilson, Cam Newton and Carson Palmer are all having elite seasons.

ThaVirus 01-07-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12004724)
I thought the standard around here was that, no matter how bad an OL is, a QB worth his salt will always be able to perform well and light up the score board in spite of them?

I don't think anyone outside of Clay and his lackeys would argue that. Most would say a great QB is the best kind of deodorant.

threebag 01-07-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12002949)
When his followers intimate that he's a Franchise QB which they often do then it becomes delusions of grandeur.

He's too hesitant and plays not to lose, which is the reason he can't keep up with the elite QBs in the league when it's a high scoring game.

kept up just fine against the colts

Renegade 01-07-2016 10:56 AM

One thing I have been wondering. During our current 10 game winning streak, how much % have we played with a lead, and what % have we had to come from behind? It seems our best chance to win is score first and play tough defense. If we are down by 10+ points in the 4th quarter, do we have what it takes to win?

RunKC 01-07-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12004956)
Tom Brady has looked like shit lately, honestly.

Rodgers is having a down year but have you looked at his dogshit team?

Russell Wilson, Cam Newton and Carson Palmer are all having elite seasons.

Posters get pissed when Andy likes fatties but fail to see that almost all of thes QB's have struggled mightily when their OL's struggled.

Brady and Rodgers look average compared to there normal selves. Alex looks better than last year.

Hmmm. I wonder why

threebag 01-07-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12003878)
Yep. While I'd love for us to be the first 19-0 team and do it winning by 40 points every game, it just doesn't happen in the NFL.

only on CP...

ToxSocks 01-07-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12004928)
This is not well received because it contradicts the CP brain trust's talking points about Smith, but obviously the more control Pederson has of the offense and the more control Smith has at the line of scrimmage, the better the team's fortunes have been. And the more they open up the offense and let Smith throw the football (not sideways), the higher the team's fortunes climb.

The main problem was Reid. When he started getting out of the way, the team began to ascend.

Outside of a few comments made here and there about Pederson calling plays once in awhile, there's nothing to support this theory. Reid said they took the reigns off Smith, that doesn't make it Pederson's idea. This idea that "Reid" got out of the way is ridiculous. This is Reid's offense and he still calls the plays.

Shekelsteinberg 01-07-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12004928)

Very true.