ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey Appreciation Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=296501)

Chiefs Pantalones 12-05-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11929607)
NFC Title Game:

The 49ers converted just one of 13 third downs all game, with the only conversion coming on the final play of regulation, leaving plenty of blame to go to players besides Williams.

"We all know him," Smith said. "We know how committed he is to winning. It's not on him. I look at the 1-for-13 on third downs. I know he's going to feel bad, but he's still part of our team. We didn't lose the game there. We lost it across the board offensively. We just couldn't get it done."

The 49ers were ranked 31st I believe in 3rd down conversion % during the regular season and last amonsgt every playoff team at seasons end.

Fairplay 12-05-2015 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11929389)
I can't drive without a car, but that doesn't mean I should go out and buy a piece of shit.

I can't **** without a girl, but that doesn't mean I should go to McDonalds and hit on the first 300-pound babe I see.

This is a good post.

BigCatDaddy 12-05-2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11928927)
His biggest error will start tomorrow and have a chance to show us what he's got.

Imagine if Dee has a good game tomorrow?

He has had 10 years in the league to show us what he's got. It ain't much.

bricks 12-05-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11929042)
Where was that winning culture during the 5 game losing streak?

Youre not looking at this the right way.

I'm looking at this from a record perspective. Which is what you need to do to determine if you're winning more or losing more. What side is the pendulum of your team on? The winning side or losing side? If it on the winning side that more you have a winning culture and if it's on the losing side you have a losing culture

Chiefs have played a total of 47 games since Reid and Dorsey arrived in 2013 and have a record of 26-17. I think the pendulum has swung more on that winning side. Records tell you who you are. We are winners!

Bearcat 12-05-2015 11:14 PM

blackandwhiteplanet

bricks 12-05-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11929759)
blackandwhiteplanet

Put the two together and we have shades of grey

RunKC 12-05-2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11929736)
He has had 10 years in the league to show us what he's got. It ain't much.

Didn't realize Dee Ford was in the NFL for 10 years..

Direckshun 12-06-2015 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11929252)
0 QBs drafted
0 playoff wins
0 respect

Aaron Murray says hi.

Mother****erJones 12-06-2015 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11929252)
0 QBs drafted
0 playoff wins
0 respect

Aaron Murray was drafted.

Mother****erJones 12-06-2015 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11929389)
I can't drive without a car, but that doesn't mean I should go out and buy a piece of shit.

I can't **** without a girl, but that doesn't mean I should go to McDonalds and hit on the first 300-pound babe I see.

God really created a whiny little girl with you. Coward.

GloryDayz 12-06-2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11929759)
blackandwhiteplanet

Meh, I think holding off on lathering over his accomplishments until he cobbles-together a playoff win is pretty middle ground.

Rausch 12-06-2015 08:37 AM

Much like the start of this season I didn't like much Dorsey did his first two years.

That's done and over.

This season there's very little I can see that he did wrong. I thought he was excellent in the draft (and who really argues over 6th/7th round picks?) Bringing in guys like West and Ware probably saved this season for us. Maclin has added a new dimension to the offense (even if he doesn't get the ball enough.)

This team isn't perfect but you can't fix everything wrong with a team in 1 offseason...

chiefzilla1501 12-06-2015 09:28 AM

Dorsey has learned on the job. He has pretty mediocre drafts year 1 and 2. Way overpaid on several contracts early on. However, I thought he handled the Houston contract very well and his draft this year is looking brilliant. Consistently, he's been outstanding with low draft picks, undrafted rookies, and the cheap free agent reject pile. Unbelievably successful, in fact. My only big beef with him is, regardless of your opinion on Alex Smith, he should have drafted Bridgewater last year.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 12-06-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11930061)
Dorsey has learned on the job. He has pretty mediocre drafts year 1 and 2. Way overpaid on several contracts early on. However, I thought he handled the Houston contract very well and his draft this year is looking brilliant. Consistently, he's been outstanding with low draft picks, undrafted rookies, and the cheap free agent reject pile. Unbelievably successful, in fact. My only big beef with him is, regardless of your opinion on Alex Smith, he should have drafted Bridgewater last year.

Are you attributing the Vikings wins to Teddy as a decent game manager or the fact they have good defense and the best RB in the league??

I have watched half of the Vikings games from start to finish. I like Teddy. But he's not going to be an upgrade over Smitty

chiefzilla1501 12-06-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 11930068)
Are you attributing the Vikings wins to Teddy as a decent game manager or the fact they have good defense and the best RB in the league??

I have watched half of the Vikings games from start to finish. I like Teddy. But he's not going to be an upgrade over Smitty

Are you kidding me? Coming from the same guy that has been polishing smith's knob for doing the same exact shit for 10 years?

I never said Bridgewater would be starting by now over Smith. But you don't pass up chances to get a good QB, especially in a situation like KC where you still really don't know exactly what you have.