ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs #7 in NFL.com power rankings (1 spot over Denver) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294452)

notorious 09-09-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 11713637)
uhhh... negatively?

Reality.

Until it changes my needle will be set at "cautious".

Hammock Parties 09-09-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 11713630)
There is no excuse for losing to Brian Hoyer in week one or not beating Denver at your home opener when they're traveling on a short week.

"the line hasn't gelled"

"Poe isn't 100%"

"Peters needs more experience"

"Maclin isn't on the same page with Smith"

In a month all these things will be fixed and then the Chiefs will be good!

Mother****erJones 09-09-2015 02:33 PM

Maclin isn't on the same page? Lol

notorious 09-09-2015 02:36 PM

I said it months ago, this team is going to start 1-3, the sky is going to fall, and we are all going to be pissed.

After the dust settles, the Chiefs are going to finish on a 10-2 run, we are all going to be whipped into a circle-jerk frenzy until the playoffs happen, again.

FlaChief58 09-09-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11713646)
"the line hasn't gelled"

"Poe isn't 100%"

"Peters needs more experience"

"Maclin isn't on the same page with Smith"

In a month all these things will be fixed and then the Chiefs will be good!

True

I don't think we need him week 1 against a Hoyer led team with their star RB out

What better way to get it than a hoyer led team

ROFL

Gadzooks 09-09-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 11713559)

The fact that Barnwell makes a living commenting on football is ludicrous. He's as knowledgeable as Bill Simmons but uses ridiculously useless stats to support his opinions.

Barnwell has always hated the Chargers and puts too much stock in his DVOA statistical bullshit. Not only that, the "Pythagorean Expectation" was developed for baseball and is idiotic to apply to football due to the increased impact of injuries.

DaFace 09-09-2015 03:11 PM

My issue with the Chargers is the same as my issue with the Raiders. They make lots of changes, and then still look the same.

"Hey, the Raiders look like they might have actually improved this year!" 2-14
"Hey, the Chargers look like they might have actually improved this year!" 8-8

The trend goes far beyond any changes that have happened in this one year.

FlaChief58 09-09-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 11713686)
Blahblah, phyllis blah blah blah, chargers don't get no lovin waah waah,boo hoo blahblah I'm a whiney bitch, blahblah.

Fixed that for you.

Reerun_KC 09-09-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11713656)
I said it months ago, this team is going to start 1-3, the sky is going to fall, and we are all going to be pissed.

After the dust settles, the Chiefs are going to finish on a 10-2 run, we are all going to be whipped into a circle-jerk frenzy until the playoffs happen, again.

You know why people hate you?

ToxSocks 09-09-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11713609)
No way SD finishes ahead of us. They're not as talented and they've been overrated for years.

Melvin Gordon looks like a bust.

I know, i know, "But he's only a rookie, the season hasn't even started yet!".

Charger homers and radio hosts around here are full of excuses, mostly about him being a rookie.

But imo, running backs are either gifted or they're not. I understand that pass blocking can be developed, but the ability to run the ball should be evident right away.

He reminds me of Trent Richardson. Stutter, stutter, comes to a dead stop...tackled for a loss.

beach tribe 09-09-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 11713033)
Doesn't work that way. Last year we lost to the Titans. We beat the Seahawks and Patriots so bad everybody was saying it was time for Brady and Belicheck to hang it up.

Gotta agree with you here. Crazy shit happens week one every year.
We could lose to Texans and do the Pack what we did the Pats.

stumppy 09-09-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11713764)
Melvin Gordon looks like a bust.

I really like comparing Gordon to C. West. well, at least what each one cost their perspective teams. I'll admit I haven't watched much of Gordon but from what I've seen I'd put money on West as the better RB.

Easy 6 09-09-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 11712953)
I love KC teams above all else in sports but we have proven nothing. We are ranked too high at this point.

The national pundits who rank us high, like this or Peter King or Bucky Brooks, are avid football fans with many connections... they can see the kind of deep and talented roster this regime has put together.

They know this coaching staff is top shelf, they can clearly see that John Dorsey has a good plan in place.

They can also see how this team has played out since this regime has took over, its building momentum every year...

MASSIVE turnaround that went from 2-12 to the playoffs and showed well 'til the last quarter.

Followed by a somewhat lesser record as the building team faced a tougher schedule, yet STILL beat the two super bowl teams.

To now, a team that's pretty well loaded at all positions, save a few question marks at OL and receiver... but even at those spots they can see the raw talent and at the same time know this staff is capable of bringing out their best.

This team HAS proven something, they've proven they're a legit team on the rise and people who actually pay attention have started to take notice.

milkman 09-09-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11713806)
The national pundits who rank us high, like this or Peter King or Bucky Brooks, are avid football fans with many connections... they can see the kind of deep and talented roster this regime has put together.

They know this coaching staff is top shelf, they can clearly see that John Dorsey has a good plan in place.

They can also see how this team has played out since this regime has took over, its building momentum every year...

MASSIVE turnaround that went from 2-12 to the playoffs and showed well 'til the last quarter.

Followed by a somewhat lesser record as the building team faced a tougher schedule, yet STILL beat the two super bowl teams.

To now, a team that's pretty well loaded at all positions, save a few question marks at OL and receiver... but even at those spots they can see the raw talent and at the same time know this staff is capable of bringing out their best.

This team HAS proven something, they've proven they're a legit team on the rise and people who actually pay attention have started to take notice.

No, they haven't proven anything.

Hammock Parties 09-09-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11713806)
Peter King... they can see the kind of deep and talented roster this regime has put together.

LMAO

That fat **** thought Pioli had put together an awesome team.

Stop reading his tripe and think for yourself.